[Drama 2019-2020] Black Dog, 블랙독

larus

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/25/2019 at 11:06 AM, Fabbo said:

He obviously wants the spot for the permanent teacher at the end of the year. He dislikes her because of how she got her job. There might be some jealousy because she gets a lot of praise and recognition from her colleagues. And fear that she might 'steal' the spot. We are supposed to think that he was the one posting on that internet board. Not quite sure if it's really him though.

For me the only suspicious person is him. He already is in his sixth year and still a short term teacher. He has reasons to think that the hiring system is fishy.  But shouldn't he ask why he isn't getting the promotion? The school owe him an explanation why he isn't a permanent staff. Six years is a long time.

But if it is really him, then he isn't doing the school any good since he's spreading malicious gossip. The school is already unpopular with the parents as it is. And purposefully making Ha Neul the object of hate not just by the other short term teachers but by permanent staff as well. How else did she got stuck with Kim Yi Boon as course partner.  

On 12/25/2019 at 2:59 PM, larus said:

thought that he is the one who is writing in the short- term teacher`s forum but it is too obvious and probably he is not the one. He always observes things.

The way he stares at Ha Neul each and every time, seemed to point at how he wants Ha Neul out of the picture. 

On 12/25/2019 at 11:06 AM, Fabbo said:

Yes working with others is a skill as well. But it's not like she is lacking that skill. Ms Kim is. I like it as well that she changed her attitude towards Ha Neul. I just wish it would come off more genuine. Maybe she could have slowly make some nice gestures. That would be more satisfying to watch as well.

I agree. To be honest episode 3 made me a disgruntled viewer because KYB got all the praise for the open class. But the principal and the rest knew who really did all the work, which is why Yi Boon tried to make up by plying Ha Neul with food and a 360 degree turn on her attitude towards her.

Still in episode 4 I got riled again by Yi Boon by voicing Ha Neul's connection with Mr. Moon in the open. But I guess everyone already knows so it doesn't matter anymore. What now matters is her performance as a short term faculty member.

Episode 4 left me in tears.  I was relieved that she managed to sign a one year contract later on instead of 5 months. But I wish Ha Neul confront that group of short term teachers. They keep making snide comments loud enough for her to hear that I understand why Ha Neul reacted by running away from them. It wasn't even her fault, it was the idiotic Song Yeong Tae with his improper announcement and lack of disregard for the short term staff. :angry:

About Mr. Moon, I know why he's trying to get the IP address but I wish he tell the principal about it.  It involves the integrity of the school so it is reason enough to catch who is spreading that kind rumor which could affect the entire school and staff. 

And now that VIP wrapped up, I wish more viewers would tune in to boost the ratings. Romantic Doctor starts Jan 6, here's hoping Black Dog keep it's viewers and not change channels.

3 hours ago, htk9207 said:

For me the only suspicious person is him. He already is in his sixth year and still a short term teacher. He has reasons to think that the hiring system is fishy.  But shouldn't he ask why he isn't getting the promotion? The school owe him an explanation why he isn't a permanent staff. Six years is a long time.

I think he was a six years short term teacher because the school did not had or proposed a long term teaching job until now. Assuming that it is a little similar with my system from my country, he could not asked for a promotion because it is not possible. He or Ha Neul or any other candidate (short term teacher) has to pass an exam/ a test along with other internal selection criterias. The school has a several post for the long term teachers and is related to the number of classes. 

Now that the school need a new long term teacher, Ji Hae-Won has a good chance to get the job. Of course, Na Heul will be a strong candidate and his rival if they both will want the same job.

33 minutes ago, larus said:

Now that the school need a new long term teacher, Ji Hae-Won has a good chance to get the job. Of course, Na Heul will be a strong candidate and his rival if they both will want the same job.

Which would be even worse if Ha Neul gets it through hard work. The guy would gripe that she got it because of connections. Sigh. 

1 minute ago, htk9207 said:

Which would be even worse if Ha Neul gets it through hard work. The guy would gripe that she got it because of connections. Sigh. 

Ha Neul is in an ungrateful position. She has to work even harder to prove herself that she is a capable woman and teacher.

People will talk no matter what. If he will feel that he has been wronged, he should speak but even he has to recognize eventually that she is indeed a good teacher. We`ll see what kind of man he is.

@larus

I hope he isn't the one slandering the school. Because if he is, he doesn't deserve to be promoted. And yes, I would want not just him, but everyone to see what HN is capable of. She might make mistakes but she really cares that the students pass the exams and get into good colleges. Her character is written in a way that I am rooting for her 100 percent. She isn't perfect and her decision to give her work to YB for open class is a no for me. But I could understand why she made that decision.

I am watching 2 dramas currently and this drama is harder to watch because it hits close to home. The bullying at work, the prejudice, the pressure to do well. And yet this is the drama that I connect with emotionally despite my wanting to watch more lighthearted fare.  

So thankful SHJ chose this project with Ra Mi Ran. 

Just a tad sad that not a lot come to this thread to comment on the drama.

On 12/25/2019 at 2:59 PM, larus said:

I even suspect the female short term teacher who sympathized with Ha Neul.

I’m also suspecting her. But isn’t she the one who got the 5 months contract instead of Ha Neul? What happen? Maybe it will be tacled on the next episodes.

What I liked about each episodes was, they’re showing all the struggles that Ha Neul is facing which makes us all affected. The frustrations, unjust and unfair treatment to her. But at the end of the day, they’re showing us her resiliency and determination. 

46 minutes ago, shjfan23 said:

I’m also suspecting her. But isn’t she the one who got the 5 months contract instead of Ha Neul? What happen? Maybe it will be tacled on the next episodes.

Now she is definetly not the one. She got the 5 months contract but It is not clear what happened with her. Did she just quit?

She looked mentally fragile. I thought that it could be her disguise but I was wrong. After Song Young-Tae`s tactless announcement she could not moved on being discovered that she was a short term teacher. 

1 hour ago, htk9207 said:

I hope he isn't the one slandering the school. Because if he is, he doesn't deserve to be promoted.

If he is the one I agree. Him wanted to continue to be a long term teacher at that school it will be hypocritical. If he has evidence of corruption, he should talk up front and not in a gossip forum. But I am currious if there is indeed corruption at that school. It seems that there is a tough competion for the highter positions.

1 hour ago, htk9207 said:

You have to used to it. It is my perception but less people are commneting on Soompi these days and only a few threads are more popular. If this drama will have three or four regular posters It will be good. Small Black Dog community is better than none. I see worst (and the dramas were good IMO). 

50 minutes ago, larus said:

Now she is definetly not the one. She got the 5 months contract but It is not clear what happened with her. Did she just quit?

She looked mentally fragile. I thought that it could be her disguise but I was wrong. After Song Young-Tae`s tactless announcement she could not moved on being discovered that she was a short term teacher. 

The teacher who sympathized with GHN quit so that Ha Neul took her full-term contract. The teacher just couldn't take that her students found out she was short-term and she succumbed to the obvious disparities between short-and-long term teachers. I was definitely crying crocodile tears with SHJ when she was signing the contract. 

2 hours ago, htk9207 said:

@larus

I am watching 2 dramas currently and this drama is harder to watch because it hits close to home. The bullying at work, the prejudice, the pressure to do well. And yet this is the drama that I connect with emotionally despite my wanting to watch more lighthearted fare.  

So thankful SHJ chose this project with Ra Mi Ran. 

I love the relationship between Ha Neul and Park Sung Soon. Sung Soon treats Ha Neul like her car. She can't clean it too often or else it'll become too spoiled or arrogant. That scene at the end of Ep 4 with Ha Neul telling Sung Soon she'll go on the trip......ai

I love this drama for similar reasons. If you take away the setting, Ha Neul's road is a everyday worker's story. It's easy to empathize with her character (and SHJ is really hitting the ballpark with her portrayal). I have to pause every episode at some point just because it hits home so hard. 

On 12/24/2019 at 10:06 PM, Fabbo said:

Yes working with others is a skill as well. But it's not like she is lacking that skill. Ms Kim is. I like it as well that she changed her attitude towards Ha Neul. I just wish it would come off more genuine. Maybe she could have slowly make some nice gestures. That would be more satisfying to watch as well.

I keep thinking about this relationship. I can't put my finger on what I really think about this relationship. Perhaps Ms. Kim has never had a course partner quite like Ha Neul. But within this storyline I like how you can see Ha Neul adjusting her teaching style towards Ms. Kim as per Ms. Park's comment at the beginning of that episode. She tried to do Mr. Do's style, but it didn't quite work out. She adjusted it with Ms. Kim and came off as a hit. And she had the opportunity to say to the principal that she did all the work but she didn't. Given the attn that Ha Neul got working together with Ms. Kim, it's almost as if if Ms. Kim can be won over, anybody can. (I'm not sure this makes sense, everything is still a bit confusing around this dynamic) 

Loved the first OST release. I think this is the Korean version of the song that played  at the end of the first trailer. Curious as to whether SHJ recorded (or even RMR!), but I think SHJ might be concentrating on acting rather doing OST since she brokeout.

I think they must be happy with the ratings with this. It's tough for women to lead dramas without a leading man and they've held steady even through this holiday season so far.

7 minutes ago, randomthotz said:

The teacher who sympathized with GHN quit so that Ha Neul took her full-term contract. The teacher just couldn't take that her students found out she was short-term and she succumbed to the obvious disparities between short-and-long term teachers. 

The full term contract is for the next year. The candidates have not applied yet (officially). 

I agree that she quit because she could not handdle the thought that her students found out that she is a short term teacher. That way, Ha Neul could sign a full year contract as short term teacher. It was Ha Neul`s oportunity because she was the one chosen to sign the five months contract but it was not her fault that she quit (like the other short term teachers have had commenting). Another unfair situation. I hate when people are making rude comments when they don`t have all the facts.

I’m little bit confuse, i thought short-term teacher is a step for every young teacher need to take, to get experience before they become permanent teacher. But in the drama they emphasize the short termed teacher as below or second rate than the permanent teacher. Like the female teacher who quits she even couldn’t take it when her position as short termed was known to students. Also the male teacher who announced publicly calling the short term teacher, said they didn’t pass exams that’s why they cannot become permanent. Is it like national board exams to become teacher? And when you didn’t pass you cannot become a teacher and you can only become short term forever?

@larus yeah I don’t like how the three people in the college advisory accused HN and his uncle nepotism without any proof and evidence just based on rumor and guts. I mean they portrayed the three characters as wise and experienced senior who work in the school for so long

3 minutes ago, larus said:

The full term contract is for the next year. The candidates have not applied yet (officially). 

I agree that she quit because she could not handdle the thought that her students found out that she is a short term teacher. That way, Ha Neul could sign a full year contract as short term teacher. It was Ha Neul`s oportunity because she was the one chosen to sign the five months contract but it was not her fault that she quit (like the other short term teachers have had commenting). Another unfair situation. I hate when people are making rude comments when they don`t have all the facts.

Nope it's definitely for this school year. Korean school terms begin in March and ends in July, then a second term in Sept through to Feb. The short-term teachers were mumbling about how their contracts for the school year hadn't come out yet because they had to work out the legalese. The five month contract suddenly came up because a teacher (obviously a permanent teacher) was suddenly returning in the second-half. The school took advantage of the fact that their contracts hadn't been signed yet so they could do whatever they want with the terms. 

8 minutes ago, Dundee said:

I’m little bit confuse, i thought short-term teacher is a step for every young teacher need to take, to get experience before they become permanent teacher. But in the drama they emphasize the short termed teacher as below or second rate than the permanent teacher. Like the female teacher who quits she even couldn’t take it when her position as short termed was known to students. Also the male teacher who announced publicly calling the short term teacher, said they didn’t pass exams that’s why they cannot become permanent. Is it like national board exams to become teacher? And when you didn’t pass you cannot become a teacher and you can only become short term forever?

I'm not 100% sure (so correct me if I'm wrong) but there are three categories of short-term teachers: those who failed the board exams, those who haven't written the board exams yet and those who are unable to get permanent positions. Ha Neul is in the 2nd category which is why her uncle suggested her to remain in her position to gain experience and the widow (I think) told her to work while studying. I think the big issue is that there are few permanent positions therefore there are a lot of teachers like the six-year teacher languishing as a short-term teacher. It sounds like this issue will be fleshed out a lot more in the next episode judging from the preview.

3 minutes ago, randomthotz said:

Nope it's definitely for this school year. Korean school terms begin in March and ends in July, then a second term in Sept through to Feb. The short-term teachers were mumbling about how their contracts for the school year hadn't come out yet because they had to work out the legalese. The five month contract suddenly came up because a teacher (obviously a permanent teacher) was suddenly returning in the second-half. The school took advantage of the fact that their contracts hadn't been signed yet so they could do whatever they want with the terms. 

That I understand. The contracts were for this year but it was not for a full term potition.

3 minutes ago, randomthotz said:

I think the big issue is that there are few permanent positions therefore there are a lot of teachers like the six-year teacher languishing as a short-term teacher. It sounds like this issue will be fleshed out a

lot more in the next episode judging from the preview.

I agree. Ha Neul did well at the exam but there weren`t any long term job for her to take so she applied for a short term teacher also. She just wanted to teach being a full term or short term teacher.

This is what I despise on workplaces. 'Cause I used to be in an office where there were predominantly women in staff. You'd think it'd be better right? Wrong. The women were just as vindictive & prone to gossip on others behind their backs. So that scene at cafeteria where the other teachers were gossiping behind Ha Neul's back was relatable & realistic. 

I applaud Ha Neul though 'cause she's fighting battles in her own way. It's so cliquey at the teachers department LoL. They all act no different than their students! I mean they all do the same work but place so much emphasis on rank/position/hierarchy etc Dear GOD. It's probably their culture..

Hae Won continues to puzzle me I don't know what his deal is other than he's nice looking LoL.:P Are the looks Yeon Woo giving Ha Neul out of concern or somethin' else:phew:?? That's sad how Ms. Song just left without a notice. I'm lovin' Ms. Park & the other guy in Ha Neul's team, they're really supportive which is good.   

Black Dog: Episode 3

by lovepark

blackdog03-00277.jpg

Our new teacher slowly adjusts to life in school, mishaps and all. At times it’s an uphill battle, but she perseveres through the hardships and continues fighting for her ideals. Though her efforts are not always appreciated, little by little she earns the respect of her colleagues and finds her own path to becoming a better teacher along the way.

EPISODE 3 RECAP

blackdog03-00006.jpgblackdog03-00003.jpg

Haneul recalls an old memory of when she visited a pet shop with her grandpa. The store was filled with white puppies, but her attention went to the lone black one. Despite her interest in the puppy, Haneul chose a white one to take home since Grandpa told her that black puppies were bad luck.

Haneul wonders how the lonely black puppy must have felt, always wagging its tail to grab someone’s attention, since as a “black dog” herself, she understands its longing for acceptance. However, when Yeon-woo offers to help Haneul with her Yi-boon situation, she muses that the black dog probably would act like her if it ever received concern—with skepticism.

Yeon-woo notices her doubting expression and reads Haneul like an open book (even reciting what she’s thinking word for word). He explains that he’s returning the favor from when she offered to switch classes, so she shouldn’t be so wary of his help. He hands her a USB to use as a reference for her lesson plan, but Haneul wonders to herself how this is supposed to help her.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/12/black-dog-episode-3/

6 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

This is what I despise on workplaces. 'Cause I used to be in an office where there were predominantly women in staff. You'd think it'd be better right? Wrong. The women were just as vindictive & prone to gossip on others behind their backs. So that scene at cafeteria where the other teachers were gossiping behind Ha Neul's back was relatable & realistic. 

I applaud Ha Neul though 'cause she's fighting battles in her own way. It's so cliquey at the teachers department LoL. They all act no different than their students! I mean they all do the same work but place so much emphasis on rank/position/hierarchy etc Dear GOD. It's probably their culture..

Hae Won continues to puzzle me I don't know what his deal is other than he's nice looking LoL.:P Are the looks Yeon Woo giving Ha Neul out of concern or somethin' else:phew:?? That's sad how Ms. Song just left without a notice. I'm lovin' Ms. Park & the other guy in Ha Neul's team, they're really supportive which is good.   

I agree with you. they accused HN doing something she didn't do, and when she explained herself, they just dismissed it and said that she was a thick skin woman. I just don't get how their common sense work, well probably they're just jealous. But Mrs Park and the other guy i forget his name also judged HN based on rumor thinking she joined the school through his uncle. Though Mrs Park eventually know the truth by eavesdropping  the conversation between HN and her uncle. I assumed she is straightforward lady and want to clarify the nepotism matter to HN's uncle, better late than never so i forgive her LOL . While HN started her path to get the answer why her late short-term teacher sacrifice himself for her,  the recent episode showed HN was eventually immersed in the competition to get the permanent position. I hope they don't spend a lot of episodes showing HN fighting with other short term teachers in the competition 

The lyrics ㅠㅠ

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/311/0001090691

'young people who has no choice but comfort themselves'

And if I'm not mistaken even for the second song lyrics have same vibe

블랙독' 낙하산 의혹의 기간제 교사, 고하늘의 학교생활

http://www.kyeonggi.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=2217629
Go haneul wise teacher life

블랙독 4회- 다시 일어난 서현진, 그가 꾸는 거위의 꿈

http://m.mediaus.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=170951
Shj goose dream?  

Korea short term teacher in reality 
http://news.ebs.co.kr/ebsnews/allView/20209026/N