[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

23 minutes ago, LOWlie said:

can someone comment on the significance of the yo-yo boy as a grown -up member of the bully gang who beat up Shin-Jae? why was he there?

The yo-yo was there to link JTE with SJ and sort of his plan of setting things up so that he can be whole again

28 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

wow, fresh perspective. i enjoyed that, thank you for sharing. 

Lady noh: she retained her memories but why? Was it implied that she remembered? I don't see any indication of this. 

BIG/small yoyo: i didn't quite agree with the blogger about big /small yoyo being 2 different entities if you will. Fate vs flute. i felt like alot of what she wrote was kinda what she interpreted but wasn't implied in the show. 

That said i think we should do a "spot the Big yoyo man" from various scenes when we do our rewatch run :D

I disagree with lady nuh retaining her memories i think its the writter implying that but other then that it was great analysis and on what other parts do you disagree with the writer aside from lady nuh? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

The yo-yo was there to link JTE with SJ and sort of his plan of setting things up so that he can be whole again

I disagree with lady nuh retaining her memories i think its the writter implying that but other then that it was great analysis and on what other parts do you disagree with the writer aside from lady nuh? 

only the part on lady noh and that big and small yoyo explanation. The rest of it i agreed it was great analysis.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joanna Alfson said:

What? They come back the same day just one minute later? Spending a year inside the inbetween? None of that was shown in the show even tho they can do that

They don't spend a year in the in-between worlds.
For example, they visit Venice for six months in 1876.
Followed six months in Miami in 1982.

16 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

only the part on lady noh and that big and small yoyo explanation. The rest of it i agreed it was great analysis.

If the writer implied fate and flute being two different entities then i agree. There is no fate but only flute

The flute wants to be whole again and the bully was the flute not fate

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

You mean as travelling to visit six months and then travel back to the same day? They will grow old in this way and counter productive if they are not inside the inbetween 

34 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

Technically it could work but they would grow old as @Joanna Alfson mentioned and imagine if they did that every week she would turn up at work one day being 60 years old and her collegues would be like what the hell just happened

6 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Technically it could work but they would grow old as @Joanna Alfson mentioned and imagine if they did that every week she would turn up at work one day being 60 years old and her collegues would be like what the hell just happened

That would be strange if it were to occur like that just imagine turning up an being extremely old because your body just ran into old age due to spending alot of years in the past and then you come back to the future old. Surreal but it can happen. example if they overstay in the 50s like 20 years their bodies will run into old age 

5 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

It's not clear if the whole flute give immortality to owner.

Or even if it's owner and people with him.

1 minute ago, wenchanteur said:

It's not clear if the whole flute give immortality to owner.

Or even if it's owner and people with him.

I assume that immortality only comes via the inbetween but what LGxJTE were doing was going on vacation like 1 week or perhaps 1 month max etc etc. They could remain and overnight in the inbetween if need be but I don't think they ever needed that option 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I assume that immortality only comes via the inbetween but what LGxJTE were doing was going on vacation like 1 week or perhaps 1 month max etc etc. They could remain and overnight in the inbetween if need be but I don't think they ever needed that option 

We will never know.....................  :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Overstaying in the inbetween is not exactly immortality but time goes much slower. 

The flute owner can gain immortality but its an option example LGs grandfather was a regular user of the flute and he died eventually maybe because he never wanted immortality 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Overstaying in the inbetween is not exactly immortality but time goes much slower. 

The flute owner can gain immortality but its an option example LGs grandfather was a regular user of the flute and he died eventually maybe because he never wanted immortality 

True it was something like 4 months is equal to 26 years 

On 6/14/2020 at 10:22 PM, AgentQuake said:

It’s been 3 days without PPL in my life - what should I doooo?

I will never get over how LMH couldn’t even mask his dislike for the nasty coffee. 

I do want the Iron Man mask though, sigh.

Where did LMH show his dislike for the nasty coffee?  Which episode?  I did not catch that. :D

On 6/14/2020 at 10:23 PM, Wanderer062287 said:

During the day of LG's coronation Se-Jin was already there right? She was already probably around 3-4 years old. So that means even if her father was killed by JY at the night of the treason, she would still exist in our altered timeline because she had already been born.

Yayy so theories on LG abdicating the throne to SeJin and SeJin still letting them use the flute even if she is already queen is still possible :wub:

On 6/14/2020 at 10:31 PM, AgentQuake said:

This is really reaching but if it’s been 25 years, and Sejin is a doctor in 2020 (she IS a doctor, right?) then she would have to have been born already in 1994 or she would still be in school.

Musta been a teen pregnancy.  Royal Family of Corea is dripping with scandal, including whatever is happening in the security room. 

Yes, some of you have already commented. When I watched Episode 1 again, I did see Se Jin and the father, LG's cousin. LOL! They had the older actor shown as the cousin during the coronation but showed a younger person as the cousin in the final episodes. Did they mess up, the director forgot or they could not get the actor so they had to replace him???  A completely different actor. How could they be so careless?  The younger actor looked really young to be already married with a 4 year old child. That is why I thought Se Jin may not have been born. So she is around to take over from LG. They did not even mention how Prince Buyeong died in the new universe without LR.

• Like 1