[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] The Oath of Love 余生请多指教

sugarplum892

I never get this trend in C-Dramas, J-Dramas where the women don't act their age?

I really .. really .. love Gu Wei's smile~ it just makes him so much more charming! 

Ooo who was this Chris person Ms. High & Mighty aka Dr. Gao was speaking to? Not that I care LoL, I just can't stand her. Same goes for Shao Jiang who come across pushy ugh. 

I laughed at one of the epilogues where Xiao slipped by saying she should ask Gu Wei's mom ha-ha! I think it was an ad-lib 'cause both their reactions seem natural; not scripted.

Well.. this drama made me a fan of Xiao Zhan... as ive never seen him in any drama before this... 

I confess, its the face:wub:; and the voice also took me by surprise... :heart:

I read the issue of his fans 2 years ago but didnt pay much attention to it as i didnt know who he was, but am glad that all is over and his stardom is on the rise again... 30m followers in his account, 2 billion viewers of the drama.. A great achievement indeed... i wonder if the 2 billion viewers are only  viewers from legal platform or illegal too.. haha.. the number should be higher i guess...:ph34r:

To read this tweet this morning shows that he is indeed mature and true to his profession...:wub:

But yes, the slip of tongue was good and shows their good chemisty. I saw their interview of their first impression of each other and xz did say yz seemed aloof at first because when he asked her if she wanted to eat, she waived her hand and said no..... But now all is well...:lol:

• Like 1

EVENT: My Corner of Soompi

Spring edition of My Corner of Soompi is here! Do let us know what you've been up to and what you're looking forward to as we're heading towards summer.

Bring yourself and some snacks to the thread, as we sip on our tea together. :kiss_wink:

tea party GIF by VH1

Your Event Organizers,

@partyon @agenth @Sleepy Owl @confusedheart

Im cringing at the start of ep22 :huh: ... urgh, why are they doing piggyback ... i think there should be less piggyback scenes as its associated with korean dramas and with the leads being mature enough... it isnt the thing to do, seriously....  .... and why is zhixiao (her name is not easy to write?) avoiding her boyfriend, just because he wants to go to Germany..  haiz...

In the previous episode, i cant help but notice how Female Lead keep looking at Male Lead's mouth... its distracting to me...:lol::mellow: :huh:... do u really wanaaannnaaa kiss Xiao zhan many many times :lol:

@SC2019... gotta 'milk' the drama popularity ... hehe.... or should i say PepsiCo it... haha... Man, how much did Pepsi pay to be in that drama?... 

Ahh such a good romcom i guess,lite story not a heavy one,lot of sweet scenes...feel sad about papa Lin though...but thats life isnt it....but as long as we support each other...we could be strong

• Like 1

and the second couple and the third couple? I would have liked a resolution for them to see them happy.
I'm sure the second couple at least seems to be making up but the third couple had trouble talking, too bad just a scene for them would have been cool

Watching ep27, the proposal and initial rejection by Gu Wei's mom...

1. I did think that they were rushing marriage too fast... they just dated, broke off because of Gu wei's work and then Gu wei's proposal... if she is really 10 years younger than him, there is no reason why she shouldnt graduate first and then get married as suggested by Gu Wei's mom

2. I get that its a romance, and its great that China's romance drama wants to show 1st love always ends with marriages and happily ever after... but still.. what of ZhiXiao's future?

3. The proposal scene... i guess it was amazing that Xiao Zhan can shed tears when he proposed to ZhiXiao... effortlessly emotional on that scene... :approves:

4. In other drama, Gu Wei's mom asking them to wait for 2 years seems to be like a rejection... though reasonable... hence it goes back to my 1st comment... :D

Continuting the next episode...:D

Oh yes... ZhiXiao's dad is dashing... 

• Where's My Oppa? 1

Finally saw ep29, which is the last episode... (wondering why there is an ep30 which is raw and not subbed yet online:huh:)

1. Gu Wei's wedding vows/speech was great while Zhixiao's was bad...:ph34r:

2. Her father 7 years messages were great... '7 year itch indeed' ....

3. The ending concide with Hyun Bin's real marriage as well...comparing both wedding scenes.... seems like TOOL is far better? Haha..... pinkish flowers were great!

4. Great ending, with their son with them... China has revised their one child policy so maybe new dramas can have 2 children as for ending scenes :D

5. Again, first time seeing Xiao Zhan, his popularity would have been big when they were filming the drama... Its great to see that he seemed a ^natural^ projecting his charm and not shy about it. Looking forward to his dramas in the near future... :wub:

• Where's My Oppa? 1

Skipped like from ep. 18 maybe LoL? Watched only ep. 24 onwards but sort of left it as background noise LoL. Plot became too schmaltzy for me, I am usually ok with cheesy content but they were pushing it on this one tsk.

Couldn't stand the immaturity of all the female characters. In particular Xiao's besties. The guys were no different. They must really love clinginess in china I think LoL. Or the guys love when their women are these docile, naive types. The women act controlling and obsessive over the men like gosh do they need to do everything together all the damn time Idk LoL.

I felt like they were trying to emulate a bit of what made "You Are My Glory" so popular but they end up flat instead? The speech Gu Wei gives Xiao sounded similar. Unfortunately they don't have YAMG charm or their witty banter. This was an ok watch. 

I skipped the 2nd and 3rd leads story... not interested in them ... i didnt understand why San san was rude.. why Gu cousin was clueless and why was he away to a 3rd rate Aussie univeristy later in the drama ( according to Gu Wei)... then came bk for the wedding and san san then accepts him??... clearly, there is some missing plots...

Then the 3rd lead, suddenly introduced late in the drama? Why oh why...

I didnt really like YAMG either.. just beautiful people being together and thats it.. oh yes, spaceship... lol...

But regardless... im watching it initally for Yang Zi but Xiao Zhan stole my heart...  :wub::approves:   B)

• SC2019 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] The Oath of Love 余生请多指教
11 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

im watching it initally for Yang Zi but Xiao Zhan stole my heart... 

For me, the CP stole my heart. They are hot, overflowing with chemistry, and so natural as a bickering to loving couple.:7555_attack:

Individually, I'm very impressed with both Yang Zi and Xiao Zhan. They both did a fab job bringing us into the life and love of Lin Zhixiao and Gu Wei. And YES, Xiao Zhan is especially charming as Gu Wei. :Pandabulous:

On 3/29/2022 at 10:27 PM, SC2019 said:

woah! because it's doing well, they added on 3 new episodes. So now it's 32 altogether. 

There are two versions. An original uncut version of 29 episodes (aka DVD version), and a TV version of 32 episodes because each episode was cut to fit the TV station's scheduling and advertising needs. Plot-wise, no change.

:wow1:I'm very happy for Yang Zi and Xiao Zhan for the great ratings this drama has achieved. They both went through a very tough time and emerged in good form. Congrats!:wow2::hooray2:

• Like 2

Have been reading up on how Yang Zi defended Xiao Zhan when he was 'frozen' due to the 227 issue... and why their drama took more than 2 years to air...

Its unfortunate that there is no well written english language thread for fans to read up on it... im curious how and where did Yang Zi made those supportive statements for Xiao Zhan...  of course, the Weibo duet 2020 was well circulated and them winning the 2nd time in 2021... hmm..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Its unfortunate that there is no well written english language thread for fans to read up on it... im curious how and where did Yang Zi made those supportive statements for Xiao Zhan... 

Isn't there? I've never checked if there's a thread for YZ or XZ or them as a CP here, or anywhere else. I just assumed there must be many since they are hugely popular.  I will start searching...:cheers:

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

• 7 months later...

I tried watching this a few weeks ago but said to myself nah I like Yang Zi but the first few minutes seem boring. A few days ago I wanted to relax after a very tiring day so I soldiered on with episode 1 and finally decided to continue watching. The clincher was when Yang Zi smiled and knocked me out with her double dimples lol. Currently on episode 10 and enjoying it. I'm not a fan of the ML but admits he has good chemistry with Yang Zi.

Finished the drama during the weekend and the ending was good enough and I really liked the wedding scene. The middle part of the drama was quite dragging and seriously a lot of misunderstanding because the couples either are not talking or making wrong assumptions. I know this is for drama effect but honestly it was just plain annoying. This is one thing I don't really like with kdramas, but sadly cdramas are having them now too. 

For me good acting for both leads, although I don't feel the spark when they kiss. 

• 8 months later...