[Drama 2019-2020] Woman of 9.9 Billion, 99억의 여자

larus

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the only person who can identify Leon will be Mdm Jang. Even if he's changed his looks, and her eyesight might be weak, she'd be able to recognise his voice.:glasses:

I know that some viewers here are still unhappy with SY for being greedy at this juncture. But I think she's given up on that 9.9 million after her brother's death and is now helping Mdm Jang with recovering her loan money from the borrowers.B)

Aigoo! There's still so much angst still at this juncture. When will our OTP get some happy moments together? KKW & JYJ will look awesome together as a couple!:blush:

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

In Pyo will die along with Leon and Jae Hoon...I can't tell but did So Yeon figure it out....Leon's identity??

I always believed that Hong In Pyo will die. Unless he will sign the divorce papers and disappear.  Maybe Jae Hoon will die protecting his wife (redeeming himself? ) and Leon in jail. Or In Pyo and Leon will kill each other.

Either way, combinations on the same theme.

I`ve not watched yet so I don`t know if seo yeon find out about Leon but she catches really well things, just like Hee Joo.

4 minutes ago, gladys57 said:

When will our OTP get some happy moments together? KKW & JYJ will look awesome together as a couple!

On the plane or in Tahiti, on the beach. But we won`t see it. :)

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Any info what was the background of HIP? I mean he is a tough bug to kill :lol: He is so tech-savvy and resourceful, definitely make a smart detective and investigator. Too bad he is only using it for personal benefits. 

I also asked why he is so resourceful guy?:) It looks like he is smart. Too bad he is an abusive man.

It is just my perception  or he has more things to do in the drama than  the hero, Tae woo?The good guys or sane people don`t have much to do in this drama. :) I wish Tae Woo will be more present in the last four episodes. I hope he will realise first about Leon.

2 hours ago, larus said:

I also asked why he is so resourceful guy?:) It looks like he is smart. Too bad he is an abusive man.

It is just my perception  or he has more things to do in the drama than  the hero, Tae woo?The good guys or sane people don`t have much to do in this drama. :) I wish Tae Woo will be more present in the last four episodes. I hope he will realise first about Leon.

The show has lost a bit of its initial momentum and I also don't like the who Tae Hyun's death hitting all concerned parties so late into the game when it is a non-issue.......for purpose of what, manufactured angst that doesn't suit the show........Leon is not very smart.......I am disappointed......for all the hoopla around him, he has made mistakes after mistake since resurfacing.

Another intriguing episode and i'm still liking HeeJu, she is one tough cookie not one to take the bite even if she put into a corner. 

@gladys57 i agree that SY has given up on the 9.9 million, there was't any reaction from her when HJ suggested she called psycho hubs about the money. I don't know what her plans are but she might just turn the tables on Leon. Is she not even suspicious of Leon. I thought she might be when she asked him about how he got into the accident that night.

And another person who can identify Leon is the SY's husband but i don't see him teaming up with either HJ or TW to get Leon and he merely used TW as bait. He'll be committing suicide if he thinks he can catch him on his own. 

@larus i'm just disappointed that our hero is just a muscle guy i wish he would be more resourceful like psycho hubs:D

Looks like SeoMinGyu is Leon's man. I knew something didn't match up like for eg. The night when TaeHyun ordered the driver to take a different turn he mentioned Seo's name and again like i said before during the chaos at the warehouse Seo was no where in sight. 

Today EP is one of my favourite EP - it was amazing...:D

I suddenly have a thought that Leon could be a mentor to SY and trained her to be a good investor, in other words, let the money work for her in a smart way. Leon was giving her an option to generate a business proposal that must be a profitable one. I really like this idea...

I can understand why the writer put SY into this situation, today EP has made further development on SY role :

1.  Perfect hinting when Leon told SY at the beginning : I will bring you good luck....this is so important for a despair woman in that critical situation. Good luck gives hope to any woman who desires to change her entire life.
  2. A strict statement from an investor point of view. Leon said to SY : "If you want to succeed, set a clear goal, go for either money or man, you can't have both...." SY's reply was awesome, "That night I chose you (save him) instead of money,....." what a twist !!!
  3. In order to operate the large fund given by Leon, she would work harder on business proposal and even went further to explore what type of business is the most profitable one. She start to use her brain, no longer like those days she only work for house cleaning...

Most people will think women should go with her love one to get married happily. But this didn't apply to SY past abusive life. Her current goal is to earn back the money.  She didn't know who Leon was and when there was a windfall, she just grabbed another chance, but this time she did not steal it, she was given the large sum because she saved someone's life in an accident without knowing who he was.

At this juncture, we could see how SY is struggling to be a rich person when she knows Leon can offer her the chance. She wants to learn so badly from the senior and the mentor, Ms Jang and Leon. SY is in dilemma now, money or man. If she wasn't felt guilty for TW brother death, i think she would still choose to stay with money, but she can delay the plan to Tahiti. To her, she needs to choose what is the most important to her at the moment Money and Ms jang's medical condition.  Most of the time, SY has been on the wrong side of the things & suffering all the time. If she can learn the investment tips from Leon, she can be a raising phoenix... but i doubt we can see it with only 3 EP left behind. The story may continue revolving the revenge plot between HJ team and Leon team, and now TW joint force with HJ. Let's see how SY deal with these entanglement. 

PS : TW's love confession was the saddest one in this EP.  But SY confession led to solidify that she chose the money over saving his brother, she could have explained even further to him, but it was her guilt that killed her because she had a moment of hesitation to call the ambulance that night. :tears:

Right Timing is the most important thing in life, wrong timing of confession, wrong timing of decision making will certainly work against us...sad to say that...:(

13 hours ago, larus said:

I was right. In Pyo digged out of his grave with the knife. :w00t: It is ridiculous but that`s what we have here.

:w00t::w00t:

When I saw the leaves, I expected to see the hand (like alwasy we see in those kind of scenes) but we saw the hand with the knife. :w00t: How on Earth the writer explains how he had the knife all this time? If I remember corectly, he was in a bathrobe when gansters catched him and beat him. They dressed him to bury him? :w00t:

I will stop questioning my sanity. Anyway, I laughed at this scene.

Have to admit, the way they shot that scene was classic. LOLOLOL

I actually thought about how he kept the knife after you had questioned it a page or two ago. I thought he could have gripped onto his sleeve cuffs to prevent the knife from falling out so it was parallel to his forearm the whole time. Guys beat him up, punch in the stomach; just hold on to his sleeves. Don't let go. :w00t:

4 minutes ago, lumibear said:

I thought he could have gripped onto his sleeve cuffs to prevent the knife from falling out so it was parallel to his forearm the whole time. Guys beat him up, punch in the stomach; just hold on to his sleeves. Don't let go. 

In a bathrobe it was very hard to hide the knife but it doesn`t matter now. It is a technicality. I tried to imagine how you described it. :lol:

What a determined guy! He knew that knife will be his last chance to save himself. It is good that he is alive. He will be helping to recognize Leon.

Random thoughts after watching EP 25-26:

They zoomed in too much during Seo Yeon's and Tae Woo's angsty scene. The emotional acting was good though, from when he simply revealed his feelings and showed her his ticket. ;A; 

In Pyo is scary and disgusting and not a face I want to see all the time, but man, I liked that he redirected his actions towards Leon now. They're both cunning and sneaky so it was interesting to see them try to outwit each other.

Hee Ju!! She impressed me with her strong will and suspicions about Daniel Kim. Even with the corruption scandal, she didn't want to take his money. Rolled my eyes at Jae Hun. He was annoying as heck when he didn't trust his wife and didn't listen to her by seeking Daniel's investment behind her back.

Hee Ju + Tae Woo working together wasn't something I thought I needed, but I do! /excited/ 

1 hour ago, larus said:

In a bathrobe it was very hard to hide the knife but it doesn`t matter now. It is a technicality. I tried to imagine how you described it. :lol:

What a determined guy! He knew that knife will be his last chance to save himself. It is good that he is alive. He will be helping to recognize Leon.

Quite a bit of inconsistency actually. Wasn’t he buried in his bathrobe and pajamas? But he came back fully dressed with a jacket. Bathrobe sleeves are loose also, really wonder how he managed to keep the knife. Anyway... 

I'm so happy that our poor SY has finally found a "sugar daddy" in Daniel Kim aka Leon.:lol:

Leon is completely smitten by SY and is even willing to provide her fund for investment. I LOVE the way he sidetracked Seo when asked about what he'd do with SY and cheered when he replied that he intended to use SY to make HJ lose control of herself. He even knows that HJ used to look down at SY .:wub:

It's going to be heartbreaking indeed when SY finds out DK is actually Leon, the 1 who killed her brother. There'll be a great show down! I'm sure he wont harm her at all and would be killed by TW. :w00t:

Whatever the outcome, I'm charmed by this charismatic musical actor, Imm Tae Kyung who's highly respected in  musical productions in Korea. He's put on a lot of weight since I last saw him on Immortal Songs 2 where I was smittened by his phenomenal singing ability. His OST for this drama is so beautifully sung! I wonder if this is his 1st foray into dramas. Hope to see him in more dramas in the future!:love:

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

really wonder how he managed to keep the knife

I am just gonna say what everyone is thinking: In his b*ttcrack? :D Like maybe he went to a bathroom and one thing led to another :D 

Because that scene doesn't make sense at all. There is no air for him to breathe under all of that dirt. Have any of you watched the movie "Buried"? That movie gave me so much claustrophobia. But then again this is a drama, if the writer writes, then it happens even it is impossible. So i am saying in his b*ttcrack. :D 

52 minutes ago, lebeaucouple said:

May I know which part of the OST he sang?

Donde Voy. Part 5. 

1 hour ago, lebeaucouple said:

May I know which part of the OST he sang? There are few OST in this drama...Thanks 

It's OST part 5 both in Spainish and Korean version. He's truly a phenominal Musical singer and actor alright!

Must check out his musicals when I next travel to Seoul.:)

6 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

I suddenly have a thought that Leon could be a mentor to SY and trained her to be a good investor, in other words, let the money work for her in a smart way. Leon was giving her an option to generate a business proposal that must be a profitable one. I really like this idea...

I think Leon's only plan is a revenge against HJ.  His plans can only work if SY was able to persuade HJ to invest in DK hence he is enticing SY with lots of money for her to play around some business proposal. To make it a lot easier for SY, Leon had already ordered 'fox hunt' and HJ's father was caught giving bribes for the Paju Project. The only thing that can spoil Leon's plan is if anyone of the people his targeting recognizes him as 'Leon'. 

Another thing i was reminded about after all this, even if SY earns all the money legally there is still the moral question of taking responsibility for the death of YuMirRa. I know that it was an accident and that it was JH's fault, still she is an accomplice by hiding the fact of the accident. I don't see how she can just ignore this and sail away to Tahiti and enjoying the money albeit legally. 

Archived