[Drama 2020] Lies of Lies/ Lie After Lie, 거짓말의 거짓말

larus

Kwon Ha Woon Brews With Jealousy As Lee Yoo Ri And Yeon Jung Hoon Get Closer In “Lie After Lie”

c92f25c029fd4a069403f367191ee85f.jpeg?s=

Sep 26, 2020
by L. Kim

Channel A shared a glimpse of the love triangle between Lee Yo Ri, Kwon Ha Yoon, and Yeon Jung Hoon in “Lie After Lie”!

The new suspense-romance drama stars Lee Yoo Ri as Ji Eun Soo, a woman who puts her life on the line with a dangerous lie in order to be reunited with her biological daughter. After marrying into a chaebol family, Ji Eun Soo finds herself branded a husband-killer in the blink of an eye – and during her imprisonment for her husband’s murder, she loses custody of her daughter.

Spoiler

Previously on “Lie After Lie,” Ji Eun Soo and Kang Ji Min (Yeon Jung Hoon) grew closer as they spent more time together. He started to open up his heart to her, and he even told her about how his ex-wife had cheated on him. Furthermore, Ji Eun Soo’s old friend Kim Yeon Joon (played by Kwon Ha Woon), who has been in love with her for a long time, reappeared in her life, and he isn’t about to give up on her anytime soon.

On September 26, the drama unveiled new stills of the upcoming episode. Kang Ji Min installs a beam projector next to Ji Eun Soo’s rooftop home, and they get cozy and comfortable to watch a movie together. Kim Yeon Joon witnesses their happy moment with an unhappy frown, and viewers are increasingly becoming curious about how he will act as a catalyst in their relationship.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1427794wpp/kwon-ha-woon-brews-with-jealousy-as-lee-yoo-ri-and-yeon-jung-hoon-get-closer-in-lie-after-lie

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, so now it seems like Se Mi knows that Ji Min knew she was cheating on him. She says to him that she went to break up with that man, and thus that mistake happened. Now I don't know whether it was a slip of tongue by her, or she knows about it. I think it is the later. And if it is, then for me Se Mi is really shameless and delusional. She knows that Ji Min knew she cheated on him, and thinks he divorced her because of Woo Joo. It could be slip of tongue, but we don't see Se Mi realizing it, so I don't think it happened. And she thinking he cannot go out with another woman just because he loves her is firstly her delusion. He does not love a bit, I think. And well I mean she cheated on him while he was married with her, he has all the rights to go out with anyone when he has already divorced her. 

Well now coming back to story, Eun Soo's trauma seems to be much more severe than I had imagined. She literally was hallucinating, and it was sad to see her struggle alone and stab her ex-husband in dream while experiencing it all again. Good thing that her friend came to visit her, and what a friend she is still remembering the date when Eun Soo was separated from her daughter. 

We are getting some really development in Eun Soo and Ji Min's relationship. I think she is actually for him, and is he. The Golfer dude, I think he needs to chill a little. You cannot suddenly meet your crush, and try to mess with her male friends or even bf. And he literally heard what he is for Eun Soo, so I really want to see him act as an adult and be by Eun Soo's side no matter what, but also respect her decisions. He must have already known what Ji Min is to her given the fact that he heard them talk. 

Best part of the episode was seeing Eun Soo enjoying and being happy for once since we saw her. Skating with Ji Min, teaching how to do it and forgetting all her problems, just enjoying that moment, and I really think she needed something like that. Good to see both Eun Soo and Ji Min both opening up to each other about their past relationships, especially Eun Soo. As I said, her PTSD is really severe. 

Also loved Ji Min's dad's advice to him, asking him to enjoy his life as Ji Min too and not only as Woo Joo's Appa. I think his this advice gave him the push to go further with Eun Soo, and think a little bit about himself too. I am interested in seeing them going out, but well, since Eun Soo is the one lying her, and well Ji Min already had an experienced of being cheated on, I really see him getting hurt on learning the truth. 

Chairwoman was quick enough to know about Woo Joo. And well as I had predicted she'll initially use Se Mi to come in between Eun Soo and Ji Min and also not let her meet her daughter. If that plan does not work, I see her claiming Woo Joo to be her grand daighter and taking her away from everyone. We see Se Mi telling Eun Soo to be away from her daughter, dear madam, she is Eun Soo's daughter, so why don't you just give up, live your life and not cause unneeded havoc. 

Quick translations preview ep 9 (may contain some mistakes)

JM: Actually Woo Joo is my adoptive daughter
HR: What I worry about is when that man knew about why Ji Eun Soo is approaching him 
SM: I never imagined that you are Woo Joo's birth mother
JM: Don't you dare to touch that woman
SM: That woman is just using you! She lied to you when she's saying that she loves you!
JM: Is that child your daughter, Eun Soo-ssi?
JM: The child in this photo is Woo Joo
JM: You didn't know about this, did you?
JM: If you say that you didn't know, I'll believe you
HR: What are you going to do? Now that your plan has been found out
Sunbae: Why are you acting like that? She's actually your savior
JM: Why did you sponsor me? I heard that you were the one who helped with my relocation 10 years ago
HR: I found it weird that Eun Soo's daughter is adopted by that reporter
Yoon: I have something that I want to report about Chairwoman Kim Ho Ran. I believe if it's you, then you can reveal the truth
JM: What is the relationship between the two of them?
ES: Just wait. I will get back my position as the mother of my daughter that you had stolen away

finally got around to watching ep 7 and omo, david is such a weirdo!!!!!!! if eun soo had married a nice guy, she would still be married with a family. did he just assume that he would walk into her life and do what exactly? he seems to have some white knight complex where he believes he is going to rescue her and yet, he does not even know her at all. at best, he is an old acquaintance. he comes across as creepy as her ex-hubby! ji min is right -- david has zero clue how to protect her. he is in some sense like a stalker? and semi is as weird as him -- does she think she can just barge into her ex's life and slide back in as if nothing happened. both of them are bizarre.

:idk:

Omg jimin heartbreak moment is so painful in ghe preview. I can feel the sense of betrayal he got just when he try to open his feeling again that has been close for 3 years. 

Need to watch today episode later when the sub is up to see what happen in episode 8 but just looking at ep 9 preview already make me hype to watch ep 8. 

Now half way in the plan is already found out what will Eun su lies next? 

Just finished Ep 7 and am glad to see ES fight off HR. Yikes, that woman is insane. At the very least she should have wanted her son’s child. What a psycho.

im glad to hear next week Jimin and ES are likely to team up against HR to protect WJ. Best thing for them so they can get married happily.

Also, in 7, it’s funny how WJ said she found her aunt embarrassing, because I feel secondhand embarrassment from the way that actress speaks and acts. I think she was in some other drama and she was over the top there too, Urgh.

“Lie After Lie” Continues To Make Channel A History As It Soars To New All-Time Ratings High

65785d95d5ee4b5d988e407a6f4a8345.jpeg?s=

Sep 27, 2020
by E. Cha

Lie After Lie” has broken its own record for the highest drama viewership ratings in Channel A history!

On September 25, the suspense-romance drama starring Lee Yoo Ri and Yeon Jung Hoon soared to new heights with its highest viewership to date. According to Nielsen Korea, the eighth episode of “Lie After Lie” scored an average rating of 4.5 percent nationwide and 5.1 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area.

Not only do the ratings mark a new all-time high for “Lie After Lie,” but they also managed to break the hit drama’s own record for the highest ratings ever achieved by any Channel A drama to date.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1427926wpp/lie-after-lie-continues-to-make-channel-a-history-as-it-soars-to-new-all-time-ratings-high

16 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Omg jimin heartbreak moment is so painful in ghe preview. I can feel the sense of betrayal he got just when he try to open his feeling again that has been close for 3 years. 

yea, poor fella, it took him so much courage to take that first step, to let himself feel those feelings and be okay with them. so it is going to be interesting to see how he reacts to finding out eun soo is woo joo's mother. what was interesting about her confession is that she is so overcome with emotion that she starts crying. in that moment, it doesn't look like she was faking it -- she was genuinely feeling a bit unworthy to be with him, but greedy and wanting to grab this chance and scared as well. on some level, she really does like him. liked how the hug here is a huge significant step in their relationship. they were even holding hands at the roller skate and making wine scenes.

semi needs to get knocked on her head and it was good to see her get it -- did she really think that ji min did not out the affair because he hoped to get back to her eventually. eye roll! please woman, he could have been embarrassed and hurt to tell the whole world about you. what a moron. people don't necessarily enjoy telling the whole world they got cheated on. <_< loved how ji min and eun soo pushed back semi back in her place. ji min was honest, raw and just frankly tired. loved his exasperated eye rolls and tired sighs of her describing her selfish whiplash behaviour as 'love' and told her to shove it. good for him! eun soo gave a good verbal slap when she simply asked "so where have you been all this time? why are you not there for woo joo when she needs you?" -- good questions!

at least, we didn't have to see too much of david! ugh. so now that chairwoman knows and secretary yoon is worried, what exactly will happen? does anyone else wonder if secretary yoon is in danger? chairwoman seems ticked off that secretary yoon doesn't understand or accept her rage -- as she basically notes, his mouth says okay to her nonsense that as a mother, she had to have revenge against a little baby whereas, his eyes tells her "lady you are nuts".  can't wait for next week.

21 hours ago, Jillia said:

younger, not sure if this would work. But I got confused when Chairwoman Kim told Yoon, he  and Eun Soo are ill-fated. He killed her father (??) - I mean he pushed him but it's not like he knew the car would run over him. And then of course, killing Eun Soo's baby which he did not. I could see him killing the ex-husband though. It would explain he is interested in the truth not coming out back then. But now he is doing everything he can to protect Eun Soo and Woo Joo but we find out in the end that Chairwoman Kim is one step ahead, meeting Se Mi and seeing the same blanket on the photo with Woo Joo.

It was her way of controlling him and telling him that is how others will view it, including ES, if he tries anything against her. 

I like ES' character who gives back blow by blow to the evil Chairwoman and the shameless ex-wife.

How does one cheat on a loved one, then 3-4 years later, she comes back to pick up where they left off? This writer is pushing the limit of common sense. Se Mi does not seem the flakey type. I hope she/he won't try too many of this type, it would really weaken the plot.

I predict Yoon will die. He only lives for his son and he wants to redeem himself with ES and WJ. Then he will try to expose the Chairwoman and the driver then kills him.

@Lmangla definitely, Yoon is in danger, he's dealing with a psychopath, who feels no remorse even after 10 years. 'She held the baby in her arms', so what you evil crazy woman?  your son was a crazy abuser. 

This is a 100 episode show? If WJ's identity is found in episode 8, what are we going to have for the next 90+? 

The more I see this drama, more I feel Se Mi is extremely delusional and shameless. Maybe more delusional than Danashiri is Empress Ki (reference for the Empress Ki re-watch Chingus :kiss_wink:). 

Anyway, overall another good episode. I am actually loving the pace of this drama. I had mentioned that it would be good if Ji Min would know the truth in the next 2-3 episodes last week. And he'll come to know about it in the next, and even though for him it will be emotionally tough having finally opened up and tried to move on from the past, but from the preview it looks like he'll try to understand Eun Soo too. From what I see, I really think that Eun Soo has fallen for him, and is not just faking it. I think she consistently telling him being a warm person could be initially for seducing him, but now she actually means it. Maybe she is not herself aware of it. Also looks like she is actually feeling bad too doing it to Ji Min, her confession at his home, while crying and saying that she thought she could be lucky even if she does not deserve it, felt like a genuine thing, and she actually meant it. She knows what she is doing is wrong, but still at least one part of her also wants to be with Ji Min and not just with Woo Joo. But with both of them. 

@Lmangla secretary Yoon is definitely in trouble, could be found dead too in the coming episodes. The moment he contacted Ji Min with report on chairwoman in the preview for next episode, I already counted him as dead. Those docs will somehow reach Ji Min, but Secretary Yoon is not at all safe right now. 

Good thing is, atleast David heard Eun Soo telling Ji Min she likes him. We saw him try to convince her not to go after a person who is not so sure about being with her, but certain things at least became clear for him. 

Coming back to Se Mi, I don't really understand how openly can she talk about her affair and also her desire to get back with Ji Min. Like seriously? And she does not seem to be sorry about it. The one mistake which she keeps repeating is putting Woo Joo in danger and not her affair. No madam that could be one mistake you did to Woo Joo, but what about the affair? I mean she left him emotionally scarred, so much that he could not even think about dating anyone, and now she wants to come back with him just because he did not date anyone and thinks it was because he loved her, or didn't tell his parents about it, because he loves her? No one likes to talk about being cheated. There are limits to being delusional, but sky seems to be the limit for her delusions. 

And well, Kim Ho Ran seems to be really good in manipulating others. I don't know laws in Korea, but can she really claim custody for Woo Joo legally, if her plans fail? This woman is sick and as I had before too, I wouldn't be surprised, if it is revealed that she had got her son killed. 

Really at the end, the footsteps sounded like the one of a woman walking... It really looks like she killed her son. She knew the address, since she gave it to secretary Yoon. Maybe she did it in a fit of anger and blamed JES for it. If she had not ran away, if she had behaved like a good wife, if she ... hence she is desperate to justify her wrongdoing by accusing the daughter-in-law.

@Jillia @Sleepy Owl ~ semi and chairwoman are a pair no? maybe thats why chairwoman feels so comfortable with her because they are both selfish and obsessed about their own needs to the point they don't make any sense. semi is all about her pain, her loneliness. so she figures ji min has to come back to her to fix it. since he is not going to come back voluntarily, she is using the mom/child card to try get there except ji min is not buying her sob story. she did a number on him and won't be surprised to learn that she probably blamed him for her affair -- "I was unhappy because of you" blah blah... similarly chairwoman is all about her pain and her grief. it is bizarre that she plays the mom card in justifying wanting to kill woo joo as a baby. ummm, what? so yea, both semi and chairwoman are just psychos who don't play by normal logic. so lets not expect any sense and rationale behaviour from them! shrug!

18 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Really at the end, the footsteps sounded like the one of a woman walking... It really looks like she killed her son. She knew the address, since she gave it to secretary Yoon. Maybe she did it in a fit of anger and blamed JES for it. If she had not ran away, if she had behaved like a good wife, if she ... hence she is desperate to justify her wrongdoing by accusing the daughter-in-law.

I don't think Kim Ho Ran personally killed her son, since she had already sent Secretary Yoon too. Plus the way her son was stabbed, his ribs were broken because of it, and it is not really possible for a woman to do it. But, it is someone who her son knew, because we don't see any type of struggle shown by him, he was overpowered and killed by stabs which could actually injure the hand. So I do still count it as a possibility for her to have ordered her son to be murdered, but don't think she did it personally. 

@Lmangla, @Jillia I agree with all your points. Both of them are beyond saving. As I said before too, Se Mi does not look to be sorry about having an affair and cheating on Ji Min. The only mistake she is actually accepting is leaving Woo Joo and putting her life in danger. Which I already was mad after knowing. I could have tried to understand her, if she didn't know that Ji Min about her affair, it was wrong, but still in those circumstances her arguments could still be valid. But now she is claiming Ji Min loved her and thus didn't say about her affair to his parents, I mean it is not something to be proud of, and she does not really bother about Ji Min consistently bringing up her affair not thinking it could actually hurt him. Her delusions know no bounds. I wonder how low will she sink in, I wouldn't be surprised if she would try to tell Ji Min's parents or Woo Joo about Eun Soo being an ex-convict. Plus I don't even think she is actually sorry about leaving Woo Joo alone that day too. And yes, as one of you mentioned we might see her blaming Ji Min for her affair too. 

As for Kim Ho Ran, it is true that she saw herself in Se Mi, initially sympathized with her, but now she'll be using her in order to get back to Eun Soo. Plus she feels no remorse for doing anything. She literally killed an infant and went to put up an exhibition for supporting single moms. So as I said above too, she could have actually got her son killed and not bat an eye. Above it blame it on Eun Soo that she made her son like that, because of which he had to killed and thus it was Eun Soo who actually killed her son, and not she. What I see is, she'll definitely go after Ji Min's career as reporter too, she was influential enough to get him special promotion, she can get him fired or transferred to a useless department too. 

But both Kim Ho Ran and Se Mi are similar in not actually accepting their mistakes and being apologetic for it. They also don't really think about others, are very much selfish. 

Yeon-Joon is acting weird. I like that there is one more person who might be on Eun-Soo's side - she needs all the friends she can get. But he knows nothing about her life and he acts like he owns her, and that isn't cool. She doesn't need another controlling person in her life, she's had enough of that.

That's not cute, Yeon-Joon! Just be her friend, please. Also, we have enough psychos on this show, we don't need one more.

Archived