[Drama 2019-2020] Wanna Taste?, 맛 좀 보실래요

nohamahamoud2002

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

From preview, looks like Mom will accept JB after all, with a condition that she cut ties with the Lees. 

in the website I watch, one of the commentators translated it slightly differently -- mom said she will agree but cut ties with this couple as well. basically, go do your thing but don't bother me kind of phrasing. am hoping this is the way the arc is going. if it is, then I will be able to watch this week's episodes. am still not motivated to watch based on the comments and recaps. am all for redemption but please, no abrupt personality transplants and expecting people to just forgive you with one word of "sorry".

• Like 8
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

in the website I watch, one of the commentators translated it slightly differently -- mom said she will agree but cut ties with this couple as well. basically, go do your thing but don't bother me kind of phrasing. am hoping this is the way the arc is going. if it is, then I will be able to watch this week's episodes. am still not motivated to watch based on the comments and recaps. am all for redemption but please, no abrupt personality transplants and expecting people to just forgive you with one word of "sorry".

A chingu translate the preview :

OB says (in the preview). “Fine, I’ll give my consent, but they will be banned from entering my home and we will cut all ties.” So basically she’s not really approving. She’s saying that if CJ marries JB, they will no longer be family.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

ake this clone back and return us the original YR. I now worry that she will be a brat towards DG-GJ too.

I'm sure she will. Especially GJ, she is going to mistreat him. If I were HJ, at that point I would pack all her sh...stuff and tell her, "Well you're a Lee anyway. So congrats. You're going to live with your Dad permanently."

• Like 6

2 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

I'm sure she will. Especially GJ, she is going to mistreat him. If I were HJ, at that point I would pack all her sh...stuff and tell her, "Well you're a Lee anyway. So congrats. You're going to live with your Dad permanently."

I agree....:tears:

Although I think eventually she will come back to her senses.  It may be her grandmother that will make her realize how much her mom was there for her and everyone.  Its time that she has someone that loves and treats her the way she deserves.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Today's episode, my heart goes out to JR. Yes she did bad things towards HJ, I haven't forgotten that. But the way the Lee family treated her today is a bit too much, especially JS. He said stuff that he should really say to himself, and some really hurtful things. Basically he blamed JR for his state of life *rolleyes* I really want to reach into the screen and smack him. He probably doesn't have a mirror at home (read: in life) to look at himself. I support JR leaving him and go marry that oppa live in the US. 

YR... gosh, I agree with @tas82, take this clone back and return us the original YR. I now worry that she will be a brat towards DG-GJ too. Actually even for JB also, it seems like we're seeing a clone with different personality now. 

From preview, looks like Mom will accept JB after all, with a condition that she cut ties with the Lees. 

I watched it raw, and I could see how nasty they all were after JR had decided to try hard with them. They are a terrible family.

• Like 7

I’m sorry, but I have to respectfully disagree about JR.  She continues to have a nasty attitude and wants everything her way.  Yes, YR is a brat who is matching JR’s childish behavior tit-for-tat.  She’s supposed to be an adult.  She’s getting exactly what she deserves.  JS is wrong for talking to her the way he does, and pushing her to the ground was way out of line.  His guilty conscience is eating him alive. YAY!!!!  So, now JR is going to run away.  Her mother is useless, by the way.

• Like 4

I'm still holding out hope that the mysterious oppa with a fire in his pants for JR is secretly working with JW.

So next week we'll see JS finally learn that his meal ticket just flew the coop along with the $175,000 ring! And JH will fire JS once they're no longer related. Now we'll have useless pregnant JB, useless jobless JS, useless grandpa and snotty YR living in the house. Broke Leeches? Bring it on!

I'm hoping that CJ and JB do move in together and cut ties with OB. I need CJ to have a hard dose of reality about the person he so hastily married. Brace yourself, buddy. The 'conveniently Catholic when I feel like it' JB ain't wife material and she ain't mother material no matter how much you 'like' her. Wake up and smell the leech, CJ.

It boggles my mind that JB's level of clinginess is seen as genuine love by CJ. 

So when is DG going to meet little YR? And how soon will doormat HJ correct her misbehaving misinformed daughter?

• Like 5
  • Awesome 3

On 3/13/2020 at 12:21 PM, tulip06 said:

I watched it raw, and I could see how nasty they all were after JR had decided to try hard with them. They are a terrible family.

This is what I was most disappointed with. JR came back because JW made her realize her choice in JS even when she knew he had a family.  She was trying and instead of them "Checking" YR who has become a little monster to someone way older then her self JS blames her for having had enough of the little brat. I didn't like that she pushed YR but at the same time a child talking to an adult they way YR did and then throwing dishes and food on the floor deserves to have her butt hit a few times. It should have been within her right as the stepmom to discipline YR or tell JS to do it but instead of anyone listening to her they all jumped on her as the bad guy.  The words he said to her is exactly why in the end he will get a huge slap down when he learns he is not legally married to JR and thus gave up 175,000 for nothing. He will end up out on his rear end at the company too. 

JS let JR be the little princess she was while he took her money. Once he married her the behavior became un-cute.  Then he started to realize what he lost out on when HJ left. The woman was still paying the bills in the house and yet they wanted her to do more and more. When she finally decides to try they all turn on her. It amazes me how he thought he could talk to JR that way when her money is what is keeping them afloat. He dares to talk about her family when his is not perfect either. I am not saying that JR did not deserve this for how she did HJ but at the same time YR should have been made to respect her elders even if she did not like her. 

It will not surprise me at all if JR ups and just leaves with barely a note to JS letting  him know in the note that they are not married and she will not return that ring, using it as payment for all the money she spent on them!

Now on to CJ and his mother. I understand her pain and anger and her not wanting to have her other child associated with that family. But if she cuts ties with CJ he has two options, one is for them to live on their own. Not sure how that will happen since he took out a loan already to help HJ with getting that shop. The second is they live with her family and quite frankly I would never want another one of my children living in that household. My opinion is to accept, but work JBong to death letting her get a taste of what her selfishness brought her. If she wants to continue to cling to the man even though she knows he could loose his mom and sister then let her get a taste of what it means to have to really work and heel to someone for a change. At least she is sane enough to know that without that child she will not have CJ, but she is still selfish enough to want to hold on to him despite both sides hating it. At least her family knows she is not a catch for CJ and that his family may never accept the relationship. 

Shifting gears to DG.. I would have taken that money that JH tried to make him the middle man for and go buy a darn flat for YRan myself to ensure this witch got out. I would pack her bags and take them to the new flat and then go home change my door code and text her the address and door code of her new home. Letting her know if she steps back into that flat or within 50 feet I am calling the cops to report her for going against the restraining order!

JH has some nerve to put money into DG's account after what went down and that they are no longer friends. This goes to show that door codes, back accounts, seals etc should all be changed once people we have stop being friends with (or married to) leave or we break ties with.  I was totally creeped out by JH doing this. This means he could hide anything in DG account because obviously DG does not use a bank that will send him a text when his balance changes!!

JH is in for a world of hurt. JW is about to stick it to him and I can't wait for her to do it. He is so arrogant and stupid I have no words. He thinks the only thing he will loose is is wife huh? I don't think that will be all he looses. His wife is about to open his eyes to the fact that he is not as smart as he thought he was and she is nobody's fool. I can't wait for his mouth to fall open when she pulls out all of the evidence of his cheating. JW is going to make him look like a jumping clown and he will end up kicked out of that company for his behavior. He tried to play JW when she chose to let him go but he still walked around like he did nothing and dared to act like he has nothing to loose. Well JW is going to show him exactly what he will loose when she gets started on him. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

so I finally watched this week's episodes; yuran, jeon won, jun hu triangle was riveting. yuran for all her ghastly temper has no illusions about herself. she knows that she is terrible and bullies her way to get what she wants. she is selfish and it is all about her but she doesn't pretend to be someone else. jin bong in contrast is a hypocritical selfish brat who thinks she is a lovable princess. eye roll. <_<

so I want to contrast this with a redemption arc from another drama, "I am a mother too",  which was actually poignant, realistic and really good to watch.  @rolisrntex also watched that drama with me and knows how awful that villain lady was and we were truly surprised at how the redemption arc was handled so beautifully. her post jail behaviour was fascinating to watch and it also highlighted the problems ex prisoners face in rebuilding their life. so here's points from a redemption arc that actually worked:

Spoiler

~ the villain gave an apology where she clearly outlined the mistakes she had made. there was no white washing or dismissing under some excuse. vs jin bong has not acknowledged her actions. she has dismissed them under the excuse that she was immature but she has not acknowledged the impact of her actions. hae jin clearly tells her that while dad was mean, he at least offered some support to her from time to time. jin bong never offered her anything. jin bong doesn't even acknowledge what hae jin said and instead talks about her own feelings "I love cheol jin" -- ugh stupid girl, an apology is not about your feelings. :unamused:

~ the villain did not demand that the wronged parties accept her apology. she knew and accepted that they may not forgive but felt she owed them an apology. she did not emotionally harass them by staying longer than needed and understood that her very presence was painful to them. vs jin bong is upset that she is not getting her way. she also is just like her brother and is resorting to emotional blackmail "I am going to stay here till you forgive me". umm, forgiveness cannot be received on demand. :crazy:

~ the villain did not resort to whining and held herself with pride and dignity. she didn't keep blabbering that she is a changed woman and people need to give her a chance. she knew that life doesn't work that way. instead, she showed through her actions that she had indeed moved on and earned others respect. vs jin bong thinks that changing her name and dressing style will somehow make her a new person. she insists that people look at this jin ju and pretend that jin bong doesn't exist. yet, at every interaction with juri, the selfish mean jin bong comes roaring back. umm, what change you moron. like @tulip06 noted, this family has no respect for their meal ticket and seems determined to treat all their daughter-in-laws awful.

~ the villain really introspected on what led to her actions. she did not make excuses for her past but understood how her past has shaped her actions and what she needs to let go in order to heal and change. vs jin bong is still a spoiled princess. there was no introspection and her kindness was motivated by her wanting to look good in front of cheol jin. she blames jin sang and even the dad with her "why was I born into this family?" but conveniently forgets her role and actions as part of this family. she even pushes her father into supporting her because she will just die otherwise. emotional manipulation!

~ the villain did not treat forgiveness like a transaction where she has to get something out of it. vs at least dad and jin sang acknowledge that cheol jin's family will never accept them because of the past. however, jin bong treats the baby like something to manipulate cheol jin into marrying her. this forgiveness is about her getting her way because she wants him.

~ the villain accepted that there are consequences to actions and the past cannot be undone with just a "sorry". vs jin bong doesn't even acknowledge the pain and hurt of hae jin or her mom or how they will feel. it is all about how she feels about cheol jin, about her wanting marriage.

in short, a true redemption arc requires accountability, acknowledgement, responsibility and moving on. when that happens, we viewers can cheer for the character. it certainly did not happen here.

what is really sad is how both cheol jin and jin bong refuse to even acknowledge the pain they are bringing to hae jin and mom. they keep talking about their own feelings. felt so bad about mom that she was forced and pushed into being the bad guy. why is she being treated that way where she feels like she has lived too long? :(  hae jin acknowledges to her mother how hurt she is and even tells jin bong that she doesn't want to be involved with this family at all. however, she is not able to truly tell cheol jin how she feels. the writer seems to be aware of how viewers feel as mom especially is voicing our concerns.

am not sure where this arc is going but just the way it is written, it is difficult to predict. jin bong is keenly aware that only this baby is holding their relationship together. she keeps saying that she will die without cheol jin and therefore, they all need to forgive her -- stupid girl, what about people who break up? get divorced? <_< eye roll. she never asks if he truly loves her. he on the other hand talks about being responsible and how she is cute. he likes jin ju but does he like jin bong? it is an illusion he is in love with. not sure why but it feels like cheol jin - jin bong arc will not get a true happy ending. instead, it might be like jin sang and juri relationship which combusted and both parties are wondering why they ever got involved with each other.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

Will CJ be one of the ones who decides on the casting?

CJ to Yuran: "You would be really good in this part - But you're divorced and we can't have that."

CJ to JB: "There's a part in our new drama that you would be really good in BUT you're pregnant."

By the way, why is CJ running out of his office? What can he stop?

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

@Lmangla 

@Ldy Gmerm Excellent posts! You are both amazing writers! 

Re Yuran: she has gone from an annoyance to someone fascinating just because she is so shameless. I rather love it and secretly support her getting a drama comeback despite everything, as long as she leaves GJ alone.

I don't mind her annoying DG, though. :lol: It's fun seeing him frustrated. Everyone knows he can just throw her out, or even that he could have bought her a place with that money to make sure as someone said, so he is just being weak here. GJ is the worry, but I think she will leave him alone now that things are clearly over with JH. (She blamed DG and GJ for getting in her way with JH, but now she knows JH will never be with her and they are irrelevant, so she probably won't be mad at them to point of violence anymore.)

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

@Lmangla Beautiful analysis of the redemption arc. I am still amazed at how the writer transformed the villain from "I'm a Mother Too" from someone the viewers wished would just die to someone we all cheered for and they did it in the last three weeks of a six month long drama. Very very good script writing. Also excellent acting from Woo Hee-Jin.

@Ldy Gmerm Very good writing and analysis. I missed your posts between "Happy Sisters" and now. :thumbsup:

• Like 5
  • Love 1

After watching subs on the last episode finally I now understand. Thank goodness HJ said it first that her mom should let them marry so she can get revenge on Jbong for all she did and said to her. Her mother thought HJ was trying to fool her, but I think that HJ meant it she would work Jbong to death if her mom approved of them. What can Jbong say she begged to have them say yes to marriage now she will have to suck it up.

So the subs have mom approving after pouring water on the dad and Jbong coming to kneel as well she will approve but his precious daughter will have to cut ties with the Lee family. He said he would do anything so now he has will have to prove it. Let him live without this precious daughter of his since he wanted CJ's mom to accept her. I found it highly ironic how Jbong is his precious daughter, but he never thought of HJ as someone's precious child when they used her, mistreated her and worked her like a dog. He says he can't live without Jbong now he will have to as she will become someones wife and leave his household.  Jbong will have to suck it up and experience everything HJ did and she can't complain! Are the angry, shocked or upset at CJ's mom's requirement for her to approve? Does it really matter? Jbong's selfishness is about to give her the payout she wanted but she will not like what she has to do to get what she wants, but then again it's easy to say you will treat someone right or feel sorry for past deeds when there is something you want.  

Watching the subs of JR being mistreated was just as bad as the raw only I now have the dialogue to go with it. YR was beyond a brat! She ruined the food by pouring soy sauce in it. She knocks over dishes and swipes food to the floor and what do they say to JR when she yells and pushes her that even if YR did that she should not have yelled at her??!!Are these people crazy? (wait, yes!) They defended this bad behavior and unloaded on JR when they really should have been disciplining YR for acting out. I was shocked he even dared to push it all on JR about her pushing him to marry her. If he was not as eager as her could this have happened? Then they dare to say she has no right to discipline YR? I don't blame her for leaving but not without my coat and purse or better yet packed my things and left. I say go to the states with that man the Lees are about to get it. 

Later we see YR telling JS that she came there to get JR kicked out on purpose so he can go back to her mom, but JS knows that is impossible now given the situation with Jbong and CJ. (NOT GOING TO HAPPEN KID!! Thank goodness for your uncle! CJ really took one for the home team this time.. ) At this point JS should have been disciplining her for the way she has been acting and realized he should have not treated JR that way. It does not matter at this point he will learn the hard way that he will not continue as he has been. He did a disservice to his daughter and his wife but by the time he gets it about JR she is gone and he has nothing to show for it.  

Yran, Yran, Yran.... every time I see her on the screen I want to shake her. She is so rude and does not care that she looks like a crazy, selfish shrew in front of everyone including her son. At least she owns her crazy while others act like nothing is wrong. I am interested to see what she is doing DG's laptop in the preview. Did she learn he wrote a script that has been accepted? Or did she see a notice that they are about to cast and she is going to want someone to cast her? I feel like its a combination of both. She will want DG to either help her or try to get JH to do so. The deciding factor is going to be CJ I bet and JW will not be far behind. Yran will never be able to make a comeback without someone exposing everything about her once again. 

I will say it again JH is going down hard. His words to Yran about only loosing his wife if the affair came out were in poor taste. I was offended for JW's character and JW saw it the same way I did that it would be so easy to loose her or she was worthless to him that he did not care if he lost her. JW is setting up a scam on JH. Her plan to use her father's money as bait will be just what she needs to take everything from him. By the time he realizes he has been scammed it will be too late. He will be made a fool of just like he tried to make a fool out of JW. I see JW as sizzling with internal anger at this clown she is married to. Dangling investment money from her father in front of JH to move into recording music and making a hit boy group like BTS is just the thing needed. JW will goad him into doing it only to pull the wrong out from under him taking everything away. I say go for it JW! Its past time that JH got a lesson for his behavior and lost everything!!

• Like 4
  • Love 2

52 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

At this point JS should have been disciplining her for the way she has been acting and realized he should have not treated JR that way.

I thought about this too but realized he himself is still a child learning to tell the right from wrong, so I guess we won’t see him teaching the little girl the right way to think/behave anytime soon :lol:

52 minutes ago, Ldy Gmerm said:

Did she learn he wrote a script that has been accepted? Or did she see a notice that they are about to cast and she is going to want someone to cast her? I feel like its a combination of both.

I think so too. Curious to see how she is going to charm her way into the industry again. Gotta say she is a good actress given how she can smile so friendly and be nasty vicious the next second. She just went about her return the wrong way, mixing career ambition and personal pleasure in JH. If only she concentrated on one first, she could’ve achieved something. 

You guys made me wanna watch I’m a Mother Too. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

@Lmangla Beautiful analysis of the redemption arc. I am still amazed at how the writer transformed the villain from "I'm a Mother Too" from someone the viewers wished would just die to someone we all cheered for and they did it in the last three weeks of a six month long drama. Very very good script writing. Also excellent acting from Woo Hee-Jin.

hands down, it remains one of the most memorable redemption arcs of any drama. :wub: it was so well written and well acted. loved that it showed not only a character's journey but also highlighted a relevant societal problem in how difficult it is for ex prisoners to reenter society. I loved that she never got a personality transplant and instead, she remained someone with a lot of pride and a bit of world weary cynicism. instead of being bitter, that cynicism meant no pity parties or expecting hand outs. loved how her former business talent and experience comes into play and she uses that to create this co-op venture where ex-prisoners and single mothers can find employment. even though it was a social venture, it was still about profits -- that bit of her still remains but I enjoyed how it is now tempered by pragmatism and wanting everyone, including distributors and suppliers, to do well. so it was a well-rounded redemption arc where it covered both professional and personal fronts.

here, I am honestly not sure what to think. jin bong went through so many plastic surgeries to become an actress and all of a sudden, her sole ambition was to snag a boyfriend? eye roll. <_< the one she was chasing persistently initially because she wanted a role? so what happened to those aspirations? nothing in that trajectory makes any sense but I am hoping the writer will put it together well in the end. at this moment, it feels like a strangely written mess.

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

You guys made me wanna watch I’m a Mother Too. 

it is a good drama even though all of the characters and situations are very much over the top and quite makjang. :lol: LOL. what was interesting is explores different aspects of motherhood including the unpleasant -- meaning what about women who don't really want to be moms? the villain for a variety of reasons has very conflicting feelings about motherhood -- her husband is almost forced by his parents to divorce her because she has trouble conceiving and this is something that cuts her deep as a woman. so, she sees motherhood as a tool rather than something good and basically gets more and more greedy in a desperate attempt to feel powerful and not helpless. the whole time, the husband keeps saying "where is this woman I fell in love with?", all of us in the thread were rolling our eyes. but during the redemption arc, we meet that woman and we were like "no wonder he fell madly in love. she is actually rather cool!" .....

there are several characters in this drama who are actually fascinating to watch because their actions are quite atypical -- yuran, juri, jeon won, step mom. however, the writer is doing some abrupt scenes that it is difficult to understand. maybe it is the PD choice? for example with yuran, we go from her being a gleeful succubus to scenes where she is depressed and almost giving up on herself. the sudden tonal changes feel strange.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1