Jump to content

[Drama 2019-2020] Selection: The War Between Women, 간택 - 여인들의 전쟁


0ly40
 Share

Recommended Posts

So JO lady became the queen.  Now what is Queen Jo going to do bc The KIng is in love with EUnbo? Is she going to harm eunbo or try to kill the king?

 

Does someone know is this going to air this weekend bc off the lunar year celebarition?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched ep.10, and I can say I like where the story is going. Of course, Minister Jo was annoying to the max. But that's credit to the actor, and the writing in the sense that as @diane90 mentioned (as well as what I've seen in other sageuks, not that many though) the King here really is not all powerful like one would be in other nations/cultures. The King relies more on having his 'people' in key positions in court. Unfortunately for Kyung, the two factions in court are both against him due to their greed and personal interest. On the other hand, I also agree with some of you here that the cunning ministers are not at all stealthy in making their moves, so it makes Kyung seem even more helpless despite his position. The only people who are really on the side are Queen Dowager, Eunuch Hwang, and Han-mo.

 

On another note, I'm interested to see why in the scene where Kyung went in for the kiss, he cried (there was a drop of tear falling :sweatingbullets:). LJH really does not care what EB thinks of him at this point, so I feel like his end is coming soon.

Edited by wizuwizu
sp.
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m furious that Jo became the Queen! I was rooting for Eun Bo! This drama is so frustrating the King can barely do anything all the ministers are controlling him even his mother is being controlling also I was thinking his mother wanted him to make that evil girl from the Kim family his Queen, but aren’t they related that bit baffled me, I watched half of episode 10 and I’m taking a short break as it’s so frustrating with the bad guys getting their way!

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Greta Masalskyte Just like in Europe back in the day, marrying someone related on your mother’s side was okay. Yes, it’s yucky knowing what we know now but it was common practice back then, especially in court or among the aristocrats. 

 

Spoiler

I forgot who mentioned here that it would be nice if the king had only woman- but I laughed when in the preview one of the other wives complained that king only sleeps with Eun Bo. Hahaha He did wait 10 years for her! Boy has to make up for lost time. Lol 

 

@wizuwizu I think you meant why was he crying when he kissed her in the preview? There was an autocorrect so I think that’s what you meant. I’m trying to figure out the sequence of events in the preview. I think it’s an angry tear from finding out she’s been lying about who she is and possibly also finding out she’s plotting with people to kill him, but realizing he still loves her no matter what and hoping that despite all that, she does love him a little. That’s why the kiss is way more aggressive than the gentle one he tried in ep 10. I know he understands why she would want to avenge her sister and her father because he said so at the fabric place. I hope they resolve the storyline about her identity by the next episode because he really needs her on his side, not just because they love each other but because she’s the ONLY pawn both sides have been using this whole show. In the preview she says that she loves him in the past, the present, and for forever. Hopefully he will believe her. I wonder if he will have a dream that will prevent her from drinking the poison or if it will just not turn out to be deathly poison

On a random note, I am totally here for Dimples but I couldn’t help but notice in so 10 when she was asleep on his shoulder, Jin Se Yeon is so pretty! No wonder he waited 10 years for her! But what if she had grown up to look like the rather large-boned candidate? Anyway, it’s rare now to see a face that’s pretty much natural.

 

Like @razielaI can also spot plastic/fillers a mile away. I used to work at a children’s hospital plastic surgery clinic where our patients had plastic surgery mostly for congenital defects. Some of the surgeries they’re doing in Asia should not be done until kids have finished growing and we actually do hand xrays to confirm their bones are done growing.  In addition, they are followed closely by a psychologist to make sure they are in the right state of mind to make these decisions. I know that there is huge pressure to look perfect in the industry but it’s despicable of these money grubbing agencies and doctors to be doing this to teens and preteens who are too young to really know what they’ve signed up for. Besides the impact on their physical appearance, the need for repeat surgeries in the future because it was done before their faces were done growing/changing, they are also causing irreversible damage to their mental health. Anyway, excessive plastic surgery bothers me a lot, especially when it ruins an other use good actor’s ability to move his/her face and emote. Also, some of the nose jobs make their voices too nasally. 

  • Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Trailer for Episode 11:kiss_wink::

Grand Royal Dowager:  The king is only seeing Consort Hong neglecting the Queen?

Minister Kim: What would be the problem? We just need to prevent her from getting pregnant.

Eun Bo: No, I will never do that!

Baek Ja Yong: You will have to.  your mother's life depends on it.

Eun Bo: Must you be this way?

Lee Jae Hwa: You won;t have time to hesitate

Lee Kyung: Sometimes when I see you, you feel like a different person

Lee Kyung: You're not Eun Ki.  Who are you? Tell me who you are!  Tell me!

Eun Bo: I loved you. I sill love you. I will only love you for the rest of my life.

(transcript taken from Viki as I haven't found the video uploaded with English subs anywhere yet)

 

18 hours ago, xprosperity said:
Spoiler

 

Hello all! Joining this thread and I truly enjoyed reading all of your comments up until now. I recently finished Chocolate and could absolutely use another drama to help with withdrawal. I was watching both dramas as it was ongoing. Like many, this wouldn't be my usual but the plot and leads were too absorbing! Well, one episode turned into two, and now ten- and so the waiting game begins for the weekend. I'm so disappointed to see that this drama isn't being received well here with many threads, but I'm glad that we all appreciate it together here!

 

I wish that this was a longer drama. So far, I have literally seen ALL of the ministers going head to head against the king. I feel like the Queen Dowager is on his side (kind of but totally debatable) but the Queen Mother, obviously, isn't. 

 

The now-Queen, Ji Hwa literally is obsessed with the king but it is a political arrangement so I knew he was going to tell her off and break off any of her hopes of this being actually real. 

 

From the get go, Kyung probably knew that there was something off about Eun Bo lying about being Eun Ki, especially when EB had said that she was afraid of water (when her sister wasn't). It was a sneaky try from Kyung to catch her though, with the whole lantern scenario. I still think he won't care because she's truly sincere about her feelings toward him, and the fact that he's too deep in the whole relationship too. 

 

Ji-Hwa may not be harmful toward the storyline right now, but I can definitely see her turning evil in the next couple of episodes since Kyung told her off. She may team up with her father to humiliate the king as a payback, but I sense that her father (especially JH's family) and the entire Kim family will not escape trouble, including the prince for possibly revolting against Kyung. I'm glad that EB found out about it early. Wal is going to play a crucial role in finding that man with the symbol on the back of his neck, which we can likely tell it's Gye Pyeong at this point... I feel bad for GP though, he really does everything out of love and protection for JH and that's how JH's dad gets him to do all of these crazy missions...

 

I hope that EB will be forgiven by Kyung quickly after explaining what happened, and I hope no one dies with the poison in the next episode (no sacrifices please!)... Can I shout out Eunuch Hwang and Han Mo please? They're my favorite characters in the drama right now.

 

 

Welcome to the thread!:blush: So happy you are enjoying the drama.  I love the King's wingmen Han Mo and, especially, Eunuch Hwang.  He is captain, vice captain and treasurer of the KyungBo ship:lol:

 

18 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Episode 10.

Aigoo ...that minister JOHeungGyeon, He still want to kill the King again (Once his daughter become Queen)?? Does he want LeeJaeHwa to become the King?? (As he was the one who brought LJH from hiding). Does LJH know JHG or what is their connection? Or.. Do we have another hidden 3rd Prince? LOL 

 

Interesting, the 3 ladies compete before the selection and after they got selected as Queen and Concubines. And I can't believe the King LK kept 3 of them:D. I'm looking forward for the scene between King LK visiting concubine SongYi, Hahaha..that would be an epic scene of SongYi telling the King in her mean, self-confident, and aggressive way like: "Excuse me, Jeonha!, you have to sleep here tonight because I won't let you leave this room! *wink*" 

Jo Heung Gyeon plan is for his daughter to have a Crown Prince, then kill the King off. Once the King has an heir, the Jo clan will be the most powerful at court.  Young Ji (but not really. We know it will be her father making their decisions and pulling the strings) will be regent until the Crown Prince is of age to be King.

Not that there is going to be a potential Jo grandson because Kyung isn't going to be "gracing" (aka having sex with her. I hate that euphemism:vicx:) if he can help it!:P  He is definitely going to be put under pressure by minister Jo and his minions though as she is now the "mother of the nation" and his legal wife so it won't look good if he is neglecting her 

Lee Jae Hwa was only of use when they thought the King was dead.  He is of no use to Minister Jo now his daughter is Queen. 

 

Kyung only agreed to Kim Song Yi as a way of placating the Kim clan and getting Eun Bo as his concubine too. If he had only picked Eun Bo the Kims would cause problems and all their anger would be directed at her. At least now Sony Yi is a concubine they think they have a chance of getting her into the King's bed.  I don't see Kyung ever "gracing" Song Yi either unless he is blackmailed or something.  He didn't choose her for himself and she is only a concubine so he doesn't have to sleep with her.  In a way, despite her family backing Song Yi is in the worst postion of the three: Eun Bo has the King's heart and Young Ji has the Queen title.  It's going to be a  bitter blow to someone as arrogant as Song Yi!

 

Quote

- To be honest, I want to pair LJH with SongYi in the future episodes.

Haha! It would be an interesting pairing but Song Yi can never marry anyone else.  The final three candidates are classed as the King's women so they must either live a life alone or if they are lucky (debatable lol!:rolleyes:)the King will make them his concubines.  For instance, remember the other Kim girl  who was in the final three of the first selection that Eun Ki won? She was neither chosen as a concubine nor will she ever be allowed to get married as she still technically belongs to the King. It's very unfair and a reason why a lot of noble families did not want their daughters to enter the selection process. 

 

16 hours ago, joccu said:

So JO lady became the queen.  Now what is Queen Jo going to do bc The KIng is in love with EUnbo? Is she going to harm eunbo or try to kill the king?

 

Does someone know is this going to air this weekend bc off the lunar year celebarition?

She will definitely make Eun Bo's life difficult and blame her for "seducing" the king away.  We already saw her sour reaction when she heard the king went to see Eun Bo on his wedding night. She doesn't know about her father's plan to kill the King and I don't think she would agree as she wants Kyung.

:lol:Happy news! The drama is still going to air this weekend despite the Lunar New Year:lol:

 

9 hours ago, Greta Masalskyte said:

I watched half of episode 10 and I’m taking a short break as it’s so frustrating with the bad guys getting their way!

You should finish episode 10.  There are lots of great scenes from Eun Bo telling BJH and LJH she isn't going to be their puppet to some adorable Kyung x Eun Bo scenes:heart:

11 hours ago, wizuwizu said:

Just watched ep.10, and I can say I like where the story is going. Of course, Minister Jo was annoying to the max. But that's credit to the actor,

The actor is AMAZING though.  That scene where he cornered Kyung at the end of episode 9 was incredible and his final smile when he knew he had won.

 

Will come back later to comment on @wizuwizu and @lizzyd posts and the episodes because this post is already too long:sweatingbullets:!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hahahaha it happens exactly that I said....Jo's daughter becomes Queen 

and The King doesn't want consommation !

I saw in the prevew of next ep....the writer wants resolve the twin's problem first

I see EB looks like Ra On in Love in the moonlight......they are very strongs in the beginning

like tomboys; and slowly slowly, they become weaks and not smarts anymore !

I'm a little disappointed, she should be smart & strong to find the culprit and help LK to clear her father's name !

Let's me guess ....they'll revolt, LJH & Jo Minister, in the fights .....Jo orders to kill the King

and Jong Il will sacrifice to save the man she loves 

and LJH will sacrifice too for EB the woman he loves like Prince YE in TMETS !???

I"d like a sageuk not too long as Jumong, Dong Yi, Lee San.....

but not too short.........24eps are good enough !

Bc there are many problems in the palace, 16 eps can't resolve them

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, raziela said:

Kyung only agreed to Kim Song Yi as a way of placating the Kim clan and getting Eun Bo as his concubine too. If he had only picked Eun Bo the Kims would cause problems and all their anger would be directed at her. At least now Sony Yi is a concubine they think they have a chance of getting her into the King's bed.  I don't see Kyung ever "gracing" Song Yi either unless he is blackmailed or something.  He didn't choose her for himself and she is only a concubine so he doesn't have to sleep with her.  In a way, despite her family backing Song Yi is in the worst postion of the three: Eun Bo has the King's heart and Young Ji has the Queen title.  It's going to be a  bitter blow to someone as arrogant as Song Yi!

Very good points about KimSongYi and EunBo as concubines. Our King is so smart.

To me SongYi has stronger character than the Queen Jo. As we all see how bad SongYi's tantrum was each time she failed a mission during the selection, I think SY won't sit still hearing the King favouring EunBo and neglecting the Queen. SY is there to make move or complaint. IMO, based on her character, instead of waiting for the King to visit her in her room, Our SongYi is more likely to visit the King in his room :D. On her own initiative. LOL

 

Poor EunBo ya... what is she going to do with that poison? She's alone now in the palace, I think she needs Governor Hong or Wal for their opinions.

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After some elements who make me thinking of TMETS

and nos with the propheties dreams of the King and how he changes 

his future by changing his dreams.......make me thinking of

" Another Oh Hae Young " hahahaha !

Bon.....I'd like watching this drama :heart:

  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@lizzyd ahh yes I misspelled kiss as case haha! I was half-asleep while making that post. And yeah, I too think it was an aggressive kiss, as if it's the last kiss he could give her before pushing her away thinking she's on the enemies' side. Or he was frustrated with their situation and his enemies. In any case, there is (are?) kissing scene(s) next week.

 

4 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

To me SongYi has stronger character than the Queen Jo. As we all see how bad SongYi's tantrum was each time she failed a mission during the selection, I think SY won't sit still hearing the King favouring EunBo and neglecting the Queen. SY is there to make move or complaint. IMO, based on her character, instead of waiting for the King to visit her in her room, Our SongYi is more likely to visit the King in his room :D. On her own initiative. LOL

I think JYJ is going undergoing her arc of turning full-on evil/sly like her father. She already looked like she's throwing away her "innocent girl" personality ever since we saw her ask GaePyeong to basically die for her.

 

@diane90 I prefer shorter dramas myself. Somewhere between 8 to 16 episodes, but not more because long dramas usually have either boring or pointless fillers. That said, if the storyline is too long/complex, maybe Korean dramas should consider making series/seasons like western TV shows. In any case, dramas with many, many episodes just turn me off :sweatingbullets: I just don't have the 'endurance' or patience for them.

 

On 1/19/2020 at 10:53 PM, raziela said:

Having said that, I actually think she is doing a good job in the role especially with how she can carry her voice when she is outraged or angry and I find her character very entertaining. However, her cosmetic procedures do hinder some of her facial expressions.

I'll also be honest here, plastic surgery didn't come across my mind while watching the Queen Mother in this drama, though I'm reminded of it now since you guys have been mentioning it. That said, I too think she played her part well (not sure if it's 100% her acting, or 50-50 with facial conditions). I thought it was a nice touch for her character to be so restrained with her outburst in front of Kyung or other court officials, especially since we know she doesn't act as classy when she's surrounded by her family.

  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello everyone! I was a little disappointed that they were trolling us on the kiss. But then again it made since that EB backed away. She probably didn’t want him to kiss her until she tells him that she is EB, not EK. I have a feeling for the upcoming episodes next week, there will be noble idiocy on EB part and hopefully they don’t drag it out b/c there’s only 6 more episodes left. Unfortunately LK is written as a weak and politically inexperienced king who is being threatened by the Left State Minister to make his daughter Queen in exchange of protecting EB cover.  I was baffled by Queen Jo calling LK cruel when he told her don’t waste her time loving him b/c she will never receive love back! 
 

Based on the latest preview, I think Wal may be the one to reveal to LK on EB identity.  Once the cat is out of the bag on EB being the dead queen twin, LK and EB can team up and take down the evil doers!  
 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2020 at 3:01 PM, wizuwizu said:
Spoiler

 

Just watched ep.10, and I can say I like where the story is going. Of course, Minister Jo was annoying to the max. But that's credit to the actor, and the writing in the sense that as @diane90 mentioned (as well as what I've seen in other sageuks, not that many though) the King here really is not all powerful like one would be in other nations/cultures. The King relies more on having his 'people' in key positions in court. Unfortunately for Kyung, the two factions in court are both against him due to their greed and personal interest. On the other hand, I also agree with some of you here that the cunning ministers are not at all stealthy in making their moves, so it makes Kyung seem even more helpless despite his position. The only people who are really on the side are Queen Dowager, Eunuch Hwang, and Han-mo.

 

On another note, I'm interested to see why in the scene where Kyung went in for the kiss, he cried (there was a drop of tear falling :sweatingbullets:). LJH really does not care what EB thinks of him at this point, so I feel like his end is coming soon.

 

 

- I'm hoping Hong Ki Ho takes the Minister of justice job so the King finally has his own man in court.  We have seen in the recent episodes HKH is a good person with morals and he thinks of EB as a person rather than a tool like Baek Ja Yong.  Maybe because he has a daughter too..  I also think that now he has spent more time with the King much like EB and her father he has a good opinion of him.  I was relieved he cut ties with the Wang Yi group. That's a morally bankrupt, fanatical sinking ship.

- The number of times I have watched that kiss in the trailer:flushed: and I didn't notice the tear until you mentioned it. I wonder if they are relieved tears as he's finally found out EB is is his real childhood love.

- LJH is despicable. He seems to want to punish EB just because she didn't choose him. Aside from empathising with the less fortunate there is nothing that makes me think LJH would make a good or better King than Kyung.

 

On 1/20/2020 at 11:45 PM, lizzyd said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

I forgot who mentioned here that it would be nice if the king had only woman- but I laughed when in the preview one of the other wives complained that king only sleeps with Eun Bo. Hahaha He did wait 10 years for her! Boy has to make up for lost time. Lol 

 

@wizuwizu I think you meant why was he crying when he kissed her in the preview? There was an autocorrect so I think that’s what you meant. I’m trying to figure out the sequence of events in the preview. I think it’s an angry tear from finding out she’s been lying about who she is and possibly also finding out she’s plotting with people to kill him, but realizing he still loves her no matter what and hoping that despite all that, she does love him a little. That’s why the kiss is way more aggressive than the gentle one he tried in ep 10. I know he understands why she would want to avenge her sister and her father because he said so at the fabric place. I hope they resolve the storyline about her identity by the next episode because he really needs her on his side, not just because they love each other but because she’s the ONLY pawn both sides have been using this whole show. In the preview she says that she loves him in the past, the present, and for forever. Hopefully he will believe her. I wonder if he will have a dream that will prevent her from drinking the poison or if it will just not turn out to be deathly poison

On a random note, I am totally here for Dimples but I couldn’t help but notice in so 10 when she was asleep on his shoulder, Jin Se Yeon is so pretty! No wonder he waited 10 years for her! But what if she had grown up to look like the rather large-boned candidate? Anyway, it’s rare now to see a face that’s pretty much natural.

 

Spoiler

Like @razielaI can also spot plastic/fillers a mile away. I used to work at a children’s hospital plastic surgery clinic where our patients had plastic surgery mostly for congenital defects. Some of the surgeries they’re doing in Asia should not be done until kids have finished growing and we actually do hand xrays to confirm their bones are done growing.  In addition, they are followed closely by a psychologist to make sure they are in the right state of mind to make these decisions. I know that there is huge pressure to look perfect in the industry but it’s despicable of these money grubbing agencies and doctors to be doing this to teens and preteens who are too young to really know what they’ve signed up for. Besides the impact on their physical appearance, the need for repeat surgeries in the future because it was done before their faces were done growing/changing, they are also causing irreversible damage to their mental health. Anyway, excessive plastic surgery bothers me a lot, especially when it ruins an other use good actor’s ability to move his/her face and emote. Also, some of the nose jobs make their voices too nasally. 

 

:lol::lol::lol: at Kyung making up for lost time after 10 years!  Between his comment on his wedding night that he will come back soon and she should wait for him inside her bedroom this time and the smile on his face when he told her the Royal Physician had sent the message giving the OK for consummation you know he is more than ready to start "gracing" her;)  And both times poor, innocent Eun Bo didn't quite understand what he was referring to straight away:lol: I bet by the time she returns from her visit he has already scheduled their first night together:lol:  From the trailer for episode 11 it's definitely going to cause problems the King is so obviously favouring a concubine especially if he is already planning to spend the night with her before he has so much as touched the Queen.

- Yes, JSY looked so pretty during the sleeping scene:wub:  Haha, maybe Kyung would love her anyway if she was big-boned.  He loved her personality as children but it is certainly a bonus she turned out to be beautiful too.  No shade to Ye Shil who might be a larger lady but I'm sure she would be a much better Queen than some of the other finalists:lol:

- Agreed with you regarding plastic surgery.  Some of these surgeons and aestheticians are exploiting vulnerable people.

 

On 1/21/2020 at 8:54 AM, diane90 said:
Spoiler

 

Hahahaha it happens exactly that I said....Jo's daughter becomes Queen 

and The King doesn't want consommation !

I saw in the prevew of next ep....the writer wants resolve the twin's problem first

I see EB looks like Ra On in Love in the moonlight......they are very strongs in the beginning

like tomboys; and slowly slowly, they become weaks and not smarts anymore !

I'm a little disappointed, she should be smart & strong to find the culprit and help LK to clear her father's name !

Let's me guess ....they'll revolt, LJH & Jo Minister, in the fights .....Jo orders to kill the King

and Jong Il will sacrifice to save the man she loves 

and LJH will sacrifice too for EB the woman he loves like Prince YE in TMETS !???

I"d like a sageuk not too long as Jumong, Dong Yi, Lee San.....

but not too short.........24eps are good enough !

Bc there are many problems in the palace, 16 eps can't resolve them

 

 

I've noticed in Kdramas as soon as the female leads fall in  love the drama seems to make them weaker.  I get EB is no longer blind with rage but I would like to see more of EB actively trying to find her sister's killer now.  To be fair, right now she is trying to get used to her new postion and navigating the Palace. Also I guess she knows Wal is looking into it so he will update if there is any progress.

I also wish the drama was a little longer.  There is so much to cover and so many characters. I think 24 episodes is a tad too long but I think 20 episodes would have been a good length.

 

On 1/21/2020 at 9:54 AM, PororoQueen said:
Spoiler

 

Very good points about KimSongYi and EunBo as concubines. Our King is so smart.

To me SongYi has stronger character than the Queen Jo. As we all see how bad SongYi's tantrum was each time she failed a mission during the selection, I think SY won't sit still hearing the King favouring EunBo and neglecting the Queen. SY is there to make move or complaint. IMO, based on her character, instead of waiting for the King to visit her in her room, Our SongYi is more likely to visit the King in his room :D. On her own initiative. LOL

 

Poor EunBo ya... what is she going to do with that poison? She's alone now in the palace, I think she needs Governor Hong or Wal for their opinions.

 

 

He is smart.  Also the Jo and Kim clan are more likely to compete with each other now they are both trying to get their daughters favoured by the King so, hopefully, he can play then off against each other.

Song yi is definitely a stronger character than Young Ji and much more fun to watch! Imagine if she did took the initiative.  Poor Kyung!:lol::lol::lol: It's interesting because  thinking about I don't think they have even had any scenes together.

 

I think she is going to take the poison as she is feeling hopeless.  She's already convinced herself that she is going to be punished for deceiving the King anyway and they can no longer threaten her mother if she is dead so she might as as well end her life now.

  

21 hours ago, wizuwizu said:

I think JYJ is going undergoing her arc of turning full-on evil/sly like her father. She already looked like she's throwing away her "innocent girl" personality ever since we saw her ask GaePyeong to basically die for her.

This! Especially now Kyung has outright rejected her and is lavishing attention on EB.

 

21 hours ago, wizuwizu said:

I'll also be honest here, plastic surgery didn't come across my mind while watching the Queen Mother in this drama, though I'm reminded of it now since you guys have been mentioning it. That said, I too think she played her part well (not sure if it's 100% her acting, or 50-50 with facial conditions). I thought it was a nice touch for her character to be so restrained with her outburst in front of Kyung or other court officials, especially since we know she doesn't act as classy when she's surrounded by her family.

LOL! Yes, I like the contrast between how she acts at Court and how she is more vulgar around her terrible family.  

 

18 hours ago, diane90 said:

@wizuwizu as I said it's for historical dramas/sageuk.....it's OK for 24eps max

bc in these dramas there are many problems to resolve

for romance dramas/rom-com.........16 eps max !

I agree with this!  I watch a lot of C-dramas and a lot of them are  way too long.  I don't think any rom-com needs to be 48 episodes and no matter how much I am enjoying a historical drama I cannot watch 80+ episodes<_< I think the longest Kdrama I watched was Queen Seon Deok which was about 62 episodes and that was too long IMO.

 

10 hours ago, emmaleigh said:
Spoiler

 

Hello everyone! I was a little disappointed that they were trolling us on the kiss. But then again it made since that EB backed away. She probably didn’t want him to kiss her until she tells him that she is EB, not EK. I have a feeling for the upcoming episodes next week, there will be noble idiocy on EB part and hopefully they don’t drag it out b/c there’s only 6 more episodes left. Unfortunately LK is written as a weak and politically inexperienced king who is being threatened by the Left State Minister to make his daughter Queen in exchange of protecting EB cover.  I was baffled by Queen Jo calling LK cruel when he told her don’t waste her time loving him b/c she will never receive love back! 
 

Based on the latest preview, I think Wal may be the one to reveal to LK on EB identity.  Once the cat is out of the bag on EB being the dead queen twin, LK and EB can team up and take down the evil doers!  

 

 

Hi! I agree she isn't comfortable for things to go further with them until he knows she is Eun Bo. I doubt we will get a proper kiss or a love scene until Kyung knows she is Eun Bo. You can see how uncomfortable Eun Bo is everytime Kyung calls her Eun Ki.  It's like a knot in her heart and she is still conflicted about whether he likes her or her sister better like when she asked him if he prefers her when she was more ladylike or her current self (which is the younger self he fell in love with).

 

I also think Wal will accidentally give away that she isn't EK. I can't wait for our OTP to be honest with each other. They will be stronger together!:heart:

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Never mind. Wrong thread!  Oops I am in correct thread.   The title of this forum is confusing.

 

HELP!  am stuck on episode 1.  keep rewinding and playing  trying to make sense of which twin is it.

 

Is the murdered twin the person the king meets up outside the palace that one night?   Or is it the wrong twin?   I am completely confused which twin is the correct one.  Hopefully I can move forward to other episodes after getting this cloud cleared.

Edited by mizv
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mizv said:

Never mind. Wrong thread!  Oops I am in correct thread.   The title of this forum is confusing.

 

HELP!  am stuck on episode 1.  keep rewinding and playing  trying to make sense of which twin is it.

 

Is the murdered twin the person the king meets up outside the palace that one night?   Or is it the wrong twin?   I am completely confused which twin is the correct one.  Hopefully I can move forward to other episodes after getting this cloud cleared.

Eun Ki is the twin marrying the King who was killed on her wedding day.  During the flashback, the King took her on a date to see the lantern celebration. 

Eun Bo is the living twin who works as a female shaman at the Palace and a secret informant business on the side.  She doesn't know her sister married the King and the King hasn't met her as an adult...yet.

 

Feel free to ask any other questions:)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@raziela  thank you!!!!!  I want to enjoy this drama not think so hard trying figure out the foundation of the story.  
So... The twins didn’t know each other as an adult?   I noticed mention  something about still looking for her sister all these years.  I got the impression it was mixed up cuz when the king approached EK(?). She didn’t recall the king.  Is this correct?  
He didn’t approach the wrong twin?  
the person who ran away when he woke up was EB?   
 

omg I’ve never thought so hard on episode 1.   I think if there was showing of different personalities I could differentiate between who is EK and EB.  but it opened with someone already dead and plus review of the past in 1 episode.....:w00t: confusing 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mizv said:

@raziela  thank you!!!!!  I want to enjoy this drama not think so hard trying figure out the foundation of the story.  
So... The twins didn’t know each other as an adult?   I noticed mention  something about still looking for her sister all these years.  I got the impression it was mixed up cuz when the king approached EK(?). She didn’t recall the king.  Is this correct?  
He didn’t approach the wrong twin?  
the person who ran away when he woke up was EB?   
 

omg I’ve never thought so hard on episode 1.   I think if there was showing of different personalities I could differentiate between who is EK and EB.  but it opened with someone already dead and plus review of the past in 1 episode.....:w00t: confusing 

Hahaha:lol::lol::lol: I don't know how many spoilers you want as it will be explained during the first four episodes.  However, the twins were separated when they where 10 years old. 

Yes, the King approached the wrong twin at the bride selection.  He thinks Eun Ki is Eun Bo.  The female shaman twin who ran away when he woke up is Eun Bo but he hasn't seen her face yet.  Eun Bo is actually the twin he fell in love with when he was a child and he has been looking for her ever since but he didn't know her name - he only knew her father's name. 

 

Eun Bo is the adventurous, curious tomboy twin and Eun Ki is the well-behaved and ladylike twin.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@razielaThanks that’s enough info to help clear up the confusion.   normally when an actor plays twin they really work it off to differentiate.  I couldn’t tell crap in this first episode.   will keep in mind the tip and continue forward 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow... this is the real beginning of the war in the palace.

Of course LK wants to spend the night with EB.

I liked her smile when he told her that. 

But the king may have to spend the night with the queen too.

It is a state matter.

I dont know how LK can get out of it.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is the translation to the preview:

  • (King's Grandmother) You mean the king is ignoring the queen and only looking for the concubine?
  • (Right Minister) What is the problem? Just stop him from doing it.
  • (EB) I don't want to. I can never!
  • (BJY) You will have to, your mother's life depend on it
  • (EK) Must you go this far?
  • (LJH) We don't have time to waste
  • (King) When I look at EB, she feels like someone else sometimes
  • (King) You are not EK. Who are you? Tell me who you are! Speak!
  • (EB) I loved you. I am in love with you. I am going to live rest of my life only loving the king.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..