[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

1 hour ago, Isrin said:

Banana and Orange's rap :joy:

http://weibointl.api.weibo.com/share/154297091.html?weibo_id=4517506854854847

I saw some teasers of Yuxi's appearance on the idol survival show Produce Camp, we'll probably get to see Banana dancing on stage haha 

https://i.postimg.cc/k5gRD67G/ztl7zcrupqybdp0k3gzoefml.gif

I hope lusi and the cast sees this so they can roast him when or if we do get a second fan meeting haha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

9 minutes ago, Super_Dede said:

I hope lusi and the cast sees this so they can roast him when or if we do get a second fan meeting haha

really looking forward for the 2nd fanmeet...

intl news says beijing is on 2nd lockdown...

hope they find some place to hold the event..

• Like 4

7 hours ago, lavvarr said:

AvenueX, final review 

There we have it again. As much I like her reviews for the insight they have the problems of me thinking WTF? At first she often complains too much about details (nitpicking) and misses the greater view, she takes Drama as serious business :ph34r: instead of entertainment and she has kind of double standarts. At one Drama she doesn't like that it looks so cheap but with an other it is totally okay. And she rambles too much what makes it often hard for me to watch her videos in one go. And the horrible cuts made me hearing them as podcast or otherwise I would run crazy.

It is a fair review but it is just a Drama. I enjoy it very much and don't need that what she wanted (the matriarchy is just a trope for me and not to take serious since it is executed too absurd. Rushed ending? Okay, when you need more fluff at the end.). I can't agree with her since much things she complains I didn't even notice, care for or enjoy (the absurd things :phew:) . 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Hi All, just started watching the drama and actually binge watch ep 1 - 20 in 2 days. The trailer kept appearing as a suggested post in my FB and initially I just ignored it as I am not a big cdrama fan (also my understanding of mandarin is too basic) . Then had nothing to do so peeked at 2 of the trailers and surprisingly it looks quite interesting. So here I am , gave it a go and couldn't helping laughing. The drama is indeed lighthearted and hilarious. 

Am truly enjoying every single episode. =)

• Like 6
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, Usi said:

It is a fair review but it is just a Drama. I enjoy it very much and don't need that what she wanted (the matriarchy is just a trope for me and not to take serious since it is executed too absurd. Rushed ending? Okay, when you need more fluff at the end.). I can't agree with her since much things she complains I didn't even notice, care for or enjoy (the absurd things :phew:) . 

I found her review interesting especially on her view about Han YuDi's dream, though she might have been a bit too critical for a webdrama, it's still insightful to know what could have been improved if this was a high production 

And I might be a bit delulu but I feel that the more the ending is rushed and ambiguous, the more chance we'll get to see a season 2 as it leaves more room for plot development :P 

I'd love to know more about the former/true Chen QianQian, her character seems to have much more depth than what we got to see 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, AmyK said:

yeah...look like a zombie now :lol:

At least you watch it in 2 days.. we face horrible life when we are streaming it live ... has to wait for the next week for the next 2 or 4 episode to air.... lol ... 

I am glad that you like it...... 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, AmyK said:

Hi All, just started watching the drama and actually binge watch ep 1 - 20 in 2 days. The trailer kept appearing as a suggested post in my FB and initially I just ignored it as I am not a big cdrama fan (also my understanding of mandarin is too basic) . Then had nothing to do so peeked at 2 of the trailers and surprisingly it looks quite interesting. So here I am , gave it a go and couldn't helping laughing. The drama is indeed lighthearted and hilarious. 

welcome..

hope you read the thread from page 1...

we had great time exchanging our views...

and some giggling moments too...

:)

• LOL 4

So i finally saw the ending... hmm... great that she wanted to stay with him, despite knowing he wouldnt last long... but the modern ending seemed too short and HS looked so scared of QQ:D

Overall good drama, interesting dialogue and look forward to more of LS's new drama, she is just so cute :D

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

2 hours ago, AmyK said:

next step is to backtrack this forum conversations and you will be in heavens lol  especially those only eagle eyes can see! :)))

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Isrin said:

I found her review interesting especially on her view about Han YuDi's dream, though she might have been a bit too critical for a webdrama, it's still insightful to know what could have been improved if this was a high production 

Haha, it is a bit delusional to believe it would be better if that was no low-budget production. It is about who the scriptwriter and director want to focus on. And at least for me the dream is totally irrelevant for me. :phew:

I surely won't mind a second season IF the script is good and they get enough money and good post-production. Eternal Love S2 is a good example how much more money and a better script can make the best of it. Pillow Book shows that money isn't making up everything.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

One big selling point for Season 2 would be the original cast back together.

If they changed HS, QQ, BaiBai and  RuiRui, then I am not as invested in watching the next season.

About that review - again,  TROTR has done pretty well for a 'low-budget' drama.

I like the sentimentality behind HS wearing that outfit that QQ made for him on his birthday.

And the simple dresses for QQ looks good on her!

If there is any complaint, for me, it would have been the editing. The scenes stutter at times because the editing is not smooth, even within a particular scene.

About the ending, what the reviewer said did make sense about how it is likely Actor Han who entered the world first and QQ later on. So he had lived his life as HS up to the point where he rescued QQ in HuaYuan and this is where scriptwriter XQ appears.

I think I mentioned before how I love DYX's micro expressions and his face is an open book - as a viewer you can actually see what he is thinking (plus his delusions early on about QQ being in love with him when she is actually hanging on to him so she can survive to the end. LOL)

And the sweet moments.

G4cPuR.gif

These two really enjoyed working together (as we can see from the BTS) and it is not easy to find someone who is as goofy as you are on set. But somehow, these two can be goofy together even when the BTS cameras are rolling.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

AvenueX is critical of cdramas because she watches massive amount of them, and reviewing them is kind of her job. Sometimes people are naturally more critical of something they like or they want it to be better because they expect more from it, I'm like that. Being critical also means I'll note all its flaws before someone else who might nickpick it or dislike it, so that it can be heads up for people who aren't a fan of certain things or lower their expectation and shift their focus to more positive aspects.

I know people who dropped the drama few episodes in because a) the matriarchy was more gimmicky than expected (I mentioned that too, but I adjusted my expectations quickly) b) they find some of it illogical. So different strokes for different folks yknow. I personally find the first half of the drama better than second half, and I definitely think the script could be more polished than it is (scriptwriter is capable of writing a polished script without big budget, but they could have been subjected to time constraint), that doesn't necessarily mean I like or enjoyed the drama less.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

4 hours ago, visiopeia said:

At least you watch it in 2 days.. we face horrible life when we are streaming it live ... has to wait for the next week for the next 2 or 4 episode to air.... lol ... 

I am glad that you like it...... 

I kinda know how you're feeling now...lol

I could only watch till ep 20. now waiting for the last 4 eps to be aired. I can't access it via WeTV, Rakuzen Viki or YT..maybe because of my region. Will have to wait another 2 days for another 2 ep or purchase VIP....

• Like 1
  • LOL 1