[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

2 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

Example in this situation we are talking about a relationship with longevity so it eliminates the possibility of this remaining a weekend relationship by default forever there's gotta be a moment where they will settle down and tie the knot

Thats exactly what i was attempting to explain but there is possibility it remains weekend but its much smaller because how can anyone continue on that way is the question 

6 minutes ago, Flloy House said:

I agree with you and all we know is that they ended together and grow old together but assuming they will remain weekend couple for so long is not logical to me and thats just how I see it 

No, it's logical.

Saturday 10:00 a.m., they're going away for the weekend.

They spend one year like that elsewhere.

Saturday 10:01 a.m., they come back from the weekend.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goong_admirer said:

@Narine Joa @Joanna Alfson @SCSfanz I'm still under the impression that Prince Buyeong is alive in the reset timeline. Only that we don't see him. I believe that LG is unable to bring JTE to see his uncle in the reset timeline because Luna is there, and that would complicate the situation. So bringing her in the year 2000, would be safe because they're still young and not resemble their current face.

JTE was still in the CCTV room and in his palace so she crossed over few times after the reset timeline. The king seemed as if he was mourning over Prince Buyeong because I believe he died otherwise he wouldn't have travelled back to see him and get nostalgic

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

JTE was still in the CCTV room and in his palace so she crossed over few times after the reset timeline. The king seemed as if he was mourning over Prince Buyeong because I believe he died otherwise he wouldn't have travelled back to see him and get nostalgic

Yeah kinda make sense. I was wondering too how come he had to bring JTE back to 2000 just to see the uncle...i thought maybe he was afraid of the complications if he intro JTE to the uncle during present time...

4 minutes ago, yonhap said:

Yeah kinda make sense. I was wondering too how come he had to bring JTE back to 2000 just to see the uncle...i thought maybe he was afraid of the complications if he intro JTE to the uncle during present time...

Yes. She has crossed after the time reset i am assuming that the old prince died a natural death this time 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

No, it's logical.

Saturday 10:00 a.m., they're going away for the weekend.

They spend one year like that elsewhere.

Saturday 10:01 a.m., they come back from the weekend.

What? They come back the same day just one minute later? Spending a year inside the inbetween? None of that was shown in the show even tho they can do that

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, yonhap said:

The uncle is not alive in the present time after the reset timeline. I don't know how he died or whether they showed his death but his no more in the present time 

53 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

But why can't we assume that they will settle during the 70-80 years they will spend together instead of assuming everything remains weekend? 

I would suggest reading this post https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2020/06/16/the-king-ep-16-the-happy-ending/

I trust you will enjoy reading the bloggers sharp wit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Orientalfan said:

I would suggest reading this post https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2020/06/16/the-king-ep-16-the-happy-ending/

I trust you will enjoy reading the bloggers sharp wit

wow, fresh perspective. i enjoyed that, thank you for sharing. 

Lady noh: she retained her memories but why? Was it implied that she remembered? I don't see any indication of this. 

BIG/small yoyo: i didn't quite agree with the blogger about big /small yoyo being 2 different entities if you will. Fate vs flute. i felt like alot of what she wrote was kinda what she interpreted but wasn't implied in the show. 

That said i think we should do a "spot the Big yoyo man" from various scenes when we do our rewatch run :D

• Like 3

Chapter 2

Lee Gon stood at the long corridor by the pond. He gazed up at the dark sky twinkling with stars in deep thoughts.  

Jo Yeong walked up to Lee Gon with a plastic folder in his hand. "Pheya, this is the information which you wanted," he said in his low and unemotional tone as he handed the plastic folder to Lee Gon.

Lee Gon flipped the plastic folder open and read the contents. There was a photo of a woman who looked exactly like Jeong Tae Eul on the top left of the page. "Koo Seo Gyeong? She has a new name and she is now a police detective instead of a thief? I guess her fate changed. Brilliant!," he thought pleasingly, flashing a smile across his face.

Jo Yeong noticed the devious smile on Lee Gon's face. He instantly knew that the king was up to something no good. "Pheya,  you are not planning to switch her identity with Jeong Tae Eul are you?" he asked with a worried countenance. 

Lee Gon closed the plastic folder and held it behind his back. He leaned close toward Jo Yeong, looked him in the eye sternly. "Yeong-ah, you are truly the worm in my stomach. If I ever retire would you still follow me wherever I go?" he asked in a cheeky tone of voice.

Feeling awkward, Jo Yeong leaned backward to keep the distance between himself and Lee Gon. "Pheya, we have to stop being like this..." he said with a sigh, as he took a quick glance at the area to ensure no one else was around.

"Captain Jo, is there a problem? " Lee Gon asked tenderly, giving Jo Yeong goosebumps.

"If Seung-ah see us like this she may think that there is something between us," Jo Yeong blurted out unintentionally.

Lee Gon pulled away from Jo Yeong. He looked at Jo Yeong with amusement. "So the melodrama between you and Seung-ah is true. I was telling Tae Eul that you guys were probably just close colleagues," he sighed, pretending to look disappointed.   

Jo Yeong raised his eyebrows  in surprise. "Jeong Tae Eul knows about this too?" he asked worriedly. 

Lee Gon nodded. "You can't deceive the eyes of a detective. And I thought you would never hide any secrets from me. Yeong-ah, I am sad and disappointed," he said, looking at him disappointingly.

Jo Yeong stared at Lee Gon blankly, unable to find words to respond to his king. 

Upon seeing Jo Yeong's shocked look at this revelation, Lee Gon burst out laughing. "I was only joking with you," he said. He patted Jo Yeong's shoulder, and continued, "Finally the rumors in the palace that we are lovers  comes to an end."

Jo Yeong's countenance turned concerned. "What about you pheya? Everyone is looking forward to you continuing the royal bloodline," he murmured. 

Lee Gon looked toward the pond with a smile. "I have Tae Eul." Recalling that could not Jo Yeong accept his relationship with Jeong Tae Eul, he turned his gaze at Jo Yeong. "Yeong-ah, I have decided that I will marry her at all cost, even if I have to relinquish my position as the king," he said with affirmation.

Jo Yeong gave Lee Gon a disapproving look. "Pheya, you must reconsider your decision. We cannot allow the nation to go without a ruler. Give me the order and I will proceed to switch her identity with Koo Seo Gyeong ," he responded as he bowed at Lee Gon.    

Lee Gon shook his head. "Do not do anything yet. I am sure Tae Eul would never want us to disrupt Koo Seo Gyeong's life. I will think of a solution over the next few days. Do a thorough background check on Koo Seo Gyeong, I want to know who are her family members now. There must be no disruption between the two worlds" he instructed with a commanding tone of voice. 

Jo Yeong bowed. 

"Now back to Seung-ah, when are you guys going to tie the not? Eun Sup and Na Ri are already married," Lee Gon asked with a grin. 

"Pheya, I have some other urgent matters to attend to," Jo Yeong said, ignoring Lee Gon's question. Giving Lee Gon another bow, he turned around and walked away hurriedly.

"Hey, Yeong-ah you have never kept any secrets from me remember? I will help you organize a grand wedding and bring Eun Sup over to attend the ceremony!" he said out loud teasing Jo Yeong with joy.

Walking toward the passage way, Jo Yeong shook his head in agitation, reminding himself that it would be treason to strangle his king.

"Koo Seo Gyeong and Kang Hyeon min are stationed at the same work place, how interesting. Looks god has planned for him to be with someone who resembles Tae Eul, although I am certain that their personalities would differ. There can only be one Jeong Tae Eul in this whole universe," Lee Gon muttered as he glanced through the pages attached to the plastic folder.

All of a sudden , a thought came to his mind. "Long lost twin sisters...re encountering in the Kingdom of Korea..." he murmured, as he smiled happily. "Alternate plan would be that I handover the throne to Sejin."

Pleased with his plans, Lee Gon walked along the corridor headed toward his study room. "I will decide which plan to execute once Yeong come back to me on Koo Seo Gyeong's background," he thought with a grin. 

https://www.wattpad.com/904770819-the-king-eternal-monarch-chapter-2

• Like 3