[Drama 2019-2020] Wanna Taste?, 맛 좀 보실래요

nohamahamoud2002

A pretty comical episode with the mom making the horrible father in law run to work in the restaurant with threats - why didn't she use them before? - and the Juri counting on her fingers to figure out how long it took Jin Sang to reach her in the coffee shop.  

Oh, and I loved the friend saying to HJ that JS wasn't able to pass, not because he was insincere, but because he was dumb.  We know it's both.

I must say that TV station owner is pretty nice to someone who married and divorced who woman he really loved.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Juri counting on her fingers to figure out how long it took Jin Sang to reach her in the coffee shop.  

Oh, and I loved the friend saying to HJ that JS wasn't able to pass, not because he was insincere, but because he was dumb.  We know it's both.

I guess they ARE made for each other :lol:

• Like 5

how does hae jin believe everything that jin sang says? he says the house owner is slandering him to raise rent? ummm, okay... the house owner was like "whatever" but wonder if she will be the one to send some hard evidence to prove that she wasn't making up random claims. and why does hae jin never ask why it is taking so long for jin sang to pass and check if he is actually studying? even the house owner was advising hae jin to not believe jin sang and to make him pay more attention to studies by keeping him at home...  cheol jin almost saw jin sang with juri and so his antenna is now going to be pinging. how distant are the two families that neither cheol jin or the sister recognize each other?

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

how distant are the two families that neither cheol jin or the sister recognize each other?

Sister is not recognizable because of frequently going under the knife... CJ probably was never noticed by the sister in the past before becoming a  successful person? Or she just couldn’t be bothered to remember him. 

ETA: she did find him looking familiar and asked if they’ve met before

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Sister is not recognizable because of frequently going under the knife... CJ probably was never noticed by the sister in the past before becoming a  successful person? Or she just couldn’t be bothered to remember him. 

ETA: she did find him looking familiar and asked if they’ve met before

yea I can understand him not recognizing her because of plastic surgery but her finding him vaguely familiar -- so it tells you that in 6 years, they might have only met maybe once at the wedding? whatever it is, sincerely hope these two are not paired -- that would be way too much misfortune for the poor fella.

• Like 6

There's no way in hell Cheol Jin well get with Leech Sister.  He already can't stand that family. Plus we have our trump card, little niecey. She will let out all the receipts about how the treat her mum. Even she well tell her straight out that she ain't good enough for her uncle. Think it'll be a case of one sided love and her regretting all she's done to HJ.

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

how does hae jin believe everything that jin sang says? he says the house owner is slandering him to raise rent? ummm, okay... the house owner was like "whatever" but wonder if she will be the one to send some hard evidence to prove that she wasn't making up random claims. and why does hae jin never ask why it is taking so long for jin sang to pass and check if he is actually studying? even the house owner was advising hae jin to not believe jin sang and to make him pay more attention to studies by keeping him at home...  cheol jin almost saw jin sang with juri and so his antenna is now going to be pinging. how distant are the two families that neither cheol jin or the sister recognize each other?

HJ is like a broken down truck just running on the fumes. She knows her marriage is about to crash and burn but she hanging on more out of desperation than actual belief now. At this rate Ji Sang will intro Juri as a study buddy and girl will be cooking them a meal before you know it, that's how far down the rabbit hole she is right now the poor sod. It will be someone like her my mum that ends up catching Jin Sang and even then it'll probably take something her daughter says for her cut ties.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, tas82 said:

There's no way in hell Cheol Jin well get with Leech Sister.  He already can't stand that family. Plus we have our trump card, little niecey. She will let out all the receipts about how the treat her mum. Even she well tell her straight out that she ain't good enough for her uncle. Think it'll be a case of one sided love and her regretting all she's done to HJ.

Exactly I had this reflection, but she  can change her behavior, remember that there are 120 episodes in total, , we saw worse villain for a redemption 

But otherwise I thought about the current wife of Juri's brother,  could be his future wife 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

remember that there are 120 episodes in total, , we saw worse villain for a redemption 

I keep reminding myself we are still early in the "pulling my hair out" phase as @Ldy Gmerm said. We still have at least 25 episodes in this phase. For now, I am enjoying the comedy aspect of this show. It is quite funny with HJ's pranks she pulls on DG. The "dong" on the floor and her wardrobe selection she made for him to go home from the hospital in had me in stitches. I'm certain those two will end up together somehow. Funny couple.

• Like 7

HJ is such a glutton for punishment!  Her father-in-law is right, why would she carry all those books home?  It's not even her responsibility!

Spoiler

Oh dear, little Gwang Ju is going to be disappointed.  His dad should not have told him his mum is coming back.  I've a feeling that mum is not going to pick him up from school and make his breakfast etc.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

@tulip06 ~ gwang ju will be very disappointed as she is definitely going to be the worst mother of the year. who on earth pushes a toddler?

20 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

I keep reminding myself we are still early in the "pulling my hair out" phase as @Ldy Gmerm said. We still have at least 25 episodes in this phase. For now, I am enjoying the comedy aspect of this show. It is quite funny with HJ's pranks she pulls on DG. The "dong" on the floor and her wardrobe selection she made for him to go home from the hospital in had me in stitches. I'm certain those two will end up together somehow. Funny couple.

guess the pulling hair out phase is necessary for us to root for the leads to have a different better life and outcome than what they have. in this case, it is a little frustrating to watch because hae jin has created a situation herself. it wasn't thrust upon her. she chose this life. while she can order the writer to do work, why can't she order her father-in-law or sister-in-law to help out? why can't she ask her husband to chip in during weekends when he is not studying and pull his weight as a husband? so we are pulling hair out not because she is treated badly but because she is allowing that kind of fleecing. at least with the writer, we now know why he is so prickly and thinks everyone is all about money -- that is what his relationship with his wife has taught him.....

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

Well the way he spoke they haven't divorced.

But you know what...kid getting pushed is on him. He said from his own mouth what mother abandons her 3 year old child. Then he said how she'd get upset when he rang cause the kid as missing the mum so in the end he stopped contacting her. Now she didn't even let you know she coming back into country. Why on earth did he tell the kid. I know the dump friend was like think of your kid. However if he had really thought about him he would have never mentioned the mum coming to the child until he was sure she planned to build a relationship with her kid. Instead he let himself be carried a long with societal ideas of kids needing both parents blahdy blah blah... He set his son up for disappointment and now will have to deal with the fallout.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

I agree. I would be cautious in approaching such a parent. She obviously never cared to find out about her son, why bother to go pick her up? Bringing the son too. What did he say expect? A warm teary reunion? She didn’t even tell him she’s coming back, only told the friend as the agent. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Writer and wife are still legally married, right? I didn’t get any clue that they’re divorced. But that wife is surely another piece of work. I agree who on earth pushes a kid?? At the most you back away...<_<

yea it seems they are legally married. I was so shocked to see a kid being pushed. :huh: guess, she is supposed to be one bad witch. so no redemption arc for her in the end? 

sometimes, in a crowded place like a supermarket, have had a random toddler run to me and hug my leg or hold my hand and then look up and realize I am a stranger and scamper off back to mom. these kind of mistakes happen especially if you are similar colours and the toddler is not paying much attention.

5 hours ago, tas82 said:

He set his son up for disappointment and now will have to deal with the fallout.

well now that the son is thoroughly disappointed, the kid will stop yearning for this mom and be pragmatic and accept hae jin instead. unless this drama does a 'blood is thicker than water' routine....

• Like 7
  • Love 1

the preview looks good -- can't wait to see cheol jin give jin sang a good knock on the head. poor cheol jin -- he immediately lost his appetite on hearing hae jin asking for money. it is so obvious to everyone that jin sang is not studying and just flaffing around. why does hae jin think that getting him his own place will make him pass the exam? she doesn't even nag him or ask for results in the one job he is supposed to do -- study. when he was nagging for a place, he really acted like a kid brother and you can see the huge distance between the two. they are not spouses. so why does she feel like she needs to do cater to his whims?

if jin sang is bad, then dae gu's wife is horrid. she is full of scathing contempt for dae gu and poor little gwang ju. no wonder the writer thinks everyone only wants money and can't believe hae jin would do something out of kindness. the wife hates his car and the apartment. little gwang ju is very perceptive and sadly took down the cute decorations he had made for her arrival. poor kiddo. more than jin sang being kicked to the curb, want dae gu and this horrible woman to get divorced asap.

as for junhu and his wife, what do folks think? juri's mom is such a troublesome meddler and has put it in that poor woman's head that women only receive flowers when the husband is about to have an affair. junhu seems very cold and standoffish but it doesn't mean he does not care for his wife. it will be interesting to see how that relationship develops.

• Like 7

I wonder what the name Oh Dae Gu means for Junhu’s wife. It seems like it reminded her of something. 

Okay, I am growing impatient. Roughly which episode can we expect to see HJ realized the affair and divorced Jinsang? 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Okay, I am growing impatient. Roughly which episode can we expect to see HJ realized the affair and divorced Jinsang? 

It is going to long road. I´m thinking maybe in the next 20 episode hj is going to realize js affair.

HJ and JS for me looks like more siblings and not married couple.

• Like 5

Anyone else not feel sorry for HJ falling into "poop"?  She is getting more and more ridiculous, and I could see why the father in law is irritated by her.  She doesn't wash and she is in everyone's face all the time.  I get that they are awful to her as well, but it suddenly seemed to me like she is rubbing them the wrong way too.  Or maybe that this is just a wrong match all around?  oh wait, she didn't listen to that because she is a parasite at heart.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

Whoaaa.... Jun Hu is

Spoiler

cheating on his wife with Dae Gu's wife!! Didn't expect that... Why did he even ask Dae Gu to pick her up then? And showing concern that DG should put effort in the marriage?

The shirt costs over a thousand USD? I bet that's enough to rent a place that Jin Sang been wanting to rent so he can continue his fling with Juri.

• Like 4