[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

Guys will we got the first 

Spoiler

Kiss

Tonight? And i wonder when is the time jump?

I guess by the time the intern guy enter it is already 6 years later with Dan Bam already established by then with the help of JYS manager and the itaewon squad?

Because right now even JYS couldnt enter the pub yet

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kimsungrin said:

Oh no! Now that you said it and judging by the preview i think you're right!! It does look like when JYS asks OSA if she is the one that reported the restaurant, PSR is not there, and the following scene he turns to OSA who seems to have her head down and he looks clueless....so disappointing! Well lets see, maybe thats not the case or maybe he will connect the dots..Finger crossed

But you know... It’s cruel on my part, but I want PSR to be delusional about OSA a bit longer, so we can have cold war between OSA and JYS. I think it will be interesting))) And their main reason is because they know perfectly who is their opponent. They don’t have a soft heart like PSR))) They would see opportunity and totally destroy))) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@Kimsungrin

I am wary of people shipping adult characters with minor/teen characters. The difference in My Mister was that IU's character was an adult right? In IC, JYS is still pretty much a teen/kid even though her mentality/maturity may not be like other peers her age. I hope to see JYS alot more in the next episode & her confrontation w/ SA. 

JSY will become an adult in a few weeks in drama's time since she is 19 at the moment and will be 20 in the lunar year (they are in the end of their third year of high school and near winter-november maybe december if it is actually exactly 7 yrs since he left just after Halloween plus at least one month since the restaurant opened a month ago).

In my mister lee ji an was 22 but a lot of people still didnt like it since park dong hoon was in his forties + married

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Maybe bcs i've been going back and forth between webtoon and drama countless times lol 

Nah, he'll never ask for OSA's help. And he has no reason to do that bcs he'll soon have a great manager at Danbam, JYS. She's the key person behind its rapid progress B)

In webtoon, the moment OSA saw JGS at Jangga's pub, she mumbled to herself that he somewhat looked familiar to her but then she didn't really pay attention to him. While in drama, there's no sign she felt that way. If we go backward, the only time she saw him was when she visited JDH's house for the first time 10 years ago. After leaving the house, she saw JGS playing alone in the yard but he's still a 9 year old kid at that time. Now JGS doesn't live in family house, but in a Goshiwon (small room mainly used by students) instead. So it kinda makes sense to me that OSA didn't recognize him bcs they barely met each other.

Btw, i found it so funny that firm and unwavering PSR could be fooled by a teenager like JYS. You know how hard he hit the table tho like he couldn't believe what just happened to him, i guess he got a mental breakdown at that time :lol: 

Looking forward to their interaction. It's gonna be much more interesting. After all the things she heard from JGW, how PSR has lived a hard and suffering life, that's when her only life goal has changed, to make PSR's bitter life to become sweet. That's all she cares about :wub:

Ahhh.. is The Swoon not gonna release something about them today? I have waited for it since forever :crazy:

The drama rating was impressive! *clap clap clap*

Okay, thank you for the clarification. I'd assume that since SA has worked for JDH for so long she'd see a family photo somewhere or familiarize herself with JDH's family. 

I see SRY will take JYS under his wings & be part of DanBam. I really like JYS boldness. I'd say she's somewhat similar to SRY but bolder & more striking lol. I think SRY has finally met his match that he cant seem to comprehend a person like JSY exist who pushes his buttons to the extreme. I was thinking about JYS's character in her relation to SRY as you mentioned & JYS reminds me alot of Pucca lol. If you watch/seen the show Pucca you might understand what I'm saying. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

25 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Guys will we got the first 

Reveal hidden contents

Kiss

Tonight? And i wonder when is the time jump?

I guess by the time the intern guy enter it is already 6 years later with Dan Bam already established by then with the help of JYS manager and the itaewon squad?

Because right now even JYS couldnt enter the pub yet

Spoiler 

Spoiler

Based on her clothes probably. But it really depends where they decide to make a cliffhangers. But chances are high.

No, we will stay in this timeline for awhile now. And see a lot of DanBam development. JYS will get her adult ID very soon in those “two months” and start helping PSR as his manager too. 

@greenwatch08 The webtoon (and I believe drama too) was smart about portraying relationship between Jo Yi Seo and Park Sae Roy. Especially on his part. I personally think they had one of the best young girl/older guy dynamic. Appropriate and in right pace.

Today’s OST part.4 Sondia “Our Night”

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

* Geun Woo's idea of turning their pub into a hooking spot is so stupid. I mean, if I was his dad, not only I have slapped him, I could have twisted his neck in front of the shareholders.

* I guess I still have a little faith on Soo Ah. I mean, it's kinda obvious on why she chose to work for Jangga Co., and that is to help herself get out of her old life. However, I guess she's actually helping Sae Roy to be stronger. I mean, he is so hard-headed, that whatever life trows at him, he gets stronger. I feel like Soo Ah knows that, and my theory is that she will use the position she has to make Sae Roy strong, even though it would mean he ill despise her in the process.

* Loved Yi Seo here! She's b!c+h!er to b\+che$$. It's a delight every time she appears on the screen.

* The episode is fun, but at the same time, depressing because you are seeing some sort of reality in it. You can actually see how power-hungry people use all of their resources to hurt and put others down just for them to retain it. Also, they use whatever they have to gain influence, especially the teachers in the school where Sae Roy and Yi Seo studied. 

* I can definitely feel that this will be the first JTBC drama for this year to reach 10%, and it might even surpass The Lady in Dignity's peak rating. I don't know, but JTBC's Manhwa adaptations are the best among all networks. I loved Last and Gangnam Beauty a lot. :D

* I wonder how would David Lee's character play here. You know? The one who get's bullied by Geun Woo? I just checked the opening and it looks like he will he a hedge fund manager?

Now, for the ratings:

EPISODE 3

NATIONWIDE - 8.013% (1.997 Million Viewers)
SEOUL - 8.253 (0.927 Million Viewers)

• Like 3

@serenilmauve

Yes, there isnt anything inherently wrong with older/younger character relationships when is done appropriately & well. I'm not familiar with the webtoon so I'm excited to see the relationship between SRY & JYS unfold. I hope they both kick major @$$ together as DanBam team. I like when ML/FL have well written development & relation to eachother base on mutual respect & understanding so reading posts on here about the dynamic between SJY & JYS in the webtoon is definitely my cup of tea. In SKorea, seniority is very important/emphasized but SRY doesnt downplay JYS's expertise at all even though shes much younger than him. He even took JYS's advice in consideration about social-media as a platform for self-promo. Heck, he didnt even take SA's advice when she was trying to help him but then again SA always seems dismissive of SRY's ways of doing things anyways. 

@Kimsungrin

I didnt watch the show so I can see why people didnt like the relationship between the two in My Mister.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

@serenilmauve

Yes, there isnt anything inherently wrong with older/younger character relationships when is done appropriately & well. I'm not familiar with the webtoon so I'm excited to see the relationship between SRY & JYS unfold. I hope they both kick major @$$ together as DanBam team. I like when ML/FL have well written development & relation to eachother base on mutual respect & understanding so reading posts on here about the dynamic between SJY & JYS in the webtoon is definitely my cup of tea. In SKorea, seniority is very important/emphasized but SRY doesnt downplay JYS's expertise at all even though shes much younger than him. He even took JYS's advice in consideration about social-media as a platform for self-promo. Heck, he didnt even take SA's advice when she was trying to help him but then again SA always seems dismissive of SRY's ways of doing things anyways. 

@Kimsungrin

I didnt watch the show so I can see why people didnt like the relationship between the two in My Mister.

No, I understand your concern. When I first read webtoon, I was like “huh?”, ‘cause I typically even don’t like this kind of relationships, but the more I read, the more open I was to idea. Good writer, with right attitude can make things work. Especially with there being no power dynamic between PSR/JYS, considering, that she works for him, but she is the one, that controls situation. 

• Like 2

@serenilmauve

Im glad that they didn't get a 17/19 year old actress to portray JYS because that would have took me out <_<. There's nothing wrong with younger/older relationship between characters as long as there sense of respect/understanding & power balance between the two. There's plenty of shows(not just kdramas) that delves into younger/older relationship(that doesnt involve romance). A kdrama I recall that did it well was Painter in the Wind. It's an older historical drama that had a huge age gap, not just the characters but the actors themselves too. But I loved their relationship because the ML had the upmost respect & care for the FL, although I'd say their relationship was more a teacher/apprentice one, not necessarily a romantic one but the feelings were there.

I know that JSY isnt like a 14 year old kid but shes still a minor/teen. And from the character chart, I see that JYS likes SRY but the feelings isnt reciprocated by SRY because of '?' mark. Btw, I love that coloring page of DanBam mascot. I hope IC ratings stay high so that there could be special episodes? I'm not sure if cable drama do special episodes. 

• Like 4

Help me out.  I don't understand this part.  :huh:

Why is SR waiting the 15 years for the statute of limitations to expire?  Which statute?  I realize he wants to avenge his father's death, but what is his plan?

(I think of a statute of limitations the other way around--that you can't pursue a case after the time has passed.)

fe9fee8643e5bc94c7d89a3cd3e41f3c39d7fdd1

• Like 2

A lot of people are now investing their time in this drama. However, there was a concern that Park Sae Roy is too righteous for a character, and the way he is portrayed might drag the drama.

I'd say, I don't see a problem with him being righteous. I mean, that was his motivation on why he wants to fight Jangga Co. And as righteous as he is, he is still a genuine human because his hunger for avenging his father's death is still there. So basically, he's not a saint for a character, rather, he has a right mix of being human - Just like the other characters in this series.

It's quite nice to see various colours of different people in the series. Not unlike most dramas, they are not totally good, or totally bad. Chairman Jang is quite greedy, but he has a motivation on why he wants to keep his power. Soo Ah was raised in an orphan, she remained poor till Chairman Jang offered her to go to college and work for him. Ji Seo saw Sae Roy's hunger to rise from the bottom, which is why she had sided with him.

The characters in this drama have a common denominator for their motivation - Their experience. And this is actually happening in real life. We might not like some people in the drama, but this  will help viewers to easily understand the characters because they're totally like us! We have motivation to do something because of our own experience. This is why I think Park Sae Roy's portrayal is quite good as far as the 3 episodes of this drama is concerned.

Speaking of which, my other theory is that the real motivation of Soo Ah for working at Jangga Co. is not Sae Roy and his dad, but the orphanage she used to live in?

56 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

Help me out.  I don't understand this part.  :huh:

Why is SR waiting the 15 years for the statute of limitations to expire?  Which statute?  I realize he wants to avenge his father's death, but what is his plan?

(I think of a statute of limitations the other way around--that you can't pursue a case after the time has passed.)

I am not sure because  the Statute of Limitation for Murders in South Korea has been extended to 25 Years in 2007 (It was removed in 2015, however). It was only 15 years before that.

Because in the Manhwa Park Sae Roy met Soo Ah after his prison time in Oct. 31, 2000. It was not mentioned in the drama, I think? And he said that he will work for 7 years then open his business.

So the setting of this drama in Episode 3 is around 2007?

And yes, if the statute of limitation had passed, you can no longer file a complaint, or put someone in court for a case that has happened 15 years before. So, yes. It's actually a reference to Geun Won Killing Sae Roy's dad.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@serenilmauve

Im glad that they didn't get a 17/19 year old actress to portray JYS because that would have took me out <_<. There's nothing wrong with younger/older relationship between characters as long as there sense of respect/understanding & power balance between the two. There's plenty of shows(not just kdramas) that delves into younger/older relationship(that doesnt involve romance). A kdrama I recall that did it well was Painter in the Wind. It's an older historical drama that had a huge age gap, not just the characters but the actors themselves too. But I loved their relationship because the ML had the upmost respect & care for the FL, although I'd say their relationship was more a teacher/apprentice one, not necessarily a romantic one but the feelings were there.

I know that JSY isnt like a 14 year old kid but shes still a minor/teen. And from the character chart, I see that JYS likes SRY but the feelings isnt reciprocated by SRY because of '?' mark. Btw, I love that coloring page of DanBam mascot. I hope IC ratings stay high so that there could be special episodes? I'm not sure if cable drama do special episodes. 

This moment a bit spoilery. Read only if really interested;)(!!!)

None spoiler version, yes, she will be the first one to have crush on him;)

Spoiler

She will love him for 6-7 years, before even being able to confess her feelings. All that time Park Sae Roy will be pretty much clueless about how she actually feels about him.

@SaiSai1988 was there really concern about PSR? He was like favorite character for most readers in webtoon... His righteous side was actual highpoint, due to character always working hard, but never giving up. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

This moment a bit spoilery. Read only if really interested;)(!!!)

None spoiler version, yes, she will be the first one to have crush on him;)

Reveal hidden contents

She will love him for 6-7 years, before even being able to confess her feelings. All that time Park Sae Roy will be pretty much clueless about how she actually feels about him.

@SaiSai1988 was there really concern about PSR? He was like favorite character for most readers in webtoon...

There are some concerns that the way he was portrayed in the drama is too righteous. I mean, I have read parts of the Manhwa and compared it with the drama. I can say that there are a lot more depth in the drama series than in the manhwa because they have changed a few details, or added a few, which is why there were some who had expressed such concerns. However, I actually like the additional details they have put in the series. I think that made PSR's character more colorful in the drama :)

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@serenilmauve

cmon bro. there are lots of crazier age difference that involve lots of romance.

Goblin? gong yoo and kim go eun 12 year difference ( in drama the age difference is 700 something ?? ) 

or maybe other park seo joon drama with uhm jung hwa a witch love ( the age difference is crazy in real life 19 years, she was 44 and psj was 25 yo when it aired ) 

also secret love affair which had a marriage woman had an affair with young guy? kim hee ae and yoo ah in which had 19 years age difference. 

kim da mi and park seo joon age difference in real life is 7 years which is just ok. for the drama setting itself. it was set up like that. ofcourse in this case, Jo yi seo will fall in love with Park Sae Royi not only because of his hard working and stubborn mentality but she knew that she could make him an even better man rather than Oh soo ah. she will be an admirer atleast for some time before park saeroyi return the love. he is focus on his 15 years grand plan right now. and right now if u ask me how old the difference between PSR and JYS i would say maybe 5/6 years. if u are not told how old PSR is you maybe would guess wrongly. 

also she knew how sneaky and toxic oh soo ah was to park sae royi and she wont let that hurt PSR. 

see the preview when she said after that accident she couldnt stop thinking about him and lost interest with other things

• Like 5

6 hours ago, SaiSai1988 said:

There are some concerns that the way he was portrayed in the drama is too righteous. I mean, I have read parts of the Manhwa and compared it with the drama. I can say that there are a lot more depth in the drama series than in the manhwa because they have changed a few details, or added a few, which is why there were some who had expressed such concerns. However, I actually like the additional details they have put in the series. I think that made PSR's character more colorful in the drama :)

I don't know, when I read webtoon, I was really into his character, even if I couldn't understand, what he is saying, due to not knowing Korean whatsoever :lol: But drama made him just feel real. Which I really appreciate. As much as I like unreal-cool k-drama leads, it's nice to have someone like PSR as protagonist for once;)

• Like 6

@Samuel Yohanes

I didnt watch any of those drama & have no interest in them. I'm talking about SRY & JYS in relation to eachother since shes still a teenager in highschool. I'm not familiar with the webtoon so I dont know how far/years will pass. 

I'm not worried about PSJ & KDM age difference. I am looking forward to see how SYR & JYS relationship will develop along the way. As in the preview for ep 3 as you mentioned,  SRY's personality & attitude/outlook is already rubbing off on JYS.

@SaiSai1988

I like that SRY is righteous I mean it's pretty on brand for his character. I hope that along the way that he continues with his ambition to succeed with his restaurant not just for revenge, but i hope he remembers to enjoy/love it just like the old days with his dad because SRY is such a passionate person. This is just the beginning of his journey so I want to see how he'll develop along the way along with his newfound pals. I definitely want him to succeed & beat J Co. & JDH.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@Samuel Yohanes

I didnt watch any of those drama & have no interest in them. I'm talking about SRY & JYS in relation to eachother since shes still a teenager in highschool. I'm not familiar with the webtoon so I dont know how far/years will pass. 

I'm not worried about PSJ & KDM age difference. I am looking forward to see how SYR & JYS relationship will develop along the way. As in the preview for ep 3 as you mentioned,  SRY's personality & attitude/outlook is already rubbing off on JYS.

i do think that when we talking about Age. there are some fine grey line in it. 

how do you define old/young ?

only based on age? act? way of thinking? maturity? 

you can see that JYS got iq 162 and hell she was way mature and smart in thinking than her other same age friends. she can read the situation faster than anyone and had more maturity + she is a sociopath. so i could say that she was older than what her real age is. 

i think it will be fine because it will be a one sided crush anyway atleast until some times for her. 

i think JYS is what complete PSR to reach what he want with his plan and his life. she was there for him and not being a snake. 

• Like 3