[Drama 2019-2020] Elegant Mother and Daughter/Gracious Revenge, 우아한 모녀

nohamahamoud2002

@ tulip06 kissasian.....carefull about the adobe download

HJ and Janice  the most lied at people in this drama. 

I hope DORI's mom will be able to talk to YK. J thief has been given enough time to relish in his wickedness. HJ just stop being reactive . start using your brains. you will see how punked you are. Be proactive. The answer is right in your nose why Janice got the shares of stocks.

I find the fake YR so crass in the way she acts it has become a comedic relief. I would rather have her as a delay tool than the old nurse. It really exasperates me when I watch her role. If she aims to repay for her sins do it now. Now she wants to die.....Her role is becoming so irrelevant because everyone seems to be discovering things on their own.

Love the child actor DORI I know he has played a role in some recent drama I cannot just remember. Anyone?

Oh SR your day has come.......Even for a little while she will make herself more crazy.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m loving the turn of events. I wasn’t expecting the new characters and twist about DR and fake YR but I’m totally enjoying, especially fake YR. can’t wait to see how she handles evil SR, probably better than bland and passive Yj ever could. I also like the mistress’s. These new characters are good. 

@ phi;osophie  yes I truly am enjoying the three new character.......They are such a breath of fresh air. Just one scenario of HJ and Jennis dating and being happy. The rest are flash backs. EH, SDR just being evil  to carrie then to Jennice. Things done to her that could have killed her. 

Now I can watch fake YR terrorize SR so she cn be in the defensive. I Cannot wait for that. EH, IC, SR and J thief just bullied and stepped on everyone.

27 minutes ago, monalisa said:

So Mi-hyang has regained her memory? Or has she been faking it? It occurred to me she was faking it when she heard about the plan to send her to an island sanatorium.

Her memory was like on and off but now i think it's fully back. 

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019-2020] Elegant Mother and Daughter/Gracious Revenge, 우아한 모녀 - Mon to Fri @ 19:50 KST

@philosophie ~ yea, same here. I thought this whole illegitimate son arc would be boring but it is actually entertaining. it brings a great sweet and funny dynamic and I like the contrast between the two families. 

just like the fake yoora, ja myung comes from a shady background. while ja myung is shrewd enough to shake J thief for money to the exact value of the share, she does care for her son. she is not willing to leave dori with some stranger and wants to make sure he is well and truly cared for. she is genuinely concerned about her kid entering school and wants him to be recognized. while her interactions with J thief are hilarious, they are not necessarily malicious. she has raised dori with good manners but also very accepting of his father and brother. unlike sera who's having heart burns over a sister she never even met, this kid is delighted to see his older brother and have some conversations. dori just trusts his hyung-nim and has no jealous meltdowns. jenis also wonders how hae joon can be so calm but hae joon is quite accepting of this kid. I find it hilarious that J thief is really bonding and seeking out hae joon in his room. now, he doesn't want to lose hae joon. ha! and his bumbling act to sell the burial grounds from yoo kyung was hilarious. she is actually quite sharp. given how foolish he is, it makes me wonder if the writer will turn it around in the end to show that grandma chairman had a bigger hand to play in carrie's husband death as J thief just wasn't smart enough for the task.

in contrast, the fake yoora has no class and is openly wanting to shake things down from this family. inchul and eunha are nowhere as accepting and a part of them is aghast at this creature. it is actually quite hilarious. sera is acting like she just saw some bug on her bed. it will certainly be funny to see more.

does anyone know how many episodes we have left? if the total count is 100, then we only have about 1/3 left. whereas, if it is 120, then we are about halfway through.

16 hours ago, philosophie said:

I’m loving the turn of events. I wasn’t expecting the new characters and twist about DR and fake YR but I’m totally enjoying, especially fake YR. can’t wait to see how she handles evil SR, probably better than bland and passive Yj ever could. I also like the mistress’s. These new characters are good. 

I like the baby-mama, who has style and brains, but I'm not impressed with greedy fake yoora.  She is annoying, and I've never liked crass people, so I am going to fast-forward her scenes. 

@Lmangla It's 100 episodes.  We're getting to the end.  

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

she has raised dori with good manners but also very accepting of his father and brother. unlike sera who's having heart burns over a sister she never even met, this kid is delighted to see his older brother and have some conversations.

Random, but doesn’t fake YR actually even resemble SR in the hair and face a bit? They look more similar then YJ does to SR that’s for sure. 

Such a good point, it’s interesting to see how HJ handles a new sibling in the picture vs how SR does. HJ had the same complex she had with her mom, with his dad. He always had to go an extra mile to try and get his dad’s love, because his dad had ‘always looked at him as rival.’ And I can only imagine how HJ will react when he finds out his dad’s master plan was to give the company to DR (literal J thief).yet so far never once has HJ taken out any ill will towards an innocent whereas we see with SR that if the real YR had ever come home, she would be subjected to the same treatment by her sister like SR will do now with the imposter. Yes we can reason and justify and sympathize with SR but somewhere in the drama after all her bad behavior, there was no longer any last empathy left to explain her evil actions. That’s why I can’t stand her.

that said, I don’t know if I agree with HJ’s methods to ‘protect’ his mom. But I’m not surprised either when it’s coming from the guy that stringed along his fiancée for the longest time then was going to literally dump after sleeping with his ‘love.’ Of course HJ is the perfect helper in J thief’s predicament when their capability to treat a woman are practically on the same level.

13 hours ago, Gigi Salapong said:

@ phi;osophie  yes I truly am enjoying the three new character.......They are such a breath of fresh air. Just one scenario of HJ and Jennis dating and being happy. The rest are flash backs. EH, SDR just being evil  to carrie then to Jennice. Things done to her that could have killed her. 

Now I can watch fake YR terrorize SR so she cn be in the defensive. I Cannot wait for that. EH, IC, SR and J thief just bullied and stepped on everyone.

Haha exactly!

1 hour ago, tulip06 said:

I like the baby-mama, who has style and brains, but I'm not impressed with greedy fake yoora.  She is annoying, and I've never liked crass people, so I am going to fast-forward her scenes. 

There’s something refreshing in the way YR will just indirectly terrorize Eh and IC by her mere crassness. Imagine her showing up in the middle of his chummy meetings with politicians or her snobby hang outs with the rich ahjummas. I guess it’s that fake YR can wreak havoc on this family in a way that Carry nor YJ ever could. Does it serve them right? Debatable, but it is telling how EH lied about YRs job and almost wanted to like ‘deny’ the possibility of YR being her daughter because she wasn’t up to par with EHs standards. To me this was all telling that EHs love is more like possession. She was obsessed with YR because to that point as a little girl she was ‘perfect”p’ and her toy got taken away, now she got it back, it’s all scratched and broken she no longer wants it. True motherly love isn’t like that..though not like the bar is set very high in that department when the storngest motherly daughter bind is that between a kidnapper and hostage.

• as for the episode count, I know most of the wiki sites are saying 100 episodes, but I am not convinced it will be able to be wrapped up in about 30 episodes unless it’s not rushed and the pace is done right. I can see this having been extended and being actually 120 episodes

28 minutes ago, philosophie said:

that said, I don’t know if I agree with HJ’s methods to ‘protect’ his mom. But I’m not surprised either when it’s coming from the guy that stringed along his fiancée for the longest time then was going to literally dump after sleeping with his ‘love.’ Of course HJ is the perfect helper in J thief’s predicament when their capability to treat a woman are practically on the same level.

yea, hae joon's actions don't feel out of character. he hardly batted an eye lid at the actions of sera. find the bonding with J thief both amusing and unexpected. it feels like the birth secret in some sense freed him from the baggage of expectation and disappointment. it is almost like he sees J thief clearly for who he is but has accepted him more wholeheartedly. he doesn't expect more than J thief is able to give. J thief has always felt inferior to hae joon's place in the family and they never developed a mature relationship. now J thief is talking to him man-to-man and he openly says that it was a drunken one night stand. find it hilarious that in this craziness, J thief is recognizing hae joon as the son he needs. hae joon at this point is so immune to all the craziness that he has become this world weary character. any other secret to come out, his only reaction would be a sigh. but hae joon is practical enough to realize that they can't keep hiding the truth. he was smart enough to not agree to pretend that dori is his son like it happens usually in dramas. I actually thought he would agree to J thief's stupid idea to protect yoo kyung. kekeke...

Okay, but a trashy older sister with a drinking problem is hardly the same as a cute 7 year old brother with good manners.  

I don't find that character at all funny.  She looks dirty and gross.  I felt like throwing up watching her.  One reason I watch this drama is for the gorgeous people and clothes, and she doesn't fit.

I'm going to fast-forward.

Hae Joon does not have good ethics when it comes to relationships.

@reydevan ~ it was hilarious when yoo ra (the fake one) pointed out that sera has been spoiled and is bratty but she will fix her quick. LOL. must say that with revenge dramas, the older male actors really get to show off their acting chops -- inchul crying was done well.

ja myung does love her son enough to ensure that she checks out the future stepmother before she makes a decision to drop of dori. wonder what J thief and hae joon will cook up to keep dori in the house. poor kiddo though, has to learn to live in this new place. 

@philosophie ~ like you said, it is hard to feel sorry for sera especially as you know that jenis will probably get the same treatment as fake yoora. hopefully, the episodes will pick up more steam now in this next arc. and yea, it really does not feel we are winding down to 100 episodes. wonder if it has been extended because everything is happening quite leisurely...

If Sera is spoiled and bratty, is Fake Yoora a paragon? Does she know and practice excellent manners? In any case, I skipped all that because I knew I’d find it all stupid and pointless. At least the Jennis and Sera scenes have real bite to them.

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

So, is Jennis figuring out Kim Hee Jung is a fake or what? Sometimes I wonder if these drama people put two and two together or not.

Does not know yet but aldy suspecting. She did mention 2 eps ago that it's such a coincidence that the moment they started discussing yura, she showed up. Girl, it's not a coincidence yo. 

well at least hae joon came up with a good cover story that makes sense; he sure has lots of fictional friends to cover up all sorts of things. dori is 7 and so we will give him a pass for not understanding how strange this 'game' is and why he has to call people by the wrong titles. the kid also seems to be spokesperson for chicken wings PPL and so we will see him eating lots of chicken? kekekek.... and did anyone catch J thief mutter that he thinks jenis is carrie's kid? when did he figure that out? or is he just supposing?

Wow, J thief had Carrie kidnapped. What if she got into an accident n HJ gives her blood or something to save her? 

Hahah nope, she escaped and attended the meeting. In the preview J thief's wife goes crazy and gets slapped by him. She calls him a murderer. 

2 hours ago, reydevan said:

Wow, J thief had Carrie kidnapped. What if she got into an accident n HJ gives her blood or something to save her? 

Hahah nope, she escaped and attended the meeting. In the preview J thief's wife goes crazy and gets slapped by him. She calls him a murderer. 

I'm joining here late and it's never too late to comment lol:lol:.

But you comment made me laugh lol:joy:. It's usual that she ends up in the hospital for a blood transfusion as per Kdrama rules but the fact that she escaped and was able to attend the meeting makes me think she is not stupid after all lol. She knows how to take care of herself.....

@Lmangla He is getting good with lying lol. His mom will still be pissed off when she finds out about the kid's background. I wonder how he is gonna explain himself:unamused:...

2 hours ago, reydevan said:
Spoiler

You need to do that spoiler tag.  Highlight the spoiler info and click the eye.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I was about to barf when the opening scenarios hasJ thief high and full of himself because HJ is naive enough to help him out. He has them his wife and adopted son frying in their own lard. The same modus operandi of having someone kidnapped and, or killed. And Sera telling her mom about DORI so she can use it again for leverage to twist HJ’s arm for something.

This time Carrie escapes and was able to attend the Board meeting. I sure hope this would be the start of his (J Thief’s) karma. He was always aided and abated and have fooled his own family.

But the worst one is this magnificent obsessesion of HJ to cuddle his adopted mom from knowing the truth is so unrealistic because in the end he will just perpetuate his evil ways until HJ and his mom will be kicked out. 

All of them plunder, and kill without batting an eyelash with the gullible HJ who knows the capabilities of Jthief still carries his orders. 

I am happy to see some movement towards the demise of Jthief as the head of Jgroup. HJ well your gullible mother is now being slapped by your Jthief.

Archived