[Drama 2020] Lies of Lies/ Lie After Lie, 거짓말의 거짓말

larus

@Lmangla, you could be right about things that he is Kim Hwang Gi and also her lover. I thought about the son theory, because the way Kim Ho Ran's son acted in front of him, made me think like that. But well, that could also be because he knew he was Kim Ho Ran's lover. Anyway, we'll have to see which one is right, but yours one is more possible. 

But if he were to be her son, maybe Kim Ho Ran has promised to leave things to him, when she steps down. But well I am more inclined towards him being a possible lover more. As for paintings too he could be the painter, but right now I am more inclined towards Kim Ho Ran being the one. She has dubbed Kim Hwang Gi's paintings as a single mom's paintings as far as I remember, so chances are she is calling herself that. But I am sure the writer will reveal both things, so far the writer has done a good job in revealing things at the right time. 

@celebrianna Se Mi is delusional as hell. She thinks it as a mistake, because she argued that she was going through a lot emotionally and ended up in an affair. She does not see it from Ji Min's POV. What Ji Min saw was not something which would make him doubtful of her, he saw it happen. I don't really know whether Se Mi knows about it or not. Seeing the type of Ji Min is, he must have confronted her later, and then given her a chance to end things properly, and he must have done it for Woo Joo. But then the fire accident happened, and Ji Min was told by neighbors Se Mi entered in some man's car. That is when he decided to divorce her, because Se Mi didn't care for Woo Joo too. I think, since Ji Min had forgave her once for the affair, she thinks they divorced because of that fire accident, which she dubs as "One Mistake". 

But well, she could call her affair a mistake too, and expect Ji Min to forgive her. Someone had commented before that they would not really be surprised if Se Mi would blame Ji Min for her affairs, this is the level Se Mi is delusional. But well, seeing the way story unfolded, I just see Ji Min meeting Se Mi one last time, to make things completely clear for her. Also from side, I don't really think she'll approach them for the time being. That slap was something I was waiting for a long time, in order to stop her madness.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some of my thoughts:

1. I am glad the wedding didn't take place. I'd rather see the FL marry after she has cleared her name, with her head held high in the presence of all.

2. Do we really need to complicate the story unnecessarily with a terminally ill child? Why is everything so complicated in K-drama land?

3. I think that guy, secretary is the Chairwoman's son. Not lover. The way the dead son was baiting him in front of her. 

@Lmangla @Sleepy OwlIt turns out the rumor is about the paintings. JM and David worked together to expose her on the news. Of course this bitter woman tried to come back with a vengeance but then the episode ends with Eun Soo further exposing her in front of the hospital committee with DNA results. I guess she really isn’t Woo Joo’s grandmother. I assume that’s what the results said because she was speechless and flipping mad even squeezing the document with a fury. :w00t:

They really need to have this surgery but I suppose they can’t do it now when Eun Soo and Ji Min are working to expose KMR and clear Eun Soo’s name.

@lolly84, It was so enjoyable to watch Ji Min, David and Eun Soo begin the exposing of this woman. She was smiling so victoriously when her loyal dog called her and told her that Ji Min broke up with Eun Soo. Unbeknownst to her, however, Ji Min and Eun Soo were playing a role for her loyal dog to see. I hope I get subs soon because I want to enjoy this. It’s been a long time coming.

Preview ep 15

Translations (not 100% correct)

Secretary: What are you doing?
Man: I bring the search and seizure warrant
HR: You have made a great mistake by doing this
Prosecutor: We will know the truth after the investigation
HR: Ji Eun Soo. What you wish won't happen. Let's talk again after that child surgery
MJ: What if something bad happen to you during the surgery? 
ES: I made promise with Ji Min-ssi. I will save Woo Joo and will stay alive. I have to stay alive no matter what
Secretary: I have something to tell you about what happened 10 years ago
JM: Detective Kwon
Kwon: Look at this. It's this person, right? I want you to check it yourself
ES: Isn't it strange? Why didn't you ever suspect anyone else but me who killed your son? 
HR: Shut up. If you were not guilty then are you saying I lied?
ES: Didn't you wish that I were the culprit?
JM: What's wrong? 
ES: What is with this watch? This watch was worn by him that day
JM: Is this it? 
ES: The promise that I made with Woo Joo that I will become a warm-hearted mother, I'll make sure to keep it
ES: It's only the beginning, Chairwoman Kim

5 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

Here are some of my thoughts:

1. I am glad the wedding didn't take place. I'd rather see the FL marry after she has cleared her name, with her head held high in the presence of all.

2. Do we really need to complicate the story unnecessarily with a terminally ill child? Why is everything so complicated in K-drama land?

3. I think that guy, secretary is the Chairwoman's son. Not lover. The way the dead son was baiting him in front of her. 

I have to agree with all of this. But regarding no. 2, saving the child with a literal bit of her body is how JES is going to claim her place as her mother again. It’s very kdrama.

I am surprised at how that other young man is such a robot and how he is never tired and and always wears a suit and doesn’t need an assistant  to go through hundreds of names and addresses matched to partial license plates while also shadowing Kim Ho Ran as her personal bodyguard, AND being super-amazing at company work. 

maybe he IS actually a robot and my thought dump is correct.

So HR is really into fake paintings. Money laundering is rather stupid for her to do it but that's Kdrama. 
SJ golfer's name? Well his presence and her baker friend's role seem to serve a purpose now. I just wish there's something stronger than early puppy love on his part to be doing all those things that he has done for ES. It seems to be terribly one sided. Her little food brown bag seems so inadequate. Maybe there is still more to come? She had saved his life?

Instead of driver Kim who was HR's lover, maybe her son, ES's ex was her lover? That would nicely round up that psychopathic woman's sick mind. The way she surrounds herself with his portraits is more of a loverlike obsession than maternal love.

so am still not crazy over this transplant storyline but there were parts of it I liked. rather than having this great motherhood kind of aha moment, it is really about eun soo feeling like she surviving the last 10 years had a meaning. all these bad things happened but because she endured, she is now able to help her daughter. so she is not only helping her daughter but she is also emotionally healing herself. she is now in a position to help her daughter in a way she knows how.

david and min ji came through for her in their own way despite the risks and it was based on the strength of the relationships rather than her having to beg them. david risks both his financial as well physical safety and reputation to get some good info. he is smart in how he goes about it. min ji also stands up for eun soo and risks her past coming out.

both ji min and eun soo were smart in how they handled chairwoman. ji min is not a fool and knows this woman is a vicious snake that cannot be trusted. even in a situation like this, she wants to not only destroy eun soo but also create some public PR for herself. ugh. it was nice to see her outplayed. while the woman has lot of power and acts well, not everyone is going to play by her rules or games. the head of the ethics committee did not take her orders and the TV station went ahead to air her financial laundering. so finally we are getting some satisfaction..

8 hours ago, maribella said:

nstead of driver Kim who was HR's lover, maybe her son, ES's ex was her lover? That would nicely round up that psychopathic woman's sick mind. The way she surrounds herself with his portraits is more of a loverlike obsession than maternal love.

so true; her obsession to get rid of eun soo is really extreme. hope we get some sort of explanation on why she was so obsessed with getting rid of eun soo and woo joo. was it just because of the inheritance?

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

the head of the ethics committee did not take her orders and the TV station went ahead to air her financial laundering. so finally we are getting some satisfaction..

Yes, I know this is K-drama, but it was pretty horrifying when it looked like a hospital director was doing Kim Ho Ran's bidding. Good thing he wasn't.

Making WJ need a transplant allows the writer  to show how psychotic and vicious HR is. It also brings ES into JM's family which would be difficult without an act of sacrifice. SM, YJ and MJ all rose to the occasion in some way and in Ep.15, driver Kim may even turn his back on HR - in the preview. It is tying up the show.
It's a rather clever twist, of course, I am sure I'm in a small minority.:glasses:

Who knows YJ and SM may be taking the same flight to the US? 

I still think there is something unsavoury between HR and WJ's father. 

16 hours ago, Susu said:

So he was not her son. And she was his step-mom? It looks like she killed him for the inheritance. Who is the her driver? her real son? Episode 14 was so satisfying to watch. 

Urgh, Viki subbers haven’t even touched the episode! Looks like I’ll be fighting popups on my iPad.

13 hours ago, maribella said:

Ep.15, driver Kim may even turn his back on HR - in the preview. It is tying up the show.
It's a rather clever twist, of course, I am sure I'm in a small minority.:glasses:

Nope, I suspect he is faking.  He has been too happy to punch ES before.

I am quite late with my thoughts on the 14th episode. Well, overall a good episode. 

It was good to see how well Eun Soo and Ji Min worked together to fool the young secretary and also Kim Ho Ran. Although Kim Ho Ran had promised Ji Min she'll make sure Woo Joo get the surgery in Japan by the best surgeons and also with 2 donors available, we all know that no matter how much desperate Ji Min could be, he knew she was lying. She could have actually set up the operation, but let's be honest here, do we really think Kim Ho Ran wanted Woo Joo alive? I don't really think so. Anyway, as I said, it was very good to see Ji Min knowing what is going on even during those desperate times. 

David went full undercover reporter mode and uncovered a truth, which many reporters failed to. Even Ji Min had faced a lot of problems digging around Kim Hyang Gi, it was mentioned somewhere in past episodes. Anyway, kudos to David, pulling off something which no one could. 

Kim Ho Ran being Kim Ho Ran, even didn't want her sending Woo Joo, who she claims to be her grand daughter, go unnoticed. I mean how much will this woman put up a show for small things. But well, this time it backfired. 

Now what I really am having a hard time in joining dots on is why kill her son? Is it really all about inheritance? Did he come to know that he was going to inherit everything when his dad died and she took over? Or is it something else? Maybe he blackmailed her about telling the public that she is not his mom. You see this woman is not normal, and cares a lot about her image in the eyes of public. Anyway, there should be some actual reason behind his murder. I mean by killing him, she would not gain anything, instead she would lose the possible heir for the company. Which made me wonder what if her son was also present there, and thus she decided to get rid of this one, and would promote him as the possible heir when the time is right, giving credit to his hard work for the company, which could be the young secretary. But I think it is too late for this revelation maybe, so chances are she killed him for some other reason. Hopefully we'll be seeing why she killed him.

Second thing I really can't understand is her obsession with Eun Soo. Fine, she killed her son, wanted a scapegoat for it, framed her for it. Eun Soo went in prison and spent the full sentence for it. Everyone forgot about that case, even that reporter who was too much into investigating that case. So why not leave her alone? Eun Soo would not even come back to her if she had left her alone. Even after all that "I killed your daughter" show she put up, thinking she really killed her daughter, why did she once again go after Eun Soo? This obsession is something I cannot really understand. If Kim Ho Ran indeed got her son killed, I don't understand after 10 years when everyone has forgotten about it, why she continues to play victim and cause trouble for Eun Soo in any way possible, even when she was doing absolutely nothing against her. I really hope we'll get some answers for this too. 

Since it is proved that Woo Joo is not her grand-daughter, I wonder if they'll make it public that her son was not really her son. I am sure it will come into light. Secretary Yoon has hidden those DNA results somewhere, where the possible code is 4096 which no one is able to crack what they really mean.

Anyway, even though I didn't like the overall "Woo Joo terminally ill and about to die" drama, but liked how they brought down Kim Ho Ran in this. Hopefully, they'll give us some good ending with both Woo Joo and Eun Soo surviving and not just saying Woo Joo still has got limited time to live making it bitter-sweet which would more inclined towards bitter part.

9 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Nope, I suspect he is faking.  He has been too happy to punch ES before.

You think it's HR's trick? But Kim had asked what she was going to do with the 'girl' - not grand daughter. Another time he had asked if she was really going to save her. I thought there was a tinge of guilt. But never mind, even if he remained the faithful sidekick, we will get a happy ending.

51 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I remember that Secretary Yoon had hid a brown envelope in Eun Soo’s father’s columbarium under the urn. I think he had left a USB as well. Were they discovered by KMR? 

Wasnt there a scene where ES received a call from the columbarium regarding her father's urn was shifted? This was after Yoon place the envelope there.

4 minutes ago, vienvien said:

Wasnt there a scene where ES received a call from the columbarium regarding her father's urn was shifted? This was after Yoon place the envelope there.

They never moved her father’s urn. It was a threat to have ES come visit her. It was a FAKE OUT @vienvien

Archived