[Drama 2019-2020] Selection: The War Between Women, 간택 - 여인들의 전쟁

0ly40

15 hours ago, raziela said:

Does anyone else think the one who planted the poison in Eun Bo's belongings was:

Yup it was clearly her :sweatingbullets: If there's one criticism I'd give so far for this drama, I think they can make some of their plot e.g. the poison planter a little less obvious. Even the premonition dream can be made more obscure, so that they'd be more like vague clues that Kyung would need to really think through and decipher, than outright playback of the scenes.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, wizuwizu said:

Yup it was clearly her :sweatingbullets: If there's one criticism I'd give so far for this drama, I think they can make some of their plot e.g. the poison planter a little less obvious. Even the premonition dream can be made more obscure, so that they'd be more like vague clues that Kyung would need to really think through and decipher, than outright playback of the scenes.

Awww I thought I was so smart getting the clue:confounded: (in my defence I'm usually terrible at mysteries :lol:)

Yes, the dreams are very obvious but this is a first time writer (although she did win an award) so maybe she isn't quite skilled enough at making the dreams more cryptic yet.

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

@raziela

I wouldn't say I hate it. I just think it's completely ridiculous and actually unnecessary. :)Because in the end it didn't really help Kyung that much. Yes, he knew that Eun Bo was kidnapped, yes he knew somebody would frame her. But it's not like he could avoid it or stop it from happening which is usually the case when people know the future or parts of it. In the end they can't change what's gonna happen. And I actually would like it more if he was a smart enough king to get behind all the scheming instead of having dreams leading his way.

What I don't like about it, it's really breaking the flow for me. I feel sometimes so immersed in the plot but then Kyung comes around with his dreams and I'm like "What!?". This drama was not promoted as some sort of fantasy drama and of course it isn't but at the same time this element feels so out of place.

Again, I knew it was coming when he survived that headshot but I will never like this element because it doesn't fit the drama. But I'll survive it just like Kyung survived that attack. :lol:

I don't mind them as much as you but I find the dreams frustrating because he is always reacting to the dreams rather than being pro-active about them.  It eventually helps Kyung get Eun Bo out of the trouble but doesn't stop the trouble happening.  I've said before if he at least tried to take some sort of preventive measures after his dreams it would be less frustrating especilly with his most recent dream when he finally understands how his dreams work.

It was actually promoted as a romantic fantasy drama from the start which was why some of us fans were wondering what the fantasy part would be as it wasn't clear from the synopsis.  I thought it was just going to be the whole King coming back to life part but it looks like it was also the dreams (and that prophecy about twins mentioned a few episodes ago by Hong Ki Ho that I am still waiting to hear more about!:lol:).

Another date for KyungBo this weekend:wub::

Apparently, if the drama can reach 7% ratings they will get a reward vacation:w00t::

Eun Bo stills:heart::

• Like 2

Spoiler

I saw a post that the wedding will be ep 10 but the photo they posted is so far out you can’t see who the bride is  :cry: There are also photos of them on a date outside the castle, riding a horse together and going to the beach. Looks like they were out all night. I hope this doesn’t mean someone else becomes the queen  

1 hour ago, joccu said:

I been thinking about queen selection and what if the fourh lady is picked as queen? not Jo lady, not kim lady and not eunbo but the fourth who´s name I can´t remember.

There’s no way that 4th candidate who is a nobody and poor as well will be selected to be queen. It’s either the horrible Kim one or it will be Eun Bo. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, joccu said:

I been thinking about queen selection and what if the fourh lady is picked as queen? not Jo lady, not kim lady and not eunbo but the fourth who´s name I can´t remember.

@joccu speculation (and possible spoiler)

Spoiler

I don't think so. Her name is Dan young and I'm pretty sure Dan Young is the one who framed Eun Bo for the poisoning so she is going to be eliminated

5 hours ago, lizzyd said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I saw a post that the wedding will be ep 10 but the photo they posted is so far out you can’t see who the bride is  :cry: There are also photos of them on a date outside the castle, riding a horse together and going to the beach. Looks like they were out all night. I hope this doesn’t mean someone else becomes the queen  

There’s no way that 4th candidate who is a nobody and poor as well will be selected to be queen. It’s either the horrible Kim one or it will be Eun Bo. 

Spoiler

I'm happy we finally find out this weekend who is selected as Queen so they don't drag out the selection process for too long. 

I'm looking forward to more KyungBo time together and their late night date:heart: 

If it has to be someone besides Eun Bo, I think I would rather it was Kim Song Yi.   She is vicious but she only wants power.  So long as she is Queen I don't think she would care if Kyung was still in love with Eun Bo.  On the other hand, Young Ji definitely wants Kyung's heart too and she will never have that which will be a problem.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@razielaI would rather it be Young Ji because at least she loves him. With Eun Bo positioned to crush his heart it would be sad to have him marry someone who only wants to use him. I’m hoping that for the last test, Eun Bo will put in her box that what she’s willing to give up is the military power being offered to the chosen queen and then with that she will win and he can just marry her and they can kiss and cuddle for the remaining 6 eps. 

I am happy that Eun Bo is finally falling for the king. I don’t think Eun Ki had any feelings for him. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

You know I somehow think Kyung knows that EB is not EK at least at the back of his mind. But I think he is willing to accept it face value because I suspect his guilt is immense.

Surprisingly I must admit I'm not too fussed on the dreams etc because looking at overall flow~ it makes sense :)

1 hour ago, lizzyd said:

@razielaI would rather it be Young Ji because at least she loves him. With Eun Bo positioned to crush his heart it would be sad to have him marry someone who only wants to use him. I’m hoping that for the last test, Eun Bo will put in her box that what she’s willing to give up is the military power being offered to the chosen queen and then with that she will win and he can just marry her and they can kiss and cuddle for the remaining 6 eps. 

I am happy that Eun Bo is finally falling for the king. I don’t think Eun Ki had any feelings for him. 

I agree with you - I think EK sensed that the king knew EB. And that thread connecting her to EB was important to her. I am not convinced that EK loved Kyung.

Somehow for me, I find YJ rather pathetic figure....in the end, for her goals, she is willing to allow the others to die. Imagine GP almost killed Kyung and murdered the Queen, in her mind, it's all acceptable as long as she gets what she wants...

i am not convinced she loves him to be honest.....it's more a fixation and that she covets him.....

:DThat's my read of the scenarios at least!^_^

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@PrincessMe2515He did mention that something about her eyes/gaze is different but considering the ban on twins due to the prophecy, I’m sure he couldn’t imagine that they are different people. Luckily he has shown he can and will forgive Eun Bo for everything so I hope the angst will be minimal and we will see more dimples. They did say they have a lot of scenes together in later eps. 

@raziela You’re right, she has an irrational crush on him because he helped her when she was little and also because he’s handsome probably. It’s similar to

The prince’s reaction to/feelings for Eun Bo. He really knows nothing about her other than that she’s the prettiest woman he has ever met. At least for Kyung and Eun Bo the day they spent together as children revealed quite a lot about themselves to each other. He knows she’s a little wild but brave and loyal. I do wonder if she had grown up to be ugly if he’d still love her. Hahahah

Eun Ki definitely knew that the king was referring to Eun Bo because she had the jade flower thing and I’m sure her twin told her about the meeting. She didn’t love the king. She barely knew him. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, lizzyd said:

It will be a very miserable for Young Ji because she will always be in one-sided love.  Song Yi's reasons for the marriage are standard as royal marriages were a business transaction back then so I don't think Kyung would have an issue with it.  He was doing the same during this second selection; until he saw Eun Bo he was just getting married because he had to for appearance sake. Kyung as a King marrying Eun Ki for love was actually more unusual!  I think his main issue would be not liking Song Yi's personality much lol:lol: He definitely doesn't take after the Kim side of his bloodline, thank goodness!

It's adorable seeing the growth of Eun Bo's feelings for the King now she realises he liked her all along.  It would be nice to have more insight into how Eun Ki felt about Kyung too.  I don't think she was in love but she did like him because he is a likebale (and handsome!) man.

I like your suggestion about what Eun Bo says she is willing to give up. I read a similar suggestion on Weibo too and they also mentioned by doing that she also removes herself from being a pawn for Baek Ja Yong. Good!B)  I definitely love your suggestion for the remaining six episodes. Kissing and cuddling for the next six episodes. I would be completely happy with that :love:  Episode 9 is going to be a frustrating one with Eun Bo arrested and Kyung trying to find the real culprit:angry: I hope they can clear it up quickly.  At least we know we have some Kyungbo dating and horse-riding to look forward in these episodes:wub:

3 hours ago, PrincessMe2515 said:

You know I somehow think Kyung knows that EB is not EK at least at the back of his mind. But I think he is willing to accept it face value because I suspect his guilt is immense.

Surprisingly I must admit I'm not too fussed on the dreams etc because looking at overall flow~ it makes sense :)

I agree with you - I think EK sensed that the king knew EB. And that thread connecting her to EB was important to her. I am not convinced that EK loved Kyung.

Somehow for me, I find YJ rather pathetic figure....in the end, for her goals, she is willing to allow the others to die. Imagine GP almost killed Kyung and murdered the Queen, in her mind, it's all acceptable as long as she gets what she wants...

i am not convinced she loves him to be honest.....it's more a fixation and that she covets him.....

:DThat's my read of the scenarios at least!^_^

I agree Kyung knows something isn't quite the same which is why he basically said to her he knows she is lying about something but as you said he feels so guilty and he is so relieved to have her back that he will overlook it.

Yes about your comments on  Young Ji! I think her feelings are closer to obsession than love.  She is completely fixated on him and doesn't care about anyone or anything else as long as she gets what she wants.

Some explanation for the 10 month age difference and way they address each from the vLive (as mentioned by @Lilona in her post above translating their vLive):D

(translation from lighthoney1610 IG)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

@lizzyd

I know right LOL!!!!!! - easiest Saquek romantic trope! I count 100 days my prince and moon embracing the sun, etc etc (list is endlessss..............) having this. I think it's hard for them to do otherwise because of how little time they have........... otherwise adult characters falling in love in a 16 ep drama! challengin unless you have long episodes and ignore other plot points. :D

And I do find it sort of adorables that Kyung fell in love with EB (@raziela hahhahahahah thanks for correcting!). Think given her personality, it was maybe like a huriccane hitting him all at once!:wub::wub: She is memorable we have to admit

@raziela

Omg, my OTP heart is shipping!!! Lol, kiddign! they are adorables together! hahaha my laugh first things today:wub:

Btw - as a new point, the actress playing Kyung's mother.....is it just me or is her acting slightly painful to watch...............i find her reactions and acting odd....

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, PrincessMe2515 said:

And I do find it sort of adorables that Kyung fell in love with Kyung. Think given her personality, it was maybe like a huriccane hitting him all at once!:wub::wub: She is memorable we have to admit

Hee hee!  i think you mean fell in love with Eun Bo, no?  Kyung is very awesome but I don't know if her  is in love with himself:lol::lol::lol:  It  definitely was like a hurricane for him and it was adorable how he fell for her and was waiting for her for 10 years.  He was so excited in Episode 1 when he found her (or thought he had) and such a lovestruck puppy when Eun ki (Eun Bo!) reappeared for the second selection and now she has revealed herself to him.  Such a faithful man :wub::wub::wub:

Omg, my OTP heart is shipping!!! Lol, kiddign! they are adorables together! hahaha my laugh first things today:wub:

:blush:

Btw - as a new point, the actress playing Kyung's mother.....is it just me or is her acting slightly painful to watch...............i find her reactions and acting odd....

I think it's because she has had lots of plastic surgery and botox so her face looks odd especially when she is trying to show emotions.  However, I think it almost works because the Queen mother is so annoying, shallow and manipulative like when she is trying  to act sick (whilst Kyung and his grandmother are rolling their eyes at her foolishness:lol:) so her face kind of goes along with her fake personality (sorry to actress Cho Eun Sook:ph34r:)

Text preview for Episode 9 (credit lighthoney1610 IG for translation):

Spoiler

The royal palace turned upside down when Eunbo was named as the culprit behind the murder of the court lady. Kyung is in shocked when all the evidences point to Eunbo. In the end, the third round is temporarily suspended and Eunbo is being taken to the Uijeongbu. Eunbo who’s being locked up heard the situation from Wal and found out she is being framed. Eunbo through Wal, informed her false charge to Baek Jayong and Great Dowager. At the unfamiliar and fearful place, Kyung’s face came across in her mind, her heart is weakened by that.
Meanwhile, Kyung remembered in his dream the night before there is one woman hiding in Eunbo’s place. He suspected Songyi and Youngji but there is no concrete evidence. The ministers pressed Kyung to question Eunbo. Kyung managed to find the woman who hide the poison in Eunbo’s bag. Because of that the real culprit behind the murder of the court lady is revealed.

Short but sweet viki interview^_^:

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, PrincessMe2515 said:

Wow that text preview basically translates entire eppie

It sure does. I think it’s supposed to be hidden under the spoiler function so we don’t get in trouble. 

@PrincessMe2515 @raziela

I agree that the king’s mom is a terrible actress and her plastic surgery face is scary to me, especially with the too wide eyes. 

I know that both of the other two candidates would not be compatible with the king’s personality but realistically it’s unlikely the king would have only one wife anyway. I appreciate how he respects and goes along with Eun Bo’s choices even if he doesn’t agree. I really hope they get a happy ending. I also can’t decide what his grandmother is up to too. I hope she is on his side. She didn’t seem as upset as she should have been when he died at the beginning. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

34 minutes ago, PrincessMe2515 said:

Wow that text preview basically translates entire eppie

:lol::lol::lol:I think (hope) that's just the first half of the episode because in the preview for last week we also saw a KyungBo hug:wub:, the the Grand Royal Dowager and Queen Mother and other ladies judging the selection-_-, Minister Jo closing in on the real Hong Yeon and threatening Kyung:angry:

ETA: I have put the text preview in a spoiler bar now

New article and points to look forward to:

(credit lighthoney1610 IG for translation)

• Like 4

i am so excited - i feel conflicted about weekends now. on the one hand, i want to last longer but then again if it does it will be longer before I can watch the series:tears:

3 hours ago, lizzyd said:

It sure does. I think it’s supposed to be hidden under the spoiler function so we don’t get in trouble. 

@PrincessMe2515 @raziela

I agree that the king’s mom is a terrible actress and her plastic surgery face is scary to me, especially with the too wide eyes. 

I know that both of the other two candidates would not be compatible with the king’s personality but realistically it’s unlikely the king would have only one wife anyway. I appreciate how he respects and goes along with Eun Bo’s choices even if he doesn’t agree. I really hope they get a happy ending. I also can’t decide what his grandmother is up to too. I hope she is on his side. She didn’t seem as upset as she should have been when he died at the beginning. 

Yup i get the comic angle but her expressions are painful to watch......

I agree that its unrealistic that kings only have one women only......I'd really like to see more of their interactions , think that would allow us to better understand the attraction...........

fascniating to watch the hero being all in and the heroine the one ambiguous..

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@raziela, thanks for posting the translated preview under the spoiler and the pictures of the OTP’s second outings, because a week is a long time for us eager fans to wait.

The plot is moving along quickly.  The latest setup for EB will be resolved in the next episode.  I hope to see  more scenes of our OTP together.

I think the King will forgive EB even EB has lied to him about her true identity “twin”.  He has been just ecstatic that EK is alive and has come back to him, and because of that, he’ll forgive her. He would also understand the dilemma EB is in, being one of the twins at a time when having twins was not allowed.  I wonder if the former king killed all twins, merely based on a prophecy by a shaman that twins will bring a downfall to his reign.

According to the lady shaman,  using  the dream power to foresee the future will take a tow on the king's health.  I hope this is not to foreshadow that the king will die, but perhaps to let EB know how unconditional and deep is the king's love for her.

I like the director’s attention to the fine details, for example, the king slides his hand down to hold EB’s hand outside the little shop and  EB’s face blushed (cheeks goes from pale to pink) after seeing the king when she’s on the way to the final challenge.

I look forward to this weekend’s episodes and hope to see OTP’s second outings to be a happy.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

New stills for episode 9:bawling::bawling::bawling:

10 hours ago, PrincessMe2515 said:

i am so excited - i feel conflicted about weekends now. on the one hand, i want to last longer but then again if it does it will be longer before I can watch the series:tears:

Yup i get the comic angle but her expressions are painful to watch......

I agree that its unrealistic that kings only have one women only......I'd really like to see more of their interactions , think that would allow us to better understand the attraction...........

fascniating to watch the hero being all in and the heroine the one ambiguous..

I am the same about the weekends. So wrapped up in this drama:lol:

I know only one woman for a King is unrealistic but I prefer the suspension of disbelief:lol:

Agreed. It is nice to see a bit of a role reversal where the hero-especially a king- is the romantic, devoted one and the heroine is more guarded.

2 hours ago, kdramafan1 said:

@raziela, thanks for posting the translated preview under the spoiler and the pictures of the OTP’s second outings, because a week is a long time for us eager fans to wait.

The plot is moving along quickly.  The latest setup for EB will be resolved in the next episode.  I hope to see  more scenes of our OTP together.

I think the King will forgive EB even EB has lied to him about her true identity “twin”.  He has been just ecstatic that EK is alive and has come back to him, and because of that, he’ll forgive her. He would also understand the dilemma EB is in, being one of the twins at a time when having twins was not allowed.  I wonder if the former king killed all twins, merely based on a prophecy by a shaman that twins will bring a downfall to his reign.

According to the lady shaman,  using  the dream power to foresee the future will take a tow on the king's health.  I hope this is not to foreshadow that the king will die, but perhaps to let EB know how unconditional and deep is the king's love for her.

I like the director’s attention to the fine details, for example, the king slides his hand down to hold EB’s hand outside the little shop and  EB’s face blushed (cheeks goes from pale to pink) after seeing the king when she’s on the way to the final challenge.

I look forward to this weekend’s episodes and hope to see OTP’s second outings to be a happy.

You're welcome!:)

AGreed.  I think the King will forgive her anything.  Although, he might be hurt and confused at first especially as having to hide was the fault of the prophecy.

I wonder when the king will reveal his dreams to Eun Bo. I am very worried about the lady shaman's foreshadowing about the King's health:ph34r:

Yes,, I love those little details. Kyung made EB blush the same way when they were children and now making her blush as an adult:wub:Did you see the making video with the hand holding scene, though? It was hilarious as KMK couldn't get it quite right at first:lol:

• Like 2

I feel the same way- looking forward to more eps but dreading when the show will end. This is why I never watch live dramas. I don’t have the patience. I wake up at crack of dawn just to peek at bits of the ep while waiting for the subs to come out. 

Spoiler

Re: the preview for ep 10, if that kiss doesn’t happen tomorrow I’m going to explode! Also, I’m sad for her that it appears she won’t be queen but at this point, they’d just poison or shoot her (again) if she becomes queen. I’m curious about her referring to herself as the king’s woman. In Chinese dramas you only say that after you’ve slept together but I’m guessing korean sageuks are diff. 

• Like 4