[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

@Kaizen68 Bravo chingu, you have great husband hunting instincts.

Thanks, Chingu. Some of my estimations are also wrong. For instance, Chi Hong, who is talking about Ik Sun instead of Song Hwa and he made Ik Jun look sad and serious.  But we also just recognize one thing, Ik Sun had a trauma in the past.

Many things feel very ambiguous like you said. I even hesitated when I said Ik Jun liked Song Hwa after I watched the funeral scene in episode 2. That expression was very subtle and vague. But since the apparent clues are more likely to be a trap and because this is a sharing forum, so I just shared it. I don't know if writing it at four in the morning makes me guessing too much btw lol. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Kaizen68 said:

Thanks, Chingu. Some of my estimations are also wrong. For instance, Chi Hong, who is talking about Ik Sun instead of Song Hwa and he made Ik Jun look sad and serious.  But we also only recognize one thing, Ik Sun had a trauma in the past.

Many things feel very ambiguous like you said. I even hesitated when I said Ik Jun liked Song Hwa after I watched the funeral scene in episode 2. That expression was very subtle and vague. But since the apparent clues are more likely to be a trap and because this is a sharing forum, so I just shared it. I don't know if writing it at four in the morning makes me guessing too much btw lol. 

Please don't hesitate about sharing your theories here. You can just take me as an example of how I babble all the time about possible ships even if none of them comes true. LOL. Even if we are wrong, we are not going to lose anything, right? It's just that the writer is one step ahead of us. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I love how this episode is slowly fleshing out my ships, which seemed impossible before. Likewise, it made me more appreciative of each character. In this post, and possible the next one, I want to share some of the realizations I’ve bad about three possible pairings and the people involved (namely Seok-hyeong/Min-ha, Dr. Jang/Jeung-won, and Ik-jun/Song-hwa):

Min-ha (OB resident)/Seok-hyeong

I have to admit. I wasn’t a big fan of her before. However, I think this episode changed my perception of her character. I like her friendship with the other residents. She may be blunt, but she is not as superficial as she seems to be. Her honesty is refreshing in the way she tells Captain Ahn that they don’t backstab others, only talk in front of them.

Moreover, I love how she interacted with Dr. Jang. When she found out her friend was sick, she immediately left and took off to check on her friend. Til night time, she stayed to make sure Dr. Jang was okay. However, when Dr. Jang needed a reality check about Jeung-won, she was also quick to wake Dr. Jang up and get her from keeping her hopes up.

At the same time, I also appreciate the level of respect she has for Seok-hyeong. Even if others might not like it, I can see it developing. Instead of gossiping about the lady she saw the previous episode to Dr. Bong and their club, she did not bring it up. Instead, she asked permission from Seok-hyeong, and then asked about it. It takes a lot of guts to do that, though it may seem inappropriate. I can also see how she respects or trying to respect him as a senior. She is alert and on her toes—concerned about the patient—but also appreciative of SH’s talent as a physician. She may not be SH’s loveline, if he will have one at all, but I am warming up to her character.

Dr. Jang/Jeung-won

I love it. This has to be one of the most slow-burn romances out there, considering they aren’t even friends. Even if it isn’t shown, I think Jeung-won’s character is really starting to warm up to Dr. Jang. We see it when he suddenly got tense and worried when Ik-jun told them about Dr. Jang’s condition. And then his text message. If he really saw her as incompetent and a nobody, he won’t bother messaging her at all. So now, this brings the question Why? Why did he message her? Why did he care?

To understand this, I watched their first scene in this episode first. Jwon was worried about the baby, and Dr. Jang told him that the mother is devastated. When he looked at her, she hurriedly explained that she talked about the condition often and in detail, without being blunt or mean about it.

Afterwards, we see Jeung-won walking out and taking a look at the mom. I have this impression and feeling that Jwon didn’t talk to the mom or if he did, she didn’t break down as much as he had expected (aka tears). So how does this all relate to Dr. Jang? Here are my hunches:

1) He starts seeing her as a competent doctor because she really knows  the patient’s status and diligently updates the parents.

2) At the same time, he realizes that she listens to him—by how she mentions that she wasn’t being blunt this time. She could have dismissed that correction and carried on with her usual demeanor but no, she followed and heeded his advice, which shows how she respects him as a teacher.

3) One and two aren’t the main reasons why Jwon started to become concerned about her. He starts to care for her because all her actions saved him from all the negative emotions he would be feeling when he talks to the patients. We’ve seen him in Episode 1–how seeing the mom broke down almost tore him. But this time, the news doesn’t come from him first-hand; and even if he did talk to the parents, it wouldn’t be their first time hearing it. By talking to the parents, Dr. Jang kept Jeung-won from facing the parents and doing something that will cause all his walls from tumbling down. 

It’s way far from romantic, but I’d like to think Jwon’s perception of her is somewhere along the lines of “she’s not so bad”. I think he will have feelings for her just when she starts getting over her silly crush. This is really going to be torture. If they don’t end up together, it’s also fine. I really like their characters—individually, as well

• Like 6
  • Love 5

Song-hwa and Ik-jun. 

I am speechless. I had a hunch that Ik-jun might have liked her by the way he acted when the five of them met each other for the first time, but wow... The revelations this episode really blew me away. 

1. It showed that Song-hwa and Ik-jun met each other way back

2. Ik-jun did like her. He actually fell for a girl first (or at the same time she did), and he was cute about it.

I tried to group my thoughts together because I am just so happy! Ever since this aired and I saw how Ik-jun and Song-hwa interacted, along with how she cared for U-ju, I was silently rooting for them, as you may have seen in my previous posts, i was heartbroken when I found out Ik-jun was actually married and when Captain Ahn had a crush on her. But Pd and writer kept on dropping all these hints and now, we have Episode 6. I think the main loveline has been established, and it does justice their friendship and all my sadness from the other Reply series (as an avid shipper haha)

1. Depth of their friendship. This episode only goes to show how much Ik-jun treasures Seok-hyeong. The moment he knew that Seok-hyeong liked Song-hwa, he backed off—without even saying anything. The past few scenes before that showed how Ik-jun was actually saving his money because he found Seoul too expensive. His gift must have been quite pricey for his budget but because he treasured Seok-hyeong, he let it go. 

2. The 20-year romance in the making is all in the timing. By now, it’s more or less established that Ik-jun liked Song-hwa and if the past episodes were an indication, Song-hwa liked him too. They cluld have been together in the past, but timing wasn’t kind. The moment of supposed confession before. When Song-hwa got together with Dr. Jang the cheater. Ik-jun getting married and having cute U-ju. It makes us think that maybe, even if they liked each before, it wasn’t also the right time for them to be together. If Ik-jun went ahead and confesses, I doubt the five of them would still be close friends up to now. Their bond wouldn’t be this strong. He may have lost his chance with SH before, but he got four friends who got his back no matter what. And you know what, I have a feeling Seok-hyeong might have guessed, sometime in their 20-year friendship, that Ik-jun liked Song-hwa too. Who knows? Maybe the reason why he didn’t come out of the locker room in the first episode was because he didn’t want to look like a fool in front of her.

3. Best friend. I understand now why she thinks of IJun as her best friend. He knows her through and through. There is so much meaning in the scenes in episode 6. SHwa assures them that she’s okay but she’s actually scared. Still, she doesn’t make a big deal out of it and gets mad when the others insists on accompanying her. IJun was the only one who remained quiet in the dinner. But he goes to her and accompanies her, tells her he’ll cure her. This also parallels his scene with her in the previous episodes. How he tries to make her laugh or compliment her when he found out Dr. Jang cheated on her. Helping her fix her guitar set-up even when she didn’t ask for it. He knows her so well, knows when to push her and what to give. When she was working so late at night, he doesn’t give her coffee. Instead, he shuts off the lights because he knows she needs to rest. But in the morning, when she needs it, he gives her just that. He doesn’t give her those convenience store coffee. Instead, he gives a brewed coffee—at the proper time when she needed and wanted it. He doesn’t ask: he just does. That’s exactly what she needs. I can just imagine him swallowing his words about not enjoying nature and loving the city, just so he and U-ju can enjoy a quiet afternoon camping with SHwa hahaha

4. Future. This episode makes us think of all that could happen after. It’s no question that if they end up together, they’d make a cute family with U-ju. Episode 1 proves that. U-ju’s three uncles love him too. It’s a matter of what happens from here. After 20 years, I think their relationship runs deep. It’s no longer about the attraction; it’s more than that. They both have gone through failed relationships, and both have been hurt. This thing with her tumor is probably the wake-up call for IJun—both for his feelings and for the possibility. For a given amount of time, he’s placed in a situation where he might be losing that one person he never really had a closure with. At the same time, it made me think that maybe, he wasn’t so over his feelings either. Had he been, I think he would’ve casually said that he liked her back then—20 years a go and made a joke about it. But he didn’t. He left that part out. This event with SHwa’s almost breast cancer scare reminds IJun that he doesn’t have forever. They don’t have all the time in the world, so what’s he going to do about it then? Given his conversation with Captain Ahn and his reaction, I think he is slowly becoming aware of it.  I wonder how he must have felt when he saw SHwa wearing the hairtie he gave her years ago. 

I am looking forward to the time when IJun finally gets his chance to confess to SHwa. Unlike SHyeong, IJun never got his closure, never found out if she liked him or not. Their chemistry in this episode was just unbelievable. The actors are doing an incredible job because as the story unveils, all I could think of are the what ifs and what could have beens. Regardless, this episode establishes and lays the foundation of Ik-jun/Song-hwa. Clearly, Ik-jun sees Song-hwa differently from how others do. It’s all in his reaction—how he was so quiet while the others nagged her. He looks like he’s trying to convince himself it isn’t bad. Among the four, he’s the first one who tells her that of course, it isn’t bad and it won’t get worse.

The parking lot is a pretty special spot for them. I can’t wait for the episode where they’ll get out of the same car.

This made me realize what makes this so special. Reply 1988 and 1997 already had established ships in the future timeline so you just have to guess who ends up with who. But Hospital Playlist tells us that the story never really stops. Even if it seems like a rotten day today, it’s going to get better. Friendship comes before love. Sometimes, you can have both love and career—as long as you are surrounded by good people. Someday, the timing will be in your favor, and it’s going to be for the best. 

• Like 8
  • Love 10

I am so happy for Song Hwa that she doesn`t have cancer. Her friends were all worried for her but so sweet of Ik Jun to go with her that morning to get the result. I suspected that Song Hwa had a crush on Ik jun when they were in college but I did not know that Ik Jun reciprocated her feelings. He was a good friend to Seok-Hyeong and he did not continue to court Song Hwa. I hope they will try again in the present. They will be a good couple. I cheer for them.

Jun-Wan is adorable being in love. I am glad that he and Ik Sun decided to be a couple. I don`t know how Ik Jun will react when he will hear the news. But he will support them in the end.

Jeong-Won is slowly started to get close to Gyeo-Wool . He did not come to see her when she was sick but he worried and sent her a message. That`s a good step in the right direction. :D

Rosa and Ju Jong-Su are so funny. I hope to see more of them. The selfie scene was the funniest in this episode. :D

I like that Dr Min Ha take courage  to asked Seok-Hyeong who was that woman. I hope he will date Min Ha too.

This week episode was light. Even the cases were not tragic. I hope the problems will not come so soon.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Just got off from Episode 6 and gaaaahhh, it's just as good as the previous one as always. Not much focus on patients this episode but Jia's case was short but heartbreaking. Her case is going to be picked up the following week. Hopefully, everything will turn out right ㅠㅠ Anyhow, the acting of all the supporting actresses and actors who played as HP's patients have been so great and stark through out. ㅠㅠ When they cry, I usually do it with them ㅠㅠ

I guess, I'll start with Songhwa and her condition. With her personality, she did just live like she exactly did right after her check up. I love how they portray her as strong, sensible and independent. The whole process was a scare for her but I'm glad they fixated on that less than I expected. I've always known that some dynamics will switch up in her upcoming arc and hey, hers and Ikjun's did! Didn't see that coming ㅠㅠ Man, they're so cute and lovely. Both are loyal to friendship too. I've always known that Ikjun was in the run for Songhwa and I expected him to be her first love but didn't know that their feelings were mutual. You see, now that's a surprise (one that I pleasantly enjoyed). The recurred dialogue about him liking flowers at the beginning was so cute too. I love the build-up they made from Jang and Minha where she mentioned, if someone really likes you they'll come. Couple of seconds later, Ikjun is with Songhwa despite pulling an all-nighter and well having an invitation from an old flame the same morning (I internally squealed) and I melted when he said this,

93370789_217730629395908_2190027188852490240_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=kSTUq6RXpt0AX_722Ub&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_zor=9&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=7f10b1b721072e86efc79c9cb293a165&oe=5EBD5854

I loved how he was the one who made the least of fuss during Songhwa's reveal and ended up as the one coming. There was a hint of jealousy from him too when Seokhyung called. Heh. Can't wait to see how they're gonna develop their relationship from here on! They're my second go-to ship after Junwan x Songhwa but still I'm shipping cautiously ㅠㅠ It's best to keep my expectations open.

One of the Korean posts I read mentioned how integral coffee is for the character of Songhwa (she drinks it all the time and she has her own personal brewer at her office. heh). One detail they mentioned was how giving Songhwa coffee was a turning point for her possible partners which are these,

93621376_2497690497149502_5679309837607895040_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=cAPp0Z6emMcAX99xAFP&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl4-5.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=1e11667edc512d755c18483af02709d2&oe=5EBF29D5

93581488_2963858990393999_6839484897732591616_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=1dWpGQ_EhekAX-s2Vr_&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl4-6.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=9a47c62247ef5ccd003e6f730a818e62&oe=5EBDE3D6

93611595_2829947177083096_3694614980658724864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=b96e70&_nc_ohc=KqqxTZJUr9oAX9HHjCH&_nc_ht=scontent.fmnl4-5.fna&_nc_tp=7&oh=29fcd61ce0819bf9c12724fbe28676be&oe=5EBF2DD8

The coffee that Chihong gave to Songhwa was left untouched and the coffee she received from Ikjun was one that she whole-heartedly drank. This was actually a clue shared by a Jungwon x Songhwa shipper. Heh :sweatingbullets: It is indeed real but it just happened with Ikjun. :sweatingbullets:  This really brings Ikjun to a strong A game with Songhwa. It's almost a sealed deal to me. Plus, they are likely each other's first love (we know how it is with Lee and Shin with first loves). I hope they wouldn't run in circles because I agree with the others about how they're too old for that.

Honestly, there was a surge of Korean Jungwon and Songhwa shippers over the weekend. Some Korean viewers have started to pick up subtle details throughout the episodes. Most of them are color theorists (similar to my observation), they were fixated on the Blue/Pink patterns that kept on showing up for both but there were a lot of further references too, the snack (the Pepero, similar to what I read here), mafia game (they compared it with the current dynamics of the five), their nicknames Buddha x Ghost, their coffee preference (only Jungwon and Songhwa drink hot coffee in the middle of Summer plus their mugs) and they even had a theory about Mountains (I had a hard time understanding since it was a cultural reference), there were a couple of more amongst the ones I've mentioned but I kind of find it too reaching. So, I won't share. Lol. I also think Jungwon's pink run was just a harmless foreshadowing after all (nothing meant further than what it was).  Personally for me (after this episode), these extra details could be more than nothing rather than something (won't say this as absolute because well, Shin PD). I actually thought that if Jungwon were to be involved with Songhwa, he would have had to step up during her struggle with the possibility of cancer. I thought he would but he didn't, so I guess for now, they're a dead end. They're indeed just friends. Gotta say, the notion of them having no exclusive scenes even until now (btw, their phone calls are up to two) and no update from Songhwa's, alongside Jungwon's, character description tonight still irks me but that could be more of Shin deceiving everyone again. Lol

Anyhow, as for Junwan x Songhwa ㅠㅠ Can I just say that I love how Junwan was the most expressive during Songhwa's reveal and the morning she got her tests ㅠㅠㅠ I loved how he was the only one to offer to come with Songhwa too when they ate ㅠㅠㅠ But I think, it's more than clear than Junwan is just indeed Songhwa's best friend out of the five. ㅠㅠ Long live, JunSong ㅠㅠㅠ And, got to say, my heart's breaking for Captain Ahn. He's just really strong, Songhwa's rejection was really straight-forward to the point that she encourages Ikjun to call him Brother-In-Law despite knowing he has feelings for her. In a way, she could be really cold hearted :sweatingbullets: I love the small detail of Ikjun getting caught off guard (but brushed it off) when he noticed how Captain Ahn was too deep on expressing his admiration for Songhwa. Lol.

Resident Jang's progress with Jungwon is still frozen which makes me think, with Reply, they always set up one guy without a partner. It could be Jungwon's arc. Lol. But like I said, it's good to keep expectations open. I certainly hope we don't come to a point were Jungwon, Ikjun, Songhwa and Resident Jang will end up entangled with each other. They're slowly picking up the pace between Seokhyung and Minha too.

My favorite scene would still be Junwan and Ikjun's petty brawl. Man, it was epic, childish and golden. :D

Next week would be Junwan's struggle. I think he might get caught up with a bribery entanglement since his hobby is golf and lots of bribery happen in relation with the sport. Plus, his relationship with Iksun! I'm curious with Iksun's trauma too. I'm sure they'll touch that in the future.

Can't wait for next week!

• Like 10
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1

I know I shouldn't do the analysis right away :D  But after watching episode 6, I became a little bit more convinced that Song Hwa's first love was Jun Wan. Haha. Here's are my reasons:

1. Clues that are too obvious are most likely traps. I sense that Shin-PD intentionally wants us to believe that. Like he wanted us to believe that Song Hwa's first love was Ik Jun, and it turns out the other way around. So this is the inverse from our previous assumption.

2. The funeral scene in episode 2 shows the subtle dynamics within the group.

I don't know why I feel it says it all?

Ik Jun seemed to be the most concerned with how Song Hwa rejects Seok Hyung. Also, when director Ju Jong Su asked them, Ik Jun was the most surprised and immediately recognized with Director Ju's intentions: romance.

Qlidbnk.png

fyVVTBy.png

While Jun Wan looks like he's the one who has no clue at all. He also late in recognizing Director Ju's intention was romance. And he even asked Jeong won, "has there been any?". This is a type of character who doesn't realize someone is falling for him. Lol.

P9PgQx1.png

Shin-PD wanted us to believe that Jun Wan had a past crush to Song Hwa in the past (from earlier episodes). But if we adopt the previous pattern to inverse the relationship, it would be Song Hwa's past crush was Jun Wan. 

We don't know why Song Hwa never confessed her feelings. Maybe we will find out later. Like how we find out that Ik Sun had a trauma in the past. Or Ik Jun, who knews that Seok Hyung liked Song Hwa.

In episode 6, Song Hwa stares at Jun Wan and Ik Jun, who intended to leave the room. However, somehow I feel, she sees more at Jun Wan? Besides, all the apparent clues points to Ik Jun as Song Hwa's first love. With Shin-PD character, I think it's more like a trap.

Meanwhile, there is no evidence that Song Hwa's first love is not Jun Wan. With the flashback scene in the 99, when Song Hwa saw Ik Jun and Jun Wan leave the room, I think, Shin-PD wanted us to think that Jun Wan also needed to be considered in the future. So it's kinda a transition before further surprise.

And only if Jun Wan was Song Hwa's first love, their relationship will be more complicated (especially Jun Wan dated Ik Jun's sister). They would have ups and downs relationship, and their connection would be an intricate web. So that's one of the reasons to make it three seasons. 

iWI5WyR.png

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

Jo Jung Suk Expresses Surprise And Happiness Over Chart Success Of His “Hospital Playlist” OST

Apr 16, 2020
by J. K
9d770d2edf3f4294bc29843733f04703.jpeg?s=
Jo Jung Suk shared his amazement over how well his drama OST is doing on the charts!

The actor is currently starring in the tvN drama “Hospital Playlist,” and he also sang the show’s OST titled “Aloha.” The track quickly took No. 1 on music charts upon its release and it’s kept ranking high since then. 20 days after the song came out, “Aloha” grabbed No. 1 on Korea’s largest music platform, Melon.

More https://www.soompi.com/article/1394735wpp/jo-jung-suk-expresses-surprise-and-happiness-over-chart-success-of-his-hospital-playlist-ost

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Kaizen68 said:

I know I shouldn't do the analysis right away :D  But after watching episode 6, I became a little bit more convinced that Song Hwa's first love was Jun Wan. Haha. Here's are my reasons:

Very good analysis, this is why I believe that there will be a love triangle also between Song hwa,,  Jun Wan and Ik Jun , I do not know how, but I imagine that there will be events to come which will oblige Song Hwa to face a true love triangle, I know Iksun agreed to dating with Jun Wan but even, it's just my opinion
It is obvious that the writers prepare us for it, well I believe, I hope not to be mistaken.
Top to read the other analyzes too, it's very interesting:glasses:

• Like 4

@Kaizen68 Yes we are only at 6th ep so we will definitely have some more important revelations. Honestly as much as I shipped Song hwa with Jun wan during the first 2 eps, it will be too much of a heartbreak for everyone involved if Song hwa's first crush was Jun wan.  Narratively also it doesn't make sense to put song hwa and Jun wan together unnecessarily when he is happily dating Iksun now. It would be ok if she just jokes about having a crush on him back then when they are all together, and everyone is like oh yeah we know....otherwise it would be too awkward. I'm more than happy with all the lovelines now, Ik Jun and Song hwa, Jun wan and IK sun, Dr. Jang and Jeong won, Seok hyeong and Min ha. I don't want them to complicate things, but as you said, they wouldn't make it that simple and establish all the endgames by 6th ep. LOL. 

According to your theory, maybe something happened between Song hwa and Jun wan before Ik Jun came during that medical interview scene? Oh god please don't give me any hope like this. LOL.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

ok first as i became busier with work and realized it thursday..i immediately come this forum and i have to said i love the vote..why?? and i happy cause 1.admin make it all the possible love line even not among the four member 2. the reason why people like this drama and lot of them choose friendship rather then guessing  the partner or end game.(which is i think im ok if the female leads end up with outside the friendship or choose among the four guy..as long their friendship wont effect or became awkward) or the end game will make the band loss their persona..

now back to the topic i love this episode like always how their show each five member was so different yet able to get along so well..how jung hwan like golf,how jeong won like surfing,maraton,hiking etc,how seok hyeong just like to stay at homes and how song hwa love camping and how ik jun love everything but know his focus is u ju.

and i love how refreshing the writer wrote song hwa tell her member about the possible regarding her health to her friend and just seing how they act differently show their character but all the same things they care about her. They not seing her as friend nor as lover but as a family and part of their life.

but i dont blame the viewers if they had different perspective about either character or the possible couple..everyone seing things differently and there was no right or wrong.Let have fun from the drama

i dont need to mention cause i see lots of you mention how sweet the way ik jun reaction in song hwa problem..he always there not to give solution but just be there for her..

i want to share my opinion about his ex wife,jung hwan said he marry his ex wife cause she chase him(maybe a reason why he so love supportive about geul wool crush as she remind of his wife). means he someone who give it all, we cant said he not love his wife enough he care about her alots that why he said he want to follow her but she refuse (maybe he wife senses he wont be happier without his friends and make a choice without discuss  and for someoene like ik jun who seemed so happy go lucky he actually more sensitive) so when the wife put boundaries between her and her husband and his friend she slowly tired of the relationship cause she know no matter what she cant win with the friend circle(it like family without tides) and thats brooke their relationship...

so i wonder how the writer want to wrote about their partner of the member. 

even jung hwan and ik sun were an items will she get jealous regarding how jung hwan treat song hwan (cause no matter what he know song hwa better rather that what his partner like or dislike- which is also my point of view regarding why ik jun why asking for divorce or she said she tired of the relationship)

so whoever the partner will the able to accept the friend circle who when the meet and talk make you felt you not belong with them(or does she/he cares more about his/her friend compare to their love) 

since the drama had few season i hope the writer wont focus to much who end up with who but rather show if song hwa choose among the friend will it effect the friendship how it will change and if song hwa choose someone outside the group how the reaction toward the other four boy..and if jeong won end up with geol wool how geol wool get along with member or will she became like ik jun ex wife unable to enter the group feel jealous but cant show and end up getting tired of it...cause it will be much appreciate of the series.

p.s: it just cross my mind when i wrote this if jeong won really fall in love with geol wool i believe his mom will treasure her and if she became mother in law im sure with open hand rather make her daughter in laws do the job she will ask her friend aka president of the hospital (it will be epic moments)

• Like 6

Have you see this, @Kaizen68?

Jeon Mi Do's acting is brilliant. If Ik Jun wasn't the one she liked before then she wouldn't have that expression. It was just the two of them here. :blink:

I'm not crossing out the possibility but they didn't even think twice in linking Jun Wan to Ik Sun. She's not just any other girl. She's Ik Jun's sister. What they have isn't just a happy crush. Jun Wan really wanted to date Ik Sun. (They're dating now.) This pairing isn't like Sun Woo-Deok Sun that you can easily brush off. The PD's also enjoying the comedy in secrecy. :)

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, ibelieveee said:

Jeon Mi Do's acting is brilliant. If Ik Jun wasn't the one she liked before then she wouldn't have that expression. It was just the two of them here. :blink:

Yes, Jeon Mi Do is a great actress. It might sound strange, but precisely because the camera is too often highlighting Song Hwa, who blushes and admires Ik Jun, on the contrary, I started to doubt her first love was Ik Jun. Maybe right, maybe wrong. Because again, the writer is always one step ahead and we still left with so many possibilities. 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, ibelieveee said:

I'm not crossing out the possibility but they didn't even think twice in linking Jun Wan to Ik Sun. She's not just any other girl. She's Ik Jun's sister. What they have isn't just a happy crush. Jun Wan really wanted to date Ik Sun. (They're dating now.) This pairing isn't like Sun Woo-Deok Sun that you can easily brush off. The PD's also enjoying the comedy in secrecy. :)

I agree. Jun wan and IK sun are pretty much a done deal. He wouldn't mess with his friend's sister. But whoever song hwa had a crush on doesn't necessarily mean she will end up with them. It might just be a one sided crush on her part. Ofcourse Ik Jun and Song hwa having crush on each other is the pathway of least resistance, everyone can be happy. But this writer won't end a drama without giving us atleast one heartbreak so that we will remember it for many years. Well maybe it will just be Captain Ahn here, who knows. LOL. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

That was a beautiful, delightful and hilarious episode. It has got to be the funniest episode yet. I don't remember laughing this much in previous episodes. 

What I saw played out in Episode 6 was a glorious friendship that transcends missed opportunities, crushes, romance, rejection and the passage of time. It's a timely reminder to all of us with all our pairing preferences that the key thing in all of this is the friendship among the Fab Five. It needs to be said over and over... friendship is love too. For me those flashbacks aren't important for what they tell us about who liked whom but for the fact that it didn't matter. What those 3 people in that "triangle" cared about was the bigger picture of their friendship which they put ahead of their own interests. That needs to be celebrated. It's so enviable. And it gives me hope that this friendship can weather many other storms to come.

The pivotal moment had to be when Song-hwa told the guys about her biopsy at the Chinese restaurant. What is not to love about it? It's funny and witty and these five people act like family. It's like watching a sister telling her brothers to behave and back-off. I suppose this is why in part I don't care for intra-Fab Five romance because I love what these people have already. It's precious and it's stood the test of time. While everyone can have their romance, this kind of 20-year old friendship is possibly far rarer still.

Another lovely friendship  that was showcased is that between Gyeo-Ul and Min-ha. The put downs about MH's obsession with her looks are always fun. Dr Maggot is so unexpectedly wry in her humour. But more than that, this is a relationship that makes me think better of both. The big joke of course is how opposite they both are in personality but yet they've found a way to gel. On the other hand it could be the fact that they're not in competition with each other which helps. They have different tastes in almost everything including men. :D The reality check that MH gave GU was good. "If he liked you, he would be here." It tampered her enthusiasm.

But for me, it was an incremental step considering where they were at the start of the drama. He didn't even like her to begin with and now he's sending a "get well soon" text. I call that an improvement. After all, they do work together a lot. I'm not discouraged in the least bit. ;) I can handle "slow". 

On that note, I am still really curious as to why she's so beloved by the GS department. So far I've been speculating but I would like to hear it from the horse's mouth.

Heh. When Rosa went to the underground car park and Jong Su pointed the remote around, I was thinking, "Didn't you come in a taxi?" So funny. Those two are so adorable in how they inject levity to this show. I love their friendship too. I love how they can laugh at themselves and each other. I don't know if there's more planned for them but their friendship of 65 plus years is gorgeous.

I'm not sure if JKH has discovered the fountain of youth, but he looked younger in this episode than he did in Falling for Innocence or Missing 9. I think he's even better looking now than he was in Heartless City. If that's even possible. Maybe it's because he was deliriously happy. He was glowing the whole time. Ik-sun didn't reject him outright but she needed time to think through things. Seems like they both have a bit of baggage coming into this newfound dating relationship. That said, I'm happy for both. For JW especially to get what he wants. I hope this one lasts longer than 3 months and leads to a walk down the aisle because JW has been looking for his holy grail for a long time. He is good at what he does professionally but he has never been successful with women for one reason or another. Besides, he is almost 40. 

I really like Capt Ahn so much. I want to stuff him and frame him. And bottle his blood. I love everything about him. The slow and patient way he talks. The lack of ego. The kindly, gentlemanly disposition. The quiet confidence. Sigh... I totally understand why Ik-jun approves. But his heart is somewhere else. Any woman would be blessed to have him as a life partner.

I worry about Jae-hak though... all this talk of rental scams and money. Last week I was worried that his wife was going to run with the money. This week I'm really worried that his landlord is going to pull a fast one on him. 

A fantastic episode... love this show to death. Can't wait for the next one!

• Like 7
  • Love 7

58 minutes ago, kokodus said:

How can a scrunchie last for 20 years? Mine doesn't even last for a few months. LOL. 

You don’t wear it but keep it safe in a nice box and only take it out to use on special occasions ;) 

But anyway, it was not the same scrunchie :lol:

• LOL 6