[Drama 2019-2020] Wanna Taste?, 맛 좀 보실래요

nohamahamoud2002

9 hours ago, tulip06 said:

So, looks like HJ will let herself be fooled yet again next week, but, eventually, I’m guessing the crappy family will pass to the rich SBS family because that girl will probably get pregnant. I can’t see how anyone would ever let their daughter marry a loser like Jin-Sang otherwise. He can’t even graduate from college!

I had not thought about "the fact that she could get pregnant, it's the father and the sister who will be happy to see that the mistress comes from a rich family, but I hope that the divorce will take place before it will be a hard humiliation for the female lead and I hope that the first scene of the first episode is not a dream, at this point by the end of the week pro I hope she will be aware

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

as you mention the poster, I am seeing 3 faces that we haven't seen yet. wonder when they will be introduced.

One must be the wife of writer. I wonder separated or divorced. 

The other two, my guess is wife of Ju Ri’s brother, another is her step-mother? Or one step-mother and one step-sister...

• Like 5

I have to wonder if this girl really comes from a rich family? I have yet to see her use cash for her purchases. Its all credit cards and while that does not means she does not come from a rich family I am highly suspect of her. I have to wonder if later all her debt will come and it will be JS and his family who she looks for to pay it. Its pretty much a given that he will fully cross the line he has already skipped over. The woman is younger, prettier and more interesting than the older wife he has waiting at home. The sad part is he sees HJ as nothing more than a ATM now. Part of it is HJ's fault. Once she married him she let herself go. 

From My view HJ was already older than him when they married. I think on some level she had a shadow about being so much older and finding a good man. Her words to her mom seem to support that. HJ felt she would not find a man who would treat her as well as JS even though her mom tried to warn her. This shows that she already had certain feelings about her age and not being married yet. This is possibly the real root of why she may not want to leave even knowing that her husband does not want her and has not kept any of his promises, her in laws see her as a slave and do not even see her daughter as family. For HJ divorcing means a. facing up to the wrong choices, b. facing her fear that she will not be able to find love with someone and accept her daughter. 

HJ will dig in and refuse to divorce even when she gets the full proof of JS's infidelity. It will hurt her badly to see him defending and taking care of this woman when he made promises to her to do the same. What's more if they go on about this girls dad when HJ once cried to JS about growing up without a father it will be further pain for her. JS promised to take care and love her. Yet JS is doing the same thing to his own daughter being absent. HJ's father could not help not being there but JS could help his own actions. 

No one appreciates that child because she is female when the child is no longer there they will not care as they will want to accept the new woman's baby especially if they think it is a boy. Only with the loss of the child will HJ finally wake up to how her own actions caused her so much pain and misery and the loss of her daughter. 

To go back to my first question about whether this girl is truly from a rich family? Whether she is or not will prolly not be the real issue. The real issue for JS and his family is she will not be a slave like HJ. There will be no housekeeping, laundry or cooking in that home once HJ is gone and the new woman moves in. I doubt she will even approve  of the house they live in. Any money she may have given out before she got JS will dry up and the father and sister will find themselves working and doing the same things that they took for granted and looked down on from HJ. The shop that was about to close when JS came out of his military duty and is now successful due to HJ's hard work that they do not work at but see as a cash cow will dry up because the person who worked hard for it is gone. 

I think what I wish the most is for HJ to wake up faster but given this type of story line and HJ's character she will fight to the bitter end until she looses something she cares for the most. Once that is gone there are no more ties to JS and she will finally walk away from those people but at a high cost to herself. I also expect the same words HJ said to JS at the bank to be given back to her once he finally feels he has nothing to hide and wants to break with HJ. 

Who will first catch JS? I have no idea but HJ's brother or mom is a good choice or even his daughter. IF his sister or father see it they will not say a word because they do not care about HJ at all.Its going to get messy before it gets better that is for sure with we see HJ truly tortured for her decision to marry JS who she knew was so immature and a user. 

Its sad to see in the preview that he seems to be getting money from HJ and then walks away from her and she like a fool gives it to him not even really wondering about if his lie he told to get it is real. I suspect its for the new woman he is seeing but I guess we have to wait to next week to see for sure. Either way no one respects HJ in that family and she is just the money holder to them who they come to get cash when they need it. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4

5 hours ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

The real issue for JS and his family is she will not be a slave like HJ. There will be no housekeeping, laundry or cooking in that home once HJ is gone and the new woman moves in. I doubt she will even approve  of the house they live in. Any money she may have given out before she got JS will dry up and the father and sister will find themselves working and doing the same things that they took for granted and looked down on from HJ.

Ha! Can’t wait to see this happen! :naughty:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

It's partly HJ fault for marrying him in the first place. She settled as she didn't value herself in the first place. It's her fault for turning a blind eye to things and letting JS and is leechy family get away with what they are doing. Her brother even hit on this point when he said she always does this, she plays ostrich.  However her "letting herself go" should NEVER be used to assign blame to her. It shouldn't be used a reason to basically justify him cheating.

There are 24hrs in a day she runs a restaurant where she is the only chef, takes orders, is the waitress, does deliveries, is the cleaner, does all the prep work etc etc,  that'll be more than 12hrs of her day. gone. She gets home has to be mum and dad to her kid, do all the house work, and whatever errands the Leech family have for her to slave over. So she playing mum to 4 people. By time all that's done she has time to more or less nap wake up do the breakfast for her awesome daughter and the Leeches before going in early and getting prep work done in the restaurant before they open, rinse repeat.

She's the sole bread winner and with The Leeches pissing money down the drain she probably feel she can't afford to even take a day off. Plus she only just now turning the restaurant around so doesn't want to loose that foothold she just getting. So beg you please tell me where exactly is she going find time to hair salon and go pretty pretty up herself? 

My girl doesn't realise how important and valuable she is and how much power she actually has (she controls the purse strings, the Leeches should be under her thump dam it :naughty:). Self care wouldn't even cross her mind. She still thinks doing all this for the Leeches will bring her love and acceptance eventually the poor fool. Taking care of people is what she's down since she was a teenager it's her modus operandi she knows nothing else. The Leeches found the perfect dogsbody.

Also get the feeling she wasn't that experienced before JS. She got the young fine buck without any effort, without doing the usually courting rituals so doubt she even knows about keeping things spicy. Again she ain't even go time for that shiiitt even more so with my dude living all the way across town. He peddled his snake oil and this idiat fell for it. So yes it some ways she's made her bed but that twat has just dropped a bomb on her world. Here's hoping it wakes her up. Some time this week please writernim, I really can't be doing with this head in sand doormat behaviour for too much longer!

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

I understand now why the actor who plays the young husband Seo Ha-joon is rare on the promotion of this drama, he was not even there when they read the script, they still cast him, I hope that will be a second chance for him, everyone make mistakes

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, marrez1 said:

I understand now why the actor who plays the young husband Seo Ha-joon is rare on the promotion of this drama, he was not even there when they read the script, they still cast him, I hope that will be a second chance for him, everyone make mistakes

what happened? I read a comment elsewhere about some scandal but wasn't sure what it was reference to...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

what happened? I read a comment elsewhere about some scandal but wasn't sure what it was reference to...

Spoiler

It was a self-video of him alone doing something very private that actually many other men also do. The video got leaked somehow and he admitted it was him. 

What I am surprised is that given that kind of scandal, he didn’t mind taking up a comeback role that would be hated easily by viewers. Normally people will take up a safe role. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

8 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

What I am surprised is that given that kind of scandal, he didn’t mind taking up a comeback role that would be hated easily by viewers. Normally people will take up a safe role. 

ah I see; maybe he didn't want to be too picky as there weren't other roles offered to him? plus, negative roles can be a good chance to stretch one's acting capabilities....

• Like 6

On 11/24/2019 at 4:21 AM, tas82 said:

However her "letting herself go" should NEVER be used to assign blame to her. It shouldn't be used a reason to basically justify him cheating.

For  me letting herself go is not the reason I blame her and see his reason for cheating. For me she let herself go because she slaved and worked hard for people who do not even appreciate her. HJ should have loved herself and realized a long time ago that no one in that family except her daughter would care about her well being.  Sure , why dress up when you are working in a hot kitchen all day or running around all day and could get dirty. Not to mention cooking and cleaning at home as well. I totally understand her rumbled exterior. If JS was the right type of man for her he would have never let her slave like that and would have made sure to encourage her to take care of herself as well. HJ figured possibly since he was going to school and rarely home why look nice. But she hurt herself in doing it.

JS always had the potential to cheat in my view because he got out there and realized there was a lot more to life then what he knew. Once his view opened up it was only a matter of time before he crossed the line. Especially given he regrets marrying her now. The sad issue is he never once thought that he is the one to pull HJ in and now he wants something new and more interesting. When he finally comes clean (due to being busted) he will be an ungrateful and hateful man to HJ. He will only be mad that she ran up on him with that knife and never about the fact he lied to her and betrayed her. I still fault HJ in this because she let him when she knew he was prolly doing something he would hurt her for. HJ was willing to close her eyes and not find out for sure to not rock the boat but in the end she hurt herself in doing so. Her going along with his "sister" nonsense and allowing him to live apart to go to school was foolish not to mention handing over money to him and he still has not managed to pass after 6 years. HJ on some level is aware that JS is nothing but scum but she is trying to not expose that so she will not have to face the bad choices she made. 

Unfortunately for her JS will eventually make her face up to it. As I said in my last post I am just waiting on him to throw her words back at her about pitying her. His type will not care that he hurts the one person that was there for him as he has something shiny and new and seems to have money. The same with his family who do nothing to contribute but always have their hands out and they never think about how hard HJ worked to make that money for the family or that the money may be needed for the upkeep of the home and/or the business. The three of them will get slapped badly later with this new woman and when they want to look back at HJ with false regrets because what they imagined the new life would be with this new rich, younger, prettier (in their view) woman but instead is h* e* l lish for them. HJ is no longer the same woman they used nor will she stand for them interfering in her life. 

I am hoping that the writer is going with a story line where HJ will open her own shop. Her cooking is very good and she has taken classes. Once she is gone I can see even that one helper in the shop jumping ship to go work for HJ again while their shop slowly declines as the customers realize the taste they liked is no longer there. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

12 hours ago, marrez1 said:

So in the last episode, she is happy to have slept with her young husband , and everyone seems to have heard in the house, it's very funny she was singing in the morning:joy::mrgreen::joy:

It's funny but also sad. JS slept with her to shut her up and keep her clueless and still living in her fantasy world not wanting to look closer at what he is doing outside, but also to make sure he can get something from her when he needs it.  HJ sees this as a wonderful thing to be able to get her husbands affections after so long of his not touching her but in fact all she has done is hide her head in the sand once more. Its going to make his betrayal even worse if this new girl shows up pregnant in her face later forcing her to face the fact that her husband was cheating on her for so long and with the person she once asked if he was doing it with but he denied on top of this woman showing up saying she is pregnant to the house. 

What will be very funny is the girl thinks that HJ is JS's sister and goes to the house and tells HJ she is JS's girlfriend and is pregnant with his child. Having no clue that HJ is really JS"s wife. It will not matter because once she likes him she wants him no matter who she hurts and his family and JS will be all for moving out the "OLD" in HJ and moving in the "NEW" this so called rich girl. Since they never acknowledged or appreciated everything that HJ has done for the family they will not hesitate to try and kick out the slave they used for 7 years along with her daughter. Then HJ's real nightmare and headache begins and she will remember the so call Happy night she had with JS and realize what it was for while he left her bed and went to another woman. 

I doubt that you can count on one hand the number of times JS was home to sleep with HJ. I am sure once she was pregnant they did not and once he moved out to his little flat for school he barely came home to touch her especially when he had a new world of younger, prettier co-eds to look at on campus. This is the real issue as she is desperate to feel that JS still loves and wants her like he promised. 

I doubt that after she told him off in the bank concerning his love for her his crush for her was still real (even before I doubt he truly liked HJ). I always got the impression after that he set out to intentionally get HJ to marry him for spite. I am waiting to see if he throws that in HJ's face later. JS's actions in the beginning seem false and fake to me. Now he is just a man who is getting whatever he wants from the patsy he married. 

Unfortunately this is the journey HJ has to take on her own to be free later from JS and his family. It will come with some high losses for her (One I am hoping won't be true because I really like that kid of HJ's, but I feel that is the only way for her to wake up and face how she has not only been used by JS and his family for 7 long years but they truly cared nothing for her or her child. All she was to them was the help and a ATM. ) but later she will end up with the right man (who will have to fight to win her heart after what JS did to her)  for herself and live a better life then the one she once did because of poor judgement and starry eyes. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

@Ldy Gmerm ~ this episode was also frustrating to see the mom working in hae jin's restaurant. I can totally understand cheol jin's irritation and advice that the mom not work there. just because hae jin is slaving away, does that mean they throw away their dignity as a family? the mom is not helping hae jin one bit. if she really wanted to help, then, she should have sat jin sang down and asked him and his family to contribute more. but then again, hae jin is such a doormat that the only time she sees value in herself is when she is being taken advantage of. but there are times when her kindness can be helpful like her going to give the writer porridge and helping his son by being there for him. poor kiddo, must have been so scared and shocked otherwise -- so it will make sense when the kid gets really attached to her later.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

11 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@Ldy Gmerm ~ this episode was also frustrating to see the mom working in hae jin's restaurant. I can totally understand cheol jin's irritation and advice that the mom not work there. just because hae jin is slaving away, does that mean they throw away their dignity as a family? the mom is not helping hae jin one bit. if she really wanted to help, then, she should have sat jin sang down and asked him and his family to contribute more. but then again, hae jin is such a doormat that the only time she sees value in herself is when she is being taken advantage of. but there are times when her kindness can be helpful like her going to give the writer porridge and helping his son by being there for him. poor kiddo, must have been so scared and shocked otherwise -- so it will make sense when the kid gets really attached to her later.

We are definitely in the frustrating I want to pull my hair out stage at HJ being an ostrich and not facing up to the problems with her husband and his family. I want to give HJ a good shake for not listening to her own 7 year old child who has thrown her hands up in frustration at her mother continuing to allow them to treat her that way. This only proves that the only way for HJ to truly wake up something bad has to happen. 

• Like 6

Honestly, I think the mom just wants to be with her daughter, and that’s why she goes to work at the restaurant every day. Plus, it makes her feel better that she is helping her daughter not be as frazzled. But it is definitely a silly thing to do because it is postponing the inevitable, which is the breakup. After all, HJ wil have to break down physically or emotionally or both to leave that awful family. However, for a caring mother, that’s practically impossible to see.

• Like 7

Watching today's episode, and I am very offended by Juri calling that Pringle for H&M sweater cheap!  My friend and I both saw it and loved it, and the matching skirt, on sight, and I spent ages hunting down the right size and that exact model - there were three different versions - to get the whole outfit and I wear the whole thing when it's cold.  It's really pretty, and the wool is very warm and something to pull out for ice-cold days for a few years yet.  

Spoiler

And those two nincompoops spending all their money on a hotel suite is so ridiculous.  No wonder JS can't pass his exams or study.  He only cares about enjoying himself in the moment.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

On 11/24/2019 at 9:18 AM, Lmangla said:

ah I see; maybe he didn't want to be too picky as there weren't other roles offered to him? plus, negative roles can be a good chance to stretch one's acting capabilities....

Maybe because this show will have him be sorry as well at the end. Dailies nearly always have villainous exes be sad about their wrongdoings.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, tulip06 said:

And those two nincompoops spending all their money on a hotel suite is so ridiculous.  No wonder JS can't pass his exams or study.  He only cares about enjoying himself in the moment.

it would have been surprising if he had actually saved money because it is so clear that he has never had to be accountable for anything. look at his shocked expression that the owner lady was actually kicking him out for unpaid rent. what did he expect? it is clear that he has no idea how things work even. it feels like hae jin really protected him by doing all the heavy lifting and he was left to act like a younger brother who was free to float around.

but in this episode, it was nice to see that hae jin is not some saint. yea, she helps the writer out by staying in the hospital but that is mainly because of the son. she is reluctantly doing it but not jumping in to help him out like some saint. so progress? thought it was sweet that her brother and mother took little gwang ju in for the night and tried to make him as comfortable as possible. poor kid, he was so shocked.

part of me feels sorry for juri -- she was so starved for affection that she latched on to this guy she met on her father's birthday and believes he was a gift. it doesn't even strike her to ask any real questions. looks like both her half-brother and mother see her as kind of trouble. it was interesting that juri thinks money is pointless if you don't have love in your life. makes me wonder if she will get kicked out of the family for choosing jin sang and he will be forced to grow up. that would be interesting if that happens...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it was interesting that juri thinks money is pointless if you don't have love in your life. makes me wonder if she will get kicked out of the family for choosing jin sang and he will be forced to grow up. that would be interesting if that happens...

Or, Jinsang family thought they hit a jackpot in Juri, but she thought she found true love and decided to give up all her fortune ;):D  Sorry I just refuse to imagine letting Jinsang and family have an easy life via Juri 

• Like 4