[Drama 2020] Oh My Baby, 오 마이 베이비

0ly40

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think IS will try noble idiocy but won't succeed. Based off the preview for tomorrow, why do I feel like HR will realize he's trying to break up and disappear from the heartache, bang on his door, only to catch him in the airport before boarding his flight? I know the airport reconciliation trope is overplayed in the kdrama world but that's the only way I can see the noble idiocy plot starting and ending in the same episode. Or maybe he goes to a cottage to retreat from everything and she finds him there to get him back? Guess we'll see how it plays out tomorrow. I feel more bad for IS than HR at this point, he lay it all on the line to make their relationship succeed, despite recognizing that his heart might not be able to handle a second heartbreak, only to see HR centered on her own grief about likely not conceiving a child and not working through the pain of loss together with him. 

This is highly unlikely and might be too optimistic of me but I wonder if it's too much for the writers to please give our couple their miracle baby >.<  I think the message in this story is well-meant and very realistic but I want it to come back to it's early lighthearted days. Maybe they can have the couple go through some very hard discussions and decisions about their relationship and just when they become accepting of never having children and just being together, they can get pregnant by surprise or at the very least have them adopting a baby. 

Fans Pick The Best 4 Scenes From “Oh My Baby”

Episode 1: Jang Nara’s crying scene at the gynecologist’s

Jang Ha Ri has everything but her own baby. She even decides on freezing her eggs in hopes of having a child, but she ends up being diagnosed with endometriosis. Jang Ha Ri receives the heartbreaking news that she doesn’t have much time to make her longtime dream of becoming a mother come true.

Viewers expressed their awe at Jang Ha Ri’s scene at the gynecologist’s and Jang Nara’s impressive performance. Some fans loved how Jang Nara’s acting and the drama’s OST fit well together.

read more: https://www.soompi.com/article/1410108wpp/fans-pick-the-best-4-scenes-from-oh-my-baby

Jang Nara And Go Joon Are Overwhelmed With Conflicting Emotions In “Oh My Baby”

Jul 1, 2020
by S. Nam
1021bbca95774cb0b566848598b0ec88.jpeg?s=

tvN’s Wedsnesday-Thursday drama “Oh My Baby” released new stills of Jang Nara and Go Joon!

“Oh My Baby” is about a woman named Jang Ha Ri (Jang Nara), a workaholic career woman who wants to have a baby before it’s too late. Just as she decides to skip over marriage in order to make her dream of becoming a mother come true, three men come unexpectedly into her life.

Spoiler

In the newly released stills, Jang Ha Ri is crouched over on the streets bawling her eyes out. Previously, Jang Ha Ri received surgery for endometriosis (a condition in which tissue normally found within the uterus grows outside the uterus, potentially increasing risks during pregnancies), and although she seemed calm, she ended up sobbing after seeing a picture book titled, “My Mom.” Viewers were saddened to see Jang Ha Ri suffer when she had tried so hard to stay strong despite the numerous struggles she faced.

The stills also portray Han Yi Sang (Go Joon) watching Jang Ha Ri from a distance across the street. With a complicated expression showing a mixture of several different emotions, Han Yi Sang’s eyes well up with tears. Viewers are anticipating the upcoming finale this week to discover what will happen to the couple.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1410182wpp/jang-nara-and-go-joon-are-overwhelmed-with-conflicting-emotions-in-oh-my-baby

Why almost every drama end with stupid noble idiocy trope. 

Just yesterday we got  sweet munchies ending which pretty much a mess drama and the last episode is also a noble idiocy and had like the most disappointing ending ever. 

Also we got drama like find me in your memory which also had noble idiocy in the last 2 episode although the ending still alright but like is it important to add the noble idiocy so late into the drama?

And now this also do the noble idiocy trope in finale week.

Well i guess they will still had their happy ending but this dont feel right and pretty much lazy writting.

This kind of noble idiocy in the penultimate episode only to resolve everything in the very last episode is stupid. 

I dont understand what even the point to do the noble idiocy this late? Like i dont get it.. it just make the fans angry and not really helpful for the rating either i guess. 

But atleast tomorrow hopefully we got lot of hr and is scene. 

Thanks a lot dear @triplem chingu for the recapping as always!

Watched some scenes on IG & Ha Ri is crying so hard! :tears: Why is she crying a river???! I can't see Jang Nara cry at all! She makes me cry too! :( 

:Please:, let them be together in the last episode, writer-nim! :wub:

EbpGj-TU8AE6E6x.jpg

Spoiler

EbpGj-VU8AEj4Fb.jpg

EbpGj-WUYAAaGkK.jpg

EbpGj-VUEAApWfF.jpg

wow, so we did got our nobel idocy.. But In another side this little separation give them space to really feel what life is without each other. So they really know it is each other they want.  aww looking forward to the happy bliz tomorrow episode. :wub: 

17 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

But atleast tomorrow hopefully we got lot of hr and is scene.

They better make a lot of HR and IS scenes for the finale. They wasted enough time for unnecessary scenes in tonight's episode. Even IS's noble idiocy didn't make sense to me. Why leave her only to comeback to her after a few months?? Please someone explain this stupidity. LOL.

@triplem

Preview for the finale tomorrow

Hard Sub

YS: I missed you
YS: Even if we are feeling unhappy, I want to be by your side
HR: Whether I have a child of my own or not, I want to be happy
YS: How should we define a happiness? A morning like this (waking up beside each other) is a happiness
HJ: I thought we have agreed to not meet with each other which didn't have any meaning
ED: I only kind towards people that I like
HR's mom: I dreamed that a big golden pig comes running towards me
Woman: It must be a conception dream!
YS: Oh?!
HR's mom: It must be, right? A conception dream?
HR: Come inside~

9 minutes ago, sal2 said:

But In another side this little separation give them space to really feel what life is without each other

I agree that they need some space to refocus their goals in life but I hope that we also get to see Isang's point of view during their separation.  

@triplem Thanks always for for your recaps & @alleram95 for the preview translations.

Got enough of bad drama writing this week I was avoiding the forum til now.

So thoughts before watching

- excited the infertile couple give birth

- boo on IS avoiding HR and trying to decide for her what’s best for her 

- Glad JY could meet HR and be supportive of her despite IS not being there (thank god)

- Glad JY had talk with ex and had improved relations with her and glad he didn’t jump to get back together with her. PPD is tough, my friend had it is was horrible for her.

- HJ and ED interesting ED is changing but glad he got his closure with HR for himself though 

-HR our heart and sorry to have a tough episode 

(not looking forward to it)

7 hours ago, Shereen said:

I agree that they need some space to refocus their goals in life but I hope that we also get to see Isang's point of view during their separation.  

Yeah I also hope and belive we gonna see his side of the coin in the start of next episode. I can belive after meeting his ex hearing she was happy now, all his doubt and insecurity seing HR so down would crush him. His mind would think if he leaves her she would not suffer anymore (stupid but then sometime we do not think clear or rational when we are high on emotion). It is like he got a dangerous confirmation in a bad time listening to his ex. His mind was already low. I guess after getting some time alone and cooling down his mind got more clear and he regret what he did. Since he could see how hurt HR got. He needed time to get courage to face her again and apologize for his word and action. 

Separation made no sense unless of course he went away and had some extra special treatment abroad and he didn't wanna risk her waiting and losing her chance especially if the treatment doesn't work. I bet his soldier have appeared and now he's back to try get his girl. Or it could simple be him given her a chance possible find someone else like his ex did. Either way glad it's not dragged on too long so final episode better give us at least 55mins just about them.

@sal2 @Shereen Thanks and I agree though not a big fan of noble idiocy, at least it was short lived and not dragged out.

I finally watched Wednesday’s episode 15.
Things I noticed that stood out 

- HR tells IS to stop the hormones and declares she gives up on kids and wants to live and appreciate life, we see IS looking uneasy

- IS meeting his ex was awkward and her unable to smile while posing wasn’t good. Glad they were able to talk and his ex admitted being happy but she misses him as he was her best friend. The fact he admitted he thought she would choose him over kids , he resented her. Now he sees her being happy did cause him to not want to repeat  history of making one person miserable if the other cannot achieve their dream ie his EX & now HR

- Sad that IS lied about taking a break and meeting up again after his assignment and then quit & leaving HR. NO NO :tears:

- the side story of both Goose Fathers this time eating alone together to avoid being alone in that scenario. Gosh awkward manager trying to get SC to like the Precious girl group. How awkward after SC said not want to be part of the leering old perverts fans , Mgr just want to support hard working youth to achieve their dreams. But later when he found out from ED the truth of his fandom broke my heart a little. His love for Precious wanting to be closer to his girl  brought him and his daughter together after having nothing in common. Wow such a loving dad. I agree with SC what a sad story & touched what SC did to cheer him up with the fan chant, headband and I think lightstick?

-ED was sweet to help MGR get back his Precious concert tickets and extend the ad contract 6 mos to 1 year- great job! How that vendor said this is not a bribe when it totally was sigh.

- I loved how ED said his admiration to HR and then teasing her with banmal etc to cheer her up. I liked that she said to cheer him up - someone appreciates what you say to comfort them (aw) so remember this when you are down.

- HJ props for telling clueless ED how to stay away as he cannot erase himself, so until she gets over liking him , he needs to avoids her & he must look miserable. Lol. Even though HJ ended up wanting to leave The Baby , I am glad she decided to stick it out with the others despite the likelihood of their magazine folding soon.

-Glad JH didn’t take back his ex, glad later he acknowledges he should have taken paternity leave and helped her out not leave all the care of Do Ah  on her (he took responsibility for not realizing it ). Interesting ex keeps worrying about HR still. Glad JH said even if not with HR it’s made it clear better to be in my own.

-JH pep talk and wait for the right man and IS could be that one , glad he gave up trying to get with her finally .

-HR worked hard and was alone while IS was away. She predicted correctly it would be tough to be away from each other. In the VO , he admitted missing her.  He rather be with her than not as it was too miserable. He needed to know this time and at least feel he gave her an out. He did but she didn’t do anything but work very hard it seems while he was away.OTP of course back together for the finale.

“Oh My Baby” Cast Shares Their Gratitude In Final Remarks As Drama Approaches Its End

Jul 2, 2020
by L. Ki
02e87f9392d547869f7a7af98378061c.jpeg?s=

As tvN’s “Oh My Baby” comes to an end, the cast of the drama shared their love for viewers and their final thoughts!

Jang Na Ra played Jang Ha Ri, the honest and confident deputy department head at a parenting magazine. She shared, “We started shooting in thick parkas on a cold day, but we ended filming in the summer. The crew had a hard time, but I want to thank them for always being there with a smile. It was a happy time.”

jang-nara.jpg

Go Joon, who played freelance photographer Han Yi Sang, remarked, “I feel strange that the drama is coming to an end.” Then he relayed his gratitude to the crew members and expressed his hope to work with them again soon.

go-joon.jpg

Park Byung Eun left a strong impression on the viewers as Jang Ha Ri’s close childhood friend Yoon Jae Young who eventually fell in love with her. He said, “Filming started in February, and it is already the end of June. It feels like it was only yesterday when Jang Nara, Go Joon, and I filmed the fight scene in the rain, but it’s already time to wrap things up. I did my best for the past five months. I want to thank the viewers for their love and support.”

morehttps://www.soompi.com/article/1410438wpp/oh-my-baby-cast-shares-their-gratitude-in-final-remarks-as-drama-approaches-its-end

Archived