Details:

Title: 庆余年 第二季 | Qing Yu Nian

English Title: Joy of Life Season 2
Genre: Political, Wuxia

Director:  Sun Hao

Broadcast network: Tencent Video

Broadcast period: May 16, 2024 - ?

Episodes: 36

~~ Adapted from the web novel “Qing Yu Nian” (庆余年) by Mao Ni (猫腻).

Cast:

• Zhang Ruoyun as Fan Xian
  • Finn Han as young Fan Xian
  • Li Qin as Lin Wan'er
  • Chen Daoming as Liu Yu
  • Wu Gang as Chen Pingping
  • Li Qiang as Yan Ruohai
  • Tian Yu as Wang Qinian
  • Li Xiaoran as Li Yunrui
  • Yu Yan as Lin Ruofu
  • Zhang Haowei as Li Chengyu
  • Liu Duanduan as Li Chengze
  • Song Yi as Fan Ruoruo
  • Xin Zhi Lei  as Hai Tang Duo Duo
  • Zhang Wan’er as young Fan Ruoruo
  • Guo Qilin as Fan Sizhe
  • Tong Mengshi as Wu Zhu
  • Jin Chen as Ye Ling'er

Synopsis:

The drama continues from the first season of the Joy of Life trilogy, following the story of Fan Xian as he gains a stronghold in the court.

Credit: MDL

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4899865698242649#&video

[video of booting ceremony and teaser of Season 2]

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse

Please report to moderator @SC2019

• Like 1

Finally !!! :fullofhearts:

Its not a drill, its not a drill * tears of joy* its finally actually happening... Season 2 starts filming !!!

All those times, all its like ..starting, any moment now, maybe end of 2021  maybe early 2022, maybe May 2022, maybe Sept 2022. Holding my breath each time just to see the days go by...

My Fan Xian is back. So happy happy. ZRY breaks the S2 curse (after this he can film everything else he owes too hehe).

And they pretty much got alot of the original cast back, which is great. Just seeing all the new character posters of the familiar faces was heartening.... Wang Qi Nian, Lin Wan Er, Duo Duo, The King, Uncle Wu Zhu  The Brother, the Sister....

Curious about new castings too... I wonder who they'll recast as Yan Bing Yun.

Cross fingers for a next year broadcast.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

:yaaa:

Filming has completed for Part2!

10th May 2023 to 17th October 2023. 

The trailer, the pictures, the BTS; Fan Xian is back!!!!  Great to see most of the cast back again as well, and looking forward to the slew of new characters and what they will bring to the story.

Now...next step... wait for broadcast .... :crazily:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Bad trailer. way too much comedy elements but I guess that appeals to some viewers.

A lot of these new Chinese series now days seem to have these silly comedy in front focus!

So, I think I get the Chinese viewers these days are most into romance and comedy more than anything else... huh?

Tomorrow is the day!!! :yaaa:

There's a new 5 minute trailer 3 on Weibo. Looks like they re-shot the S1 ending so to continue on for the start of S2 (with the new Yan Bing Yun in place)

(sorry...not sure how to add the video link.... )

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lilviolet said:

Tomorrow is the day!!! :yaaa:

There's a new 5 minute trailer 3 on Weibo. Looks like they re-shot the S1 ending so to continue on for the start of S2 (with the new Yan Bing Yun in place)

(sorry...not sure how to add the video link.... )

Thanks for the info,

i re-upload it to youtube

Girl gang in Joy of LIfe 2 

spacer.png

Drama Joy of Life broke 31000 heat index on Tencent Video in just 68 mins after its premiere. • It’s the fastest chinese drama in history to break 31000 heat index

spacer.png

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Joy of Life season 2, premiered May 16
14 hours ago, watchumlots said:

No one watching?

No one posting? 

I came to see where others thought this plot was headed?  

perhaps members of this forum prefer to watch romance drama :p

i think only me watching it.

The plot is to investigate corruption, so there will be many court cases.

No way you are the only one watching, lots of people are busy watching the two or three a day episodes and probably will comment at the end.

I and my family are overjoyed that season 2 is happening, thought it might never happen and at 18 episodes we've watched so far, it is beyond what we'd hoped it would be.  Love the plot lines, the characters, the comedy at times and the profound goodness of some of the characters, with Fan Xian being the number one in that category.  Hoping for some redemption of some who seem irredeemable.

Sad it is only 36 episodes but very happy that they are saying they start season 3 sooner rather than later.

On 5/23/2024 at 10:45 AM, watchumlots said:

No one watching?

No one posting? 

I came to see where others thought this plot was headed?  

I think it is headed to the Ming family's hometown (second prince's family) for further investigation of the smuggling charges.  What will happen there I have no idea but look forward to some favorite actors showing up there.

Enjoying it immensely!

• Like 1

I'm watching too!

I've been busy and have been taking it slow so I can binge a few at a time and then having more available if it's a sudden 'cliffhanger' that I need to watch the next one.Therefore only just finished 11.

The court session in 10 was great drama. I was just abated watching + waiting for who else was going to speak and add to the final result of what Fan Xian wanted. 

There's schemes and twists, all with the usual JOL comedy antics, ah, its good to be back in the thick of the JOL world, for more Fan Xian adventures.

Fan Xian got all these new outfits. ZRY looks so good! His hair all down again - since having it up at the end of S1. 

Enjoying the new Yan Bing Yun character & portrayal - also Deng Zi Yue of the First Bureau. He and Wang Qi Nian will be good support to Fan Xian.

Somehow really liking the Young little Eunuch Hong that appear in E8. I find him to be quite intuitive and capable (I already know a bit of where he is heading later on).

The two theme songs have grown on me. I kinda like to let it run both start and end of each Ep.

17 hours ago, Kathy said:

Sad it is only 36 episodes

I know ! 36 eps  , that's 10 ep less than first season. :confused:

• Like 1

At episode 18. Enjoying the comedy - dumb and dumber duo of Fan Si Zhe and Guo made it back to the capital after ‘escaping the tight security’ in Qi state.

The theme of meritocracy and unfairness during the Spring Exam has been dramatised countless times. Let’s see how Fan Xian achieves his mother’s vision of equality amidst the ingrained hierarchy system of ancient China.

Up to 15 only. 
Couldn't believe that Official Lai dared to complain (? not sure that correct word) about the King himself. Even before making yet another complaint when the King was obviously tired of the court and was about to go... I was like...stop before you make him angry.

Oh, yeah, Guo and Fan Si Zhe, indeed 'dumb and dumber'.

I hope Fan Xian and Hai Tong Duo Duo will see each other in this season. They're great together - of course as friends... don't add to the gossip fuel.. hahah 

And all the new pictures I see floating on the web of the 'wedding' in the recent ep yesterday. Mr and Mrs Fan! And Uncle Wu is back! I miss him.