[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

Oh Soo Ah is getting drunk on power. She is following Jang Dong Hee's path (as a person and businessman/woman), that's why she is so afraid to loose her position, there is no background; people change. 7 long years passed, 7 long years Oh Soo Ah lived great life and now she is used to it too much to give up. She never even once give up anything for PSR and his dad, after living like a princess with all possible opportunities given to her by her boss, you think she would even risk it for PSR? Nah, never. 

Also in police station Park Sae Roy acted so much like his father. It hurt me. Jo Yi Seo said it right "that's why parents should teach their children". And he said the biggest truth about police and corruption out there...

• Like 5

@AsveriaPSJ just like you i am so mad right now lol seeing PSR hearing about proud and all for not settling and then Jang just come and add fuel to the fire...why my boy has to suffer like that??

Seeing the preview calmed me down a lil bit tho, when JSY confronts OSA and understands that she is the one that reported PSR's restaurant...i really hope PSR wont turn a blind eye to it

• Like 5

@Anjalifairy

I could see from that scene that SA does underestimate SRY. It's been 7 years, and as SRY said, hes been studying buisness & reading JDH's book so she was really taken aback from that. SA has always prioritize her wellbeing before SRY even as a teen. She doesnt want to live or be like SRY. She accepted J Co's money & work to be where she is at now & I highly doubt shes going to risk everything & give it up to a boy she was friends with 10 years ago whom she just recently met again. It's pretty on brand for her to oppose/be the opposite of SRY. I dont think SRY will ask/need SA's help either since she's working with JDH. During the scene you mention when both were strolling down the streets in Itaewon, SRY was suddenly spacing out/ignoring SA's advice too lol.

It seems that SRY doesnt resent her decisions since the 10 years but I wonder if he'll have a different perspective of her later on in the show. I dont think it was wrong of her to call the police since serving minors is punishable by law & is an offense but I do see it as SA going by her own principles/work ethics since she shoo JYS away for impersonating an adult when they entered the J Co.'s restaurant which is suppose to be for high clientele/adults. I'm suprised she didnt notice JGS as JDH's son?

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Kimsungrin said:

@AsveriaPSJ just like you i am so mad right now lol seeing PSR hearing about proud and all for not settling and then Jang just come and add fuel to the fire...why my boy has to suffer like that??

Seeing the preview calmed me down a lil bit tho, when JSY confronts OSA and understands that she is the one that reported PSR's restaurant...i really hope PSR wont turn a blind eye to it

I think preview is misleading and PSR will not hear the whole conversation with OSA and JYS. 

Also, I didn’t want to say it before...and I don’t know if it’s premature for me to say it... But I hope OSA is happy with her now great “loyal dog” position beside JDH.

And looks like JYS will be the one, to help re-open more successful version of DanBam)))

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anjalifairy said:

Great acting from Ahn Bohyun that i really wanted to slap him in the face!

JYS, i knew i would love her tho. Funny how PSR called her "ttorai" = a freak :))

OSA, like she said to JDH, that she will stay loyal to Jangga. You know she's opportunist. But i'm curious about her past tho, what triggered her to flip 180 and made innocent OSA slowly turned into a wicked, bcs webtoon has no this narrative about her past. 

And Kim Donghee, i think he needs to improve his acting. He will have pretty important part later, i hope this solid story is balanced with great performance from every actor :)

I think I know understand why sweet boy will move to the “darkside”... 

Jang Dong Hee knows how to corrupt people by using their weaknesses and desires... 

That’s why he don’t like Park Saeroy and so concerned about him. The guy is simply immune to his poison. 

• Like 3

such a good episode today too.i didn’t expect myself to laugh so much,especially after first two episodes made me cry a lot.new characters added fun element to the story.i mostly enjoyed how two danbam members antagonized each other all the time:lol:

my heart hurt to see park saeroy being so trusting and loving towards oh sooah,but she just put a knife into his back...he didn’t deserve it.especially from her.especially after all he went through and how hard he worked to achieve his dream.why she is so cold?:tears:

loved how park saeroy was able only to say“crazy”after he saw jo yiseo in the hospital:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Kimsungrin said:

I guess we could find OSA excuses before tonight's ep...she called the police when PSR went to Jang..(i cant seem to remember his name), okay, i can understand but in ep 3 she called the police on him so his restaurant would suffer a loss, and the way she said "sorry but we will have a date late" with a smile? Pure evil. If she wanted to help him, she would have tell him JYS is a minor who tried to enter jangga restaurant earlier so he can tell her to leave. She knows that he would have not let minors enter if he knew the situation and knew that he will have a hard time but she still called the police. To what extend one can be opportunist like...i really cant get over it. Like you i just feel so bad for PSR..poor guy

I liked JYS boldness on this ep, her being a sociopath is not her fault but he does make PSR go through more difficulties. Fortunately, she seemed to have already begun to understand his situation so she will be helpful rather than being a burden in the future. I really like PSR, like you said his way to deal with the situation and his calm are really impressive, cant wait for ep 4..and 5..and 6..lol

She did give SRY advice but she realize SRY doesnt/wont accept her help, which is probably for the better. SA is going by her own principles & work ethics that's why she called the police. She didnt like underage kids going to J. Co. restaurants so she doing the same with Danbam because it doesnt align with how she works. That's just how shes written as a character. I'm not saying she a saint because she definitely is not.

I like JYS too. I hope the drama delves into her psyche as someone who has sociopathic tendencies in depth more like her background story besides the short flashback scene of her as a kid. I think she'll be a big help to SRY as she's a sociamedia/influencer lol & knows how to maneuver around Itaewon. Shes young so she knows all the trends & whatnots since she lives there. I saw a still shot, presumably in later episodes, somewhere where SRY pat JYS on the head too^_^.  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

She did give SRY advice but she realize SRY doesnt/wont accept her help, which is probably for the better. SA is going by her own principles & work ethics that's why she called the police. She didnt like underage kids going to J. Co. restaurants so she doing the same with Danbam because it doesnt align with how she works. That's just how shes written as a character. I'm not saying she a saint because she definitely is not.

If it was only about not wanting to see minors in pub she would've said right away "hey, Sae Roy, they're minors, whats going on", but she hided it from him, then processed to go to her own thing, stopped, took a time to think, said "I changed a lot in fact" and called police. It's hard to ignore her real intentions, she tried to damage PSR's business knowing all too well, that what kind of punishment his pub will receive for serving minors. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, emollienime said:

such a good episode today too.i didn’t expect myself to laugh so much,especially after first two episodes made me cry a lot.new characters added fun element to the story.i mostly enjoyed how two danbam members antagonized each other all the time:lol:

my heart hurt to see park saeroy being so trusting and loving towards oh sooah,but she just put a knife into his back...he didn’t deserve it.especially from her.especially after all he went through and how hard he worked to achieve his dream.why she is so cold?:tears:

loved how park saeroy was able only to say“crazy”after he saw jo yiseo in the hospital:lol:

The hospital scene was so funny. It's like the sight of JYS makes SRY distressed lol.

I know that SA was SRY only friend all those years ago & was there when he lost his dad but I dont know if I could ever be friends with someone who works for people who's responsible for killing/coverup my dad's death. I understand that he likes SA very much but it bothers me lol. I'm glad that SRY has found a group of other people, like his employees, to confide in/work with now that he believes in & who also helps him. I'm excited to see JYS be apart of DanBam.

@serenilmauve

I definitely agree. SA is showing her true colors a little bit more & more and has change since she's thinking more about her flourishing career than her friendship with SRY. I do think she feels somewhat conflicted but ultimately she chooses J. Co/her job. Im curious to see if she'll help, which mostly likely she wont, or dismantle SRY with J. Co. if they plan to in the future episodes. I dont defend/agree with her actions though. I like the tension between SRY & SA. I wonder if it will affect how SRY sees her in a different/new light. I dont like them romantically together. More like enemies. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, greenwatch08 said:

I like JYS too. I hope the drama delves into her psyche as someone who has sociopathic tendencies in depth more like her background story besides the short flashback scene of her as a kid. I think she'll be a big help to SRY as she's a sociamedia/influencer lol & knows how to maneuver around Itaewon. Shes young so she knows all the trends & whatnots since she lives there. I saw a still shot, presumably in later episodes, somewhere where SRY pat JYS on the head too^_^.  

I cant wait to see the story unfold with JYS either. Like you said she will help him. We saw on the drama's teaser that she will put her mind into make PSR successfull and she definitely have what it takes. As for her sociopath tendencies, since she will love PSR, i guess we will be able to see some humanity in her. Well i didnt see the fact that she would be a minor coming...i have no problem for a love line with a age gap (its not like she is a little girl) but i know public opinion generally dont like that so i dont know what to expect between her and PSR. I saw a post with the characters's relations chart and between the 2 there were a love line coming from JYS to PSR and a line with an interrogation point for PSR so this is exciting. Just hope it wont go like My mister with the unsaid feelings lol

• Like 4

4 hours ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

I think preview is misleading and PSR will not hear the whole conversation with OSA and JYS. 

Oh no! Now that you said it and judging by the preview i think you're right!! It does look like when JYS asks OSA if she is the one that reported the restaurant, PSR is not there, and the following scene he turns to OSA who seems to have her head down and he looks clueless....so disappointing! Well lets see, maybe thats not the case or maybe he will connect the dots..Finger crossed

• Like 3

Rewatching the ep subbed, the last scene gave me chills: when PSR suddenly brought up the statute of limitation for his father's murder (a part i didnt catch without the sub) waouuh! So this is why his plan is for 15 years...he does have plan and is so focused i love it! I also loved seeing JDW lose composure while hearing that. That scene was really well performed.

And just like you said @greenwatch08 OSA underestimated PSR and that from the beginning, when in high school, when they met after his release, she really think he is all talk, that he is nothing to be worried about like she said to JDH...thinking about it makes me even more mad lol...and when she understood that he could be a real opponent what she does? Full evil b**** mode ON..arh

• Like 6

8% episode 3 is crazy lol. 2.7% increase from last episode.

This drama potential is huge. 

Enjoyed every second of this.

I am.proud that two drama i wait every week is doing very well in term of ratings. 8% already easily one of the highest rated kdrama for cable tv and it is has still room for growth

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Kimsungrin said:

And thats why i hate her lol. You really explained the situation well tho

Maybe bcs i've been going back and forth between webtoon and drama countless times lol 

5 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

@Anjalifairy

I could see from that scene that SA does underestimate SRY. It's been 7 years, and as SRY said, hes been studying buisness & reading JDH's book so she was really taken aback from that. SA has always prioritize her wellbeing before SRY even as a teen. She doesnt want to live or be like SRY. She accepted J Co's money & work to be where she is at now & I highly doubt shes going to risk everything & give it up to a boy she was friends with 10 years ago whom she just recently met again. It's pretty on brand for her to oppose/be the opposite of SRY. I dont think SRY will ask/need SA's help either since she's working with JDH. During the scene you mention when both were strolling down the streets in Itaewon, SRY was suddenly spacing out/ignoring SA's advice too lol.

It seems that SRY doesnt resent her decisions since the 10 years but I wonder if he'll have a different perspective of her later on in the show. I dont think it was wrong of her to call the police since serving minors is punishable by law & is an offense but I do see it as SA going by her own principles/work ethics since she shoo JYS away for impersonating an adult when they entered the J Co.'s restaurant which is suppose to be for high clientele/adults. I'm suprised she didnt notice JGS as JDH's son?

Nah, he'll never ask for OSA's help. And he has no reason to do that bcs he'll soon have a great manager at Danbam, JYS. She's the key person behind its rapid progress B)

In webtoon, the moment OSA saw JGS at Jangga's pub, she mumbled to herself that he somewhat looked familiar to her but then she didn't really pay attention to him. While in drama, there's no sign she felt that way. If we go backward, the only time she saw him was when she visited JDH's house for the first time 10 years ago. After leaving the house, she saw JGS playing alone in the yard but he's still a 9 year old kid at that time. Now JGS doesn't live in family house, but in a Goshiwon (small room mainly used by students) instead. So it kinda makes sense to me that OSA didn't recognize him bcs they barely met each other.

Btw, i found it so funny that firm and unwavering PSR could be fooled by a teenager like JYS. You know how hard he hit the table tho like he couldn't believe what just happened to him, i guess he got a mental breakdown at that time :lol: 

Looking forward to their interaction. It's gonna be much more interesting. After all the things she heard from JGW, how PSR has lived a hard and suffering life, that's when her only life goal has changed, to make PSR's bitter life to become sweet. That's all she cares about :wub:

Ahhh.. is The Swoon not gonna release something about them today? I have waited for it since forever :crazy:

The drama rating was impressive! *clap clap clap*

• Like 6

@serenilmauve

Wow, thats big rating increase especially for a cable drama let alone a network like JTBC because TVN is a big cable network. I know that JTBC's highest rated show was Sky Castle so it'd be neat to see if IC can reach that height. Maybe everyone was super excited to see JYS lol. Btw, it seems that the webtoon itself is super popular in SKorea. 

@Kimsungrin

I'm not a psychologist so I dont know the mind of a person who has socio-pathtic tendecies so it will be interesting how JYS develop/change throughout the show. I'm excited to see the dynamic & interaction between JYS & SRY as in a mutual/platonic relationship where they help/understand eachother. 

I am wary of people shipping adult characters with minor/teen characters. The difference in My Mister was that IU's character was an adult right? In IC, JYS is still pretty much a teen/kid even though her mentality/maturity may not be like other peers her age. I hope to see JYS alot more in the next episode & her confrontation w/ SA. 

• Like 6