[Drama 2019-2020] Selection: The War Between Women, 간택 - 여인들의 전쟁

0ly40

as I said I'd like KMK's voice, it's marm and sweet to hear !

I suddently watched a video clip on utube, I saw him singging in I can see your voice...

and it shows that his voice is really ....sweet hehehe !

In this moment I only have 2 dramas to watch : this one and Doctror Kim 2 !

I'm waiting for The game toward midnight with Taecyeon & Lee Yeon Hee

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Lilona said:

Hello. I'm new here, but I carefully read everything you wrote~

I need to say that I just love sageuks like this one. Even with some repetetive elements it's fresh bcs how actors and actresses act it out so I'm pretty much hooked xD.

Yes, I really like KMK voice also xD. It's really nice detail and these dimples xD.

SY is very very good. I'm glad she found her niche in kdrama land. Actually I really didn't like her like only 4 years ago but now I really like her in sageuks. I watched all her 3 last ones and she really improved as actress.

Thank you for your thoughts I missed out some points like that fox minister provided the book and some more.

I'm so hooked that I downloaded 1080 files from korean torrents and subs from Viki and made timing adjustments to rewatch it later once more xD.

I think Jae Hwa won't sacrifice their plans for love. And it become turning point for him.

Also I really want some happiness for our King he was happy only 3 min of 1st ep xD. It's so unfair T_T

- Welcome to the thread:grin:  you are really hooked!  Love everything you said about the drama and actors especially JSY (as I am her biased fan lol!).  Even as her fan I know some of her acting in her older projects were not great but her acting has improved so much and she is very good in sageuks so thank you for giving her chance :blush: 

- "Fox minister" is a very good description for Jo Heung Gyeon. he is clever and crafty like a fox.  He even looks a little like a fox:lol:

I agree about Jae Hwa. There's nothing he can do at this point and he's not going to derail his plans. 

- i so agree about out poor Lee kyung  After the first three minutes of the drama and the flashback it's nothing but heartache for him.  I really felt for him during the bath scene in episode 4 when he put his head under the water.  It was a moment of genuine vulnerability  and you could feel how heartbroken, confused and lost he was feeling:tears: He was so excited when he saw Eun Bo but she ends up breaking her heart every time they meet too. i'm loving the slow burn and angst but I want to see those two get to have some sweet times too.

7 hours ago, diane90 said:

as I said I'd like KMK's voice, it's marm and sweet to hear !

I suddently watched a video clip on utube, I saw him singging in I can see your voice...

and it shows that his voice is really ....sweet hehehe !

In this moment I only have 2 dramas to watch : this one and Doctror Kim 2 !

I'm waiting for The game toward midnight with Taecyeon & Lee Yeon Hee

Kim Min Kyu has a great acting and singing voice :D

@PororoQueen @wizuwizu So funny you mentioned Lee Hwa Gyeom looks like Yoo in Young because guess who apparently sent her a coffee truck today: Yoo in Young!:lol:

Text translation for episode 7 (thanks to lighthoney1610 IG for translation)

Jaehwa is in shock after learning that the the girl he knows as Hong Yeon is a daughter to Kang Yisoo.
Wal who is framed as a suspect is locked in a secret place and he mentioned Jaehwa’s name to Kyung.
Youngji told her father that HongYeon is not the real Hong Yeon and Jo Heunggyeon asked Gaepyeong to search for a real Hong Yeon.
Baek Jayong feels worried that something bad might going to happen when Jaehwa feels agitated after knowing the truth about Eunbo.
Kyung dreamed again. In the dream, Eunbo is pleading asking for help which makes him feel uneasy. The next day all 6 women entered the palace for the second round of selection. The Queen Mother becomes the judge in order for her to eliminate Eunbo and let Songyi be in the third round of selection.

New stills from Episode 7. Second task of the selection process for Eun Bo (aka Jin Jang Geum :lol::lol::lol::lol:):

6 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Im sorry that the king is confused and there is no one else

to tell him the truth.

EB is slowly realizing that LK is a good man and I hope she will be

on his side soon.

Same. I hope they come together soon. The poor king is so alone and confused. Now Eun Bo is beginning to see the true goodness of Lee Kyung.  I do think Eun Bo will keep up the lie about being Eun Ki because she isn't ready to tell him (or anyone) she is Eun Bo.

It's perfect you posted that clip because I came to post one of my favourite clips from episode 6.  With Eun Bo lying in her bed thinking about the risks Kyung was willing to take for her and how much he must have loved her sister.  She is definitely starting to soften towards him despite her drive for revenge.

6 hours ago, Jillia said:

I haven't been really active here but I'm still watching and while I don't think the drama is inventing anything new it's just really nice to watch a sageuk and it's plot nicely unfold. Even though I find the whole clairvoyant plot with Lee Kyung rather ridiculous and unnecessary. I mean I saw it coming when he survived the headshot but still it's complete nonsense and kinda pulled me from the flow of the whole episode. But at least his eunuch and Kyung himself realize how stupid this is. :lol: Also, the fact that he apparently is starting a dream diary of sort named "fortune telling dream"... I mean nothing can go wrong with that with all the court ladies from the Queen and Dowager Queen snooping around in the rooms.

I was wondering about you the other day as I hadn't seen you post.  Great you are still watching and enjoying! 

Well, we already know the king is very forward thinking. He is just ahead of the times that he thought up dream journaling long before anyone else in Joseon had even heard of psychology:lol:

Soompi article 

Jin Se Yeon Faces More Scheming And Interference In “Queen: Love And War”

Jan 11, 2020
by R. Jun

TV Chosun’s “Queen: Love and War” has revealed new stills of Jin Se Yeon.

“Queen: Love and War” tells the story of Kang Eun Bo, a woman who wants to bring her twin sister’s murderer to justice. To do that, she will have to compete with every eligible noblewoman at the palace to win the heart of King Lee Kyung (Kim Min Kyu), who has been troubled with strange dreams after being shot in the head.In the latest stills, Kang Eun Bo, who has already had to jump hurdles of interference in the competition, faces yet another attempt to thwart her efforts in the cooking portion of the competition, when the her ingredients suddenly disappear.

Spoiler

jin-se-yeon-queen-love-and-war-2.jpg

jin-se-yeon-queen-love-and-war-0.jpg

A source from the drama said, “Thanks to Jin Se Yeon, who always wears a smile on her face and puts her all into filming, this day of filming also wrapped quickly and with a great atmosphere. In the queen’s selection, there will be upgraded schemes as well as a surprise twist, so please look forward to it.”

The next episode of “Queen: Love and War” airs January 11 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Spoiler

jin-se-yeon-queen-love-and-war-3.jpg

jin-se-yeon-queen-love-and-war-1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1376300wpp/jin-se-yeon-faces-more-scheming-and-interference-in-queen-love-and-war

Beautiful new OST - Love Painful Love 12DAL

New JSY IG update^_^:

New KMK IG update:lol::

New stills of the some of the other girls during the second task:

Trailer for episode 8:grin::

4 hours ago, Lilona said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oh so our mistery assasin have a crush to a fox minister's daughter....

Seems like it.  He will probably end up dying tragically for her or something.

2 hours ago, Agasshi said:

when Song Yi makes her first appearance, I know I saw her before and turn out she is Yooyoung from Hello Venus. :open_mouth:

She remind me of Yoo In Young which I thought its her. :lol:

We were discussing that earlier in the thread! The resemblance is undeniable. Not sure if you saw my post above but Yoo In Young sent a coffee truck to Yoo Young/Lee Hwa Gyeom a couple of days ago too!:lol:

On 1/9/2020 at 4:37 PM, raziela said:

So funny you mentioned Lee Hwa Gyeom looks like Yoo in Young because guess who apparently sent her a coffee truck today: Yoo in Young!:lol:

Oh very kind of YooInYoung,  the Song Yi's Doppelganger sending coffee truck. They are sisters! :D

OMG I have been watching the ep 7 twice without subtitle and still can't understand a thing:bawling: - except "Mama and Your Majesty part. And the subtitle one just came out now, I forwarded to the last part when EB meeting the Queen. LMAO. They always play twice the ending part hahaha, I really enjoyed it. I better watch the full subtitle one and be back here ..

2 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Oh very kind of YooInYoung,  the Song Yi's Doppelganger sending coffee truck. They are sisters! :D

OMG I have been watching the ep 7 twice without subtitle and still can't understand a thing:bawling: - except "Mama and Your Majesty part. And the subtitle one just came out now, I forwarded to the last part when EB meeting the Queen. LMAO. They always play twice the ending part hahaha, I really enjoyed it. I better watch the full subtitle one and be back here ..

It's a great episode.  Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Looks like the Kyung-Eun Bo romance starts next episode:love::

New stills for episode 8:wub::

There is no siblings vibe between the King and Prince LJW :(, I was hopping the King will welcome LJW a lil warmer than that, something like "Yo, Bro I need your help". I guess he's going to be the Opponent? - Did you see the King's killer look towards LJW?, so handsomely intense and it made me having dejavu of the King Lee Young face (Park Bo Geum).

Lady Ye Shil :kiss_wink:, Aww, what a good friend. I'm sure she is a good chief, I re-watch the scenes how she use the knife to cut the ingredients with full confident LOL. She's so smart and considerate putting more salt to her own dish (learning from the incident). Although I hope we will see her in the future episodes, Goodbye Lady Ye Shil and thank you!

Loving the scene when King LK turning his head towards EB and gave her his special Implied advice (When Lady Yong Ji fell backwards), so sweet of him. I really want to think  EB jealous becoz the King helped her standing up. But, nope she's not jealous.

Wal oh Wal, funny servant. But really, If there were palace guards around him when he talk by himself in the room (he seems to be alone), the mystery will be solved (That the EB is twin sister of the Queen)!! Hahaha. And the Queen Dowager face suddenly popped up after that. LOL

@raziela, there will be a date tomorrow?? yay I have been waiting patiently for their kiss. Kim Min Kyu :wub:

tenor.gif?itemid=13672864

Cre: Little.Rascal Tenor

Article for tonight's episode;

Spoiler

Kim Min Kyu Takes Jin Se Yeon On A Secret Date In “Queen: Love And War”

Kim Min Kyu Takes Jin Se Yeon On A Secret Date In “Queen: Love And War”

Jan 12, 2020
by L. Kim

TV Chosun’s “Queen: Love and War” has revealed new stills of Kim Min Kyu and Jin Se Yeon.

The historical drama tells the story of Kang Eun Bo (Jin Se Yeon), a woman who wants to bring her twin sister’s murderer to justice. To do that, she will have to compete with every eligible noblewoman at the palace to win the heart of King Lee Kyung (Kim Min Kyu), who has been troubled with strange dreams after being shot in the head.

Spoiler

In the latest stills, Lee Kyung and Kang Eun Bo are on a secret date. They are heading into an old store where they first held each other’s hands ten years ago. The two characters walk through colorful fabric while holding hands. After going through several layers of silk, they finally arrive at a small warehouse. Lee Kyung pulls something out, and Kang Eun Bo’s eyes shake uncontrollably. What will happen to the two people who have come together amid a painful misunderstanding?

kim-min-kyu-jin-se-yeon-1.jpg

kim-min-kyu-jin-se-yeon-2.jpg

jin-se-yeon.jpg

This scene was filmed in Changwon, South Gyeongsang Province on November 28, 2019. The two actors became sentimental as they looked around every corner of the old linen shop. They practiced their lines together and prepared for the scene while paying attention to every word. They were able to create a sentimental scene with their trembling gazes, and the colorful lights that poured through the silk added to the atmosphere.

The production crew shared, “Jin Se Yeon and Kim Min Kyu created the best scene with their desperate emotions. In a situation in which the past and the reality are mixed up, please look forward to the choices they will make on ‘Queen: Love and War,’ which is growing more intense.”

“Queen: Love and War” airs Saturdays and Sundays at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

3 hours ago, Lilona said:

I'm personally thinking that the main villain in this story not only Fox minister but the Father's friend... How he called Eun Bo insignificant puppet.... This man is no good.

Ooh when I saw that I went, "I told me so!" Though, I was a little surprised how BJY was more ruthless than even LJH. He really is ready to sacrifice anyone to further his/their goal. Now that EB's mom is under his care, I wonder if he is going to hold her against EB if EB ever disobey/threaten his plan.

I like that Kyung really take after his grandma the Queen Dowager :D It's like a little detail that shows they are really family, and have spent a lot of time with each other. Both are intelligent and can easily see through other's BS. Makes it much easier to root for them.

Ending of ep.7 was not what I expected at all. EB lying to Kyung about being EK is going to bite her in the richard simmons...Kyung's not going to like it when he finds out.

Speculation: While I previously thought LJH and his posse were responsible for the shooting and EK's death in ep.1, did JHG admitted he is the one responsible in this episode (ep.7)? Seems like it when he was talking with GaePyeong.

Oh! so it was JoHeyngGyeon who hired the gunman to assassinate the King and EunKi.  Killing EunKi would be have been justifiable since YoungJi would then have a chance at a second selection but why kill the King? I have a strange feeling that the behavior of JHG's hired spy towards YoungJi is something more then just that of a servant and the master's daughter. 

What was the reason that JHG had his man framed Wal for the gunman's murder.  Guns that were used during the kings's assassination wasn't a matchlock gun. Buyong's Agency sold the information on the source of such guns to a 'gun merchant. If this was the case then JHG is covering his tracks. 

I do pity LJH. Apparently he is being used by BJY because of his festering grudge with the King. And now his infatuation with EunBo has turn into possessiveness after he finds out EunBo is vying for the queen's position. 

I didn't get that part in the second round of the selection. The girls were grouped in pairs and each pair have the same task. I thought the Queen Mother was suppose to make her choice without seeing their faces. YeSil and EunBo both presented their dish first. Didn;t Queen Mother saw EunBo then?

ps. Oh yes it just crossed my mind about the SALT. Apparently the maid hired by Queen Mother was ordered to put salt in EunBo's dish that was how she would flung her. 

As I said before; the culprit of the assassination will be sure one of the two : Lee Jae Hwa or Jo Heung Gyeon !

I never think of Kim Man Chan.. why ?? Bc he has a bloodline with the King !

Kim Man Chan is the father of The King's mother; I think all he wants is keeping the Queen's place

for Kim family. He doesn"t want the King's place !

And they ( King's mother, Kim Man Chan .....) look like " crazy dogs " who bite anyone they don't like , they don't

think very deeply what they'll do .

But, Left Minister and LJH are differents, they are.........snakes ! very dangerous !

even Jo Young Il too, what father what daughter....she makes friend with Eun Bo just waiting

to stab her on the back ! different with Song Yi.....she shows her character very clear,

when she ordered to kidnappe Eun Bo  just pass the time but noy kill her !

The same with back Jae Yong, he tells Eun Bo that he helped her to revenge her father but

on the back, he used her. I think one day Eun Bo can hear he calls her a puppet, she'll open her eyes !

and one day if they discover that Eun Bo falls in love with the King, they'll .....eliminate her;

both LJH & BJY do !

14 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

There is no siblings vibe between the King and Prince LJW :(, I was hopping the King will welcome LJW a lil warmer than that, something like "Yo, Bro I need your help". I guess he's going to be the Opponent? - Did you see the King's killer look towards LJW?, so handsomely intense and it made me having dejavu of the King Lee Young face (Park Bo Geum).

Lady Ye Shil :kiss_wink:, Aww, what a good friend. I'm sure she is a good chief, I re-watch the scenes how she use the knife to cut the ingredients with full confident LOL. She's so smart and considerate putting more salt to her own dish (learning from the incident). Although I hope we will see her in the future episodes, Goodbye Lady Ye Shil and thank you!

Loving the scene when King LK turning his head towards EB and gave her his special Implied advice (When Lady Yong Ji fell backwards), so sweet of him. I really want to think  EB jealous becoz the King helped her standing up. But, nope she's not jealous.

Wal oh Wal, funny servant. But really, If there were palace guards around him when he talk by himself in the room (he seems to be alone), the mystery will be solved (That the EB is twin sister of the Queen)!! Hahaha. And the Queen Dowager face suddenly popped up after that. LOL

@raziela, there will be a date tomorrow?? yay I have been waiting patiently for their kiss. Kim Min Kyu :wub:

- No siblings vibe between Lee Kyung and LJW.  The King doesn't trust him and LJH is faking his personality and resents him.

- I'll miss Ye Shil. She was so much fun and  a great friend to Eun Bo.  That scene where Eunuch Hwang caught the cheating Court Lady was so funny.

- i loved that scene between the King, EB and JYJ. so many small details: the King is the one who stops first when he sees her before he tried to continue on like he was ignoring her.  it shows how much she affects him because a king doesn't stop, everybody else is supposed to stop for him or get out of his way! Then when he gives his advice to JYJ but he is really giving it to EB.  Finally, you can see a tiny touch of jealousy from EB as she is clearly taken aback by his taking JYJ's hand and paying her special attention. Even though we know he has no interest in JYJ and is all about his Eun Ki/Eun Bo.

The Queen Dowager is a schemer but she really isn't very bright.  First, her fake *cough cough I'm sick* behaviour to be allowed to judge the second round which the Grand Royal Dowager and Kyung saw right through. then her reaction to the salty food and realising she allowed EB through to the next round was hilarious:lol::lol::lol:

- Sorry. I just finished episode 8 with no subtitles and no kiss (yet!:sweatingbullets:) but they are finally making progress in their relationship:D

11 hours ago, Lilona said:

I'm personally thinking that the main villain in this story not only Fox minister but the Father's friend... How he called Eun Bo insignificant puppet.... This man is no good.

Baek Ja Young is definitely a villain even though he thinks he is a hero. He is worse than JHG (fox minister) IMO because he was friends with he father and even saw Eun Bo grow up but he has no qualms about lying to her and using her for his own agenda. 

8 hours ago, wizuwizu said:

Ooh when I saw that I went, "I told me so!" Though, I was a little surprised how BJY was more ruthless than even LJH. He really is ready to sacrifice anyone to further his/their goal. Now that EB's mom is under his care, I wonder if he is going to hold her against EB if EB ever disobey/threaten his plan.

I like that Kyung really take after his grandma the Queen Dowager :D It's like a little detail that shows they are really family, and have spent a lot of time with each other. Both are intelligent and can easily see through other's BS. Makes it much easier to root for them.

Ending of ep.7 was not what I expected at all. EB lying to Kyung about being EK is going to bite her in the richard simmons...Kyung's not going to like it when he finds out.

Speculation: While I previously thought LJH and his posse were responsible for the shooting and EK's death in ep.1, did JHG admitted he is the one responsible in this episode (ep.7)? Seems like it when he was talking with GaePyeong.

- I thought LJH was the ruthless one but it's clear he is being used and manipulated by BJH too. I also think BJH might use EB's mother against her. That guy will sacrifice anyone for his "cause".  He doesn't realise he isn't any better-in fact he is worse-than the people he is rebelling against.  By contrast, we have seen how kind and caring the King is towards the people he cares about.

- So true! I'm so glad Lee Kyung takes after his shrewd grandmother rather than his silly mother.

- I was expecting EB to lie and say she was EK but at the same time i am dreading the further problems it's going to cause especially with Kyung when he finds out about her true identity. As the saying goes: "O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practise to deceive!"

8 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

Oh! so it was JoHeyngGyeon who hired the gunman to assassinate the King and EunKi.  Killing EunKi would be have been justifiable since YoungJi would then have a chance at a second selection but why kill the King? I have a strange feeling that the behavior of JHG's hired spy towards YoungJi is something more then just that of a servant and the master's daughter. 

What was the reason that JHG had his man framed Wal for the gunman's murder.  Guns that were used during the kings's assassination wasn't a matchlock gun. Buyong's Agency sold the information on the source of such guns to a 'gun merchant. If this was the case then JHG is covering his tracks. 

I do pity LJH. Apparently he is being used by BJY because of his festering grudge with the King. And now his infatuation with EunBo has turn into possessiveness after he finds out EunBo is vying for the queen's position. 

I didn't get that part in the second round of the selection. The girls were grouped in pairs and each pair have the same task. I thought the Queen Mother was suppose to make her choice without seeing their faces. YeSil and EunBo both presented their dish first. Didn;t Queen Mother saw EunBo then?

ps. Oh yes it just crossed my mind about the SALT. Apparently the maid hired by Queen Mother was ordered to put salt in EunBo's dish that was how she would flung her. 

-Yes, it's confirmed it was JHG who was behind the assassination attempt. JHG's man definitely likes Jo Young Ji but she just regards him as an older brother/servant.  

- I would feel bad for LJH isf he wasn't so willing to uise EB until he realised it was the girl he had fallen for.  He should have just been happy with the Grand Prince position and could have done well , maybe formed a friendship with Kyung but he is too insecure and greedy.

- About the second round of the selection. The Queen Mother knew Eun Bos was one of the two dishes but she didn't know which one.  She also knew  her hired Court Lady was going to ruin the dish with salt so when she tasted the salty dish (thanks to Ye Shil sabotaging herself:D) she was sure it was EB's 

6 hours ago, diane90 said:

As I said before; the culprit of the assassination will be sure one of the two : Lee Jae Hwa or Jo Heung Gyeon !

I never think of Kim Man Chan.. why ?? Bc he has a bloodline with the King !

Kim Man Chan is the father of The King's mother; I think all he wants is keeping the Queen's place

for Kim family. He doesn"t want the King's place !

And they ( King's mother, Kim Man Chan .....) look like " crazy dogs " who bite anyone they don't like , they don't

think very deeply what they'll do .

But, Left Minister and LJH are differents, they are.........snakes ! very dangerous !

even Jo Young Il too, what father what daughter....she makes friend with Eun Bo just waiting

to stab her on the back ! different with Song Yi.....she shows her character very clear,

when she ordered to kidnappe Eun Bo  just pass the time but noy kill her !

The same with back Jae Yong, he tells Eun Bo that he helped her to revenge her father but

on the back, he used her. I think one day Eun Bo can hear he calls her a puppet, she'll open her eyes !

and one day if they discover that Eun Bo falls in love with the King, they'll .....eliminate her;

both LJH & BJY do !

I agree Minister Kim and the Kim clan might be aggressive but they certainly do not want to kill a family member. They just want to preserve the Kim clan's power and the Queen Mother being a Kim is an asset for them. If they remove the King, she will no longer be the Queen Mother and they will lose power.  I definitely prefer Kim Song Yi to Jo Yong Ji.  KSY doesn't hide her ambition or her thoughts. She doesn't pretend to be nice or friends with people and is straight up about being nasty! JYJ is a sly like her father.  Always sneaking around and spying and hiding her true intentions. Pretending to be friends with EB but guarantee she is ready to stab her in the back at the first opportunity.

I hope EB hides her feelings from Baek Ja Yong.  I agree he will get rid of her if he thinks she has taken the King's side. As I said, that guy is ruthless!

16 hours ago, imgreatgal said:

King and his grandmother allowed his (stupid, annoying, unattractive, meddling) mother to be the judge but they thwarted her plans to remove Eun Bo by adding rules. She has to blind judge by tasting the food without knowing who made it. They made 3 question options instead of 6 because it would be very easy to figure out which one Eun Bo made if each lady had a diff question. By making 2 have the same one, his mother would know which pair Eun Bo is in but not which dish was hers. Her friend helped out by adding the salt. 

Ep 8 was sweet but also sad. It was heartbreaking when he told her he knows she is lying/not telling the full truth but he chooses to believe her because the fact that she’s alive and admitting she’s Eun Ki is enough for him. It took 8 episodes to see his dimpled smile come out. I fear with  his overactive tear ducts that when he finds out who she really is and what she’s up to he’s going to drown the whole country with beautiful tears. 

Archived