[Drama 2023] Romantic Doctor, Teacher Kim (Season 3), 낭만닥터 김사부 시즌3

0ly40

That sumo Mr Goo not around anymore?

The A&E resident looks cute the first two episodes but after ep.4, I wonder what's her role. You really couldn't tell she is an A&E doctor if we skip the first two episodes.....She is just walking up and down the corridor most of the time.

Every doctor has a reason to be in Doldam. I wonder what's the story of that orthopaedic surgeon.

• Like 5

@corey Thanks:). I started the first episode and I like it so far. 

Ohh, I was wondering why the new chairman was bad news. Guess there is bad blood between them. I think I'm gonna watch the first season after I'm done with this. 

• Like 2

My post is gonna contains some spoilers, so mind it as you read! 

Spoiler

I'm a fan of the first season. I also enjoy the chemistry and romance dynamic between the two young doctors in the first season. 

When they casts Lee Syung-kyung for the female doctor role, I initially had my doubt because Seo Huyn Jin in the first season was excellent. I didn't quite like Lee Syung-kyung character - Dr Cha so far, she couldnt stand blood and gore, and she took medication for her job, fainted and making excuses - I really couldn't stand her. 

Then episode 3 comes and reveals that in fact she went through med school with all that blood and tears to not disappointed her mother - this is also when Dr Seo Woo Jin's impression of Dr Cha changed, and eventually he starts notice her more and may even harbour a crush on her. 

Having gone through med school myself, I despited these people like Dr Cha back when I was still a med student.

People starts med school for various reasons but the two main ones are either they actually interest in the subject or they was under the pressure of their family. I have way too many of my asians friends who studied med school under pressure of family (it's almost like running in the wanting- their-son/daughter-to-do-well-in-life-and-respected-in-society kind of gene). They suffered, they repeated their years of study, and I thought these people better not becoming doctors since their intention in the beginning is all wrong. 

But now since I have graduated and started the training progress as doctor, my views have changed quite a lot. It doesn't matter about your beginning, med school is just a kindergarten. The real deal starts when you are in your residency because this is what will shape the kind of doctor you become.  As I watched the young doctors in this show being drained with work physically and mentally and sometimes got criticised in a mocking/unrespectful way in those big, famous fancy hospital, it's all too familiar. I love that Kim Sabu embodied the human factor in medicine that sometimes we would forget. How senior doctors should care of patient and their own junior doctors like human. Being respected and get praise when doing the good job, all motivate us along the way. 

I love watching Seo Woo Jin's talents getting recognized because he is good and is the real deal. But since I know about Dr Cha suffering now, I hope that her time with Kim Sabu will make her enjoy the work she does and be better at it. Her beginning to med school was different, and I did judge her for that, but that doesnt mean she won't become a good doctor - I am staying in this show to witness this character development. The role of the teacher is so important in these cases. There was one conversation between Kim Sabu and the ministry's doctor talk about how they care about their juniors doctor and want to support them so they can be the best doctor as they can be. This is what residency and medical education should be about. 

There are so many more minor characters in this show that also add in the stories in a nice mix of way. And Romantic dr Kim season 2 continues to deliver these characters developments. I am happy to hear the show doing well in terms of viewers. It's unusual that a medical drama would be high rating since they can be quite picky for general viewers because of their medical terms and operation scenes. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

Episode 2 21:34  and the 21: 35 minutes. And 21:36.

@stroppyse or can anyone hear any numbers please? I literally can't hear or understand to make sense. Well I have 2 conflicting subs. What is he asking the nurse to do? I am happy even if it's written not translated as I can't hear the numbers. There were a few references for warmed saline in that episode. And  there are a lot of English terms used in this drama. But I cannot hear 10 litres of bag valve reservoir bag. Not to mention bag valve is a face mask? Not something else? Because bag valve reservoir bag is an ambo BVM for bagging a person not breathing. Did I hear a " reserve or reservoir mask?" I hear more of " reserve."

Han Suk Gyu has good and excellent diction. I can understand him perfectly. Ahn HS lisp is going to kill me for this drama. He is reminding me of Kwon Sang Woo in Medical top team. His lisp still makes me shudder trying to understand him speaking medical terms behind a mask.

Sorry guys. I was watching episode 2 and 3 in one hit last night. Ended up sleeping at 2am. I had forgotten how tense Dr Kim was. Then it made me go back to episode 17 and 20 for season one. Lol. Just to watch YYS doing fast suturing. Sigh he was so smooth. I just want to get ep 2 out of the way so I can move onto episode 3 and 4.

Just fyi a Fellow is board certified right? Which means she would have had to pass the actual operation skills or certain basic cardio- thoracic surgery skills.How can she be fainting? Unless Korean doctors don't require residents to do cardiac bypass etc. CS in SK includes lung surgery or transplantations as well. Pretty seriously complicated surgeries.

That's like basic skills. It's not as if it's a heart transplant. I know of- didn't follow to ask what happened- but coincidentally a Korean GS senior resident who can't operate basic skills such as colectomy etc. He was in danger of failing. I mean whether he goes back to South Korea or not as a senior trainee. However looking at the Korean university hospitals requirements for Fellows the writer is not making sense.

I think the writer's research assistants need to work better. Because there was an order for Pethidine as well. It's not widely or commonly used these days. 

Sorry.... did I say I like this drama? I like Master Kim. I am still withholding my opinion of the female lead. I feel slightly insulted they wrote her as a female 2nd year Fellow and made her so incompetent. No female would have been or have been able to get to a Fellow level with that level of surgicial skils. Or lack of. Its an insult or should be an insult to female doctors in SK. Oh another drama where the surgeon is written is a female who can't do her job. 

You can't write her as frozen in the OR. That's cardio thoracic surgery not cardiology. It would make more sense she freezes only on certain surgeries. Then show flashbacks of some traumas. Put something like- trauma  cardiac surgery-, and she doesn't have the confidence or speed. But am ok with scheduled cardiac surgery where she is on control. Because oh let's say her relative died in a car crash from a leaking aortic tear or something.

The politics are fine. Standard for Dr Kim. And Dr Kim is marvelous as usual.

And the writer must be so distracted by the success of season 1 they didn't even bother to include patients in the department ie extras. And just focusing on the hospital staff and politics. If you want to write write properly. The environment is not well fleshed out. And a 4th year resident floating with her head in the cloud? Whos in 4th year EM? Who the heck works 4 years in ER and be so clueless? 

Bye.... passing by just for the couple of lines @stroppyse the actor playing Master Kim ad libs. He does not go according to the script. So having the Korean script is not always helpful. Thank you so much. Hopefully once I get used to listening properly an their pronunciations I will be more alert.

Between this and Wonderful Life, would you believe the one drama I am actually spending time researching on is War of the prosecutors? I mean I like Crash Landing the best but the drama shooting site in Tongyeong for the prosecutors is making me research the city. Kim S2 is like a " have to watch " and cannot skip. But I am skipping the politics. Yawn yawn yawn. Especially with the Foundation chairman.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

@stroppyse. Got it thanks. I was watching it this morning after midnight. It was subbed differently. I was on the other site just now. It's been changed I was PMing the chief editor. But wanted to verify what I heard. Thank you very much.

Would change to 88%. I just watched ep 4's operation scene a minute ago. That was nicely done and written. 

Now I am off to the market after episode 4. And no more Kdrama just yet.

• Like 2

I agree with the observations and comments regarding the role of Dr. Cha. For 3 episodes she's done nothing but ran out of the operating room, vomit, or faint. Why cast her as a cardio-thoracic surgeon then when she's not fit to be one. She could be a pediatrician.

That scene of her lamenting the drawn marks on her face. The ink's removed while she's rubbing it with her fingers. Why go to the length of running around, covering her face and stealing a surgical mask, when she could have gone to the washroom and wash off the ink with soap and water. She could have used wet tissues to wipe the ink off or even wet a cotton ball with some alcohol. Such a waste of video footage. Is she the comic relief?

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Probably. Because they are not using the female surgeon role well.

I am going. And taking back what I said about good writing. Even with dra- ma- tic medical scenes it doesn't mean absolute stupidity. Which idiot will miss a full examination and NOT exclude a flail chest or tension pneumothorax.  The writer needs better research assistants.

Anyway am done for this morning and will check the episode tonight. Why do I do this to myself? I could be watching War of prosecutors instead.

• LOL 2

So I'm done with all the episodes and so far I like it. I don't care about the medical terms or the procedures being done anymore because I throw logic out of the window lol:sweatingbullets::lol:. At least they are hand sanitizing and following protocols:rolleyes:. But back to the drama, EJ really needs to meet a therapist for her anxiety issue because eating those pills is never gonna solve the problem. I can relate to her in terms of not being able to handle an open wound, surgeries in general or having anxiety issues. And the real reason why I never became a nurse; forget about being a doctor lol:sweatingbullets: :lol:. However, this is wrong. She shouldn't have picked surgery when she found out during her residency that it was an issue. Or at least worked on it unless it's something that happened in the OR that is causing this problem. Teacher Kim won't allow her to go to OR that's for sure considering the fact that he knows what's going on. But other than this, she is good at her job and has a long way ahead of her. 

Poor SW, his entire family commits suicide and the only survivor. He is being chased by loan sharks because of his tuition money. He is whistleblower who everyone hates which I still don't understand what's wrong with what he did. If a doctor is doing something he is not supposed to do, then it's better if he is reported because a patient could die. And second of all, what's wrong with serving alcohol if you are a doctor? If no one is hiring him, then what's wrong with putting food on his table by working? These doctors really need to be put in their places and should appreciate what they have now. I'm glad Teacher Kim brought him in and acknowledges his skills. And I enjoy his little relationship with EJ because they are not afraid to point out what's what. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

There will definitely be a different perspective watching a drama as a professional in that field itself and watching as a layperson.  I can relate to both and appreciate the different perspective.  I also believe that I'll learn lots of things from watching and reading the posts here.

My expectation from this drama is simple.   I'm looking forward to how Master Kim and the rest of staff at the hospital help to develop the new young doctors to become really good doctors at the hospital. So far I like it. 

p.s 

Plus the stories of other characters of course :)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

“Dr. Romantic 2” Records New High Point In Viewership Ratings

“Dr. Romantic 2” Records New High Point In Viewership Ratings

https://www.soompi.com/article/1377107wpp/dr-romantic-2-records-new-high-point-in-viewership-ratings

@Kasmic true I read that too on twitter they promise to duet when the rating surpass 10%... I guess we'll wait patiently for their gift 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I am helping with subs for this drama specifically the medical subs so unfortunately have to pay attention to what is said. 

I am used to the really good Korean medical professionals I've encountered. Their notes are very, very thorough way more than usual. And I have Fellow friends who worked there as well. That is why dramas are dramas. And I pull my hair out each time I get sucked into a medical drama to check.

For war of the prosecutors.... I was busy googling seafood dishes. And oysters. In Tongyeong.

I happen to think Dr Kim season 1 was a particularly good drama to watch. And I like Master Kim a lot as a character. At this point am neither yay not nay for this drama. I am currently following 4 and I learn new words with each. So it's good enough.

I laugh at the hand wash comment. The other doctor still swiped his blood soaked gloved hand on his eye. And another had blood spurt onto his eye as well. I am so used to it I don't even point in out anymore or that's such a usual scene

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3

I'm curious to the reason why she's so anxious in the OR that she resorts to pills, yet she's okay in the ER. It's not the blood because she sees that in the ER as well. Is it holding the knife to cut open a body for surgery? She told Master Kim that she's okay with blood & cuts in the ER as long as she's not in the OR. Is it too late for her to perhaps switch to an ER doctor?

• Like 4

i was like.. omg eeeee! throughout the whole scene where Teacher Kim unstapled the side of the minister and put his hand right in to hand massage the heart.. i mean, i can accept scenes where doctors open up the chest or abdomen during ops but this, i was flabbergasted and paused from my bag of potato chips :confounded:  hahaha

• Like 3

What I liked about the episode is that you have 4 people who are mature enough to know they made a mistake and had the courage to apologize.  So many times, people escape responsibility by making excuses or even worse shifts the blame to someone else.  

• Like 7

he has some cute IG posts with RDTK2 casts.. this is his official IG account :love:

LSK role in this drama may seem underdeveloped at this point but i guess her importance will thicken and show us how Teacher Kim is going to mould her for greater purpose, especially if she is willing to first admit her fear instead of always finding excuses.. right now she is just behaving like an arrogant kid throwing silly tantrums (and being useless)..

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Started watching the drama.... did not finish the first season yet (i will restart it eventually), but watching this 2nd season because of LSK and AHS...

1st and 2nd episodes are interesting... i dont get why people were bashing LSK's acting before this... maybe beacuse im a fan of Weightlifting Fairy hence dont see any wrong...

Glad to see  AHS's character seemed to like LSK's character, possible romance there....hopefuly developed further :) ...

Surprised to see KmJ in this drama in a supporting role (male nurse)... but its great, nevertheless...

Looking forward to this drama thread :)

first post after new year 2020!

• Like 4