[Drama 2019-2020] Elegant Mother and Daughter/Gracious Revenge, 우아한 모녀

nohamahamoud2002

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

this drama is interesting because most of the characters are selfish and manipulative to a certain extent even though they care and even love the other person

I agree, theres no ‘good’ guy because everyone has a dark side here, which makes it difficult to have one character to root for because everyone does something I get frustrated with

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, chococarmela said:

Complexity. That’s what I love about this drama, it’s different from most dailies.

It keeps the drama interesting! Kudos to the writer!

Also, anyone else amused at the creepy music played when the "demented" nurse is sitting with Carry and basically being evil by not saying anything?

12 hours ago, philosophie said:

I agree, theres no ‘good’ guy because everyone has a dark side here, which makes it difficult to have one character to root for because everyone does something I get frustrated with

Maybe Danny is a good guy. He has only heard one side, so he can only act accordingly.

23 hours ago, reydevan said:

I think HJ and Jenis' chemistry is not that strong like other dramas but i still like their scenes.

Some people notice that HJ & Janice's chemistry is not very strong and wonder if they fit as a couple.

Actually, this drama depicts a realistic description of a romance between super dutiful kids.

This kids are very dutiful toward their parents. They work very hard during their study. Then, they work very hard in their workplace. Beyond school or work, when other kids socialize and date, they prefer to spend their free time to accompany or do errand for their parents.

As a result, these kids are usually successful in their education and work. However, due to the lack of time of socializing with their friends, they may be awkward in dating. While other kids could express their feelings  more freely and in various manners, these dutiful kids may have difficulty to do likewise.

Thus, Janice and HJ, while loving each other deeply, may be awkward to express their feelings for each other and may look to have less chemistry.

4 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Also, anyone else amused at the creepy music played when the "demented" nurse is sitting with Carry and basically being evil by not saying anything?

Damn, I couldn't watch today's episode because of a server problem which made the episode super glitchy and with a bunch of pop-ups. I'll check in for a recap tomorrow.

Sera has gone mad......I hope YK realizes the foolishness of their wishes to force a marriage with Sera. 

The only role of that nurse now is to point the finger at EH. She better not show her face tomorrow if she does not have anything to contribute. her role does not add to the suspense she,became an irritant. 

They have underestimated YK.

2 hours ago, Gigi Salapong said:

They have underestimated YK.

they really have! the preview looked exciting because yoo kyung is connecting the dots by herself as she finds carrie's baby died. so much for eun ha and inchul thinking that if they just get the nurse, the secret will be kept quiet. yoo kyung is someone who gives her full trust but when it is off, her mind is actually very strong. her confrontation with eun ha was powerful because she would not allow eun ha to change the topic or play games. she was spot on when she said that eun ha raises her head held high and denies wrong even when confronted with the mistake. so she sees the true eun ha. her question cut right through -- is your kid more precious while others aren't? yoo kyung is not to be ruffled with when her anger comes out. she can be shrewd and very decisive. this is not something that yoo kyung is going to just ignore. so sera is definitely going to feel the brunt.

the nurse is more and more annoying. she understands enough to know the truth but won't say anything. ugh. am wondering if eun ha, inchul or even sera will end up murdering the nurse in an attempt to silence the truth. however, this might prove to be their undoing as a family. it doesn't look like jenis will be reconciled with this lot...

and dori was so cute when he said that he wants to run the shop with his hyung. awww. does he even understand that his family is complicated?

Spoiler

Well I just watched the latest episode raw and of course IC,EH, and the old nurse are in IC’s car about to be kidnapped.YK stopped the car.( By the way YK was driving herself) and Carrie blocked the back. That is the cliffhanger.

I love the capable YK who takes charge and is proactive. The preview showed YK with another DNA test and I am assuming it is HJ’s and Carrie’s. She flashes it down the toilet. She s scared Jthief might cause HJ more harm. YK will connect the dots faster than anyone can 

That old nurse has outlived her usefulness. Her only redemption is to confess her role in the baby swap so EH and IC gets smacked with their karma. Sera’s sanity whatever is left will snap,

Carrie stop badgering Janice she has given half her life to your cause let go and give her back her happiness. I hope the fight between Carrie and Janice begins soon.

Barf for the Old Nurse unless, she redeems herself by confessing her role in the baby swap.

So, just when Sera was about to show some conscience, Fake Yoora pulled her right back down into self-centered madness. 

Why did I watch that? Slapping own face now.

ROFL at the end bc it was an Aunty Standoff!

Still doesn’t look like anyone is telling Carrie the truth on Monday.

Wow, when YK uses her brains, she really does use them. Only took her a few eps to unravel everything, and I’m proud of her wits. Seeing her in revenge mode will be so entertaining. 

I have a few few problems with Carry. When the secret of her kidnapping was threatened, she was so adamant about Jennis going back to Canada. Even offering to stop revenge, Now you’re gonna tell me you suddenly need her as chairman and don’t want her to end this? Like not recognizing the face with glasses, I can’t stand when characters have selective amnesia and forgot what they said/did literally a few episodes back.

4 hours ago, reydevan said:

Can Carrie be arrested for stealing her fren's ID and living her life? 

up to a few years ago, there was a statue of limitations on murder crimes and this was often featured in dramas/movies. think it was 15? then the law changed in korea to 25? or something like that. anyway, as international viewers, it is difficult to tell whether any of these crimes can be prosecuted due to evidence/lack of or just the time factor. there is carrie who stole another's identity as well as kidnapping of jenis, eun ha who did a baby swap, inchul who helped cover up the crime of baby swap as well as intellectual theft, J thief with intellectual theft and causing accident of carrie's husband (though there was no evidence at the time)

those are the crimes from then which may be difficult. however, the recent crimes may be easier because there would be evidence. so there is eun ha and inchul conspiring nurse to get dementia prematurely (how they did it I don't exactly get. did they give her medicine? locked her up in isolation?), eun ha physically assaulting jenis by dunking her repeatedly in water... am guessing that if any of these characters get prosecuted, it will be for the recent crimes and not necessarily for stuff that happened long ago and difficult to prove.

The way they kept things from YK you would think she was an air head..

Spoiler

YK now knows the truth about the baby swap. Of course she is so devastated she is having an anxiety attack. Will she be gracious enough to tell HJ the truth? She knows she has to protect HJ from Jthief. 

EH and IC are three steps behind, the old nurse is back into a comma.....As I have said she is of no use to the person who is helping her. She confessed to YK thinking it was Carrie. Jthief should be curtailed from doing more damage.

The preview looks very promising.

This week should resolve something.

Archived