[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Love Is Sweet 半是蜜糖半是伤

sugarplum892

19 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

Actually, maybe YS finds himself in danger while investigating her dad so he breaks up with her to keep her safe?

Aaahhh, this is driving me nuts! Hate, but also love, watching in real time! 

Awww, I just saw YS and DL in the ep 26 preview. So cute. I really hope DL doesn’t do anything evil, he wanted to be a better person before and I hope he does become one. 

I wish i could understand the episodes chart. It had heartbreak emoji next to ep 28 and full heart next to ep29. So they will separate for one episode for real?:(

If anyone understands Chinese, here it is

https://twitter.com/bxnshee__/status/1315672053274480642?s=19

17 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

Fluff! So prepare to feel happy and watch!!!

Ohhh yesssss ty ty :elated:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Zay❤️ said:

I wish i could understand the episodes chart. It had heartbreak emoji next to ep 28 and full heart next to ep29. So they will separate for one episode for real?:(

If anyone understands Chinese, here it is

https://twitter.com/bxnshee__/status/1315672053274480642?s=19

I read Chinese and it doesn’t say anything about the episodes, but I love that they pre-warn you when the angst is coming! 

Let’s hope it’s accurate that it’s a break up only for one day! I’m going to have to skip watching next week. I can’t have the sadness without the reunion straight after! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

I read Chinese and it doesn’t say anything about the episodes, but I love that they pre-warn you when the angst is coming! 

Let’s hope it’s accurate that it’s a break up only for one day! I’m going to have to skip watching next week. I can’t have the sadness without the reunion straight after! 

Ok what about this one?

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4554946173996091

Edit: havent finished ep24 yet but i am not really a fan of her mother. That wine drinking? It was petty tbh.

• Like 2

translation of the notes on this https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4554946173996091

18th - pushing elevator doors with bare hands happens today.

19th - mutual protection (both sides acting to protect the other)

20th - literally means ‘chase wife to the crematorium’ but I think it refers to a romance genre where a ML who has been indifferent goes all out to chase the FL. I’m a bit confused by this, so maybe it refers to the second leads. 

25th - you’re playing with fire 

26th - war of the bed zones 

27th - Marry me (in English)!

2nd - Finale of sweetness! Maybe there’s a special? Hope so! 

By the way, the drama thread on My Drama List has gone nuts for this drama. 
https://mydramalist.com/49871-love-is-sweet 

You should definitely check it out. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Zay❤️ said:

Ok what about this one?

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4554946173996091

Edit: havent finished ep24 yet but i am not really a fan of her mother. That wine drinking? It was petty tbh.

Spoiler

It’s fine because it’s funny lol. Also isn’t YS meant to be quite a good drinker? How come he falter after 3 glasses of red wine when he can drink heavy stuff so well? Though if I have to drink that much in water, I would possibly don’t feel well either simply because it’s a bit much in volume :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

25 minutes ago, Alila N said:

Hide contents

It’s fine because it’s funny lol. Also isn’t YS meant to be quite a good drinker? How come he falter after 3 glasses of red wine when he can drink heavy stuff so well? Though if I have to drink that much in water, I would possibly don’t feel well either simply because it’s a bit much in volume :joy:

I get it. Her mom is overprotective of her because of her condition and what happened with the speech was awful but they were kids. He apologized for his (non intentional) mistake, why being so petty? Anyway the Mahjong game was soooo funny and her talking to the pics lmaoo 

The sleeping on the sofa was soooooo cute and sweet. I kept replaying that part many times. Aaàaah :love:

42 minutes ago, cantbreathe said:

translation of the notes on this https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4554946173996091

18th - pushing elevator doors with bare hands happens today.

19th - mutual protection (both sides acting to protect the other)

20th - literally means ‘chase wife to the crematorium’ but I think it refers to a romance genre where a ML who has been indifferent goes all out to chase the FL. I’m a bit confused by this, so maybe it refers to the second leads. 

25th - you’re playing with fire 

26th - war of the bed zones 

27th - Marry me (in English)!

2nd - Finale of sweetness! Maybe there’s a special? Hope so! 

By the way, the drama thread on My Drama List has gone nuts for this drama. 
https://mydramalist.com/49871-love-is-sweet 

You should definitely check it out. 

I think she will be stuck in an elevator and he will help her. I think it was on that ost MV. Oh and from the next eps previews, it seems like JJ was tired and he was by her side. So probably after the elevator incident.

Omg why am i so into this drama and do all this? Lmao:D

They will break up in the 19th to protect each other?

About the 20th, its probably about the 2nd leads. Ugh i dont want to be disappointed with that heart next to ep 29-30 is for the 2nd leads while my otp is still separated :tears:

Omg a bonus is definitely needed if they are going to separate them for a long time :tears:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

I saw ep21 briefly and wow, they went straight into it.. which is unusual. :lol::lol: but refreshing? Maybe since they are already nearly 30s in the drama and both have not dated before? :D:lol:

Spoiler

It’s unusual for the traditional asian mindset I think. But if you already have been in love with someone, taking that next step isn’t far leap especially considering how many sexual tensions they had over the course of the first 20 episodes :wub: to us it’s only 20 hours, to them, it’s at least 2 months if not 6months :joy: in the episode where he faked illness, he was easily turn on by her :joy: and she also never experienced love and in a sense, know quite strongly he’s her soulmate, and did they promise never to be apart in a sense before the consummation.

(I had a talk with my husband about how asian is very traditional, they don’t do this etc like western movies and he likes I love how naive you are :joy: and then when back to Vietnam 5 yrs ago, there was a lot of hotel that do hours service lol. And I’m like yup, it’s no longer like back then :joy:

Just now, Alila N said:

Hide contents

It’s unusual for the traditional asian mindset I think. But if you already have been in love with someone, taking that next step isn’t far leap especially considering how many sexual tensions they had over the course of the first 20 episodes :wub: to us it’s only 20 hours, to them, it’s at least 2 months if not 6months :joy: in the episode where he faked illness, he was easily turn on by her :joy: and she also never experienced love (so wanted to know more) and in a sense, know quite strongly he’s her soulmate, and did their promise never to be apart in a sense before the consummation.

(I had a talk with my husband about how asian is very traditional, they don’t do this etc like western movies and he likes I love how naive you are :joy: and then when back to Vietnam 5 yrs ago, there was a lot of hotel that do hours service lol. And I’m like yup, it’s no longer like back then :joy:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alila N said:

Hide contents

It’s unusual for the traditional asian mindset I think. But if you already have been in love with someone, taking that next step isn’t far leap especially considering how many sexual tensions they had over the course of the first 20 episodes :wub: to us it’s only 20 hours, to them, it’s at least 2 months if not 6months :joy: in the episode where he faked illness, he was easily turn on by her :joy: and she also never experienced love and in a sense, know quite strongly he’s her soulmate, and did they promise never to be apart in a sense before the consummation.

Lmao. It was funny when she was reading for him. I felt bad for him :joy:

They set the bar high for romcom for me. I wont be able to tolerate dead kisses and awkward romance scenes anymore.:sweatingbullets:

Edit:

The sofa pics :love:

https://twitter.com/dramapotatoe/status/1316206903421067264?s=19

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

How am I supposed to last till Sunday?

I cannot decide on which was my fav scene of this last 6 episodes! I love all the screen time of the OTP! Even the little argument after they landed in JJ's hometown. I love how YS told JJ's mum that girlfriend is meant to be pampered and loved. AWWWWWWWW

• Like 3

I don't know about you guys but I love the fact that they aren't shy about sleeping with each other the first night of confession.  :heythere:   While other dramas wait and wait, and probably never get to it, this drama just dive right in!! Whooo HooO! :hwaiting:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Other drama probably have a love confession at ep 15 or 17... hehee... so they are giving us a bonus, both scenes at ep20...

Just finished watching ep12 of the Record of Youth... now, after the first time dating kisses, there is no kiss scene after that... and thats more weird.. and no indication that they slept together.. sigh...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

This scene was so beautiful, especially the last gif.  Love him so much as he cradles her when hugging.  beautiful warming up!!!!!:smooches2:.  

kuW6hbF.gif

gsxaFgv.gif

S2hVag0.gif

FyNX4Q8.gif

cr:weibo

Yet to see the last 2 episodes.  Will watch it slowly to lessen the waiting time. :tounge_wink:

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pad-hari said:

This scene was so beautiful, especially the last gif.  Love him so much as he cradles her when hugging.  beautiful warming up!!!!!.  

Yet to see the last 2 episodes.  Will watch it slowly to lessen the waiting time. :tounge_wink:

I don't know how to watch slowly.... basically rush through the episodes as soon as they are out and then rewatch it a million times while waiting for the new episodes to be out. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • LOL 5

4 minutes ago, Sannie said:

I don't know how to watch slowly.... basically rush through the episodes as soon as they are out and then rewatch it a million times while waiting for the new episodes to be out. 

Hehehe, no worries.  Me too.  I usually watch till the new episodes with eng ST's are uploaded waiting till midnight that day itself.  RL interruptions, so dont have time to watch.  

• Like 3

Spoiler

2 hours ago, pad-hari said:

This scene was so beautiful, especially the last gif.  Love him so much as he cradles her when hugging.  beautiful warming up!!!!!.  

I am trying sooo hard to believe they are just friends in real life....ugh so professional...

:7555_attack:

Spoiler

i am clueless here. What was the sexual meaning when he was cooking at her mother's home and told her not to touch the vegetables because he didnt wash it yet?

Spoiler

Is it really two years gap? They celebrated 2019 new year and have iphone 11 .. so they will be back together in 2021 with still iphone 11?

Lmao. They couldve celebrated 2017 with older iphone and back together in 2019 ...

Excuse me. I am so bored right now.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • LOL 4

Preview for ep.25 and 26

https://www.iqiyi.com/v_2dzjogsztz8.html#curid=8853203649165800_d459016d26df611dc9b857740fa0c8b1

Are these two YS and DL joinin hands to find out about Jun's papa death.  But they are so funny arguing before going into the gambling place.  

Can you tell me what happened to JJ in ep.26 preview @cantbreathe.  did she faint again becoz of her tears allergy problem?  thanks.

Finished watching both 23 and 24.  These are so sweet.  Her mom is crazily sweet.  Like mother like daughter.    When she started screaming like a young girl excited while feeding YS, I was like what?????  Beautiful episodes.  I hope they maintain the same standard in the rest of the episodes and dont make it a usual cliche.  :kiss_wink: Jaiyou!!!!!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zay❤️ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I am trying sooo hard to believe they are just friends in real life....ugh so professional...

:7555_attack:

Hide contents

i am clueless here. What was the sexual meaning when he was cooking at her mother's home and told her not to touch the vegetables because he didnt wash it yet?

Hide contents

Is it really two years gap? They celebrated 2019 new year and have iphone 11 .. so they will be back together in 2021 with still iphone 11?

Lmao. They couldve celebrated 2017 with older iphone and back together in 2019 ...

Excuse me. I am so bored right now.

well, they don’t need to change to the new iPhone lol. You don’t need to get new phone as soon as it’s out :joy: 11 is the latest, and only 1 year old. In 2 years, it’ll be only 3 yo, so they can buy new phone together when they get married and make it a couple phone :happyshakes:

• Like 2
  • LOL 1