[Drama 2019-2020] Selection: The War Between Women, 간택 - 여인들의 전쟁

0ly40

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, wizuwizu said:

Quickly caught up with ep. 11 and 12 last night, and I agree with all of you. I've really enjoyed the drama thus far, but ep. 12 particularly was suddenly underwhelming. There were plenty likable points of course, like the anticipated kissing scene, Kyung being furious after discovering EB's identity yet still helplessly in love with her,  Kyung putting JYJ in her place (harsh but well-deserved), etc. But there were less than satisfactory parts too like @raziela mentioned above, the sudden revelation about BJY and LJH's relationship. We weren't allowed to develop any attachment to their relationship beyond being conspirators so the plot fell flat. GP's blind loyalty to JYJ too was ridiculous, and it wasn't helped by how weirdly incredulous the scene at the end of ep.12 was. Everyone was just standing there, waiting for what? PDnim/Writer-nim should've used a different setup.

All that said, I still enjoy the drama, and hopefully we get an enjoyable ending. I don't mind a sad ending either, as long as it makes sense and serves to conclude/complete the whole story.

Episode 11 was so fantastic!  So many plot points resolves, Eun Bo revelation at last, Kyung using his brains to out smart his enemies put everything together, Kyung confirming who he loves and his feelings and THAT kiss:wub:. Annoyingly, the ratings for episode 11 fell because, whilst most channels cancelled their dramas over the New Year weekend, TV Chosun made the unwise decision to run it on Saturday which was Lunar New Year Day when ratings fall for all channels as everyone is out visiting family. At least the kiss became a hot topic and was in Naver top 10 videos.  It's now the most viewed QLAW video by far and got more people interested in the drama!:D 

In episode 12, GP's devotion makes sense to some extent as the drama has subtly shown that GP is hopelessly in love with JYJ. That's more foreshadowing than we ever got for BJY-LJH's relationship!:lol:   I agree the way the ending scene of epsidoe 12 was set-up and shot removed any tension and just made you want to yell at the characters instead!:lol:

9 hours ago, lizzyd said:

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/117747298.html?weibo_id=4466162366568603

Something to cheer everyone up a bit. Who knows if we’ll even get another kiss. 

Thank you for posting! I will be so disappointed if we only get one kiss (even though it was a GREAT kiss:flushed:).  This couple has such delicious chemistry and this director usually has lots of kisses and skinship in his dramas:bawling:

Here is the English translation of the Kiss Making video from the lovely lighthoney1610 IG:heart::

Original TV Chosun making video in the spoiler bar

Spoiler

The wrap party is this Thursday at 18:00 so let's hope we get some great pictures!:w00t:

Just finished the last two episodes.

Whenever LK and EB get a moment of happiness, there is always

someone to take them a step back.

That was a really beautiful kiss. 

These two, Eunuch Hwang and Wal,  always made me laugh. 

Some cute BTS pictures from JSY's IG:

Interview with Kim Min Kyu:) https://www.hancinema.net/actor-kim-min-kyu-has-hearts-fluttering-with-portrayal-of-king-in-period-drama-137901.html

Actor Kim Min-kyu is rapidly becoming a heartthrob thanks to his role as a king in TV Chosun's series "Queen: Love and War".

Set in the Chosun Dynasty, the period drama depicts the conspiracies and palace intrigues that take place amid the selection of a new queen.

Kim has been capturing viewers' hearts with his portrait of a young king reminiscent of the charismatic one played by Kim Soo-hyun in the megahit series "The Sun and the Moon" in 2012, as well as the gentle monarch played by Park Bo-gum in another successful series, "Moonlight Drawn by Clouds" in 2016. Kim Soo-hyun and Park cemented their status as rising stars through those period dramas.

"Queen: Love and War" is the first period drama for Kim, who made his acting debut in 2013. It is a demanding role, requiring him to control his tone and breathing as he delivers his lines.

"During the first meeting, the director told me that I was better at things he'd not expected, but he was disappointed in things he'd anticipated [I would do well], such as evoking romantic feelings", Kim said.

However, as if to prove the director wrong, with the series now half over, Kim has increasingly made viewers' hearts flutter.

"My previous characters have been mostly teenagers or somewhat childish or immature. I hope to get more chances to bring out and show other sides of me", Kim said.

:heart:Picture of the gorgeous cake arranged by the DC Gall fans for the wrap party today.  They donated money and arranged this beautiful cake and gorgeous banner in just a couple of days!

DC Gall banner Loved that the picked the picture of Eun Bo sleeping on Kyung's shoulder:heart:

Spoiler

Kyung EunBo arrving to the wrap party:love::

Cutting the cake:w00t:

Videos of cast arriving to the wrap party:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, diane90 said:

Someone know the music background...... like in army hihihi !

We always listen it when there's an evenement ?????

It's not OST !

I didn't find it in utube ???!!!

I like this song !

It isn't released yet!

More pictures and videos from the wrap party:lol::

Cast arrivals at the wrap party:):

Pictures with the cast and staff from child actress EunBo/EunKi. She looks so tall now!:):

Cast and director taking a picture:D
Spoiler

On 1/29/2020 at 11:26 PM, rocher22 said:

Just finished the last two episodes.

Whenever LK and EB get a moment of happiness, there is always

someone to take them a step back.

That was a really beautiful kiss. 

These two, Eunuch Hwang and Wal,  always made me laugh. 

True there is always some obstacle to their happiness but I'm glad they have affirmed their love for each other and Kyung knows all Eun Bo's secrets and they are working together now!  Eunuch Hwang and Wal provide so much humour especially Eunuch Hwang and the King bickering. Love them:D  Did you see Eunuch Hwang's scandalised reaction to the kiss? :lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

m not sure if they spent the night together...:unsure:

They haven't spent the night together yet. They are both in their nightclothes because Kyung rushed to her room at night because he was scared after he had a dream about Eun Bo being shot. After they talked he left to arrange the plans for the trip the next day.

Images of the banner and the cake from the Gantaek DC Gall arranged for the wrap party yesterday and translation of the writing (credit: lighthoney1610 Twitter ). I love how they used favourite lines from the drama! :lol:

So more pictures of the cake cutting! LOL at Min Kyu's face cutting into himself!:lol:

Text previews for episode 13 (translation credit lighthoney1610 IG):

Gaepyeong’s bullet went to Eunbo’s direction... Gaepyeong who get captured by the soldiers in the incident is immediately taken to the Royal Investigation Bureau. Through Kyung’s order, Gaepyeong’s interrogation starts and finally the true culprit of Chin Young case is revealed to the world.

Additional text preview episode 13! (in spoiler bar for anyone who doesn't want spoilers)

Spoiler

Gaepyeong who shot a bullet towards Eunbo’s direction get caught and the case is over. Afraid of the failed plan, Youngji heads to her father’s house to meet Jo Heunggyeon.
When Eunbo returns to the palace, Kyung is relieved that his precognitive dream has changed. Kyung immediately plans to capture Youngji and Jo Heunggyeon.
Gaepyeong’s interrogation starts and the whole story of the incident is finally revealed.
Jo Heunggyeon trying to overcome the crisis by making up trick but Kyung sent soldiers to Jo Heunggyeon’s house to pressure him. When Jo Heunggyeon is named as the culprit, the palace becomes noisy.
Queen Dowager tries to reinstate Eunbo as the Queen.
On the other hand, Kim Manchan and Queen Mother who had been keeping themselves low and looking for opportunities, making up a plot/trick to throw out Eunbo.

New stills from episode 13.  They look so happy but it seems like Kyung's health is getting worse:tears::

Episode 13 teaser:

After one HOT night....very HOOOOTTT !

The King is tired for sure :dizzy:

he'll be weaker bc of prophetic dreams.....he must dream one or two times more

for saving his beloved hehehehe

You are satisfied guys; you hoped there'll be kisses this week

they give you more......hupbang (?)

as I said it's EB's maid who takes the bullet for protecting her !

Did anyone noticed besides the OTP wearing similar outfit, Eunich Huang also wore white shirt and black pants. It looks like our OTP, EH, and HM are close and friendly. 

Where is everyone? So quiet in here. 

Last weekend kiss was passionate, but today’s episode kiss was hot and on fire! The part leading to LK untying EB shirt is somewhat lackluster. That scene could of been better executed. The sleeping scene was beautifully done which you can relate to their feelings for each other. My favorite part was EB looking at LK dearly. Oh I’m in love with these two, what a gorgeous pair! Too cute of EH...his facial expressions watching the OTP.

Anyone want to share their favorite scenes?

JSY posted this on her IG story yesterday:heart:

KMK posted this pic on his IG yesterday.  The picture was taken by Eunuch Hwang's actor (Ahn Se Ha).  So cute, right?!

11 hours ago, diane90 said:

After one HOT night....very HOOOOTTT !

The King is tired for sure :dizzy:

he'll be weaker bc of prophetic dreams.....he must dream one or two times more

for saving his beloved hehehehe

You are satisfied guys; you hoped there'll be kisses this week

they give you more......hupbang (?)

as I said it's EB's maid who takes the bullet for protecting her !

:lol::lol::lol: Kyung tired himself out so much during their night together that he became even sicker.  But, yes,  definitely satisfied with the kisses and consummation and the sweet scene in bed afterwards

I think the exorcism worked so now Kyung and Eun Bo are going to have to deal with the upcoming troubles without the aid of his prophetic dreams. Ironically, if Kyung had let EB leave the palace straight away when she asked it might have been better for them:o

:bawling:I was so sad the adorable Yeol Woo died.  That is innocent blood on Young Ji's hands.

8 hours ago, emmaleigh said:

Did anyone noticed besides the OTP wearing similar outfit, Eunich Huang also wore white shirt and black pants. It looks like our OTP, EH, and HM are close and friendly. 

Where is everyone? So quiet in here. 

Last weekend kiss was passionate, but today’s episode kiss was hot and on fire! The part leading to LK untying EB shirt is somewhat lackluster. That scene could of been better executed. The sleeping scene was beautifully done which you can relate to their feelings for each other. My favorite part was EB looking at LK dearly. Oh I’m in love with these two, what a gorgeous pair! Too cute of EH...his facial expressions watching the OTP.

Anyone want to share their favorite scenes?

Eunuch Hwang took the picture KMK posted in his IG yesterday too!  Yes, KMK is closest to JSY, Eunuch Hwang and Han Mo and JSY because they filmed lots of scenes together.  JSY is close to Han Mo too because they worked together on Grand Prince drama.

Today's KyungBo kiss was definitely hot!  I think the untying part was awkward but I thought it made sense because the first time can be awkward.  Also Kyung doesn't seem like he has much experience with women as he's been pining after EB since he was a child and he seems to be a one woman only man.  Anyway they both looked very happy and content afterwards so I suppose they figured things out lol:relaxed:  I liked how the camera focused on the emotions playing across EB's face as well. The sleeping scene was just beautiful. You could feel they love each other so much. Yes, they really are so gorgeous and I would have done the same as EB if I had man looking that handsome asleep next to me:lol:  Eun Bo was seriously glowing after their night together too!:wub:

- All KyungBo scenes are my favourite of course.  My favourite besides everything about their night together scene was when Kyung went to her room and wiped her hands when EB was still in shock and mourning.  Such a humble thing for a King to do but shows how much he  adores her. 

- I also liked when they were coming back from their little concert and they were just laughing and playfully flirting like a happy in love young couple- if only Kyung wasn't already looking unwell it would have been perfect. 

- EB thinking about all the people she has lost and the emotion of Yeol Woo's death. I thought Yeol Woo's actress, EB and Song Yi's actress were all so good in the death scene too.

- i didn't like the torture scenes but I thank Gap Pyeong's actor was really good in his limited screen time. Tragic too because as much as he loved Young Ji she didn't give him a second thought beyond as a tool for her revenge.

- Loved Eunuch Hwang's little reactions to their OTP cuteness, or when he realised that EB loves the king as much as the King loves EB.  I also loved that he went to talk EB about the king's health even though he knew it might get him in trouble.  And EB marching right over to Kyung and telling him to take the treatment.

-Honestly, Eunuch Hwang is more of a mother to Kyung than his own mother.  She didn't even know he was sick! All she cares about is scheming with her clan for more power:rolleyes:

- Jo Hwang Gyeom fury at his reckless daughter and his thwarted plans for domination.  The actor for JHG is so good! Also I thought it was funny when the Kims took Hong Ki Ho aside at the end of episode 13 to intimidate him into about EB.  They were like a pair of school bullies:lol:

Personally, I know I am quiet on Saturday and Sunday nights because of waiting for subtitles.  For me, the subs aren't usually completed until about 1am the day after in my country so I don't usually comment until the next day when I can fully understand what they are saying!

4 hours ago, raziela said:

Today's KyungBo kiss was definitely hot!  I think the untying part was awkward but I thought it made sense because the first time can be awkward.  Also Kyung doesn't seem like he has much experience with women as he's been pining after EB since he was a child and he seems to be a one woman only man.  Anyway they both looked very happy and content afterwards so I suppose they figured things out lol:relaxed:  I liked how the camera focused on the emotions playing across EB's face as well. The sleeping scene was just beautiful. You could feel they love each other so much. Yes, they really are so gorgeous and I would have done the same as EB if I had man looking that handsome asleep next to me:lol:  Eun Bo was seriously glowing after their night together too!:wub:

Yess..... It was a sweet proper Kisseu:wub:, and I'm so satisfied with their first night.LOL
That's right - the untying ribbon part was funny, I really thought the King passed out on top of EB. Or maybe I just need more imagination for that thing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What was that prophecy all about again in the burning paper? I did not get it.

Is it prohibited to marry a twin lady in Joseon era?

I hope EB fate is not gonna be like like a Castor and Pollux myth story in Greek.

To me, the King looked still waaay too pale even after the Exorcism. For someone who just got a shot not long ago, the King must be still in poor health. Can the King have a heir soon? LOL

Although it is sad to see Queen Jo had to leave the palace.... It's quite entertaining to see Consort Song Yi building up her hope for the Queen position once again. Hahaha she even asked if there will be another selection !!

Finally caught up to all episodes. what a ride!!!  So there only 2 episodes left?  how can this be wrapped up with EB future and the traitors plotting for the throne! 

overall I am glad I watched.  though am confused. Did EB and the king actually consummate their marriage?  It looked like the king passed out or jumped EB:joy:

Just watched the subbed episodes myself. Whew after saying I was a bit underwhelmed by ep.12, both ep.13 and 14 redeemed themselves back into my graces :D I'm so excited for the conclusion. I wonder how Kyung and EB are going to get out of all this mess safely. It seems like the two camps (LJH/JHG + Kims) are joining forces to lay siege to the palace. Does the King even have enough guards (loyal to him) to face the enemies? :( Also, I'm already missing this drama...^_^

Archived