[Drama 2019-2020] Elegant Mother and Daughter/Gracious Revenge, 우아한 모녀

nohamahamoud2002

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, reydevan said:

I thought J thief knew that the baby was not his but some assistant's. He agreed to marry YK cos of some position in the company, an offer by YK's mom. And i thought YK knew some parts of this. NO? If really no, then yeah, YK has no right to be mad at J thief. I also think she will end up raising Dori. 

YK did not know that J thief is aware of this.  Otherwise EH would not have threatened her with revealing it to J Thief.  This J Thief had been showiing an interest in YK too at the time so was the only one the Grandmother could think of.  YK's lover died and she found out she was expecting. 

So Carrie finding out HJ is her son was not as dramatic as i thought it would be. I guess the writers are saving for the BANG! going crazy scenes when Jenis' truth is out and she, EH, IC and Sera go crazy. I guess the writers dont want to have so many dramatic scenes in 25 eps. And turns out Jenis will find out abt fake Yura and have another fallout with the mom plus EH's family wld find out too. I think that would be next week.

As for JM, i think he will turn evil soon. 

On 2/20/2020 at 4:28 AM, reydevan said:

I thought J thief knew that the baby was not his but some assistant's. He agreed to marry YK cos of some position in the company, an offer by YK's mom. And i thought YK knew some parts of this. NO? If really no, then yeah, YK has no right to be mad at J thief. I also think she will end up raising Dori. 

I think you are right. What Jthief does not know is the swap. YK knows who her original baby’s daddy is. YK did not want HJ hurt and HJ did not want his mom hurt when EH blackmailed him to marry SERA this is why it really got so messy. Only EH, IC and the old nurse plus EH’s dad knew about the baby swap.

The protagonists are two steps way ahead of them now.

for today

Spoiler

The writer seems to understand the rule of karma. 

YK is now forced by circumstance to acknowledge to MY who HJ is. EH being a psychopath will of course use HJ as a hostage to get back her house.

The guilty conscience of YK will blame Carrie but this forces now the hand of Carrie to reveal who YR is. The fake YR should ran away.....she did her part in giving that info to Carrie about the swap. Of course Carrie will get her karma from Janice.

I am looking forward to next week where I assume will be chaotic in revelations. IC is the genie EH has as the puppet for evil. Jthief will have no control yes he can still do damage but he has to think twice because of DoRi. He will have to let go Of cute DoRi to YK while he serves time. 

Karma is a richard simmons.

That was some fabulous acting today. And EH and IC just can’t stay away from crime, can they? 

I find it weird that a couple like them didn’t use connections to invest in land somewhere. 

@reydevan who is JM and why would he turn evil this late in the game if he isn’t already?

I for one can't believe it took 77 episodes to get here - can they wrap it up with alittle over 20+ eps left?

As hurt as Carry seemed in the last episode, over what she did/said to HJ before she knew he was her son, the revenge line should be over.

We still have HJ-Jennis brother/sister fauxcest anxiety to deal with for at least a couple episodes until Carry cant take it and fesses up, then we get the trainwreck of EH-Jennis/YR reconciliation. After all they've done and said thats going to be tough. Yes, EH started it with the switch but Carry did kidnap YR - Its gonna be interesting

I hope SR and Jennis make peace - yeah, SR is a spoiled little brat but I'm finding it hard to hold that against her considering what she went through growing up.  I'd hate to see SR continue down the psycho -babysister path. Hopefully, they bond while exposing fake YR together (latest preview gives hope)

I hope YK and Carry stay peaceful ( next episode aside - they'll learn quick it was EH not Carry who took HJ )  At least in the end I hope HJ keeps 2 moms.

I still have a bad feeling that before the end, someone(s) going to die, just not sure who.

On 2/20/2020 at 2:31 PM, Lmangla said:

@reydevan ~ if you find the background music, do share. it really is great. hope they release it.

fake yoora has grown on me. she is 100 times more entertaining than the nurse was who just repeated her dialogues in every episode she was in.

I left a comment under the female lead's IG to release the music for us international fans and she liked the comment but god knows if she can read eng. Hahha! 

On 2/22/2020 at 4:17 AM, LeftCoastOppa said:

I still have a bad feeling that before the end, someone(s) going to die, just not sure who.

Yeah, i said the same thing a few comments back. 

On 2/22/2020 at 6:17 AM, tulip06 said:

That was some fabulous acting today. And EH and IC just can’t stay away from crime, can they? 

I find it weird that a couple like them didn’t use connections to invest in land somewhere. 

@reydevan who is JM and why would he turn evil this late in the game if he isn’t already?

finally found time to watch today.. and yes, agree with you -- there was some master acting here. this is one drama where the older actors are stealing the spotlight in terms of acting. they put in such strong performances and make the crazy seem believable. it was riveting to watch these two ladies maneuver this situation where they both know the truth but neither are quite ready to voice it but they have this tender respect for each other.

can't believe eun ha still thinks that everyone should thank her for switching babies. eye roll. it is hard to find any sympathy for eun ha -- she is basically kidnapping a guy in a coma because she can't bear to leave this house?  like you said @tulip06 ~ it is hard to believe that they don't have some summer house property somewhere. guess, she just can't bear to move anywhere else. 

@reydevan ~ hope the actress understood your request and maybe they will post the OST. fingers crossed.

am not sure if J thief will turn fully evil. he is just selfish and wants to manipulate the situation to his advantage but he never harmed hae joon which differentiates him from eun ha, sera and inchul. carrie might find that hard to ignore regardless of the past because J thief did raise him and hae joon does see him as his father. had to giggle when J thief was like "get up, so you can get the company back and marry jenis" -- LOL, now he wants to be matchmaker and make hae joon marry jenis?! J thief is more of an opportunist than anything else. there will be some sort of punishment for his actions 30 years ago but not like eun ha & co. am curious to see how that happens.

I can't agree with you @Lmanglathat JThief will not turn fully evil.  He ordered the murder of Carrie's husband.  Over the years, he has repeated his stealing of patents and forcing the inventors to bankruptcy.  Because there was none so obstinate as HJ's biological Dad so there was no need for him to kill again.  But he did order the hit again on Carrie but his wife saved her.  He is already evil.  

Spoiler

Basically this whole eps was abt trying to rescue HJ by Carrie and YK. EH had the cheek to threaten YK saying that HJ is gonna hate her when he finds out that her husband was responsible for his real dad's death. 

HJ is very close to regaining consciousness and all 3 in the evil family are worried. YK and Carrie rush to the hosp tt HJ is hidden at. EH and hubs become scared that they have been found out and try to move HJ again. Sera tries to stop them but they went ahead with it. 

Omg sera removes his mask again cos she does not want him w Jenis and HJ opens his eyes! 

Preview:

IC and EH find out abt fake daughter. Sera is at the police station, i think cos she removed the mask? 

This is all i caught. Buffering was bad. 

I don't know but I'm feeling that Janice won't take revenge on Carrie. Because, firstly - she has seen firsthand how evil SEH is and the extent she'd go to get things going her way. Secondly, she loves HJ and she'd find it hard to forgive her mom for what she did to HJ and Carrie. She may be shocked and angry when she finds out the truth. After she has calmed down, she'd at least understand why Carrie did what she did.

3 hours ago, fanofr said:

I can't agree with you @Lmanglathat JThief will not turn fully evil.  He ordered the murder of Carrie's husband.  Over the years, he has repeated his stealing of patents and forcing the inventors to bankruptcy.  Because there was none so obstinate as HJ's biological Dad so there was no need for him to kill again.  But he did order the hit again on Carrie but his wife saved her.  He is already evil.  

point. kekeke... so what I meant was in reference to how kdramas seem to have tiered approach to villains fate. so you have full on evil where the characters continue to do stupid and hurtful things without a single drop of guilt. these are characters like eun ha who feel they are entitled and make your blood boil while watching. those villains get royally punished in the end and no one cares. then there's tier 2 villains who are somewhere in the middle. they have done some things but they redeem themselves by helping out the leads in some form. so we are like "okay, live and let live. shrug." they get some punishment like a short term jail sentence or maybe a reduced social status etc. then there's tier 3 villains who are very complex. basically these guys go through a whole redemption arc and it can be tragic and very moving. they usually end up doing some sort of community service like taking care of some dementia patient as penitence. or they get killed off with sad music in the background and all the characters cry.

so the way the drama is going, it looks like eun ha & co are tier 1 while J thief seems more tier 2. in a sense, hae joon needs J thief and so there is a kind of relationship where they are helping each other emotionally. J thief will face some punishment but maybe not the full wrath ending like tier 1 villains usually do. that's my guess. lets see how it plays out. :)

Just watched the preview again and saw that 

Spoiler

HJ and Jenis made up already! Like mentioned previously, i prefer if they are still not really on good terms after he woke up, truth abt Jenis comes out and then they finally reunite with a bang. Disappointed for some reason. Lol. Omg they really gonna think they slept with their sibling! 

@monalisa, i think so too. Jenis is just gonna be mad for a while, maybe leave the country and come back and HJ goes n look for her. 

Sera became a true psychopath ever since she tried to kill Janice in the elevator. The writer made her cross that line. Millions of kids do play violent games but not all of them kill. Millions of children around the world suffer some kind of parental abuse but a majority do not  do actions with the intent to kill. EH and Sera are just not wired right  they both are psychopaths.

Spoiler

As predicted EH by the shaman EH will loose both of her children. The joke is on you now EH and IC. Sera is now in jail for another attempt on someone’s life. INCHUL is the husband and father who has been their accomplice.  This should kick INCHUL in his face  he aided Jthief in stealing and killing Carrie’s husband as well as the baby swap.

I now see the happiness of Janice and HJ in the preview. Carrie has now to rectify herself and give Janice the truth. 

So it looks like ep: 79 is firming up the battle lines - EH & IC against just about everyone else

Sera is still a toss up - she was willing to kill HJ and herself it seems, but now shes figured out Yora is a fake so there's this "could be psycho - could be redemption" going on.  Consider, she knows the fake now, she also has a loose description of Carries assistant, but most importantly, she knows the fake passed a DNA test so somewhere out there her big sister is still alive. When she finally connects the assistant to Carry, shes going to start looking at Jennis real close as age wise, shes a perfect fit. 

It looks like Carry is becoming the friend that YK thought EH was - When Carry finds out Jthief killed her husband I think they stay friends.

Looks like the waiting is over .... its finally getting good

LCO

Did not get to watch live today but i have a feeling HJ kissing and chatting with Jenis might have been a dream (or maybe Sera imagining it) cos it seems too fast that he is aldy discharged and bk home. Plus Jenis is wearing yest's clothes. Pls, let me be right! 

16 minutes ago, reydevan said:

Did not get to watch live today but i have a feeling HJ kissing and chatting with Jenis might have been a dream (or maybe Sera imagining it) cos it seems too fast that he is aldy discharged and bk home. Plus Jenis is wearing yest's clothes. Pls, let me be right! 

Nope does not seem like it.

Preview

https://www.youtube.com/user/DramaKBS/videos

Archived