[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

36 minutes ago, AsveriaPSJ said:

New stills for ep.3 :glasses:

Finally, tomorrow new episode  :love:

I’m definitely aspired to be as dramatic as Jo Yiseo :joy:

Yes! Finally! 

Lmfao, I hope they will definitely keep this moment in drama and it’s not just for the picture :lol: I understand her though, in this costume he must be very comfortable to lay on :lol:

@Anjalifairy I really like his hairstyle and I don’t accept people wanting Park Sae Roy to change it in 7 years. Nope. Park Sae Roy = chestnut hairstyle! That’s my biggest ship :lol:

AD12-D9-F5-C9-A0-4-A02-B878-7-D6-F3-ECC0

• LOL 5

38 minutes ago, Anjalifairy said:

Episode 2 - making film

Park Donald :lol:

Based on his evil expressions more like Park Pennywise xD

Father & Son :heart:

:heart:

@serenilmauve Yasss, i hope he stay loyal with that shape until the end :lol:

He will B) So people should stop trying to change Park Sae Roy and criticize his love for chestnut hairstyle :lol:

3-C702111-8-CA8-4-B87-BF61-E82-D35-C0-BB

• LOL 4

On 2/3/2020 at 9:27 PM, AsveriaPSJ said:

You know what moment made me for some reasons super emotional? Park Saeroy wearing his father’s watches. They showed us his father touching his watches several times (even if it’s basically product placement, since that watches MontBlanc and PSJ their model) and Sae Roy second episode spotted wearing the exact same watches. It’s such a nice detail and such a clever way to show some PPL, that makes actual sense and meaningful to the hero. 

Also I think I was too invested into their story. I cried so much, when Sae Roy said, that soju tastes bitter to him. Poor guy lost the only person in this whole world, that meant something to him and his killer still enjoying the life, like nothing happened. 

Btw, what a gentlemen to love the girl, but not wanting to burden her with his absence and because they were a bit too drunk, even if she invited him to stay herself.  

i don’t think he didn’t stay because of that.i wondered why writer decided to add this scene and released to show,that park saeroyi is not ready to give up on his revenge path for oh sooah.that’s why he said”i’m not rich yet”.which means he didn’t reach his goals yet.if he stayed it would take his mind out of what he wanted to accomplish.he had early bus to catch.i guess he wanted to be with her,when his mind fully focused on their relationship.

Spoiler

a lot of different fanarts

• Like 4

14 hours ago, serenilmauve said:

I can understand her calling the police; at that time she was a teen and probably panicked. No matter how it happened or how it should’ve happen, at least Park Sae Roy didn’t kill anyone. But what she did after bothers me. For someone who supposedly don’t like to accept help or ask for one she easily accepted all the money from Jangga group. Even without Park Sae Roy, this is a blood money to cover the death of a person, who saw her as his own daughter... 

I also read people wishing, she is secretly working for company to help PSR with his revenge plan, but even if I didn’t read the webtoon (and they can change some parts) I don’t see her ever doing it. She is kinda a coward, a person 7 years worked for people she knew everything bad about and now we should expect her helping a guy with one small restobar? 
I don’t wanna vilify Oh Soo Ah, I just don’t accept and agree her decisions.

But I do like, that people view her in different lights, that shows to me a sign, that she is a 3D character and I hope drama continues to evolve and open her in interesting and divisive ways; just like all characters. 
And with Jo Yi Seo finally joining the main storyline I’m interested how people would start view Oh Soo Ah’s previous actions. 

I agree, her calling the police prevented PSR to commit murder and she definitely was panicked about what would happen thinking that he was going to his dad's murderer so i understand but then i think she did a testimony against PSR (i am not sure if she did, its unclear to me)..for money...this is selfish no matter how you look at it and like you said even without PSR being her friend, his dad was supposed to mean a lot to her so just brushing off the problem and wanting to move on and succeed...yeah, no i really dont understand.

I want to talk about PSR feelings about it. I didnt see anywhere people questioning his reaction. I read comments about how he took it well and didnt hold it against her but i think PSR is very mysterious, i cant read his thoughts and i think that maybe he stopped liking her the moment she made her choice. Like he is friendly with her and i dont think he holds a grudge but he for him they are not in the same boat. For example, when she invited him in her house and he refused, people said that it is because he wanted to be rich before doing anything with her but i think he will never do anything with her, that when he becomes rich, his plan is to reject her, from the moment she said to him she doesnt like poor guys in prison and he answered my dream is to become rich from now on, i didnt take it as an act of love. Am i the only one? Lol

Cant wait to see the female lead entering the picture!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Kimsungrin said:

I agree, her calling the police prevented PSR to commit murder and she definitely was panicked about what would happen thinking that he was going to his dad's murderer so i understand but then i think she did a testimony against PSR (i am not sure if she did, its unclear to me)..for money...this is selfish no matter how you look at it and like you said even without PSR being her friend, his dad was supposed to mean a lot to her so just brushing off the problem and wanting to move on and succeed...yeah, no i really dont understand.

I want to talk about PSR feelings about it. I didnt see anywhere people questioning his reaction. I read comments about how he took it well and didnt hold it against her but i think PSR is very mysterious, i cant read his thoughts and i think that maybe he stopped liking her the moment she made her choice. Like he is friendly with her and i dont think he holds a grudge but he for him they are not in the same boat. For example, when she invited him in her house and he refused, people said that it is because he wanted to be rich before doing anything with her but i think he will never do anything with her, that when he becomes rich, his plan is to reject her, from the moment she said to him she doesnt like poor guys in prison and he answered my dream is to become rich from now on, i didnt take it as an act of love. Am i the only one? Lol

Cant wait to see the female lead entering the picture!

Mmm, I disagree, Park Sae Roy is not someone, who will be doing something like this especially to Oh Soo Ah. His motives and goals pretty clear, and he basically said what in his mind. He thought she did right thing by calling police on her, accepting money from Jangga and he is just grateful, she wrote him, when he was alone. "I can't be mad at you for living your own life", I think it summons up whatever he is feeling perfectly. He never expected her to take his side fully in the first place. 

KDM and PSJ updated their IG from shooting locations;)

translation;)

Spoiler

Fanarts

• Like 3

JBTC is really killing it in the emotional department because watching the first 2 episode of Itaewon Class made me cry:tears:. I already cried bucket of tears watching Chocolate. The music is really good in this drama, it really sets the tone & mood.

The camera work/cinema-tography here & overpass shot of Itaewon is vibrant & beautiful. 

I'm not familiar with the webtoon but judging from the trailers I'm expecting a coming of age/human drama story about underdogs making a name for themselves. I didnt expect it to be heavy & emotional in the first 2 episode. I dont watch much of Park Seo Joon at all. I've only seen him in the first 4 episodes of What's Wrong With Secretary Kim? & I didnt feel invested in the story or the characters. It seems PSJ tends to play lighthearted/rambunctious & comedic roles but in Itaewon Class, he appears & feels different, on a more serious/grounded & dramatic note, which I like.  I like his character SRY, someone who's a bit odd & socially awkward but a good person who stays true to his morals. My favorite part from the 2 episodes was his relationship with his father. Every scene of them together is so good. It's endearing. His father is such a good person & the actor Son Hyun Joon portrayed him with such honesty. The car hit scene was so graphic, it suprised & scared me lol. That scene was so heartwrenching as he reached for the family photo:bawling:. The rain scene where SRY punches JGW was really good. I really felt the raw emotion of SRY & his pain calling out for his dad.

I like Soo A so far & her friendship with SRY. From what I gathered she isnt the main FL? Her circumstances & upbringing sort of shapes her mentality so it's understandable in the way she does/thinks as a person from her teenage years & up to the present day. I'm assuming shes going to have to draw the line between her friendship with SRY & her career with J Co. The actor that portrays the CEO is fantastic. A great villainous vibe without being too obnoxious & loud. I like the way he dresses too. I hate him and his son! Both very trashy characters but the actors are great.

Ep. 3 is where the other characters will be introduced? Kim Da Mi plays Jo Yi Seo who will be officially introduced in episode 3. Shes the main FL right? She was shown in the beginning of ep1. I really like her appearance & vibe who seems very spunky with lots of attitude/flair lol. It seems that SRY & JYS with have a very funny first encounter lol. I'm so excited for tomorrows episode. 

• Like 6

@serenilmauve

Im reading/browsing previous posts about the 1st 2 episodes & regarding SA. She is someone who's made it her goal which she repeatedly mentions that she will not live her life like SRY/his dad. I wouldn't consider her to be bad/awful person either but her actions is hypocritical. But that's how shes been her whole life even up to the present day, finding a mean of survival since she grew up as an orphan. I think she does genuinely care & even like SRY but I think their relationship will change along the way since shes part of the J Co. She will have to either choose her flourishing career or her friendship with SRY. I'm assuming she wont be choosing SRY :crazy:which is not suprising/on brand of her character. She did say her memories of SRY is fading. I want to see how SRY reaction/feelings will change/be different now even though he didnt resent SA for taking J Co's scholarship to attend college or work for the company years ago. The only thing that bothers me about SA was how dismissive she was about how SRY & his dad lived their life even though she recieved so much help from SRY's dad.

SRY genuinely cares & likes SA since she was his only friend & someone he found a sense of comfort from. Its interesting to see how their relationship will unfold. Btw, PSJ really matches that chestnut haircut lol. He has the face shape for it. The actress Kim Da Mi that plays Jo Yi Seo has such a cute squishy face lol. Like a chipmunk. I see that this is KDM first lead role & first time in a drama. Looking forward to see them onscreen together as SRY & JYS. 

• Like 6

Actress Choi Myung Bin will play as Jo Yiseo's child version on tonight episode. 

OST part 3 by Ha Hyun Woo will be released at 6PM KST. 

Episode 3 still cuts. 

Finally Mahyuni~

I guess they're bored bcs no customers are coming :))

Me being excited for tonight's episode:

unnamed.gif

• Like 4

How old are the characters in the webtoon compare to the drama? I know that SRY & SA are 27/28 (29 in korea yrs) in the drama. How old is JYS? In the preview for ep.3, it shows that JYS is wearing a school uniform? Is it a flashback scene or is she really a teenager:crazy:? I really like how everyone looks in the drama, must be the style in Itaewon. Seems like a carefree-bustling city.

Also, I really like the acting in IC so far. There's a lot of nuance in it. The characters dont appear to garish for comedic-overly dramatic purposes & the heartfelt moments feel realistic/touching.

• Like 5

@Anjalifairy

Thank you for the reply.

I think the age calculation is a bit different in S.Korea since they add 1/2 years to their current age? Was JYS a teen in the webtoon even though she was 19 or out of school? I see that she wears a school uniform in ep. 3 preview in the drama. Is she the youngest character in the webtoon along with the other male character she hangs with?

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

@Anjalifairy

Thank you for the reply.

I think the age calculation is a bit different in S.Korea since they add 1/2 years to their current age? Was JYS a teen in the webtoon even though she was 19 or out of school? I see that she wears a school uniform in ep. 3 preview in the drama. Is she the youngest character in the webtoon along with the other male character she hangs with?

Their age calculation is different bcs in SK, the time you spent in your mom's tummy counts as the first year of your life.

Yup, JYS and his bestfriend, Jang Geunsoo, are still high school students. There's part in webtoon where they tried to enter a pub with fake ID but got rejected bcs they're still under age :)) If that part will be on the drama, i think we can expect it on tonight's episode ;)

• Like 3

@greenwatch08 Hi, welcome! 
Both Kim Dami and Park Seojoon (also Kwon Nara too lol) have full cheeks, that I want pinch them half of the time :joy: I think they made a right choice with Kim Dami as Jo Yiseo. Girl suppose to be cute and psycho at the same time lol

btw, I want to praise Ahn Bohyun’s acting too! He acted so well all his scenes! 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1