[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

I restarted watching kdramas after a long break. And God, the dramas are getting way better!

I enjoyed the first two episodes. Can I say there’s more violence in this drama than your regular? I had to turn away a couple of times because I couldn't bear to see what happened next. Like the chicken scene. *cringes*

Who also dislikes SA? I really hope they don't end up together. Idk why I hate her character so much.

Can’t wait for February 7!

• Like 4

Just curious.. is this manhwa still ongoing or did it end? Really enjoyed the first two episodes. But I know this drama is gonna test my patience. Already can’t stand the bad characters and the horrible things they do. And for people who have read the manhwa, am I supposed to like SA? She seems sweet and innocent but also has a darker, unlikeable side so I was already going back and forth about her. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stellalafemme said:

Just curious.. is this manhwa still ongoing or did it end? Really enjoyed the first two episodes. But I know this drama is gonna test my patience. Already can’t stand the bad characters and the horrible things they do. And for people who have read the manhwa, am I supposed to like SA? She seems sweet and innocent but also has a darker, unlikeable side so I was already going back and forth about her. 

It has ended.

Basically she's a nice person but of course there's a reason that makes her what she is today that's related to her past.

Based on the article, Kim Dami made instagram account just a few days before IC premiere, in order to get closer to Jo Yiseo's character which is an influencer with 760.000 followers.

I saw that after IC premiere her followers seems to have increased significantly :D

• Like 3

i liked second episode even more than the first one.there is definitely something amazing about atmosphere of our drama,that makes me invested in what’s happening.

when park saeroy refused to kneel down to those mafia in prison it made me so emotional.it’s a character that don’t humiliate himself for no reason at all.

Itaewon Class: Episode 1

itaewonclass-poster-01.jpg

Spunky and heartwarming, the highly anticipated webtoon-turned-drama, Itaewon Class, delivers a strong premiere with a story that begins during our hero’s formative years — a time of awkward feelings, firm convictions, and unexpected tragedy. Father and son are the central characters in this first episode, and we’re blessed with two great actors to portray this relationship (Park Seo-joon! Sohn Hyun-joo! Eeeee!). 

In addition to the father-son duo, the show boasts a stellar cast to carry this hyped underdog story. I’m looking forward to solid performances from both our good guys and bad guys, and I can’t wait to meet the full ensemble of characters as this story unfolds.

EPISODE 1 RECAP

credit:http://www.dramabeans.com/2020/02/itaewon-class-episode-1/

• Like 2

I think it’s been shown pretty clear at this point, that Oh Soo Ah is not someone, who would follow Park Sae Roy no matter what. I’m still baffled how she not only just accepted money to study from Jangga - which is understandable to me, she is an orphan and needed some type of support - but went to work for them too. Get your diploma and work for someone else. Not for the people, who killed a person, who supported you a lot and destroyed the life of a guy you like or friends with, whatever she is feeling at this moment. 
I like the chemistry between Oh Soo Ah and Park Sae Roy and their moments, she is not someone bad (at least right now), but she is the one of those people, who stands opposite to him, not beside him. 
And talking about her, I liked the slight change they did with her origin with Park Sae Roy, I think it’s added something to their original relationship. Now it make more sense, why they become friends and she carried about him and his father. 

• Like 5

Just seeing the preview of ep 3, and already fall for PSY and JYS couple...

Anw, the two first episode were so heart-breaking.. I never cry because of drama, and now I cried :tears:.. Really the chairman is the pure evil, either to human or animal :rage: 

• Like 3

Hey guys i tried to Look at the raw picture of the webtoon ( i dont understand anything with the dialogue ) but things that i noticed.

The Netflix Teaser is a scene from the webtoon ( most likely ep 4/5 ). 

So far the scene looks like the webtoon but had more detailed scene like when PSR come to itaewon. There is a bit difference between webtoon and drama. In webtoon, PSR had 2 months circling around seoul except itaewon before going to itaewon and met OSA. Meanwhile in drama the scene acted differently.

Next week will be all about Jo yi seo and the first meeting with PSR + whatever happen after their meeting.

Now the important part that still missing is the 6 year jump after he open the Cafe ( because actually the first scene in episode 1 happen 15 years after ) the webtoon really i couldnt differentiate if there is any timejump or something. Because the translated part only cover 12 episode. 

And the craziest things ive read so far is.....( heavy webtoon spoiler ) 

Spoiler

So after PSR,JYS, and OSA run away just like the teaser ( they run away because PSR punch a guy who i think is the bad chaebol but i am not sure because he i think flirting and going physical with JYS and PSR saw it and start to punch him ) 

And then after they run around itaewon they stop and had a talk 3 of them.which i dont understand at all 

And then they go to restaurant and had a food together. They talk again. And then PSR goes away for a little bit. And the two girl had a talk to each other and JYS shows psycho face ( you need to see it yourself lol ) and idk what they are trying to say but there are some like shocked face or something. And then PSR back to the table and suddenly both become full of smile again. 

And then OSA try to go away(?) And in here i am.a bit confused because no translation psr stand up jys also stand up they had talk after some talk OSA gone and PSR And JYS had private drinking session. I think PSR drunk his way in until he got drunk and then he fall down. And guess what? JYS help him? NOOOOOO She actually goes down to him.and then KISS HIM RIGHT IN THE MOUTH!!!! DAMN I COULDNT WAIT FOR THIS SCENE HOLY richard simmons THATS LOOKS SO HOT OMG. 

And yeah this will happen soon in ep 4/5 so be hyped guys

Also......

OSA had something dillema having thinking about PSR ( maybe because of her choice for Jenga (?) ) and then she goes walking in the alley and having thoughts in her mind. And she had her own breakdown until her shoulder get tapped by PSR. And then they talk and she beside PSR until they two meet JYS and friends. And then OSA flirting with psr and JYS got a bit jealous. And when OSA want to kiss PSR......... the freaking mad men JYS come to them and hold OSA mouth with her hand so she couldnt kiss PSR. This scene is also crazyily amazing lmaooooo i cpuldnt wait to watch it.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

46 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Hey guys i tried to Look at the raw picture of the webtoon ( i dont understand anything with the dialogue ) but things that i noticed.

The Netflix Teaser is a scene from the webtoon ( most likely ep 4/5 ). 

So far the scene looks like the webtoon but had more detailed scene like when PSR come to itaewon. There is a bit difference between webtoon and drama. In webtoon, PSR had 2 months circling around seoul except itaewon before going to itaewon and met OSA. Meanwhile in drama the scene acted differently.

Next week will be all about Jo yi seo and the first meeting with PSR + whatever happen after their meeting.

Now the important part that still missing is the 6 year jump after he open the Cafe ( because actually the first scene in episode 1 happen 15 years after ) the webtoon really i couldnt differentiate if there is any timejump or something. Because the translated part only cover 12 episode. 

And the craziest things ive read so far is.....( heavy webtoon spoiler ) 

Hide contents

So after PSR,JYS, and OSA run away just like the teaser ( they run away because PSR punch a guy who i think is the bad chaebol but i am not sure because he i think flirting and going physical with JYS and PSR saw it and start to punch him ) 

And then after they run around itaewon they stop and had a talk 3 of them.which i dont understand at all 

And then they go to restaurant and had a food together. They talk again. And then PSR goes away for a little bit. And the two girl had a talk to each other and JYS shows psycho face ( you need to see it yourself lol ) and idk what they are trying to say but there are some like shocked face or something. And then PSR back to the table and suddenly both become full of smile again. 

And then OSA try to go away(?) And in here i am.a bit confused because no translation psr stand up jys also stand up they had talk after some talk OSA gone and PSR And JYS had private drinking session. I think PSR drunk his way in until he got drunk and then he fall down. And guess what? JYS help him? NOOOOOO She actually goes down to him.and then KISS HIM RIGHT IN THE MOUTH!!!! DAMN I COULDNT WAIT FOR THIS SCENE HOLY richard simmons THATS LOOKS SO HOT OMG. 

And yeah this will happen soon in ep 4/5 so be hyped guys

I do think they will show us some moments from jail (100%)  and his deep sea fishing (60-70% sure here). That's job for next episodes.

As for your spoiler

Spoiler

They talked about Sae Roy liking Oh Soo Ah for 10 years and Oh Soo Ah asking if Jo Yi Seo  likes Sae Roy. And you can scroll to early pages to see that spoiler translated thanks to @Anjalifairy

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

I do think they will show us some moments from jail (100%)  and his deep sea fishing (60-70% sure here). That's job for next episodes.

As for your spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

They talked about Sae Roy liking Oh Soo Ah for 10 years and Oh Soo Ah asking if Jo Yi Seo  likes Sae Roy. And you can scroll to early pages to see that spoiler translated thanks to @Anjalifairy

Can you look at my new updated spoiler?

That scene is also crazy lmaoo.

Spoiler

Watching jealous JYS in the drama would be gold hahaa... idk why but when i look at the webtoon i suddenly remember Fight for way When Kim ji won got jealous when Lee elijah came to park seo joon. I think this one also the same lmaooooo. 

Kim da mi would nail the jealous scene 100% 

Holy i found it already and damn thats a sweet scene one for sure. Thanks for the translation!

If anyone want the website for the RAW webtoon i had one ( got it from someone in MDL ) but a bit warning there are lots of inappropriate Ads in the website. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Can you look at my new updated spoiler?

That scene is also crazy lmaoo.

Holy i found it already and damn thats a sweet scene one for sure. Thanks for the translation!

Yeap, page 4-5 to everyone, who wants to read it. 

Jo Yi Seo someone we anticipate a lot because of who she is and how much crazy aura she brings into the story;)

Put her around Park Sae Roy and girl is unstoppable. They both have that "I do want I want to do" kind of vibe going on around them;) 

From Kim Da Mi's managment

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, serenilmauve said:

Yeap, page 4-5 to everyone, who wants to read it. 

Jo Yi Seo someone we anticipate a lot because of who she is and how much crazy aura she brings into the story;)

Put her around Park Sae Roy and girl is unstoppable. They both have that "I do want I want to do" kind of vibe going on around them;) 

This drama had a bit similiar vibe to Fight for my way although the stake is far different but i just could imagine the JYS and PSR combo just like Ae Ra and GDM combo haha.

I agree with her craziness. She is the IT Girl for PSR!

Reading the webtoon is a bit confusing tho because of the non translated + the hair color/face for the drama is different in webtoon except PSR. So it got a bit confusing haha

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

This drama had a bit similiar vibe to Fight for my way although the stake is far different but i just could imagine the JYS and PSR combo just like Ae Ra and GDM combo haha.

I agree with her craziness. She is the IT Girl for PSR!

Reading the webtoon is a bit confusing tho because of the non translated + the hair color/face for the drama is different in webtoon except PSR. So it got a bit confusing haha

I don't agree about FFMY, which is like one of my most favorite dramas ever. Both have common place only about "youth struggle", but to be honest, there is still no similar vibe. FFMY is about youth struggling with social life, while IC about youth struggling with social class difference, if that make sense. One group is active part of society, the other group are rejects of said society. 

And Jo Yi Seo the right person for PSR, because she sticks around him and here to support him, not to be an opposite philosophy ^_^ Which makes me happy, because PSR suffers from being alone in his journey.

Also I can see how someone like PSR could actually affect someone, like JYS. She whines about life being meaningless, while PSR saw all the meaning of the life. 

Everyone on twitter praised her for saying what she said at the start, when actual idea is a complete opposite. 

• Like 4