[Drama 2020] Lies of Lies/ Lie After Lie, 거짓말의 거짓말

larus

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/11/2020 at 7:38 AM, Jillia said:

Since Eun Soo found out that the nurse who was supposed to testify back then is now also working at D.O.Cosmetics... Kim Ho Ran, I don't know how you do it but those breadcrumbs become whole breads!

:lol: Yes, exactly.

What's really silly is that if Kim Ho-Ran just did nothing, and ran her cosmetics business or laundered money by buying creepy art or whatever, things will be fine. Once Eun-Soo found Woo-Joo, she was no longer interested in revenge, and just wanted to live an ordinary life with her daughter.

But with all of Kim Ho-Ran's shenanigans, she's just leaving behind giant bread chunks letting herself get caught. Haha.

So she should just leave poor Eun-Soo alone. (But then we wouldn't have this fun show to watch.) Sending Eun-Soo to jail for 10 years for a crime she didn't commit, murdering her father and her child - that wasn't enough? If she hates Eun-Soo so much, why doesn't she just kill her? She got Eun-Soo's dad killed, her daughter nearly killed, and Secretary Yoon killed. She even hired people in prison to harass and beat up Eun-Soo, so it's obvious she could have Eun-Soo killed if she wanted to. So why not just kill Eun-Soo instead of just everyone around her?

This is as big a mystery as why Eun-Soo wrote dozens of letters to KANG JI-MIN, her only hope, and does not remember his name when she meets him. Or how Ji-Min doesn't remember Eun-Soo's name.

Yes, I am thinking too much about this, and that is silly. Because this show is fun! I look forward to Fridays and I can't wait to see how it ends.

And it's not like this show is lacking dumb people. Se-Mi - you are being USED, so stop being an idiot. And even if you manipulated Ji-Min to take you back, that is not a real relationship and he will end up hating you more so what's the point?

Let's not even talk about Ji-Kyeong, who's like a cartoon.

Oh yeah, so this is apparently the PPL cosmetics company that's heavily featured:

http://en.kuos-kr.com/brand

I always wonder about these funky PPL situations. The lead villain is the CEO of this fictional company, and she's a monster who would actually murder an infant. Does this make me want to buy these products? :lol:

1 hour ago, chickfactor said:

This is as big a mystery as why Eun-Soo wrote dozens of letters to KANG JI-MIN, her only hope, and does not remember his name when she meets him. Or how Ji-Min doesn't remember Eun-Soo's name.

It was 10 years ago. I can't even remember names of all my classmates with whom I spent 10 years, so I do't think it's so impossible to forget name. 

16 hours ago, chickfactor said:

:lol: Yes, exactly.

What's really silly is that if Kim Ho-Ran just did nothing, and ran her cosmetics business or laundered money by buying creepy art or whatever, things will be fine. Once Eun-Soo found Woo-Joo, she was no longer interested in revenge, and just wanted to live an ordinary life with her daughter.

But with all of Kim Ho-Ran's shenanigans, she's just leaving behind giant bread chunks letting herself get caught. Haha.

So she should just leave poor Eun-Soo alone. (But then we wouldn't have this fun show to watch.) Sending Eun-Soo to jail for 10 years for a crime she didn't commit, murdering her father and her child - that wasn't enough? If she hates Eun-Soo so much, why doesn't she just kill her? She got Eun-Soo's dad killed, her daughter nearly killed, and Secretary Yoon killed. She even hired people in prison to harass and beat up Eun-Soo, so it's obvious she could have Eun-Soo killed if she wanted to. So why not just kill Eun-Soo instead of just everyone around her?

Yes, I am thinking too much about this, and that is silly. Because this show is fun! I look forward to Fridays and I can't wait to see how it ends.

And it's not like this show is lacking dumb people. Se-Mi - you are being USED, so stop being an idiot. And even if you manipulated Ji-Min to take you back, that is not a real relationship and he will end up hating you more so what's the point?

Let's not even talk about Ji-Kyeong, who's like a cartoon.

Oh yeah, so this is apparently the PPL cosmetics company that's heavily featured:

http://en.kuos-kr.com/brand

I always wonder about these funky PPL situations. The lead villain is the CEO of this fictional company, and she's a monster who would actually murder an infant. Does this make me want to buy these products? :lol:

I have one explanation for not remembering. People who get traumatized often don't remember big and little things. It's a way for the mind to cope. She may remember writing to someone, but she had so much pain at the time, she forgot who to.

As for Jimin, that was just another assignment.

2 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I have one explanation for not remembering. People who get traumatized often don't remember big and little things. It's a way for the mind to cope. She may remember writing to someone, but she had so much pain at the time, she forgot who to.

That actually sounds really plausible. That works for me, anyway. :D

Lee Yoo Ri’s Wedding Day Is Tainted By An Unexpected Letter In “Lie After Lie”

d7c890b002524ac781b073c337a1ed65.jpeg?s=

Oct 16, 2020
by E. Cha

Channel A’s hit drama “Lie After Lie” has unveiled an intriguing sneak peek of its upcoming episode!

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Lie After Lie,” Ji Eun Soo (played by Lee Yoo Ri) and Kang Ji Min (played by Yeon Jung Hoon) set out to make a fresh start together by tying the knot. However, things took a turn for the worse at their wedding when their daughter Kang Woo Joo (played by Go Na Hee) shocked everyone by bursting into tears and asking Ji Eun Soo if it was true that she was a murderer.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, Ji Eun Soo faces yet another unwanted surprise on what was supposed to be a happy day. While excitedly getting ready for her wedding, Ji Eun Soo unexpectedly receives an unnerving letter in her dressing room—and is visibly shaken by what she reads.

“Lie After Lie” also released an ominous photo of the intimidating Kim Ho Ran (played by Lee Il Hwa) glaring frostily at something, hinting at her role in the tragedy that lies ahead. With rage and vengeance in her heart, Kim Ho Ran is unable to stand by and watch as her former daughter-in-law starts to find happiness.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1431908wpp/lee-yoo-ris-wedding-day-is-tainted-by-an-unexpected-letter-in-lie-after-lie

OMO...Ottokèèèèèèèèèèè writernim!! I don't want to see another tragedy!! I WANT TO SEE MOTHER AND DAUGHTER TOGETHER LIVE A HAPPY LIFE!! WJ is sick, the wicked witch will make her move and ES will suffer again... I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT!!!:facepalm:

Since it hasn't been posted here yet, here's the preview with the translation below.

Episode 14 Preview

Translation (from VIU):
Woo Joo: No, No! I want to go home, Dad!
Ji Min: Stop it, Woo Joo!
Woo Joo: Grandma! Grandma, I want to go home.
Ji Min's mom: I know, Sweetie.
Eun Su: Don't be afraid. Mommy will protect you.
David: You won't listen even if I try to stop you, will you? I will stop anyone who gets in your way.
Ho Ran: Keep looking for it even if you have to search her house.
Doctor: We decided not to perform the surgery. But you should consider yourself lucky. Congratulations.
Ji Min: Are you saying you will help her to have surgery? You honestly think I will believe you?
Ho Ran: I want to save her too. She's the only blood I have left.
Eun Su: So you believe her?
Ji Min: It may be hard for you to see right now. But you will realize it eventually. This is the best way... to save Woo Joo and to protect you.
Ho Ran: I want Ji Eun Su gone. So let her go.
Eun Su: Sir, reopen the ethics committee, please.
Man: It's a done deal. Her father agreed to it.
Ji Min: I'm sorry. I had to do something. I have to save Woo Joo no matter what it takes.

Two more episodes and so many things happening.

Driver Park who used to work for ES' husband overhead her husband. Someone suggested that he was not her son and I think that's it. He is her stepson or even an adopted one. She had to give up her biological son and I am guessing he is driver Kim. Although he is more than a driver.

Maybe her husband forced her to give up her own son, so she got his son killed. How's that? Pinned it on ES. 
Now WJ is dying, she wants to donate her lungs? But if my scenario is true, she is not related. Furthermore, she's almost 60, no way any hospital will use her as a live donor.

3 hours ago, maribella said:

Two more episodes and so many things happening.

Driver Park who used to work for ES' husband overhead her husband. Someone suggested that he was not her son and I think that's it. He is her stepson or even an adopted one. She had to give up her biological son and I am guessing he is driver Kim. Although he is more than a driver.

During Eun Su’s fight with the chairwoman at her rooftop apartment, she grabbed some of the chairwoman’s hair and kept it. I assume she wants it for testing. I’m not sure what for since the episode isn’t fully subbed at Viki but this comes after she had the talk with the former driver. 

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

During Eun Su’s fight with the chairwoman at her rooftop apartment, she grabbed some of the chairwoman’s hair and kept it. I assume she wants it for testing. I’m not sure what for since the episode isn’t fully subbed at Viki but this comes after she had the talk with the former driver. 

The driver of her late husband overheard the husband saying (sarcastically, I think) that HR was playing being a mum. So if the hair could prove that HR-WJ are related, then he  was the son, he would be referring to someone else. But I am inclined to believe that ES' husband was not her son.

@lolly84 The preview shows the head surgeon would not operate and HR steps in. She's a senior citizen, can she donate? I don't think so.

Looks like KHR had her son killed as she suspected that he had found out she wasnt his biological mother.

The other DNA test done by Yoon was a maternal test which proved she isnt the mother.

ES will do DNA test using KHR's hair with WJ's to prove that KHR has a motive for the murder.

Glad SM came to her senses and her make up was toned down.

1 hour ago, maribella said:

The driver of her late husband overheard the husband saying (sarcastically, I think) that HR was playing being a mum. So if the hair could prove that HR-WJ are related, then he  was the son, he would be referring to someone else. But I am inclined to believe that ES' husband was not her son.

@lolly84 The preview shows the head surgeon would not operate and HR steps in. She's a senior citizen, can she donate? I don't think so.

I hope HR will not be considered able to donate... Her target is to kill WJ in operation room and i hope JM will find out this scheme...:facepalm:

The new turn of events is something I am not really liking in this episode. Make Woo Joo sick fine, but terminally ill is something I am not really liking. With the whole donation drama going on, Woo Joo getting an idea about Eun Soo being her real mom was a fine thing, it was better she get to know about it like that than others think about telling her or not. But seeing the preview we'll be seeing Kim Ho Ran extended influence even on the hospital, who deny doing that surgery. The plot is going a way, where we could actually see nothing working and Woo Joo only having 1 year to live, yes, it is less likely to happen, but it can happen. 

Anyway the positives were Se Mi GETIING SLAPPED. I just wanted Ji Min's mom hit her one more time. Yes frankly speaking, it was not entirely Se Mi's fault here, she had sort of accepted the fact that she cannot do anything, and didn't want to get more involved because she had realized that both Woo Joo and Ji Min have sort of accepted Eun Soo, but well, she being a mere pawn in Kim Ho Ran plan got played again, and ended up revealing something which was not supposed to be revealed to Woo Joo. 

Kim Ho Ran is the killer. I have been getting the vibes from the start. If he really had been her son, and the way she shows how much she loves him, she would actually not try to kill his daughter. I had said this before too, if this woman can kill a baby, she can do anything. Like anything. Even the infamous Baek Hee Song of Flower of Evil was very proud that he does not harm kids, so it is something even psychopaths usually don't go for. But well, Kim Ho Ran is a different breed of psychopaths here or maybe worse than them. She has been playing the victim card for more than 10 years, blaming Eun Soo for a murder she never did, and let's be real here, I am sure Kim Ho Ran would get the info about from police about Eun Soo being less likely to be the murderer. Kim Ho Ran, if had not ordered the murder, would actually look for real culprit and not make Eun Soo the culprit.

Now it is even revealed that her son was actually not her son, I am sure we'll get info about how exactly he is not her son. Was he son of mistress, was he adopted? I am also getting a bit doubtful of her Secretary being her son, because the way her son was behaving in front of him, trying to show who is the boss and beating him up in front of her, I think he doubts about secretary being her real son.

So let us see how the whole donation plot will unfold. I don't think Kim Ho Ran promised Ji Min to be a donor, rather she must have promised him that she'll make sure Woo Joo is in the priority list and get the lungs donation much more earlier. We'll have to see whether Ji Min will fall for her trap, or will he play for her for a while, before proving otherwise. Eun Soo is tested positive for donation, so the easiest way is she donating part of her lungs. 

David has been actually helpful lately. He is pulls some strings for Eun Soo to get tested, trying to make contacts in order to attack Kim Ho Ran from a place maybe she is not expected to be attacked. We expect to see Se Mi joining him in this. We heard him talking to a VIP in golf course about a rumor on Kim Ho Ran which became viral about a year ago, I am very curious to know what kind of rumor it is. What I know is, Kim Ho Ran will not really be able to get away, being attacked from all sides. 

I think we all agree that Kim Hwang Gi's painting which Kim Ho Ran is so fond of (because well she is Kim Hwang Gi herself - my theory, nothing revealed on this) are very shady and creepy in themselves. All those paintings are so gloomy. I think even her employees think the same, but to remain on her good side continue to praise those paintings.

Now that Se Mi got hit, yes only once, I wanted more, but can we see someone smacking Kim Ho Ran really hard, would not really mind it being Ji Min's mom too.

@Sleepy Owl, I’m also not really liking this turn of events that Woo Joo is terminally ill and put at the mercy of that psychopath. I have to believe it serves a purpose though. The episode is still not fully subbed for me so I can only guess what’s happening in the preview but it’s clear that KMR gave JM an ultimatum to get rid of Eun Su and she will help WJ. 

I also got the creepy feeling that her assistant who does all her dirty work is her son. What better loyal dog to have anyway. 

The whistling person. That person seem to be obsessed with that tune. They even have it as a ringtone. I guess some time soon Eun Su will hear that tune again and that will be the revelation. Hopefully it’s in a situation where she has the upper hand. 

I have a feeling that rumor that the lady at the golf course hinted to David must be something scandalous. That lady obviously found it amusing that the two-faced KMR has such a clean image to the public. 

@Sleepy Owl @celebrianna ~ even I didn't like this new plot turn of making woo joo terminally ill. all of a bit of a yawn. instead of thinking the secretary as her son, my mind was whirling on whether he is her lover and whether he is the infamous painter. if he was truly her son, why is he still working under her as her minion? why hasn't he taken over the company as a kind of pseudo successor? perhaps, the viral rumour was that she was having an affair with her much younger secretary?

Yeon Jung Hoon Walks Away From Lee Yoo Ri In “Lie After Lie”

b3ef84d6c81a419b8193bdaa8666ca7e.jpeg?s=

Oct 17, 2020
by E. Cha

Brace yourselves—Channel A’s “Lie After Lie” has hinted that there is turbulence ahead in Lee Yoo Ri and Yeon Jung Hoon’s relationship.

Spoilers

Previously on “Lie After Lie,” Ji Eun Soo (played by Lee Yoo Ri) and Kang Ji Min (played by Yeon Jung Hoon) confessed their feelings for each other and attempted to make a fresh start as a married couple. However, things took an ominous turn on the day of their wedding, when their daughter Kang Woo Joo (played by Go Na Hee) collapsed in shock after learning about Ji Eun Soo’s past.

In heartbreaking new stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Kang Ji Min turns his back on Ji Eun Soo in an emotional moment. With a sorrowful but determined look in his eye, Kang Ji Min delivers some upsetting news to a shocked Ji Eun Soo, then walks away—leaving her frozen in place as she processes what she has just heard.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1432099wpp/yeon-jung-hoon-walks-away-from-lee-yoo-ri-in-lie-after-lie

“Lie After Lie” Continues Winning Streak With No. 1 Ratings

Oct 17, 2020
by E. Cha

Channel A’s “Lie After Lie” is still going strong!

On October 16, the record-breaking drama starring Lee Yoo Ri and Yeon Jung Hoon successfully defended its position at the top of its time slot. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Lie After Lie” scored an average nationwide rating of 5.6 percent, taking first place in its time slot across all cable channels.

@Lmangla, you could be right. I just thought that an affair with her young secretary though scandalous is probably “run of the mill” for those rich older women. :sweatingbullets: However, seeing the false image that KMR pushes in public, it would indeed be good fodder for those who know that other side of her to gossip about her.

Speaking of affair, I still can’t get over how Se Mi thinks JM would simply take her back with a sorry and “it was a mistake”. It’s not like he saw her outdoors dating with someone. He came home and heard and saw another man in his bed. The mental image alone must have been awful for a long time. Hopefully she will disappear from their lives now. KMR doesn’t need her anymore. 

Archived