[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

34 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

@Samuel Yohanes yes, in the webtoon there are some timejumps that we also see in drama. The beginning of the story was 15 years ago when PSR was still in high school, then he was sent to prison which was supposed to be 3 years but due to good behavior he was released 1 year sooner, then he went deep sea fishing and right after 7 years he opened the pub and met again with OSA. So i believe the story of the missing 6 years will be about how the other underdogs met him, join him and establish the business in the upcoming episodes. And if i understand it correctly, there's still one more timejump that brought us to another 7 years later...

Reveal hidden contents

That's when you saw JYS with long hair in webtoon. 

@serenilmauve Can i talk about how pretty Oh Sooah was in her halloween costume? Her hair, her dress, her make up, and her artificial scars. Love her look :wub: And their reunion moment was so sweet. It's like "bcs we haven't met each other for a long time so i just let you paint my face as you pleased" :wub:

@emollienime Park Seojun with rock means something dangerous might happen XD

Ah so thats the time jump huh?

Spoiler

Damn that kiss in the end and also OSA looks so bad there. Like a no life. And that long hair is so good in webtoon. 

I wonder what happen to osa tho 

• Like 3

park seojoon filming for the drama^_^

after reading some comments,i need to say it somewhere,but it’s strange to me to see people saying,that they saw park saeroyi’s dad dying and etc....of course anyone could see that coming...it was in synopsis:lol:they didn’t hide it as some surprise event.the story is about son being on revenge path due to his father’s death^_^

• LOL 3

11 hours ago, Anjalifairy said:

@serenilmauve Can i talk about how pretty Oh Sooah was in her halloween costume? Her hair, her dress, her make up, and her artificial scars. Love her look :wub: And their reunion moment was so sweet. It's like "bcs we haven't met each other for a long time so i just let you paint my face as you pleased" :wub:

I think he was kinda excited too, even if a bit awkward, because everything was also new to him;) But she drew hearts on his cheeks lmfao

She looked very beautiful, but we already knew, that styling is a top notch in this drama B)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

On 2/4/2020 at 3:12 AM, AsveriaPSJ said:
Spoiler

I’m actually totally blind about what’s going on in webtoon. Except small snippets, that’s some girls shared. I decided to not read anything to experience the story as it unfolds, without drawing any comparison between drama and original story. 
So, I want both girls to stay as grey as possible as long as possible. I want people decide for themselves who they think suits Park Saeroy better (even if we know, who is the leading lady) and have a debate about human nature. 
Oh Sooah in her philosophy is not wrong right now. She is not inferior compared to Saeroy, she just views world in different way that he does. And Saeroy accepts it and understands her decisions. That’s why he said “you just living your life”. Why should she compromise her own stability, happiness and well-being just to follow his philosophy, if it doesn’t fit her. 

I’m yet to see Jo Yiseo’s side though. So my opinion about this whole situation can change. That’s why I like this drama so far. Except rich family (and I still sense, that they’re not as easy as presented; we already saw, how father is the reason, why his oldest son totally 7!2&83)3), all other characters feel so real to me, that I actually wanna go deeper into their stories. 

That's something that I actually don't really like about Oh Soo Ah. While her actions understandable, she is a bit too practical for my taste. Yes, maybe Park Sae Roy for his own good sometimes not flexible enough and that's what gets him in trouble, but Oh Soo Ah is too willing to compromise what she thinks right/wrong just to gain something at the end (or get an easier option/life). She is a nice girl (so far), but I'm afraid this could be one of her most pivotal flaws in the future. 

• Like 3

Park Seo Joon Is The Embodiment Of His Character Behind The Scenes Of “Itaewon Class”

Park Seo Joon Is The Embodiment Of His Character Behind The Scenes Of “Itaewon Class”

Feb 5, 2020
by R. Jun

JTBC’s newly-premiered drama “Itaewon Class” has revealed behind-the-scenes photos of Park Seo Joonon set!

Based on the popular webtoon of the same name, “Itaewon Class” stars Park Seo Joon as Park Sae Roy, a passionate entrepreneur who is uncompromising in the face of injustice and corruption. Armed only with his convictions and his anger over the death of his father, Park Sae Roy joins forces with other young people that share his stubbornness and youthful bravado, then chases after his dreams in the narrow streets of Itaewon — while boldly going up against the food industry conglomerate Jang Ga in the process.

On his character, who is already well-loved by viewers, Park Seo Joon said, “Park Sae Roy is a strong character who firm in his beliefs and doesn’t compromise in the face of injustice. Seeing how unwavering he is and how he lives his life with a clear purpose will be a source of catharsis not just for me, but for those watching.”

Check out the behind-the-scenes images below! “Itaewon Class” airs on Fridays and Saturdays.

Spoiler

park-seo-joon-itaewon-class-5.jpg

park-seo-joon-itaewon-class-4.jpg

park-seo-joon-itaewon-class-3.jpg

park-seo-joon-itaewon-class-2.jpg

park-seo-joon-ahn-bo-hyun-itaewon-class.

park-seo-joon-itaewon-class.jpg

park-seo-joon-itaewon-class-6.jpg

park-seo-joon-itaewon-class-1.jpg

credit: soompi

• Like 4

Itaewon Class: Episode 2

ItaewonClass02-00023.jpg

Rounding out the rest of our premiere week, our hero finds himself face-to-face with the person responsible for his father’s death. Unfortunately, blind emotion can lead to dire consequences… especially when there’s evil chaebols involved. 

EPISODE 2 RECAP

credit: http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/02/itaewon-class-episode-2/

• Like 2

On 2/3/2020 at 12:25 PM, serenilmauve said:

I think it’s been shown pretty clear at this point, that Oh Soo Ah is not someone, who would follow Park Sae Roy no matter what. I’m still baffled how she not only just accepted money to study from Jangga - which is understandable to me, she is an orphan and needed some type of support - but went to work for them too. Get your diploma and work for someone else. Not for the people, who killed a person, who supported you a lot and destroyed the life of a guy you like or friends with, whatever she is feeling at this moment. 
I like the chemistry between Oh Soo Ah and Park Sae Roy and their moments, she is not someone bad (at least right now), but she is the one of those people, who stands opposite to him, not beside him. 
And talking about her, I liked the slight change they did with her origin with Park Sae Roy, I think it’s added something to their original relationship. Now it make more sense, why they become friends and she carried about him and his father. 

Exactly. I read a lot of comments sympathizing with Soo Ah and i really couldnt..from the start. I am good public and dont like the second lead most of the time but i do think her choices so far are objectively wrong. Like you said she is an orphan, has nobody to rely on so one can understand she takes the financial help to study (even tho someone with principles and loyalty would have not) but working for them? Really?? And like you said in the manhwa she does not have ties with PSR's dad unlike in the drama so i think the writer wants to emphasize the line, the world between them in the drama and justify their estrangement. Again you said it and i completly agree, she is not standing beside him, she is not with him and, in this situation, she is definitely against him, and have been from the start actually: when he took the side of the one who was bullied, she tried to stop him and did not took his side and even when the bullying continues after PSR expulsion she keeps on turning a blind eye to it. And she called the police on my boy like...i cant 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Kimsungrin said:

Exactly. I read a lot of comments sympathizing with Soo Ah and i really couldnt..from the start. I am good public and dont like the second lead most of the time but i do think her choices so far are objectively wrong. Like you said she is an orphan, has nobody to rely on so one can understand she takes the financial help to study (even tho someone with principles and loyalty would have not) but working for them? Really?? And like you said in the manhwa she does not have ties with PSR's dad unlike in the drama so i think the writer wants to emphasize the line, the world between them in the drama and justify their estrangement. Again you said it and i completly agree, she is not standing beside him, she is not with him and, in this situation, she is definitely against him, and have been from the start actually: when he took the side of the one who was bullied, she tried to stop him and did not took his side and even when the bullying continues after PSR expulsion she keeps on turning a blind eye to it. And she called the police on my boy like...i cant 

I can understand her calling the police; at that time she was a teen and probably panicked. No matter how it happened or how it should’ve happen, at least Park Sae Roy didn’t kill anyone. But what she did after bothers me. For someone who supposedly don’t like to accept help or ask for one she easily accepted all the money from Jangga group. Even without Park Sae Roy, this is a blood money to cover the death of a person, who saw her as his own daughter... 

I also read people wishing, she is secretly working for company to help PSR with his revenge plan, but even if I didn’t read the webtoon (and they can change some parts) I don’t see her ever doing it. She is kinda a coward, a person 7 years worked for people she knew everything bad about and now we should expect her helping a guy with one small restobar? 
I don’t wanna vilify Oh Soo Ah, I just don’t accept and agree her decisions.

But I do like, that people view her in different lights, that shows to me a sign, that she is a 3D character and I hope drama continues to evolve and open her in interesting and divisive ways; just like all characters. 
And with Jo Yi Seo finally joining the main storyline I’m interested how people would start view Oh Soo Ah’s previous actions. 

• Like 6

Park Seo Joon + Kim Da Mi Share Unforgettable 1st Meeting In “Itaewon Class”

JTBC’s “Itaewon Class” has revealed a sneak peek of Park Seo Joon and Kim Da Mi’s memorable first encounter!

The latest episode of the drama, which is based on the popular webtoon of the same name, ended with the revelation that the passionate and high-minded Park Sae Roy (played by Park Seo Joon) had taken his first steps toward achieving his dream of opening his own gastropub in Itaewon.

On February 6, “Itaewon Class” unveiled a glimpse of the entertaining dynamic between Park Sae Roy and leading lady Jo Yi Seo (played by Kim Da Mi), who will meet for the first time in the drama’s upcoming third episode. The first photo captures a tense moment between the pair, with Park Sae Roy grabbing the “genius sociopath” by the wrist to stop her as she attempts to get into a taxi.

Their second encounter proves even more unforgettable, with Jo Yi Seo dramatically falling backwards onto Park Sae Roy as he sports a cumbersome mascot costume. After their epic spill, Park Sae Roy appears to recognize Jo Yi Seo from their first meeting, pointing a finger at her accusingly while wearing a surprised expression.

2020020601000419500026461-20200206091006

The producers of “Itaewon Class” commented, “Park Sae Roy and Ji Yo Seo’s first meeting is entertaining from the get-go. You’ll be able to see Jo Yi Seo’s unique charms right away.”

They went on to add, “Please keep an eye on Park Sae Roy’s eventful arrival at Itaewon, as well as the start of his passionate revolt.”

The next episode of “Itaewon Class” will air on February 7 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Source : Soompi

Can't wait for friday!

Btw, i can't with more and more people, from kids to young adults, trying that bamtol haircut. Looks like Park Saeroy's hairstyle gonna be the new trend in SK :lol:

• Like 4