[Drama 2020] Oh My Baby, 오 마이 베이비

0ly40

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gm4queen said:

Behind the scenes of Go Joon & Jang Nara!

OMO, what's going on?? He is even holding her hand! :wub::) And Ha Ri's mom is also there?? What has happened to her???! I am so excited! :D

I think she decided to go through the surgery, or plan to do.

3 hours ago, 황후마마 said:

dammit I thought their bed scene would at the very least be like this...

Ikr. I was kinda disappointed they didn't even give us a kiss. Why are they so stingy?!?!! :bawling:

8 hours ago, Misstinker said:

I hate that the bestfriend keep trying to win by default like I can give her a baby so I should have her what kind of friend is that he so desperate he dont even care that she dont like or love him that way I feel he selfish he had a marriage why can she 

3 hours ago, 황후마마 said:

That conversation between Jaeyoung and Hari when the lights were out was so saddening to watch. Jaeyoung missed his chance because he was afraid and is now regretting his choices, but then again, I don't think Hari would have accepted him as well(?)

Came out lurking to say that I agree it was sad and difficult to watch, but mainly because of how JY was behaving. I mean I get that he wanted to tell HR everything in the effort to let go, but anyone can see she was visibly uncomfortable... AND the fact that he kept cutting her off and didn’t even listen to what she was saying (while you can see she was trying to respond sensitively and steer the conversation to a more neutral topic) just made me sooo uncomfortable. I definitely feel that HR has it much much better with IS who clearly loves her AND seems to put her feelings first. Or maybe JY’s behaviour was just a bit too triggering for me :sweatingbullets:

26 minutes ago, Shereen said:

Ikr. I was kinda disappointed they didn't even give us a kiss. Why are they so stingy?!?!! :bawling:

Ahhhhhh can’t agree more!!!! For a TVN romcom between 39 year olds it’s definitely far too innocent lolllll

Recaps ( my posts will automatically merge...so just come back and check for updates ya)

Repeat proposal scene... HR keeps hearing the let's get married phase and  seems stuck in her own world and did not respond....YS was trying to explain all sorts of things that she suddenly said sorry...she did not say yes and no immediately and kept him on the edge giving some philosophy about how hearts can be broken etc...he was swallowing his saliva hard and holding his breath...it was hilarious. She finally said yes...let's do this ...so she accepted his proposal and they wore the rings ( eh why no kiss, only smiling and hand holding) 

HR goes back to office . Reading an article and asked HJ about it  She did praise HJ a bit for the article ......then suddenly  HJ screamed and said the ring...so they were all excited and happy she got proposed to HR was happy , looking at the ring. She then looked at her phone...she thought of baby photos....

Mum finally came home and saw that JY had moved out....

Mum went out at night ( probably to the hospital)

HR comes home to an empty house, seeing that JY has move out and mum is not home. 

-------------------------------------------

HR nagging her mum on the phone to make sure she not fall sick herself etc ...YS overheard...asked her about it...but she had to get back to work , could not talk long.

YS, so sweet - he brought food for mum who was at the hospital looking after the dad....YS even offered to help her look after him but the mum said it would only make HR mad. Then she told YS how the dad had hurt HR in the past. YS now understands more of HR's pain. 

As YS was leaving the hospital, JY walked in and both bumped into each other . 

--------------------------------------------

YS said that something about don't let HR know too JY? Anyway seems like this JY still not gonna stop hmmm....he was like are you why you putting HR through this if you can't give her kids or something like that...anyway YS did not want to pick a fight , and just thanked him and walk off....

JY went to see the dad , so he offered to help mum take over the looking after of dad...dad still remembers JY..anway mum goes back  and thanks JY for helping. DA is still with the ex wife.   JY sits down and chats with the dad. Think he talks about how in the past HR used to wait for dad. Think dad asked about whether he used to like HR ...anyway I think JY just said that he is just a friend to HR...flashback to their college days when HR was depressed after being dumped by someone or was it a failed blind date...and he came to comfort her 

( long chat btwn the two - wait for subs ya)

-------------------

YS and HR walk back to her place hand in hand....ahahah she was like so quiet ...then he said something that he did not want her to think she was taking advantage of her ...anyway she did invite him for ramyeon ( like noodles and not something else ok :ph34r:)....she cooked and they both talked ...i think he did ask her about her dad and shared about his dad as well.  He tells back of when his dad died...dad left him a lot of cameras...photography was dad's passion, which is why YS became one. Then HR opened up and told him of how her dad used to just ask her mum for money...dad was a gambler ...mum really had a hard life as dad was really quite useless . ( just glad for YS and HR to have these conversations)....dad gives mum his winnings but mum really hated to have to take it from him....

YS tells HR he understands why HR would be worried and feel angry for the mum...he says some stuff that almost made her tear up...aahhaahha it was going to be a romantic moment where he was gonna hug her but he accdientally spilled hot soup on his shirt...ahahah she went to take a new t shirt for him...but just as he was taking off his dirty shirt, the mum walks in :Megalol:

--------------

Mum mouth was hanging....HR was like we were having ramyeon ( this has double meaning )...ahahahah ...mum was like this awkward and ran downstairs...

Later after YS left, HR went downstairs ....she told mum that YS had asked to get married......mum was glad. Then HR kept asking mum was she really ok with taking of dad given what he has done. Mum i guess is quite a forgiving person 

ED and HJ scene...he paper cut his finger and she over-reacted bringing him plaster etc....ahahah he is still keeping him at arm's length...HJ volunteered to do something when she heard ED is involved...the rest were surprised

Dad gets discharged...the mum gives him some advice and I think she still wants him not to disturb HR...she walks off and says that let's not have to cross paths again.

-----------------------

HR did come to see the dad...mum had already left...she took him for lunch ...and dad said he will repay the money for the surgery ...the father and daughter had a very quiet lunch , though she did ask him if he wanted to say something to her. 

They split ways after lunch..as she was walking away , dad came back with a bunch of flowers for her ( guess making up for him not being there for her elementary graduation)

YS gets a message from his doctor if I am not mistaken..does not seem like good news....

ED and HJ work together to speak to a shop owner...she was able to convince the owner about something. ED was thankful for her help. She was like if you're thankful, lets go to the beach. So their work brought them to an area near a beach...they both chat and she tells him how he is very clever and shining , lol! She asked him what he thought about her...he said some stuff which I don't really get...but anyway they went and play by the waves...got some tropey romantic moments....ahahahah . Finally as she was drying her shoes, he asked if she likes him....she did not answer...but I think he tried to make it clear that his heart is somewhere else

---------------------------------------------------

HR's cramps are getting worse...so bad that she is rolling on the floor...

YS goes to see his doctor...not good news as well

YS in  the studio looks sadly at all The Baby magazines...think he tells SC what is he going to do ...think he really cannot father his own kids...:tears:.... YS was more concerned because he knows how much HR wants it .

JY comes back to the house . He still had some stuff left to pack

YS at home feeling rather down...

Meanwhile , HR upstairs in great pain...

YS calls her ..she hobbles to get her phone...she managed to open it but she dropped the vase...YS heard the sound...JY downstairs also heard....

JY went up , knocked ...HR was crying in pain...YS dashes out...JY knocks harder...he knows something not right . He breaks the door...Mum and him take her to the hospital...YS overheard everything on the phone...

-------------------

YS finally arrived ...mum and JY are there...As YS goes into see her, this JY was like are you going to continue this or make HR suffer or something ( I dunno , this man should mind his own business) ...mum , YS and HR talk to the Ob-gynae. The doc wants her to do the surgery...HR asked if it would affect her chances of having a child...think it is not good....Mum walked out feeling weak in her legs.

YS held HR's hands  , I am not sure if he asked her to do or not do the surgery...but he does tell her that his results also not good. He basically does not want her to suffer, think he wants her to do the surgery?? She asked her if he would be okay about it, he says yes.

YS and mum have coffee...mum was like are you having thoughts about HR and the marriage...he was like of course not. But he tells mum about his infertility issue to...poor thing he was so worried. Mum did not know how to process all this information as she left the cafe. YS sat there so downcast all alone.

HR is at home lying in bed also feeling rather depressed....

------------------------

Mum, feeling a little helpless sat for abit thinking what to do...then she made some food and got HR to come down for dinner. Mum wanted her to do the surgery...HR said that then I will have to give up having a baby and be a mum...Mum gave her some advice and tried to get her to see a different perspective. HR just nodded , ate...she went to her room feeling sad...looked at the keychain YS gave her 

Next day , she was rolled in to do surgery....( damn I do feel so bad for her)

Post surgery, HR getting ready to go to work...YS was waiting to take her to work...YS asked her if she was ok...she cut him off says let's go for something delicious after work and got into his car...she just putting up a brave front...

Her colleagues just try not to ask her too many things...they only asked if she was alright...she was like  I am fine...\

But she was not..in her office desk she was looking at a kids book...tearing up knowing she can't read to her own child. ( so sad)

------------------------------------

YS thought of HR's reaction as he was in the studio and ran out....

HR finally cried out loud and the girls just look helplessly at her ...YS had come up to the office and saw her crying ...( damn this is too sad)

- eps ends-

Next week we see HR walking along the streets depressed and crying and YS just follow her from behind ..he ends up in tears himself...the voiceover has YS telling the mum that HR deserves someone that can make her happy ( ehhhh this is worrying me) . Is he going for some noble idiocy route....

Ok, this episode is too much for me to handle. I'm worried how are they going to wrap up this drama with only 2 episodes left. From the preview, HR is too devastated and IS looks like he wants to let go of HR because he can't bear to see her hurting like that and he feels too guilty. :bawling:  Are we going to get a happy ending for these two??? :fearful:

Dear @triplem chingu, thanks a lot for the recaps as usual! :wub:

But just reading your recaps makes me cry for Jang Ha Ri! OH NO, this is too sad & I want to see the eps right now! :( This is not so good! What is going on??! I want Jang Ha Ri to end up with Han Yi Sang! I think only he can understand her feelings as both have their own worries! :tears: But can we at least get a satisfied ending for both of them?? I am curious to know how the writer is planning on them! 

oh so sad episode.... :tears:  I hope they do not go the typical noble idiocy (seems like almost every drama have this). I hope they can comfort each other in the end. But wow just two episode left. gonna miss this drama. I hope the two next episode is satisfying for us and give a nice ending for our OTP. 

That last 10mins was so heartbreaking. Minimal conversations, just deep thoughts and emotions going through their heads. The part where Hari was flipping the book was the saddest part. The book basically only had the word 'Mom' throughout and is accompanied by pictures of a child growing up and getting married.

Thanks to @triplem for the recaps as well!!

Just like Episode 8 of dramas is when the OTP typically kiss, Episode 15 is when noble idiocy rears its ugly head and the OTP separate and meet again after a time skip in Episode 16. Hope the drama avoids noble idiocy but won't hold my breath. 

Joining the others, thanks as always @triplem for your hard work. I don't know how you do it!

Tonight is going to be tear works. Dang.

@qynn I agree, I really don't like the noble idiocy route. I have been enjoying the recent slate of dramas WITHOUT this annoying trope.

Please do not use it writer nim. :headbang:

Last night watched ep 13,  yeah .

@Misstinker I agree that I don't care for JH trying to use the friend /close family card to be closer to HR. He has such an up and down relationship. From not confessing to her earlier to promising his ex before they got married to stop ALL contact with HR was hurtful (and not letting her know on top of it). Then crawling back in her life thanks to her mom (their mom's being best friends) when he is at his lowest. HR being kind was so quick and nice to him (she should have made him suffer--but that is not our angel HR's character.) Plus she couldn't resist the cutie patootie Do Ah. (Love her!):heart4:

@shazbinjin Totally concur, JH was not listening to HR. Only more for him to release /mansplain his side to move on from her.

Great points! Though he was not perfect, he had some moments he was good  1) calling IS to get HR (after seeing mom and her ill dad) after HR's mom asked him to do it 2) not telling HR's mom about IS infertility (thank god)  3) Knocking on the door at the pension (instead he left) 

@Ameera Ali Yup ED cannot be that dense as HJ was TOTALLY being obvious, even for someone like him --she was laying it thick. (She was realizing before her subtle hints hit a brick wall with him. (Her persisting to treat him and asking him to give dessert) only to send her a dessert e coupon---omg.  I cannot blame her for liking ED. He is not a player, very sweet and a bit dense but he would be true and loyal.

His explanation of his one sided crush/love was the sweetest and so pure. So him and awww. To want it to be a sweet and lovely memory of liking her. My heart and this cute puppy did a good job. (We knew he NEVER had a chance, but I am glad he was able to be kind/protect and care for HR even aggravate and annoy her too (those early days calling her Aunt --why he thought it was ok flummoxed me). ED I hope you find your happiness.:cheers: 

Awww so I was right, HR's dad was a chronic gambler (they did insinuate it) and now he has late stage cancer? HR's mom is a saint. I believe in karma, no matter what he did. He is HR's dad and she has the means and time to be there for him. Seems like he never remarried (how could he in his state) and she is doing the DECENT thing as a human being. Even HR cannot agree but now she is angry and blinded by it, her soft heart will appreciate her mom's sacrifice and time later when she is more level headed.  (when you love and hate (both opposite emotions it shows you CARE deeply to allow those feelings to be in  your heart.). So HR's dads wasn't always bad. But the elementary school memory def was SCARRING for poor HR. Thank god for JH's family or it would have been worse. Poor HR's mom suffered and worked and paid debt and did NOT enjoy life. (Glad she has a building and doing classes -leather/teaching aerobics and hiking. So happy she got some happiness later in life for herself.)

Loved the colleagues when overhearing IS and SC conversation. The hard thing ED had was getting the ring size (IS said that to SC without her being suspicious). So the fact her colleagues just answered the 1) ring size 11 2) no religion and 3) suggestions where to propose with open invitation for advice to him---was EPIC!:yaaa:

HR freaking out on every time she thinks he will propose was a bit overboard. I mean you waited 10 yrs for this man, he loves you and you love him. Why are you shying away? (Aside from your fertility issues?) Ok dad issues are strong but IS is showing he is NOT her dad at all. He may have tried to fight liking HR, but he couldn't to the power of HR's adorable personality, beauty and heart he was sucker punched and was weak to win against her. 

Going back to the obvious bed scene, Yes joining everyone ---not even a KISS the  morning after? Come one even after the necklace? They are not kids but mature adult, I don't think that is asking for much. Or playing up the more pure and sweet love based on their images in this drama. Plus it is a tvN drama---cable! What's up?! Even with the caution 15+ precaution, a kiss would have been fine. Not that I was expecting  the episode 1 -World of the Married --hot married couple bed scene. It was FIRE!:evillaugh: So @황후마마 clip was better than what we got! HEHEE thanks friend!

Looking forward to tonight's episode.

@Ameera Ali Hubba Hubba the screen shots of Go Jun shirtless and HR's mom walking in on them.

(She did say she was an OPEN minded mind and will give her privacy. SO when HR was like mom you never called before coming over. HAHAHA HR mom was like I am cool like that, just to make sure IS is not around in  your place. HEHEHEE) 

I'm really curious about endometriosis now. I've done a little research --just a little, about endometriosis surgery and and how it relates to fertility. And based on what I've read, endometriosis surgery may actually increase the chance of getting pregnant depending on what stage you are in (the surgeon will rate your case ). So, I guess there's still hope for our beautiful HaRi.

However, the problem is both of them have fertility issues (need to know if IS was unsuccessful on his treatment) so, the odds are really against them. I just hope the the writer will at least give us a happy ending for our couple. I'm still hopeful for a miracle baby to happen. It may seem unrealistic, but given the amount of suffering of our couple experiencing right now, I wonder if the writer will be nice enough to give us a really happy ending--that is, a miracle baby for Hari and Isang. :Please:

20 minutes ago, Shereen said:

I'm really curious about endometriosis now. I've done a little research --just a little, about endometriosis surgery and and how it relates to fertility. And based on what I've read, endometriosis surgery may actually increase the chance of getting pregnant depending on what stage you are in (the surgeon will rate your case ). So, I guess there's still hope for our beautiful HaRi.

However, the problem is both of them have fertility issues (need to know if IS was unsuccessful on his treatment) so, the odds are really against them. I just hope the the writer will at least give us a happy ending for our couple. I'm still hopeful for a miracle baby to happen. It may seem unrealistic, but given the amount of suffering of our couple experiencing right now, I wonder if the writer will be nice enough to give us a really happy ending--that is, a miracle baby for Hari and Isang. :Please:

If I'm not mistaken the show started with her in labor correct I feel she got pregnant when they had that overnight just my opinion 

@Shereen @Misstinker  Thanks for sharing your findings. 

Like everyone, I want both IS and HR to have their happiness together. PLEASE no noble idiot trope used with IS leaving our poor HR who needs him more than ever.

Spoiler

I personally knew some women with endometriosis and it was very painful. I did not know much about the fertility aspect or having kids, I just heard from them it was very uncomfortable and not easy with daily life.

I know of a few couples how had issues getting pregnant using IVF and fertility treatments of variety of ages.

Spoiler

I am no doctor. But one even spent a good 8 years trying. Others tried and failed for extended period of time.

A few of them did end up getting pregnant, once they stopped stressing and doing treatments they got pregnant. (Granted they did not have infertility issues as IS and HR though.)

So your body and how you handle stress definitely come into play. One friend got pregnant at 43 (no IVF etc) she said if she got pregnant it was all up to fate. Well she got pregnant naturally.

I have a family member wanting to get pregnant, she is 43, but base health is not great. They are having issues. (I think part of it is stress from all around--hubby, in laws, her own parents and friends constantly reminders for her to hurry up.

I am not wanting to see the teary scenes tonight. Sigh. I am getting ready to see it. I am leaving work now . 

1 hour ago, Misstinker said:

If I'm not mistaken the show started with her in labor correct I feel she got pregnant when they had that overnight just my opinion 

That was fake. She was in pain from her medical issue....I don’t think she got pregnant from that as that was only a few days before her pain becomes really bad ( and she  got an operation for endometriosis so she  definitely is not pregnant) I will  be a  waiting for English sub for the 14th episode but not looking forward to it. I don’t know about others but when Jang Nara cries, I feel like crying too. I find sincerity in her acting....I just hope I can sleep tonight. :(

2 hours ago, Shereen said:

Endometriosis is very painful! One of my closest cousin had it and she was in a lot of pain and had a very irregular period. She was married for years and we wonder why she didn’t have kids yet (she is the only one in our family who had this issue ). She eventually find out that she had endometriosis and got an operation. She remains childless and both her and husband accepted their fate. Watching the drama made me think of her, as I was clueless how hard that must be for her. In my home country, people who are infertile are look down upon, as if they are less of a person, especially for the man. People have even have a term for it. When I was a kid, adults pointed out who had that kind of problem and even then, I feel pity towards those couple( because kids are expected to take care of parents when they old and they have none).Fortunately now, IVF/ infertility treatment is easily available ( though very expensive and could take very long). Adoption is also an option ( which Hari mentions in ep 12 ). 

@ nodame I wonder if just recently the Korean government have a say in k-dramas minimizing kissing scene during this time of pandemic ( though you pointed that “world of the married”)... I was disappointed too! We know that Jang Nara and Go Joon could handle hot kissing/ bed scenes well. They are pros! Pdnim and writernim, don’t be a slacker! Please show us how it’s done, we want to see it! :P

15 minutes ago, waffles09 said:

I’m also frustrated with the lack of proper kissing scenes, is it because of covid?

I do not think Covid is the reason for lack of kiss scene. since other dramas have kiss scenes. But more writer choice to focus on a light romance. older dramas often do not have many kiss scenes (or non) and focused more emotions for the characters. We do have two episodes to go tough so maybe we gonna get a kiss scenes as their emotions gonna be on high level and some feelings gonna come out in passion. Let see what they have in store for us. :) 

Archived