[Drama 2019-2020] Wanna Taste?, 맛 좀 보실래요

nohamahamoud2002

but and the brother of HJ, when his love story begins I want to see that too, I hope he is not just a support in this drama, for the moment there is nothing for him, Yes, he supports his family, he is very present, but I want more

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

but and the brother of HJ, when his love story begins I want to see that too, I hope he is not just a support in this drama, for the moment there is nothing for him, Yes, he supports his family, he is very present, but I want more

I don’t mind a love line for CJ, but please not with Jinsang’s sister. Unless she goes through not a plastic surgery, but a major character/personality surgery... is that even possible for her? I feel like she and the father are a lost cause. Ordering food only when HJ not home and also not bothering to leave some food for her. 

• Like 7

Just now, ktcjdrama said:

I don’t mind a love line for CJ, but please not with Jinsang’s sister. Unless she goes through not a plastic surgery, but a major character/personality surgery... is that even possible for her? I feel like she and the father are a lost cause. Ordering food only when HJ not home and also not bothering to leave some food for her. 

same here; would love to see a love line for cheol jin as long it is not jin bong. she and father are really a lost cause.

31 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

am hoping that jin sang will somehow end up working under cheol jin and jin sang ends up suffering lots! yea, I would love to see more of cheol jin. he makes sane and responsible attractive.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

@Lmangla Juri will buckle because she will be pregnant and what else will they do with the baby? The brother won't want it.

The sister will end up working under CJ as well, perhaps as an actress.

Lol I was thinking the same thing. She gonna be preggers and off course he and his horrid family will choose the cash cow. 

JS needs a shrink they way how he genuinely believes HJ is to blame for everything he's one seriously deluded bastard.

I really hope seeing his kid in such a state will bring my dude to his senses and he'll finally tell that thing that's his so called wife where to f off to.

• Like 8

@tas82 The person who needs a shrink is Haejin. What is wrong with her that she is such a leech with people? She let JS eat all her family's dinners before when he was only Cheol Jin's schoolmate, she is living with her in-laws who hate her and there is nothing stopping her living with her own family, and she is always in people's faces and sniggering about it.

I seriously cannot wait until she gets a grip. She was at least nice and professional when she was single and working at the bank.  That better side of her needs to come out again. It's promised in the poster for this show.

• Like 7

@tulip06 ~ kind of mean but I am also looking forward to hae jin's world collapsing and her learning to get a grip. even in yesterday's episode, jin sang is already blaming her. she said that she has slogged in the restaurant and taken care of his bills. his response was "I didn't ask you to do that. it was your choice." -- so his whole family will shrug off her efforts and see it as her problem. even her brother and mother have been frustrated with her as they have been warning her. so it will definitely be cold water to hear it from the person she least expected.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

well at least for now, juri is not giving into jin sang that fast. was surprised that he couldn't come up with a ready made excuse like he does with hae jin. did he never think he would get caught? he thinks declaring his love for juri will move her so much that she would forgive him immediately. instead, she snorts and just gets into a taxi and leaves. it was funny to see him so shocked that someone didn't buy his stupid excuses or dramatic behaviour. :D

he comes home and picks a fight with hae jin. he blames hae jin for holding him back and asks his dad why he wasn't stopped from getting married. unlike jin sang, dad does not have selective amnesia and just rolls his eyes at that. he drags jin sang before more hurtful words come out. there was funny continuity error which shows the scene was filmed twice. so the first time, hae jin picked up all the sushi from the ground already. in the second frame, she again picks the same sushi while crying "what about me? what about my life?" I was too distracted by the sushi to pay attention to hae jin LOL. :lol:

am not sure what dae oh expects from his wife at all.like  @tas82 said, this woman is no mom and there is no getting around that. he might as well kick her out of the house if she is not going to pull her weight. since she lacks maternal instinct, he gives some upfront money to hae jin to feed gwang ju after school whenever he drops by. at school, one of the students shakes him up when asked if there is any point in having dreams.if adults give up, why can't children. dae oh has a drink and on his way runs into hae jin. he mutters that without a dream, there is no point to life. we then see the ending where he seems to be contemplating jumping off the roof. what do chingus think? is this hae jin's imagination? or is it really dae oh on the roof?

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

I think he is really on the roof for further reflection on giving up his writer’s dream. But moving forward to the edge is probably for another reason which HJ will misunderstand for him wanting to jump. 

Oh man, it’s so unbelievable the way Jinsang blames HJ for what happened <_< The only time I kinda like dad a bit was when he pulled Jinsang away from HJ. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

what do chingus think? is this hae jin's imagination? or is it really dae oh on the roof?

I was wondering the same thing, if it was her imagination or he really was on the roof just like JH's wife imagining her husband in his office smooching on DG's wife. Something tells me DG's wife's infatuation with JH is one sided and her wanting an upgrade in lifestyle.

Once we get out of the "pulling my hair out phase" HJ is going to throw in the towel with JS and is father and sister. At that point they will have to take over the restaurant and run it themselves. That is when it will hit them what they had in HJ. (another element from Happy Sisters)

• Like 5

I don't feel sorry for HJ, but I was actually impressed the FIL stopped JS from directly yelling at her and even looked concerned at her crying.

HJ has no business crying, "What about my life?"  She chose to live the way she did.  She even seems to enjoy it most of the time.   Even when the FIL and SIL are after her for money, it's from the restaurant that they own, even if HJ runs it. So, it's just really hard to feel sorry for her. 

Anyway, looks like Jin Sang is getting more and emotionally and verbally abusive with HJ.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Oh man, it’s so unbelievable the way Jinsang blames HJ for what happened <_< 

am not surprised though because it is quite clear that jin sang literally sees her as a sister. he has been reacting with embarrassment every time hae jin comes to campus. now that the cat is out of the bag for juri, he blames her as the source.

39 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Anyway, looks like Jin Sang is getting more and emotionally and verbally abusive with HJ.

his actions are showing up in a way that is now registering with hae jin on how unhappy he is. he had clearly checked out of the marriage long ago. by moving out to university campus, he had created this identity as a single student without a care. the marriage was literally a shell and everyone knew it except hae jin who thought it was still something...

in many ways, he and dae oh's wife are very similar. they are both selfish and do not wish to be parents. anything that reminds them of responsibilities or parenthood is treated with disdain. neither see their spouses as partners and totally disrespect them. the difference is that hae jin is an ostrich and has thought it is acceptable whereas dae oh knows it is not okay but is not sure what is the next step. he is closer to kicking out his wife.

• Like 6

I am truly not surprised and was waiting for JS to say that HJ "ruined" things for him (forget that he was cheating on his wife in the first place!) he will slowly continue to verbally abuse her and put her down outright. 

Spoiler

In his mind he forgets he is the one to chase her and sleep with her when she was drunk forcing her to have to marry him. He forgets how he told her brother he loved her so much and promised to be with her always and protect her.  He may not have told HJ to do so much for him and his family but he never told her not to either. Instead he reaped the benefits of her working herself like a slave for his family and him enjoying the freedom, the trust and the money she gave to him. He was not stupid to stop the cash flow he was getting while enjoying the freedom to run around like he was single. And not to have to deal with his sister and father as well. 

With his type of character he will not realize what he lost until much later and by then he will never be able to get it back.  He is scum with an ego and arrogance and once he is able to truly lock down Su Ri he will get the big head and feel that nothing can stop him and it does not matter if he completely comes out and says nasty things to HJ then because in his mind he has SR and she is his backing. He will have better than HJ so there is no need for her anymore. 

I can't feel too bad for HJ at this moment. Her mother and brother tried to tell her. Even her own kid tried to tell her not to mention even his family tried to wake her up in some way. Everyone including a stranger (the landlady) tried to tell HJ what JS was really like but she refused to listen instead wanting to keep her deluded view of him and their relationship. All the clues were there and she decided to suspend her intelligence to continue to believe in his lies and half truths. Learning the truth will not only blow up her world and hurt her but it will also wake her up and make her start over free from her own stupidity. 

We all know she will be devastated when SR shows up in her face the next time confirming the relationship. Will it be because SR is pregnant or will it just be she is there to tell HJ that she and JS have been together and HJ who is older needs to leave him? It really does not matter her world will blow up and its her own stupidity in staying where no one truly appreciated her. They took advantage of her kindness and her support for 7 years. All she got for her troubles was in laws who only saw her as help and a husband who regretted marrying her and forgot all his promises to her. A man who did not appreciate anything she did for him and instead sees her working hard for him as her own stupidity. 

Once she is free of him and moving on she will realize the truth of this. I think for HJ the worst thing for her will be having to face how wrong she was about JS and how she made a fool of herself in front of so many including her daughter who tried and tried to wake her up.

HJ allowed herself to be used and tossed away by JS. JS is scum but HJ knew how immature he was and she saw his character before she married him. HJ became a victim of her own rose colored glasses. She let her view of JS being without a mother hurt her. JS played her well by talking up missing his mother and HJ fell for it. Once he got what he wanted he was done and moved on to living his life like he was single. HJ condoned and enabled his behavior which created who JS is now 7 years later. Once she works through her mistakes and pain she will be stronger.

I doubt that SR will end up carrying a child to term if she ends up pregnant. I just hope that we do not have problems for HJ's daughter. I like this kid and DH's kid as well. The only problem I have is I do not want JS trying to use that child to get HJ back later. I doubt it will happen because I believe once HJ starts over she will never look back at JS again. 

It's for sure that JS will look back once HJ gets a make over (looking awesome) and starts to be successful not to mention there are too many connections between the CEO (SR's step brother) and DH so once he knows that another man is around HJ and likes her and she is doing so well he will try to turn his head back. I do not feel sorry for SR because she may not have known in the beginning that he was married but what she did after finding out is the problem. I will thank her for freeing HJ but she will not be happy with JS because he is a very selfish and lazy man who only wants a "quick" way to riches and fame. SR will not be as trusting as HJ but she will still want to hold on to this man who she thinks is the answer to her need for love. The sad thing is I see her in the same place HJ once was and that is JS cheating or at least looking back to his ex wife. There is no fault except her own for not walking way and staying away from JS when she found out he was married. The fact that she came back proves her character later. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

well it looks like juri's resolve is not lasting long. based on preview, she is back with jin sang even though she was ignoring him in this episode.

@rolisrntex ~ found the confusion between dae gu and hae jin amusing. the guy just wanted a smoke and he gets a back hug from an ajummah who thinks he is going to jump. makes me wonder if hae jin will end up trying to harm herself and he is the one who catches her in that moment.

felt really sorry for gwang ju -- the kid is so psychologically stressed because of the mom that he is wetting his pants. dae gu needs to kick out this actress for his child's sake. it looks like the actress has also had a very negative affect on dae gu in terms of writing. cheol jin actually asks ju hun whether dae oh is divorced because the writing after his marriage was dark and very unhappy. so a new relationship with hae jin is certainly going to boost his writing and create happy dramas that viewers want to watch. and if his dramas were dark and unhappy, it makes sense why they were flops. am squarely in the 'give me happy endings' category as a viewer.

@tulip06 ~ yea, I wonder if korean viewers find hae jin as exasperating as us. felt like eye rolling when she gives jin sang the money. doesn't she learn? why is she trying to buy his attention?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

makes me wonder if hae jin will end up trying to harm herself and he is the one who catches her in that moment.

I was thinking the same too. One day he’s going to return those words she said to him when her world come crashing down. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

makes me wonder if hae jin will end up trying to harm herself and he is the one who catches her in that moment.

The thought that crossed my mind was at the very beginning of episode 1 we see HJ sharpen a knife in the kitchen of the restaurant in a rain coat. Then she goes to the motel where JS and JR are shacking up and while they are asleep she raises the knife to stab JR. Would that be the scene where DG walks in and stops her and keeps her from ruining her own life?

• Like 5

Thanks to that preview,

Spoiler

Juri lost my sympathy.  She knows Jin Sang has a child and she is still ready to cheat with him.  

@ktcjdrama People have to hit rockbottom, at times, to pick themselves up.

I noticed in this latest episode that the mom calls out HJ for making a lot of money with her restaurant but never keeping any of it.  And HJ just does that embarrassed snigger.  We all know where the money goes: supporting the layabouts.  

• Like 4