[Drama 2019-2020] Selection: The War Between Women, 간택 - 여인들의 전쟁

0ly40

Left Minister Jo is not smart, he should attact EB secretly, not directly like that !

Bc the person who will suffer in the future is.....his daughter !

If she's selected as Queen, LK will nerver love her even hate her;

now, he doesn't love her but he has sympathy for her bc they knew each other when they were children !

if she's selected as Queen ?!! he will do as Lee Hwon in The moon that embraces the sun

he pretends he is weak, ill....he can't live with her, sleep with her.....

the shaman can be the witness bc he already talked with her about his promethic dreams ...

You will see....there are many things alikes between 2 dramas , it's normal...

Korea has , maybe, mant good actors & actresses but there are not much good writers !!!

For ex : between My love comes from the stars and Goblin....there are many thing alikes too !

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preview 10

Spoiler

LK: You must bring back Kang Yi Soo’s wife safely. 

Eunuch: May I ask if the dream didn’t happen this time?
LK: I seem to have changed the dream. 
EB: Don’t trouble yourself?? for me. I’m already the King’s woman. This will just make the situation between you and the king difficult. 
Then the rest is the prince (is he really a prince?) handing over some drug that paralyzes you and then the other guy saying you want to send EB to secretly assassinate.... Prince says to EB you want to avenge your father right? She asks how he knows and he says that the person her father supported to be king is him. 

Trying not to spoil myself too much whilst I wait for subtitles.  Just updating with KMK and JSY cute posts from this morning:

Disclaimer: I used an online translator so translations might be incorrect:sweatingbullets:)

Translation: Join EunBo today too!♥

Translation: Everyone is preparing to watch it? Let's go save Eunbo:angry:

I’m getting annoyed with the king for being useless. I know he’s young and new but how does he have NO allies? He’s always 10 steps behind the villains and running around making promises he cannot keep. Yes, it’s good to be honorable but sometimes you need to play dirty to win. He’s lucky these villains are so simple-minded. It’s also a good thing he’s so gorgeous because at this point I’m not sure I’d want to be his queen if I were Eun Bo. You’d end up dead before you get a chance to enjoy your handsome husband. 

I think the issue is that Kyung is very young. From watching historiccals and chinese dramas, Kings need time to build their power base and establish their reigns. Hence, their beginning are often quite volatile and tumultous. 

At this point, Kyung has a powerful maternal family but the issue is that they are concemtrated on building a future liferline and not so much on him. He has no "hold" over them.Some kings use fear and some use brutality and other use their vision but as always they need to establish that :) Kyung has not really had that time. This is compounded if his father has died young and he is coming from out a long regency - nobles grow complacent................^_^.

This is my two cents on this :)

Source: My opinion based on watching endless historical dramas and reading history.:D:sweatingbullets:

11 hours ago, lizzyd said:

Preview 10

Hide contents

LK: You must bring back Kang Yi Soo’s wife safely. 

Eunuch: May I ask if the dream didn’t happen this time?
LK: I seem to have changed the dream. 
EB: Don’t trouble yourself?? for me. I’m already the King’s woman. This will just make the situation between you and the king difficult. 
Then the rest is the prince (is he really a prince?) handing over some drug that paralyzes you and then the other guy saying you want to send EB to secretly assassinate.... Prince says to EB you want to avenge your father right? She asks how he knows and he says that the person her father supported to be king is him. 

EB is already half in love with the King....I highly doubt that at this stage/point she is going to assasinate anyone on their behalf...#sorrynotsorry ....when her anger was fresh yes, now no - unless EB goes through some noble idiocy phase .or the writters have a brain fart.....but would be out of character given her character arc.

Another issue...come on one king is the same as another king...why on earth if her father is a revolutionary would EVEN support another king.

Like seriously they are teasing us cant they just tell us WHAT WAS SO CONTROVERSIAL about that BOOK.!:crazy:

I know what you are saying but the problem is that the villains’ moves and tactics are so obvious that it just makes him seem kind of stupid to not see what’s coming a mile away. It feels like they’re half trying to make a serious drama but at the same time the court politics is just nonsense. I’ve watched a lot of court dramas and been appropriately upset on behalf of the main characters but here I just feel like if he chopped off the evil minister’s head he’d be all set. It’s so easy to set someone up, I feel like they could all just frame each other back and forth. Even the extra prince is a silly caricature of a lost prince who feels wronged. I see no reason why anyone would support him to replace the king. They should focus more on the OTP because I think that’s their strongest point. She’s fully in love with the king now, as she should be. How could anyone resist those dimples? Maybe he should try smiling at the evil ministers. 

1 hour ago, lizzyd said:

I know what you are saying but the problem is that the villains’ moves and tactics are so obvious that it just makes him seem kind of stupid to not see what’s coming a mile away. It feels like they’re half trying to make a serious drama but at the same time the court politics is just nonsense. I’ve watched a lot of court dramas and been appropriately upset on behalf of the main characters but here I just feel like if he chopped off the evil minister’s head he’d be all set. It’s so easy to set someone up, I feel like they could all just frame each other back and forth. Even the extra prince is a silly caricature of a lost prince who feels wronged. I see no reason why anyone would support him to replace the king. They should focus more on the OTP because I think that’s their strongest point. She’s fully in love with the king now, as she should be. How could anyone resist those dimples? Maybe he should try smiling at the evil ministers. 

i think its the writters..if this were a longer drama probably could see more character arc development:tears:

On 1/18/2020 at 9:23 AM, raziela said:

I think it's because she has had lots of plastic surgery and botox so her face looks odd especially when she is trying to show emotions

did she really have plastic surgery?? that is not a fair assumption. She is just an actress playing her part in this drama. I have seen her before in other dramas and she is quiet a good actress. 

More stills of KyungBo's date:wub::

Kim Min Kyu And Jin Se Yeon Are On The Verge Of A Kiss In “Queen: Love And War”

Jan 19, 2020
by L. Kim

TV Chosun’s “Queen: Love and War” has revealed new stills from the upcoming episode!

The historical drama tells the story of Kang Eun Bo (Jin Se Yeon), a woman who wants to bring her twin sister’s murderer to justice. To do that, she will have to compete with every eligible noblewoman at the palace to win the heart of King Lee Kyung (Kim Min Kyu), who has been troubled with strange dreams after being shot in the head.

Spoiler

In the last episode, Kang Eun Bo, whose misunderstanding was solved, and Lee Kyung, who doesn’t know the truth, grew increasingly closer to each other, warming the hearts of viewers while also giving them a feeling of sadness.

In the new stills, Kang Eun Bo and Lee Kyung are just moments away from their first kiss. The two are sitting by the river, and she is leaning against him with her eyes closed. He gazes at her with doting eyes and slowly leans towards her. The attention is on their sweet atmosphere, and viewers will be able to find out how they ended up at the river together.

jin-se-yeon-kim-min-kyu-31.jpgjin-se-yeon-kim-min-kyu-4-1.jpgjin-se-yeon-kim-min-kyu-5.jpgjin-se-yeon-kim-min-kyu-22.jpg

This scene was filmed at the Donggang River in Yeongwol, Gangwon Province on December 5 of last year. The two actors expressed their admiration of the beautiful scenery and prepared to film the scene with excitement. Jin Se Yeon warmed up the atmosphere by sharing snacks with the crew, and Kim Min Kyu showed consideration for her by warming up his hand so that her cheek wouldn’t be cold when he touched it.

During break time, Jin Se Yeon and Kim Min Kyu bumped into each other’s heads while sharing gummy snacks. Despite their friendly chemistry off set, they turned into affectionate lovers when the cameras began rolling. They perfected the scene with their deep gazes as Jin Se Yeon portrayed pain and Kim Min Kyu expressed his love for her.

The production crew praised, “The two of them looked so amazing in the shot that we marveled at them. Jin Se Yeon and Kim Min Kyu gave an eye-catching performance with their passionate gazes as they immersed into their roles. I hope you will look forward to what kind of path the two of them will take as they make their way through the drastic set-ups and tricks in the selection process.”

“Queen: Love and War” airs Saturdays and Sundays at 10:50 p.m. KST

https://www.soompi.com/article/1377925wpp/kim-min-kyu-and-jin-se-yeon-are-on-the-verge-of-a-kiss-in-queen-love-and-war

I think LK is more powerful than others kings  even Lee Hwon in TMETS !

You know The Kings of Korea in Joseon perios were not like King Louis X1V of France or

Henry 8 of United Kingdom....not like Games of thrown hahahaha !

there were Kings in Korea but in  period Joseon , the country were ruled, not officialy,

but in reality....by 2 political factions Noron and Soron. You see in sageuk one side

they wear red and other in blue 

and these politicians had connections by marriage. Almost the Primes Ministers's

daughters are.... Queens.

always control the power took place between families of the differents Queens !

Here Lk is luckier than LH in TMETS that his grand mother is by his side but she is smart too, 

she can't let the personal affairs can become a theat for the thrown !

LK is stuck, he can't move bc it's not the problem that the Queen is alive after the death !

But bc her father made a big mistake when he wrote this book.....it's a treason !

So  LK can save EB only when he can clear her father's name.....that, I don't know how

the writer can do bc it's him who said that he wrote it  haizzz !

After that there's another problem that the Queen is not this one but her twin sister

and I don't know what is the prophety about the twins born in that year !

there's only 16 eps right, it left 6 for the writer finding an issu to have an happy end and a good one !!!!

Okay I need to wait for the subs...but I'm still wondering:-

1. Why did Minister Jo want to put his daughter on the throne so badly?
  2. Why did he ask for the Prince to replace Kyung then never think much of him after that?
  3. Were all his elaborate plots JUST to make his daughter Queen? But whose Queen...? After all he did plot to kill Kyung too?
  4. What did EB's father write that was so damning?

Seems like next week is going to be a bucket of tears...I JUST  hope that the kiss happens after the confrontation per the preview...:tears:^_^

Also the Queen Mother, I've been thinking that I think strangely in her cold fish way she is VERY upset that someone tried to kill her grandson. Otherwise why would she would she NOT favour JYJ as Queen.....I mean aren't they from the same clan?

30 minutes ago, PrincessMe2515 said:

Okay I need to wait for the subs...but I'm still wondering:-

1. Why did Minister Jo want to put his daughter on the throne so badly?
  2. Why did he ask for the Prince to replace Kyung then never think much of him after that?
  3. Were all his elaborate plots JUST to make his daughter Queen? But whose Queen...? After all he did plot to kill Kyung too?
  4. What did EB's father write that was so damning?

Seems like next week is going to be a bucket of tears...I JUST  hope that the kiss happens after the confrontation per the preview...:tears:^_^

Also the Queen Mother, I've been thinking that I think strangely in her cold fish way she is VERY upset that someone tried to kill her grandson. Otherwise why would she would she NOT favour JYJ as Queen.....I mean aren't they from the same clan?

1. In Asia, filial piety is common and expected so you’d have extra clout and influence with the king if you’re his father-in-law. Also, the king announced before the second selection that whoever is selected will be granted the right to bear arms. That’s one of the main reasons they sent Eun Bo. 

2. At the time they thought the king was dead. To get involved with the prince now would be treason. 

3. He didn’t try to kill Kyung until after his daughter lost in the first selection. His original goal would have been to have his daughter be queen and then his grandson become the crown prince. That is likely still his current plan. Prob he would have married his daughter to the replacement king, that’s why he made sure the queen to be was killed in the first assassination. 

4. His father gathered scholars of the time and preached democracy. If he motivated and mobilized enough people, it would lead to a revolution as the people would rise and try to overturn the king and his regime. That is why writing and sharing the book was considered an act of treason. 

I decided not to watch this week’s eps and will wait until the end to marathon.  I never watch dramas live and it was a mistake to do it with this drama. @diane90 I know what you wrote is true but it’s frustrating. I just want an episode with no tears. I usually stick to rom coms but the leads are so beautiful I couldn’t help myself and once I saw his dimples I was lost. 

28 minutes ago, lizzyd said:

1. In Asia, filial piety is common and expected so you’d have extra clout and influence with the king if you’re his father-in-law. Also, the king announced before the second selection that whoever is selected will be granted the right to bear arms. That’s one of the main reasons they sent Eun Bo. 

2. At the time they thought the king was dead. To get involved with the prince now would be treason. 

3. He didn’t try to kill Kyung until after his daughter lost in the first selection. His original goal would have been to have his daughter be queen and then his grandson become the crown prince. That is likely still his current plan. Prob he would have married his daughter to the replacement king, that’s why he made sure the queen to be was killed in the first assassination. 

4. His father gathered scholars of the time and preached democracy. If he motivated and mobilized enough people, it would lead to a revolution as the people would rise and try to overturn the king and his regime. That is why writing and sharing the book was considered an act of treason. 

I decided not to watch this week’s eps and will wait until the end to marathon.  I never watch dramas live and it was a mistake to do it with this drama. @diane90 I know what you wrote is true but it’s frustrating. I just want an episode with no tears. I usually stick to rom coms but the leads are so beautiful I couldn’t help myself and once I saw his dimples I was lost. 

It is also my first Go watching a drama in transmission and you do not know how much I suffered with the chapter ... I think that having chosen that girl as the new queen in the end will be the best thing they did since later it will be discovered that their Father was the one who killed Queen Eun-Ki and so Queen JO can be removed from his throne. Only then can Eun-Bo be able to stay next to the king

18 hours ago, PrincessMe2515 said:

I think the issue is that Kyung is very young. From watching historiccals and chinese dramas, Kings need time to build their power base and establish their reigns. Hence, their beginning are often quite volatile and tumultous. 

At this point, Kyung has a powerful maternal family but the issue is that they are concemtrated on building a future liferline and not so much on him. He has no "hold" over them.Some kings use fear and some use brutality and other use their vision but as always they need to establish that :) Kyung has not really had that time. This is compounded if his father has died young and he is coming from out a long regency - nobles grow complacent................^_^.

This is my two cents on this :)

Source: My opinion based on watching endless historical dramas and reading history.:D:sweatingbullets:

Agreed. Also Lee Kyung is still very young and he only recently became King.  In Episode 1 his grandmother stated the mourning period for the late king just ended and mourning period was between 1 to 3 years (can't remember which:sweatingbullets:) so he has only been in his position for three years maximum and he is only 20 so he only became King as a teenager.  You can also see in the early episodes the Grand Royal Dowager is even still sitting in on his court sessions so he is obviously sill learning.  He is in a difficult position because he hasn't yet made any alliances with any of his own ministers or factions so he has no ministers to rely on.  He was hoping to start building his own "people" after the marriage with Eun Ki because as the Queen's father-in-law Kang Yi Soo would become his impoertant minister and advisor and, therefore, one of the most powerful ministers at Court but Minister Jo's plot put an end to that:tears:

17 hours ago, lizzyd said:

I don''t mind the warring Left and Right Ministers because that is standard for every  sageuk drama :lol: but I agree the rebellion plan isn't really working for me.  It had potential but npw their only card seems to be using Eun Bo and that isn't going to work because as @lizzyd pointed out she has learned the truth and isn't blind with rage anymore so she is unlikely to go along with their plans.  I agree they need to develop Lee Jae Hwa's character to believe why they should support him as King.  I do think for Baek Ja Yong it's simply because he is convenient and he knows how to manipulate his emotions and will use him as his puppet. I also feel Jae Hwa doesn't work in the love triangle (love square with Young ji).  There are already so many obstacles in KyungBo's way that his infatuation with Eun Bo seems unnecessary and underdeveloped as he is too selfish, still using EB and has done nothing for EB since she joined the selection.  And he wonders why Kyung gets the girl!  

:lol::lol::lol: love the idea of Kyung using the power of his dimples to defeat people.

15 hours ago, PrincessMe2515 said:

i think its the writters..if this were a longer drama probably could see more character arc development:tears:

She is a rookie writer so that might be why as there are so many plot threads but I think a couple more episodes would help to develop some of the other characters.

13 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

did she really have plastic surgery?? that is not a fair assumption. She is just an actress playing her part in this drama. I have seen her before in other dramas and she is quiet a good actress. 

I can usually spot cosmetic surgery a mile away and hers is very obvious!  You just need to look at her old pictures and that very obvious rhinoplasty.  Having said that, I actually think she is doing a good job in the role especially with how she can carry her voice when she is outraged or angry and I find her character very entertaining. However, her cosmetic procedures do hinder some of her facial expressions.  Unfortunately, this is a growing problem with quite a few actors and actresses over the last decade as more and more go under the knife or take advantage of botox and fillers which stop their faces moving naturally. 

8 hours ago, diane90 said:

I think LK is more powerful than others kings  even Lee Hwon in TMETS !

You know The Kings of Korea in Joseon perios were not like King Louis X1V of France or

Henry 8 of United Kingdom....not like Games of thrown hahahaha !

there were Kings in Korea but in  period Joseon , the country were ruled, not officialy,

but in reality....by 2 political factions Noron and Soron. You see in sageuk one side

they wear red and other in blue 

and these politicians had connections by marriage. Almost the Primes Ministers's

daughters are.... Queens.

always control the power took place between families of the differents Queens !

Here Lk is luckier than LH in TMETS that his grand mother is by his side but she is smart too, 

she can't let the personal affairs can become a theat for the thrown !

LK is stuck, he can't move bc it's not the problem that the Queen is alive after the death !

But bc her father made a big mistake when he wrote this book.....it's a treason !

So  LK can save EB only when he can clear her father's name.....that, I don't know how

the writer can do bc it's him who said that he wrote it  haizzz !

After that there's another problem that the Queen is not this one but her twin sister

and I don't know what is the prophety about the twins born in that year !

there's only 16 eps right, it left 6 for the writer finding an issu to have an happy end and a good one !!!!

There is so much for the writer to solve by the end with only six episodes left!

i agree Lee Kyung is lucky he has his clever grandmother on his side.  At the start, I disliked her for her coldness but she is a very intelligent woman who knows sometimes she has to be ruthless and puts her grandson and the throne first.

5 hours ago, PrincessMe2515 said:

I was going to respond but @lizzyd answered all your questions perfectly. Just to add to answer your Question 2: Lee Jae Hwa was declared Grand Prince and heir to the throne and he is the King's biggest rival until Kyung has a son.  Any ministers seen interacting with him would be viewed suspiciously.

The Grand Royal Dowager (Kyung's grandmother) isn't from the Jo clan. I think she doesn't favour JYJ simply because she doesn't consider her the best candidate for Queen.  She is also aware of how ambitious and manipulative Minister Jo and she doesn't want to end up with another situation like The Queen Mother and the Kim clan dominating everyone and only out for themselves and their people.

Hello all! Joining this thread and I truly enjoyed reading all of your comments up until now. I recently finished Chocolate and could absolutely use another drama to help with withdrawal. I was watching both dramas as it was ongoing. Like many, this wouldn't be my usual but the plot and leads were too absorbing! Well, one episode turned into two, and now ten- and so the waiting game begins for the weekend. I'm so disappointed to see that this drama isn't being received well here with many threads, but I'm glad that we all appreciate it together here!

I wish that this was a longer drama. So far, I have literally seen ALL of the ministers going head to head against the king. I feel like the Queen Dowager is on his side (kind of but totally debatable) but the Queen Mother, obviously, isn't. 

The now-Queen, Ji Hwa literally is obsessed with the king but it is a political arrangement so I knew he was going to tell her off and break off any of her hopes of this being actually real. 

From the get go, Kyung probably knew that there was something off about Eun Bo lying about being Eun Ki, especially when EB had said that she was afraid of water (when her sister wasn't). It was a sneaky try from Kyung to catch her though, with the whole lantern scenario. I still think he won't care because she's truly sincere about her feelings toward him, and the fact that he's too deep in the whole relationship too. 

Ji-Hwa may not be harmful toward the storyline right now, but I can definitely see her turning evil in the next couple of episodes since Kyung told her off. She may team up with her father to humiliate the king as a payback, but I sense that her father (especially JH's family) and the entire Kim family will not escape trouble, including the prince for possibly revolting against Kyung. I'm glad that EB found out about it early. Wal is going to play a crucial role in finding that man with the symbol on the back of his neck, which we can likely tell it's Gye Pyeong at this point... I feel bad for GP though, he really does everything out of love and protection for JH and that's how JH's dad gets him to do all of these crazy missions...

I hope that EB will be forgiven by Kyung quickly after explaining what happened, and I hope no one dies with the poison in the next episode (no sacrifices please!)... Can I shout out Eunuch Hwang and Han Mo please? They're my favorite characters in the drama right now.

Episode 10.

Aigoo ...that minister JOHeungGyeon, He still want to kill the King again (Once his daughter become Queen)?? Does he want LeeJaeHwa to become the King?? (As he was the one who brought LJH from hiding). Does LJH know JHG or what is their connection? Or.. Do we have another hidden 3rd Prince? LOL 

Interesting, the 3 ladies compete before the selection and after they got selected as Queen and Concubines. And I can't believe the King LK kept 3 of them:D. I'm looking forward for the scene between King LK visiting concubine SongYi, Hahaha..that would be an epic scene of SongYi telling the King in her mean, self-confident, and aggressive way like: "Excuse me, Jeonha!, you have to sleep here tonight because I won't let you leave this room! *wink*"  - To be honest, I want to pair LJH with SongYi in the future episodes.

Speaking of the dream, I'm wildly imagining for the next episode... I want the King to have a dream that; 2 or 3 of the women told him that they got pregnant (at the same time) :w00t: and only the King knows which baby is his...

Archived