[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤

sugarplum892

The latest episode is just too sweet :wub:

Spoiler

Love their indirect kiss on the tea mug :lol: so creative and cute :joy: I also love how they basically consider each other as long term partner :wub:

so ep 22 basically show how YS has no idea JJ’s dad has passed away, so I must imagine the part where YS said he knew and couldn’t come back in time to help! Binging 12 eps in 6hrs until 5am is bad for your brain, don’t do it, kids :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Just watched ep21 and omg :love: can they be anymore obvious lmaoooo

The ex sister and the girl who has a crush on him will ruin it for sure. I saw a video of DL rushing into hotel room to save JJ.

I will watch ep 22 later. Omg they are so sweet. Love is sweet indeed:glee:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I just watched episode 21 and 22....

:elated:

I'm officially in sweet honey heaven soaked with bubbly love.

That's how you do adult romance!! Not just pecks on the lips! Can I just say how phenomenal both leads are and the chemistry is just explosive! Like literally i can feel their love bubbling off my screen in waves. The BTS of the kiss scenes are just adorable! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Alila N said:

The latest episode is just too sweet :wub:

Hide contents

Love their indirect kiss on the tea mug :lol: so creative and cute :joy: I also love how they basically consider each other as long term partner :wub:

so ep 22 basically show how YS has no idea JJ’s dad has passed away, so I must imagine the part where YS said he knew and couldn’t come back in time to help! Binging 12 eps in 6hrs until 5am is bad for your brain, don’t do it, kids :joy:

I think he said he loved her parents noodles and  when he went abroad he tried to do it but failed. but he didnt talk about if he knew he passed away or not.

If Linda and DL were behind her father's case. So what could be the reason they break up later? Unless he would be framed by Linda or DL. 

Linda is mentally unstable. Why would she hurt JJ? What would she gain if JJ was hurt? Ppl like her never fail to shock me. 

DL's face is so stiff. I always feel he was uncomfortable idk :vicx:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

DL's face is so stiff. I always feel he was uncomfortable idk :vicx:

I was undecided about him. I’m not sure whether it’s him as an actor who is stiff, or the character is meant to be awkward. He looks so much like a serial killer when he’s serious that I’m uncomfortable when he laughs. But given his background, I can accept he doesn’t know how to behave normally, as he has played a role his whole life. He also goes to extremes, like completely breaking down when he’s upset. 

I’d give Kido GAO the benefit of the doubt until I see him in something next. He was in Legend of Fuyao and I didn’t get any serial killer vibes there, in fact, I quite liked him, so I suspect his character is uncomfortable, not him. 

Spoiler

BTW, I admit I haven’t been paying close attention to the plot, I’ve been fast forwarding non-OTP bits so I may have missed a point here, but I’m really annoyed at Li Li in the hospital scene.

Why is she angry at YS and blaming him for JJ getting hurt? He came as soon as he knew and he’s not a telepath, so how is he supposed to know when she’s in danger? It just seemed so unreasonable to blame YS. 

I actually have decided I like Riley Wang here, he suits being dopey and smiley. I’ve seen him play the tsundere and I don’t like it. His character here is consistent, cute and he’s convincing. My problem with the second couple is that I can’t stand Li Li. She’s such a loser stalker. She’s about 28 or something and just spends all day daydreaming about a guy she barely knows and then follows him everywhere, eventually following him into his company and just fawning over everything he says or does. Why on earth would he be interested in someone like that? 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

I was undecided about him. I’m not sure whether it’s him as an actor who is stiff, or the character is meant to be awkward. He looks so much like a serial killer when he’s serious that I’m uncomfortable when he laughs. But given his background, I can accept he doesn’t know how to behave normally, as he has played a role his whole life. He also goes to extremes, like completely breaking down when he’s upset. 

I’d give Kido GAO the benefit of the doubt until I see him in something next. He was in Legend of Fuyao and I didn’t get any serial killer vibes there, in fact, I quite liked him, so I suspect his character is uncomfortable, not him. 

Reveal hidden contents

BTW, I admit I haven’t been paying close attention to the plot, I’ve been fast forwarding non-OTP bits so I may have missed a point here, but I’m really annoyed at Li Li in the hospital scene.

Why is she angry at YS and blaming him for JJ getting hurt? He came as soon as he knew and he’s not a telepath, so how is he supposed to know when she’s in danger? It just seemed so unreasonable to blame YS. 

I actually have decided I like Riley Wang here, he suits being dopey and smiley. I’ve seen him play the tsundere and I don’t like it. His character here is consistent, cute and he’s convincing. My problem with the second couple is that I can’t stand Li Li. She’s such a loser stalker. She’s about 28 or something and just spends all day daydreaming about a guy she barely knows and then follows him everywhere, eventually following him into his company and just fawning over everything he says or does. Why on earth would he be interested in someone like that? 

In the episode where he had his birthday, he was about to confess then said he 'forgot' what he wanted to say. His facial expression was so awkward.

i even thought maybe he had something done to his face. Sorry if i am wrong i am not against that, just saying

Lol. He admitted to YS that he likes her but lmao does he think he has a chance against YS who loved her for years and been so sweet and caring to her (almost whipped lol)? 

Idk if i read this here or somewhere else but damn YS here is like second male lead in other dramas. The childhood friend who loved her secretly, almost perfect but female lead in other dramas fall for the damaged male lead who had a difficult life and try to fix/change him (DL here). Its like a second lead finally getting the girl. :D

I think her friend is a/thought that YS didnt take care of JJ so she was hypoglycemic and fainted. , b/kinda jealous/envious (not in a bad way) how she got a caring bf and a protective male friend while she cant get the boy she been chasing for a while. c/JJ and YS have 100% match while she got 1%.

Riley wang is not doing a bad job playing a boring smart boy (he is not the best actor but still trying) but his story plot is quite boring. Almost everyone is tired of silly girl chasing her prince charming. She left her job at the store (which she got just to stalk him) and followed him to his company and doing every thing for him. Ugh. Like in the hospital where he talked about how hugs is nice then she offered her arms ... Seriously? Get a grip :D

• Like 4

Ok, I started to watch the 45+45 minute episodes 21 & 22 and ended up rewatching the OTP's cute scenes again and again and finally finished the 2 episodes literally @ 4 hours. Omg, I was laughing and smiling like a lunatic.  Thank god, noone was near me otherwise they would have thought I've gone crazy.  I ve not enjoyed watching a drama in a long while like this one.  Cute!!!!!:kiss_wink:

1.This is what we call adult romance.  Everything is so natural.  These two are so sweet, I am gonna be diabetic.  

2. So, YS don't know anything about her dad.  So, how is their temporary breakup going to happen coz someone mentioned that the DU dude is going to mislead JJ that YS is involved in his death.  I am not in for it, but there will no drama if it is not happening.

3. Omg!!! The step sister is such a narcissist.  Why is she causing harm to JJ to get to DU.  I am hating her so much. 

Now I am.curious as to how the rest of the plot gonna move.  So, tonite we have 2 episodes to enjoy and then waiting game!!!!! 

Here's the BTS for the bed scene in 2 parts. omg!!! I am blushing.  

Spoiler

Spoiler

Cr: uploader

• Like 2
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, pad-hari said:

Ok, I started to watch the 45+45 minute episodes 21 & 22 and ended up rewatching the OTP's cute scenes again and again and finally finished the 2 episodes literally @ 4 hours. Omg, I was laughing and smiling like a lunatic.  Thank god, noone was near me otherwise they would have thought I've gone crazy.  I ve not enjoyed watching a drama in a long while like this one.  Cute!!!!!:kiss_wink:

1.This is what we call adult romance.  Everything is so natural.  These two are so sweet, I am gonna be diabetic.  

2. So, YS don't know anything about her dad.  So, how is their temporary breakup going to happen coz someone mentioned that the DU dude is going to mislead JJ that YS is involved in his death.  I am not in for it, but there will no drama if it is not happening.

3. Omg!!! The step sister is such a narcissist.  Why is she causing harm to JJ to get to DU.  I am hating her so much. 

Now I am.curious as to how the rest of the plot gonna move.  So, tonite we have 2 episodes to enjoy and then waiting game!!!!! 

Here's the BTS for the bed scene in 2 parts. omg!!! I am blushing.  

Hide contents

Hide contents

Cr: uploader

the director must be a shipper! hahahahaha.... at the last part of the BTS, the crew shouted "cut" and said that the director already stopped filming but didn't shout cut to let them continue! Thanks Director for loving the CP as much as the audience do. 

The ML and FL have such awesome chemistry! Like you I rewatched the cute scenes so many times today..... 2 more hours before the next 2 episodes! And then it will be a painful wait till Sunday! 

I was reading Leo Luo and Bailu's weibo on the kissing in the snow scene. BL shared that LL initially said he won't cry at the scene but he was so affected when they were filming scene and so into the character of YS that he teared. So sweet. That scene is really one of the highlights, so full of emotions and love. Even the corgi wrote a post about that scene. So cute! Sadly, I don't know how to attached the weibo post here. 

• Like 4

New picss. :7555_attack:

Another hot kiss is coming:love: also, he is the type that gets more handsome as he ages. He didnt look this hot two years ago is2g lmao. Also his hot hairstyle playing a big role.

I love this grey/black coat too. So stylish. Ok i am going to stop fangirling for now haha.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4559626802829363

• Like 2
  • Love 1

This 2 has chemistry :love: they can move/sway viewers and their acting is sooo natural. In some chinese drama the kissing scene is so trying hard just to sell the drama they to make a lot of kiss scene  :confused: and most of them can't act and they were given lead role.???? Bai Lu is my favorite among her generation:fullofhearts:after watching her at Arsenal Academy :approves:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Ep 24 is so funny, my husband is like: laugh quietly, I’m trying to sleep here >_> :joy:

YS and JJ is so cute in these 2 episodes, and I love how YS keeps chanting: mother in law is always right :joy: 

Spoiler

I laughed so hard when JJ’s mother pretend she’s sleep walking when she finally got it that they are dating :joy: and how the two leads also get that she’s faking it and joke about it :joy:

also the scene outside the airport is what make them 100% couple! So alike but at the same time caring and loving each other xD JJ was angry at him but would give way to his jacket :joy:

I also have been rewatching 21 like crazy xD now these latest two xD lots of love, kisses and cute moments together.

Spoiler

It seems there’s a misunderstanding that MH is the bad guy, and not GE, whose the one actually downgraded JJ’s father’s business, making them not able to secure higher fund. And by the sound of it, DL is the one going to pan this on YS, he needs that even footing.

last and not least, the “indirect kisses” preference is strong xD first it was when he first moved into her house, and made the dinner for her, telling her the soup bowl she’s about to drink from is “indirect kiss”. Then come my favourite part, where she gave him a kiss at the company via a tea mug xD and now, when she used her mouth to peel the chestnut for him xD to YS, indirect kisses are great! :joy:

BTS of the bed scene (because I couldn’t see the link before >_<, so I linked here in case other have the same problem). Also our bed scene got cut lol! It could have been longer! I love how into it they were xD (very professionally though)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4diP3BIbb8U

(if you can’t see the link, it’s because IQIYI somehow changed my post, because when I go into edit, it’s the same video, not the wrong one, and it’s still on YouTube :ph34r: very curious!)

• Like 1
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, pad-hari said:

My new theory is that JJ’s mum forces the break up. Since YS knows nothing about it, you’d have to make up a complete fiction to implicate him. And he would fight for JJ, or at least run after her, and in the short clip of her slapping him he doesn’t seem to do anything. 

I now think YS breaks up with JJ, leaves MH and JJ stays at MH to prove herself to her mum. 

It’s the lesser of two evils, to have JJ still love YS and just think he’s a jerk is better than her thinking he caused her dad’s death and lied to her. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

16 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:

dk if i read this here or somewhere else but damn YS here is like second male lead in other dramas. The childhood friend who loved her secretly, almost perfect but female lead in other dramas fall for the damaged male lead who had a difficult life and try to fix/change him (DL here). Its like a second lead finally getting the girl. :D

I think her friend is a/thought that YS didnt take care of JJ so she was hypoglycemic and fainted. , b/kinda jealous/envious (not in a bad way) how she got a caring bf and a protective male friend while she cant get the boy she been chasing for a while. c/JJ and YS have 100% match while she got 1%.

The General Analysis is right actually, Here the male lead is the One with unrequited Love and Second lead is the gloomy secretive lead with Trauma. Role Reversal. Male lead for once is healthier here (this is only the second Modern C drama wherein Male lead is without the Lifelong trauma and second lead is all Mr Darcy I have seen , rest are all clichés. , that is what ends up making the Lead character dynamics more Fun IMO)

• Like 3

Actually, maybe YS finds himself in danger while investigating her dad so he breaks up with her to keep her safe?

Aaahhh, this is driving me nuts! Hate, but also love, watching in real time! 

Awww, I just saw YS and DL in the ep 26 preview. So cute. I really hope DL doesn’t do anything evil, he wanted to be a better person before and I hope he does become one. 

• Like 1