[Drama 2019-2020] Woman of 9.9 Billion, 99억의 여자

larus

I watched the episode 11 (21&22).

I start to struggle to finish this drama. Not a good sign for me. It is good that I won`t have much left to watch. All this chase after the money exhausted me instead. I wish they will concentrate on characters, on their connections more and the chase after the money will be secondary.

I was right that Ms Jang`s son was that young cop who died. But it seems that the informant was Hee Joo. He found out about Leon`s location and he went with his colleagues to arrest him, included Tae woo. 

The irony. Leon killed Seo Yeon`s brother and she saved his life, of course, not knowing who he is.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird episode....I get that Leon wants revenge on Hee Ju but why is he involving So Yeon in it?? So Yeon really does have a charm for attracting all the wrong men on her side. Jae Hoon, In Pyo and now Leon. Just tske the ticket and go live in Tahiti with Tae Woo....boy loves you.

I must admit I admire HeeJu more in this episode and am disappointed in our FL. HJ is not only smart she cover her bases well and what she did to cover up her husband's crime was only to protect her family. When Leon committed the fraud  3 yes ago HJ and her father cut their losses and recovered quickly because they knew when it was time to stop. MsJang on the hand became a pauper overnight because of her greed. She was bitter with HJ when HJ tipped YeonNam to catch Leon that got him killed.

I'm pissed at SY for still obsessing over the money but not giving a thought when HJ told her InPyo took the money. I think she has resigned to being moneylender now. When she saved Leon and took him to the hospital she didn't check the he had a gunshot wound and it's strange that the police were investigating BSJ for having a gunshot wound but not Leon. Maybe the hospital staff have been paid well to shut their mouth.

I'm hoping KTW will work with HJ to catch Leon.

46 minutes ago, imgreatgal said:

I must admit I admire HeeJu more in this episode...

Yes me too. She has a strong character and kept reminding SY to escape with KTW instead of stay put...because she knows KTW loves her. Her intention is clear, she knows what she wants in life, that is to protect her family no matter what it takes. Life is full of options, which path we choose depending on our clear intention and goal setting in life.

I liked that SY asked Ms Jang, “what is money?" instead of "where is the money?"

In this EP, we could see SY character growth and development. A self-reflection and self-awareness of SY,  asking herself some important questions, to access her own strengths, weaknesses and the driving forces. She had decided to take up the job (kept reviewing the ledger books) that Ms Jang left behind, became a money lender, chased after the outstanding sum. She wanted to start over again. I can't say she is doing the right thing now, but Ms Jang's key words was spot right to the point : Don't let money control you, you should control the money, in other words, let the money work for you in a smart way. This phrase mostly come from the savvy investors.

I am disappointed that KTW hasn't got a chance to express his feeling to her yet, he did it so implicitly by giving her the air ticket to Tahiti....:lol: Go...go to our girl soon....and hold her tight and have a big kiss...I like the OST lyrics at the end it's mine, it's mine...:blush:

Ep. 23-24 (12): Actually at this point, seeing KTW, having no purpose or goal in life is sad (pathetic), and no one can go to Tahiti if Leon is alive because then he'll come after him/ them there, so either the writers have set up an ending with JSY being a money lender and KTW a muscle-man for her to get the money from debtors while living in Seoul (she'll inherit the house from Ms. Jang), or them being on the same plane with seats next to each other staring endlessly, or them going their separate ways at the end after getting justice/money. 

Is anyone else surprised that JSY did not even have a funeral for her brother? JSY has taken self-absorption to the next level. At this point, I don't want her to end up with KTW, that gem of a person.

I doubt JSY is ever going to spell out anything overtly romantic to KTW or vice versa (infuriatingly.) I understand that writers are trying to show JSY wants to be free and independent as opposed to hanging on to a man but it is sort of sadomasochistic at this point, the way KTW keeps helping her and she keeps her distance (saving his life and saying sorry, thank you, but nothing more) and he keeps coming back!

I'm looking forward for the big reveal to KTW that once again, JSY has landed herself with the wrong man! (and that too Leon! of all the people in the world!)

Leon is setting up another fraud but also the untimely demises of everyone, JSY, KTW, Hee Ju, that's the fun part.

This drama is many things (silly as well) but it is definitely not boring. Four episodes left!

1 hour ago, noor1 said:

Leon is setting up another fraud but also the untimely demises of everyone, JSY, KTW, Hee Ju, that's the fun part.

This drama is many things (silly as well) but it is definitely not boring. Four episodes left!

If Leon is setting up another fraud then dragging So Yeon in is only going to set off alarm bells around Hee Ju....that is not smart......one conversation about Leon's meeting with Seo Yeon is enough for atleast Hee Ju to piece it all together..taking care of Hee Ju, going after Tae Woo and Seo Yeon after that would be smart. Why drag her in?? 

@Nymeria289 of course he's not going to tell SY anything! He just brought her to his party because what he has laid out for his enemies is fun for him to watch. It is an investment function introducing DK's head honcho to prospective clients. He has seen the chart that psycho hubby made. So the triangle, quadrangle (between HJ, SY, LJH, KTW, of affairs, double crosses etc.) is fun for him. He's not doing SY any favors, he just wants to make everyone uncomfortable without revealing himself, he'll just keep SY close till he tries to kill her (and kill and ruin others) and try to vanish like he did before. That's his plan. At least that's how it looks to me.

5 minutes ago, noor1 said:

@Nymeria289 of course he's not going to tell SY anything! He just brought her to his party because what he has laid out for his enemies is fun for him to watch. It is an investment function introducing DK's head honcho to prospective clients. He has seen the chart that psycho hubby made. So the triangle, quadrangle (between HJ, SY, LJH, KTW, of affairs, double crosses etc.) is fun for him. He's not doing SY any favors, he just wants to make everyone uncomfortable without revealing himself, he'll just keep SY close till he tries to kill her (and kill and ruin others) and try to vanish like he did before. That's his plan. At least that's how it looks to me.

I know he will kill her but this is just over complicating things for the sake of a bit of fun....So Yeon was just starting to move away from all the chaos, I just did not want her dragged into it for Leon's social experiment/revenge. I wanted her in Tae Woo's orbit, not Leon's. They hsve not shared one moment of peace together yet.

6 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@triplem maybe we need bet on will she / he catch plane at 11am in the final episode 23/01/2020 or not  :joy: 

Her late brother left a card, contact for future money laundering. This lady is quiet n secretive in her ways.

Leon may be making use of her to get to HJ etc and she too will be using Leon.. mayb gain his full trust.

Very probable both will be on the same flight.. aft Leon is killed by his enemies.  SY got closer to Leon, by now able to get her hands on the balance of 9.9 billion.. arranged with the money to be moved wth late bro's contact and leaves??

Hoping for a happy ending for both mains.

After the loss of 99 billion won in the life and lifeline, Jung Seo-yeon (Cho Yeo Jeong in the play finally opened his eyes to the world of money. Jeong Seo-yeon met with Yoon Hee-ju at Jang Geum-ja's house.

20200110130605_5e17f82d69f7a_1.jpg

https://www.hankyung.com/entertainment/article/202001108223I

5 hours ago, Dramahunterz said:

Anybody know who's real name of actor acted as leon?? 

The actor`s name is Im Tae-Kyung. He is a musical actor.

Leon (Lim Tae-kyung) appeared in front of Kang Tae-woo (Kim Kang-woo) and Jung Seo-yeon (Jo Yeo-jeong) in KBS2 '9 Billion Women' broadcasted on the 9th.

338850_422320_0234.jpg

http://www.spotvnews.co.kr/?mod=news&act=articleView&idxno=338850

Wae @Ameera Ali I wanna cry.  Tae Woo bought two tickets for Tahiti & then finds out she ain’t gonna go . Gah I wish he told her , he also got one for himself.It’s sad but quite romantic too . So yes , once I get onto the pc next week I’ll set up a poll for us . Will SY get on the plane ? :lol:

@imgreatgalwhat’s happening to all my dramas . This ship can’t seem  sail . And on the other one , it can’t sail if the ML is married ....

Spoiler

sbbn.gif

Leon is definitely not here to meet SY just to repay the kindness of “his angel”. He’s using this to trap Hee Ju for sure . But I do think he finds SY attractive, an enigma ( all the men in this drama seem to gravitate towards her ) ...so there’s more to what he plans to do with SY. Right now she’s possibly doing him a favour but she won’t let it slide once she knows Leon killed her brother. Baek was the most precious person to her . Both the brothers of our leads died because of Leon . I think the last arc of this show will be them taking him down ...and pls writer nim let them go to Tahiti together. 

I finished episode 12 (23&24)

What can I say? I am so glad that the chase after those money is finally over.

Tae Woo is a romantic guy. He brought two airline tickets to Tahiti and I bet he will hope until last minute that she will go.

9 hours ago, triplem said:

Tae Woo bought two tickets for Tahiti & then finds out she ain’t gonna go . Gah I wish he told her , he also got one for himself.It’s sad but quite romantic too . So yes , once I get onto the pc next week I’ll set up a poll for us . Will SY get on the plane ? 

If Seo Yeon will be on that plane? I say YES. Why? Because I saw that the date is 23 January and that`s the date of the last episode. I can see miles away that this is the ending the writer keeps in mind. I bet on it. I wait to prove me wrong. But I love this ending. They should go to Tahiti in vacation just because they must be exhausted from all the troubles even if they won`t be living there. That`s my advice but nobody is listening anyway. :D

I also loved the advice Ms Jang gave Seo yeon and I like the scene with them.  I was annoyed when Seo yeon told Tae Woo that she won`t go until she gets 9.9 billion won. I like that she wants to make honest money, but 9.9 billion? Come on! I wish the writer should gave her a better line. Maybe it was a joke and I did not get it.

I understand that Seo Yeon would not want to go now at her state of mind, maybe she wants to help Ms Jang or to really get on her own feet first but obsessing ove the whole 9.9 billion is too much.

Another annoying thing. Leon did not kill Hong In Pyo. He killed instantly Seo Yeon`s brother, Ms Jang`s son, but not Hong In Pyo. He lets many guys to beat him up, later they dragged him ALIVE at a grave and buried him ALIVE.:lol: Guess what, writer? I don`t believe for a minute that he is dead. No, he is very much ALIVE. Seriously, those gansters like to complicate things sometimes. This is happening when the writer needs a character alive to come up later. It is the same when a writer make the cops weak/ stupid to not catch the bad guys too early.

I don`t blame Hee Joo about what happened with Ms Jang`s son. She told him where is Leon but it was the police job to catch  him.Maybe she used him because he had a personal reason to catch him but he was a cop, doing his job. Leon pulled the trigger.

Let see how things will end and how they will catch Leon. Hee joo, Ms Jang and Tae Woo don`t believe he is dead.

Our TW is such a timid romantic at heart (bought her a tix but not show her his tix) when it comes to love unlike his "mad dog" behaviour when it comes to revenge and fighting for justice. I cant blame him as SY is his 1st love of course. Even Mr Oh(I love this actor very much) had to cajoled him to bring SY to a nice restaurant.:lol:

I've read other comments elsewhere about TW being inactive at the moment. I cant blame him because he's trying his best to protect SY as much as possible by asking her to leave Korea. He's lying low as he's unsure whether Leon is really dead. And if he really goes hunting after Leon, SY will be in danger too!:angry:

But once, he's found out that he's got a love rival in Daniel Kim, he'll  not hesitate to confess to SY.:wub:

I simply love KKW & JSJ as OTP here  just like them as OTP in Haeundae Lovers! 

Their love story has begun! And this latest part of the drama and its twist and turns are a real joy to watch!:blush:

20 hours ago, larus said:

I watched the episode 11 (21&22).

I start to struggle to finish this drama. Not a good sign for me. It is good that I won`t have much left to watch. All this chase after the money exhausted me instead. I wish they will concentrate on characters, on their connections more and the chase after the money will be secondary.

I am not having trouble to finish the drama but i get what you mean. It would have benefited from more character work as a foundation. For example the 'friendship' between SY and HJ. It would have upped the stakes for their later confrontations.

On the other side it's hardly the same idea of drama if you do a bunch of introduction first and she only finds the money in episode 4 (7&8) or something.

3 hours ago, larus said:

Leon did not kill Hong In Pyo. He killed instantly Seo Yeon`s brother, Ms Jang`s son, but not Hong In Pyo. He lets many guys to beat him up, later they dragged him ALIVE at a grave and buried him ALIVE.:lol: Guess what, writer? I don`t believe for a minute that he is dead. No, he is very much ALIVE. Serious, those gansters like to complicate things sometimes. This is happening when the writer needs a character alive to come up later. It is the same when a writer make the cops week/ stupid to not catch the bad guys too early.

100% this. If the writer wanted to kill him they would have just shot him in the head or much more likely have some scene where there is some character confrontation with SY. He wouldn't just die off screen. Show it or it didn't happen. They didn't show him getting buried all the way either. I just don't know who would have rescued him? My best guess would be Seo Min-Gyu although i don't really understand why. He is kinda the only one left.

We could see that SY would be having her big entrance at the vip party from a mile away. I was still looking forward to it though :D 

I'm sure In Pyo is still alive too. I bet he will dig himself out with the little knife from his hotel room. The thugs probably didn't search him and he was still wearing the same clothes/robe. xD

The actor who plays Leon reminds me of Lee Sang Yeob. Like an older version. Kinda? xD; 

6 hours ago, Fabbo said:

I am not having trouble to finish the drama but i get what you mean. It would have benefited from more character work as a foundation. For example the 'friendship' between SY and HJ. It would have upped the stakes for their later confrontations.

On the other side it's hardly the same idea of drama if you do a bunch of introduction first and she only finds the money in episode 4 (7&8) or something.

Exactly. Why the writer did not put a little effort to show more the character development, some good interaction between different characters and not let the chase over the money took over the drama?!  I admit that I like more serious/ realistic dramas, even the ones that other people find it boring if the script is good written than all the makjang crazy dramas. And I have to prepare for such drama. Poor me! (you understand what I mean.;)) I understand their appeal, it is entertaining and I enjoyed seeing some scenes but I need ballance. Those dramas are enjoyable for the moment. The moment the episode is over, I forgot about it. I like to be moved a little, to resonate emotionally, to think about character`s decisions/ personalities, to try to understand them, to put myself in their shoes. 

Yes, I would have loved to see the relationship between Seo Yeon and Hee Joo more. I enjoyed their confrontation on today episode. I remember that I liked the scene between them at that fateful night as well.

Now that the chase is over, it is better. Leon approached Seo Yeon (like he said, it is fate :D) and I have a feeling she will provoke his downfall. I don`t think he is only using Seo Yeon. He likes her too and find her intriguing. I wish Hee Joo will catch Leon or Tae Woo. Maybe all three will colaborate to take down this bad man.

6 hours ago, Fabbo said:

100% this. If the writer wanted to kill him they would have just shot him in the head or much more likely have some scene where there is some character confrontation with SY. He wouldn't just die off screen. Show it or it didn't happen. They didn't show him getting buried all the way either. I just don't know who would have rescued him? My best guess would be Seo Min-Gyu although i don't really understand why. He is kinda the only one left.

Who will rescue Hong In Pyo? I think he will rescue himself. Why I believe that? Because the writer did not let him put the hand on a knife for nothing. It will be hard to believe that he could hide a knife all this time and he will use it in such conditions but I believe everything is possible in this kind of drama. Should I have a little more faith on this drama? OK, If I am wrong, I will the first to recognize my error .  :D

There will be only 4 episodes (8 short ones). Come on, Tae Woo! Don`t let another man take the lead. Listen to your friend! :D

Archived