[Drama 2020] Itaewon Class, 이태원 클라쓰

0ly40

Omg.. Even the OST will be that good? :bawling: When i heard the english part, i thought it's something like Coldplay or Adam Levine would sing, the voice is so soothing and i can already feel Park Saeroy's deep sadness.

Edit :

Sorry, i mean the song is indeed full in english

2 hours ago, emollienime said:

@Anjalifairy clueless park saeroy^_^

is anyone planning to stream today’s episode and write some recaps here?^_^

I don't think i can do it bcs i'm not confident enough with my english :lol: It would be good if anyone is willing to volunteer :D

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

Is it just me that feels it's too short?? :P

Omg.. All my theory about part that doesn't include in webtoon is totally wrong :lol: i like the camera directing and the color tone, it felt like i was watching movie :heart: Now i'm gonna sleep while waiting for netflix with subtitle, bcs i didn't really understand, i was more like enjoying picture :D

• Like 4

No ep 2 preview?? 

This one is a bit late tho but actually on saturday it fit my watch schedule perfectly so i can binge both cloy and this back to back.

Kim da mi Opening had a strong crazy girl vibe and i love it. Cant wait for tomorrow episode

I do think that tomorrow episode ending will be kim da mi and park seo joon first meeting.

It is sad actually for park sae roy to have his happiness with his father taken away just like that.

• Like 5

I couldn’t help and watched drama two times in a row and both times I was so much into what’s happening. I didn’t expect characters that were born from webtoon to feel so...real. There is no gloss at all around them (as much as it’s possible in k-drama world lol). But there was no “beauty” shots and sometimes there wasn’t even music when characters talked between each other. I was emotionally invested into the story and characters because of it.

And can I talk about Park Saeroy. He is just different. He is someone worth your attention not because of his big gestures towards female lead or perfect look and perfect actions, but because of his strength, stubbornness, pain, temper and rage towards the life itself.

This drama has everything, that you want. It has story, characters, acting and heart. I rarely cry, despite being sensitive, but I cried when I heard Park Saeroy saying, that his dad was the reason for his existence and now he is gone. 

This is a project, that people involved in can be definitely proud of. And it’s warming my heart to know, that this is just a beginning.

I’m not gonna predict how many people would like it. I’m bad at it lol Maybe the feeling of some realness and bittersweet coming-of-age tale of social misfits not everyone’s cup of tea and people would simply overlook this drama. But for me personally it’s already shaping up to be something exceptional and unique)))

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Itaewon Class trending no. 1 on Naver and Daum :blush:

Great start

@Samuel Yohanes Same! Looks like my saturday night will be k-drama marathons routine for the next few weeks. Watching IC straight after CLOY, back to back lol :)) Yeah, idk why they don't give us preview though :rolleyes:

As always, PSJ nailed all those emotional scenes with his solid acting. He cried, i cried :'(( And his chemistry with his father, Son Hyunjoo, was exactly what i thought. I like the way SHJ portrayed his role as PSR's dad. It exceeded expectation from what i imagined while reading the webtoon. As a result, i could feel a warm and strong bond between this father and son. If only we could see a little more of their moments together :'( Also, KDM left great impression for me despite short appearance in this 1st episode. She has such rich expression. Looking forward to her and other casts full appearance tonight :wub:

@AsveriaPSJ Ikr? PSR's character is so unique. Basically almost all important characters in this drama are strong and unique. Just like Gwangjin, the writer said, one of the main attraction points of this drama is the characters themselves. 

And he's like he wanted to perpetuate his name by making it as the name of the school in the drama kkkkk :))

• Like 3
  • Awesome 3

I will write something more like a review a bit later, but am I like the only one, who still has that lingering unsettling emotion (that I can't describe or express) due to the what happened. I knew it’s coming, but I still can’t soak it :tears: Maybe because I was so into PSJ and  SHJ acting, that I just can’t let it go. I knew their duo would wreck me again :tears: 

I watched and re-watched and re-watched even more the last scenes and I feel all the pain and injustice, that Park Sae Roy experienced that one last moment. It’s nothing new, but the way they filmed it, the way they acted it, the way PSJ narrated it... 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

Wow…this story is absolutely amazing and off to a great start. It had me fully hooked the moment PSR did not waver in his beliefs when asked by CEO Jang to kneel before his son and apologize. It is clear that he adheres to his moral compass which is truly admirable. Then when I thought dad would cower before his boss, he was so proud of his son and chose to resign instead. I applaud him for standing by his son and cementing the foundation he had taught him. Sigh…but of the course, the bad guys won’t let things slide that easily. What happened to dad hit me hard. I totally sympathize with SR, but look forward in seeing him champion through the hardships.

P.S. If anyone is going to play the “villain”, I am happy to see that it is Yoo Jae Myung. Loved him from Forest of Secrets. Look forward in seeing him act alongside or maybe rather the opposing side of PSJ.

• Like 7