[Drama 2020] Oh My Baby, 오 마이 베이비

0ly40

@alleram95 thanks very much ! I am so glad the angst did not last long. 

@Nodame thanks too ! I was rather stressed out watching it live and seeing HR's reaction to this whole scenario. Like @blademan  I am glad that they did not drag this longer , because it would really seem like all HR saw IS as was a potential sperm donor.  While her reaction is understandable ,  it was terribly hurtful to a man that was in the same exact position as she was. Even though I can empathise with HR's position , I felt a lot pain for ISang . If today's ending had been any different , it would be devastating for IS to go through this same trauma twice.

You're most welcome @acuteaddict @fishfolklore...happy to see more folks post. 

@qynn @sal2 Well , I am sure you know from my recaps that I was highly irritated with JY. I used to like him a lot at the beginning of the show. But he's going overboard and really should not be interfering in other people's relationship and choices. What made annoyed me was that he had pushed aside his and HR's friendship when he was with his ex. And now that HR's finally found someone, he can't be the cool friend and let her have her happiness.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the recaps! @triplem you're the best. @alleram95 thanks for all the translations!  :wub::wub::wub:

I also enjoy reading all the comments and insights here. I know I don't contribute much here coz I'm more of a lurker but reading all the comments makes the experience of watching OMB really fun! Thank you guys so much! :thumbsup:

Oh, I'm kinda bothered with the conversation of HR and JY about her waiting for IS to come. What was that? Did something happen to IS? Or something that caused him to change his heart? :( Oh well, previews are deceiving so I'm not gonna overthink for now. But there's still 4 episodes left and I'm not hoping for a plot twist. 

1 hour ago, Shereen said:

Oh, I'm kinda bothered with the conversation of HR and JY about her waiting for IS to come. What was that? Did something happen to IS? Or something that caused him to change his heart

I suppose maybe something happened at work making IS unsure if he could make it. But HR  did traveling before him waiting for him to show up. We do see him rushing to their destination though. I am trying to stay calm as preview tend to be misleading and this seems to really be intended to make us guess what is happening. Those preview can be very devilish :P 

Oh my days I didn't even realised I holding my breathe until that back hug was met with the biggest exhalation. Phew loved that flashback sequence leading to her decision.

Right at the beginning her mate was irksome, then he became super annoying interrupting their moments and stuff but today at the end of today's episode and preview I couldn't help saying .....could you please just ......off, at the tv. He's a selfish, unworthy twat who thought he upgraded and abandoned his mate whom he took for granted, whilst also crushing her soul. He can just do one.

recap...

repeat of last night..they ended with a nice chat and agreed they'd work at this together...

HR back home with her mum...so HR knows now that mum know about Yi Sang. They had some chat.  Mum definitely hope things work out...don't think mum know about  IS's issue yet

Next morning came to look for HR ...bumped into mum or was it mum that he came to look for to take her for her aerobics...she was pleased....but JY appeared...mum had to act all cool that she didn't know IS that well...but anyway JY wanted to join her aerobics session too. LOL! Both of them joined her class in the park. Post class , 3 of them chat..but JY being very possessive trying to show off how much he knows or understand HR, but mum throw shade and says some stuff .

After the chat with mum , the men walked together - IS was nice guy, he thanked JY. But JY says don't thank him...he has not given up on HR

Some office scene of HR and her colleague

HR went to look for JY ...JY : Are you not well?  HR took the stethoscope and put on her heart and says it is beating fine. Thank him for his support and friendship. Sigh, this isn't easy for him is it? HR then finally says she is willing to go through this, and she really likes IS. Tell him not to worry . Then he says he won't give up ( not sure if she understood what he meant) . He asked her to listen to his heart with his stethoscope ..she was like what is up  with you. 

IS doing a shoot. There was a little girl model ...he approached her and asked for her name...( hope he gets to be a dad, since he actually loves kids)

HR's friend Eun Young looking to rejoin workforce , her husband seems clueless about her desire to do so making her mad.

HR and EY meet for some girl time. HR updates EY what happened , EY asked if she'll be ok with it...HR seems determined. 

IS looks for SC who was working part time at a restaurant ...or was this his own place - needs extra money. He actually lied to IS he was at the studio. Anyway IS updates SC about him and HR and that they will work this out together. But IS does worry abit , SC told him it will be fine, trying to encourage him

Meanwhile Yeon Ho ( the office mate) came to look for HR who was walking back with EY. End up 3 women chat in HR's place. Think YH having problems with her husband ( did they regret not having kids now) ...but something YH said made HR imagined a happy life that she and IS would have with their kids...

Yeon Ho stays the night HR...HR and her chat . Think HR asked her how her life without kids was with her husband...as she described it, HR imagined a sweet life IS and a dog ( remember the scenes in the preview of IS with a pink shirt)

IS goes to the jewellery shop..he is looking for a gift ...got her a necklace...

As HR walks YH off to the street , YH's husband was there to make amends and pick her up...a lot goes on in HR's mind about motherhood etc, but maybe now she is trying to work out / process everything 

HR meets IS for a date...they pass a shop with all those cute stone carvings ...ahahah he really likes them ( considering he already has so many in his collection) ...cute bickering happening in front of the shop , is she not letting him buy it ? lol!

JY went car and apartment shopping...maybe he's finally getting a grip on himself

Sweet dating scene of HR and IS...IS wanted to give a gift card...not sure what he said but she got a little upset and sensitive about it and walked off...

IS went back to his apartment...he was thinking what he should text HR...but felt it may lack sincerity...ahahha he spent a whole night trying to write a letter...HR was wondering what is wrong with this dense men...finally she received a super long text of apology and I love you from him . She replied I love you too....

HR at office...boxes almost fell on her but ED blocked it from falling on her...he did some dramatic speech - it was funny. But ED finally talked to HR alone - while I don't think he confessed his feeling , he just said some nice things about her. She in return praised him too. 

JY goes to Do A day care and when he was speaking to one of the carers, she gave him back one of the blankets..he said it is not DA's...the carer says it was brought by DA's mum. JY called her and told her not to things like that.

IS and SC -SC teased him ...think IS plans to take HR on a trip. IS gave the gift voucher he never got to give HR to SC. (I think I know what happened earlier- IS instead of choosing the necklace got a gift voucher which HR felt was not enough effort) 

A client has coffee with IS, wants him to do a shoot somewhere...he agreed thinking it won't clash with HR's schedule

SC accidentally spills some water on HJ....to compensate for spoiling her dress, he gives her the gift voucher by IS....Some scene of HJ and ED in the lift...hahaahha, HJ feeling thankful gives the voucher to ED for helping her when she was drunk...then ED overhears how stress his boss was gives the voucher to him - actually it was a gift voucher for a short holiday ...the voucher went round and finally was passed back to HR. HR did not know this was the voucher that IS had wanted to give her. 

JY comes to look for HR in his new car. They go for a drive and chat

As HR senses something not right with JY , as he seems down, she asked to take the voucher so he can go relaxed...don't know if he took it...but anyway HR gets a text from IS. She tells JY to let her off at one corner of the road...JY knows it was to meet IS . 

HR meets IS at a park....then she brings up about this gift voucher for a pensione that she received...ahahaha IS laughed and realised they were meant to go together after all., they decided to go together..(sorry about earlier recaps that HR was angry over it...she was annoyed with something else)

IS goes for his job assignment...

Then we have some scene of HR's relatives who open some cafe/ bakery ..HR's mum came by - ahahah did HR's mum boast about HR busy dating or something...but then another person who also knew HR said something that shocked mum. 

HR went ahead to the park where she was supposed to meet IS ( where the pensione was).

She texted JY - declined him over something he asked of her

IS getting delayed - some problems with his photo shoot...HR checked in to the place first...he called her to tell her of the delay and apologised. Said he'd try to be as quick as possible.

Scenes of JY alone in the cafe feeling sad...ISang still working....HR enjoying the villa...

IS sent some lovely photos of HR to her ...

JY called HR...asked her where she is? She says for IS at the pensione...he got worked up that she was alone..she says it does not matter, because it was IS that she wants to wait for. JY got all emotional . HR got annoyed and cut off his call. 

JY drove off to look for her ......

IS rushing to finish and quickly got into his car and drove off as well. 

JY arrives at the pensione first ...but actually no...IS had already arrived and went in met by a smiling HR...

JY sees IS's car there...and he looked through the window and saw a very happy IS and HR holding hands. He approached the door..was gonna knock ( come on JY..don't do this to yourself)...

-eps ends-

Preview

Does not look like JY goes in...thinks he will finally let go.

Seems mum is ill

IS proposing ...but maybe just HR's imagination :lol:

Dang, I haven't watched the last two episodes yet, but the writers really did Jae Young dirty. He's like the worstttt now. The first couple of times that he c*ck blocked Hari and IS were funny because it was petty, but making him repeatedly do that makes him seem like overly obsessive and stalker-ish. I watched that clip where Hari and JY were in the car together, and I got scared that he was going to kidnap her. :joy::joy:  At least, he's moving out of their house now. He was such a good character too initially. I feel like the writers overdid it to the point where people are actively rooting against him. I don't want him to be the villain LOL more like the dude who just didn't get chosen. He crosses the line too much now. I read the live naver comments while the episode is on, and the k-netizens generally have a bad attitude towards JY now too. Writers, please redeem his character :bawling::bawling: That being said, I still really like the actor. I feel like if JY was played by anyone else, he would have been disliked way earlier. 

Thank you @triplem Always giving us recap :D 

Sound like a sweet episode and glad IS manage to go in their trip. maybe we gonna see a miracle baby in the near future? I mean them alone something should happen ;)  

I am glad JY maybe starting to lett HR go and getting grip on his own life. I am rooting for him finding his own happiness with his DA :) 

2 minutes ago, ErikaJ said:

Dang, I haven't watched the last two episodes yet, but the writers really did Jae Young dirty. He's like the worstttt now. The first couple of times that he c*ck blocked Hari and IS were funny because it was petty, but making him repeatedly do that makes him seem like overly obsessive and stalker-ish. I watched that clip where Hari and JY were in the car together, and I got scared that he was going to kidnap her. :joy::joy:  At least, he's moving out of their house now. He was such a good character too initially. I feel like the writers overdid it to the point where people are actively rooting against him. I don't want him to be the villain LOL more like the dude who just didn't get chosen. He crosses the line too much now. I read the live naver comments while the episode is on, and the k-netizens generally have a bad attitude towards JY now too. Writers, please redeem his character :bawling::bawling: That being said, I still really like the actor. I feel like if JY was played by anyone else, he would have been disliked way earlier. 

I agree...I was annoyed too  at first but he was a character  that I liked at the start. And today, I felt sorry for him. He isn't a villain or anything like that just someone who did now know how to deal with these feelings he had . . He is protective of HR , and that is understandable and mix in jealousy , that's why it came out wrong. Next week , it seems he will go back to being a cool supportive friend. I think there's possibility he and his ex may co-parent their kid ( my prediction)

You're welcome @sal2

@alleram95 trouble you again to translate these

Preview

Archived