[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

You know what moment made me for some reasons super emotional? Park Saeroy wearing his father’s watches. They showed us his father touching his watches several times (even if it’s basically product placement, since that watches MontBlanc and PSJ their model) and Sae Roy second episode spotted wearing the exact same watches. It’s such a nice detail and such a clever way to show some PPL, that makes actual sense and meaningful to the hero. 

Also I think I was too invested into their story. I cried so much, when Sae Roy said, that soju tastes bitter to him. Poor guy lost the only person in this whole world, that meant something to him and his killer still enjoying the life, like nothing happened. 

Btw, what a gentlemen to love the girl, but not wanting to burden her with his absence and because they were a bit too drunk, even if she invited him to stay herself.  

• Like 5

it02-28.gif

I loved this moment so much. It's so hard to not feel anything towards their couple. And the way she dressed him lol The whole time she painted his face, he had that amused gentle expression on his face like "are you having that much fun ridiculing my look" :lol: 

Spoiler
it02-27.gif

it02-29.gif

credit:

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

@serenilmauve They seriously love the way they’re building up their relationship...

Reveal hidden contents

...just to go and broke our hearts lol 

I’m disappointed, that she didn’t touch his head just like in stills :unamused::lol:

Spoiler

Partly OSA fault for the falldown of their relationship.

Also because JYS was there for PSR while she do whatever shady things she been doing with jenga.

Regret always come later right just like OSA

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Partly OSA fault for the falldown of their relationship.

Also because JYS was there for PSR while she do whatever shady things she been doing with jenga.

Regret always come later right just like OSA

Spoiler

Well, of course it would be because Oh Sooah wouldn’t be able to keep up the same pace as Park Saeroy. But I can’t really blame girl at this point. Saeroy had his dad, but she had no one to lean on. It that regard  I understand why she was always hesitant to follow him. To her practical view of the world Saeroy was always too much a dreamer, idealist, stubborn and reckless. She both likes him for that and deep inside resents him for same exact reasons.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

Hide contents

Well, of course it would be because Oh Sooah wouldn’t be able to keep up the same pace as Park Saeroy. But I can’t really blame girl at this point. Saeroy had his dad, but she had no one to lean on. It that regard  I understand why she was always hesitant to follow him. To her practical view of the world Saeroy was always too much a dreamer, idealist, stubborn and reckless. She both likes him for that and deep inside resents him for same exact reasons.

yeah totally agreed 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Thats why i need ep 3 and 4 asap so i can see why OSA decided to join the evil side and leave PSR. As far as what i read from the webtoon until ep 36 after the scene where she met with YDM there is almost 0 sceeen time for her as the scene focused on development of PSR and JYS characther and the restaurant itself. Also more background story for PSR. 

Although i think the writter of the webtoon will make a twist with the story and wont follow the webtoon 100%. I would like to see what the twist are. Just like what happen to PSR after release from jail which was different from webtoon.

Also who had thoughts that PSR first kiss is not with OSA lmao

• Like 4

Also the cinematography  is top notch,. You can see production put a lot of budget on cameras , angles. That makes the show visual treat. Many shows ignore that aspect and that makes drama look messy. I Am liking the cinematographer's work. Shows a great drama is not just a actor's success but everyone involved

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Thats why i need ep 3 and 4 asap so i can see why OSA decided to join the evil side and leave PSR. As far as what i read from the webtoon until ep 36 after the scene where she met with YDM there is almost 0 sceeen time for her as the scene focused on development of PSR and JYS characther and the restaurant itself. Also more background story for PSR. 

Although i think the writter of the webtoon will make a twist with the story and wont follow the webtoon 100%. I would like to see what the twist are. Just like what happen to PSR after release from jail which was different from webtoon.

I’m actually totally blind about what’s going on in webtoon. Except small snippets, that’s some girls shared. I decided to not read anything to experience the story as it unfolds, without drawing any comparison between drama and original story. 
So, I want both girls to stay as grey as possible as long as possible. I want people decide for themselves who they think suits Park Saeroy better (even if we know, who is the leading lady) and have a debate about human nature. 
Oh Sooah in her philosophy is not wrong right now. She is not inferior compared to Saeroy, she just views world in different way that he does. And Saeroy accepts it and understands her decisions. That’s why he said “you just living your life”. Why should she compromise her own stability, happiness and well-being just to follow his philosophy, if it doesn’t fit her. 

I’m yet to see Jo Yiseo’s side though. So my opinion about this whole situation can change. That’s why I like this drama so far. Except rich family (and I still sense, that they’re not as easy as presented; we already saw, how father is the reason, why his oldest son totally 7!2&83)3), all other characters feel so real to me, that I actually wanna go deeper into their stories. 

50 minutes ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Also the cinematography  is top notch,. You can see production put a lot of budget on cameras , angles. That makes the show visual treat. Many shows ignore that aspect and that makes drama look messy. I Am liking the cinematographer's work. Shows a great drama is not just a actor's success but everyone involved

I think it partially because production company used to film and distribute some high profile movies, that’s why it feels so cinematic with camera work. Like it’s slightly differently shot compared to current dramas. That’s why I said there is not much gloss and glamour around how they’re actually shooting characters. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:
  Hide contents

Gwang Jin already expanded Oh Soo Ah role for the drama, I believe she will get bigger story ark. 

img1-daumcdn-1.gif

Spoiler

img1-daumcdn-2.gif

img1-daumcdn.gif

credit: moonsol

I like how everyone noticed PSR stroking his hair gesture, that PSJ added to the character. It was such a nice detail to put to create a believable  character;)

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

16 hours ago, BlackKimchi said:

I restarted watching kdramas after a long break. And God, the dramas are getting way better!

I enjoyed the first two episodes. Can I say there’s more violence in this drama than your regular? I had to turn away a couple of times because I couldn't bear to see what happened next. Like the chicken scene. *cringes*

Who also dislikes SA? I really hope they don't end up together. Idk why I hate her character so much.

Can’t wait for February 7!

It’s a bit more mature than some usual fluff, I think? I mean the lead definitely was ready to kill that rich kid for what he did to his father. Even if her was under influence of his own grieve aka under affect. But it’s definitely not more gore or violent compared to usual history dramas, melos or thrillers:smiley:

• Like 5

@Samuel Yohanes yes, in the webtoon there are some timejumps that we also see in drama. The beginning of the story was 15 years ago when PSR was still in high school, then he was sent to prison which was supposed to be 3 years but due to good behavior he was released 1 year sooner, then he went deep sea fishing and right after 7 years he opened the pub and met again with OSA. So i believe the story of the missing 6 years will be about how the other underdogs met him, join him and establish the business in the upcoming episodes. And if i understand it correctly, there's still one more timejump that brought us to another 7 years later...

Spoiler

That's when you saw JYS with long hair in webtoon. 

@serenilmauve Can i talk about how pretty Oh Sooah was in her halloween costume? Her hair, her dress, her make up, and her artificial scars. Love her look :wub: And their reunion moment was so sweet. It's like "bcs we haven't met each other for a long time so i just let you paint my face as you pleased" :wub:

@emollienime Park Seojun with rock means something dangerous might happen XD

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1