[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

I woke up in the middle of the night feeling extremely sad. The way he came to her, broken, with flowers in his hands, the way he expressed his love for her as though it would be his first and last chance and the way he disappeared and left her crying hysterically makes my heart ache. 

9 hours ago, SweetButters said:

I don't know if he would let her know, you know? I mean lets not forget the whole getting that restaurant owner/LR follower and locking him up in that place LG had rented from Nari. Then LG didn't tell her about the whole SJ and JY fight or the whole gangster mob guy thing. Essentially LG wants to protect her and not cause her any more burdens. I mean essentially he kinda said it all with that final/goodbye kiss for a while after all in that episode they kiss which communicated there are a lot of things they want to say, but dont know how to say it all. Sometimes actions speak louder than spoken words.

Maybe he wouldn’t have told her directly but he probably would have told her he’ll be going away longer than usual to take care of business. And I totally understand the kiss was a goodbye kiss but to leave her in the middle of the kiss is a bit much. She literally opened her eyes and he was gone. If it turns out they decided to break our hearts only because LG is leaving for a couple of weeks and he will be back but decided he couldn’t spare even another minute to help ease JTE’s heart, I’m going to have a serious talk with writer Kim!

Also, I’m really liking the idea of that LG being from the future. It makes this scene so much more meaningful and heart wrenching. It’s as though he came from far away to meet his lover and they’d been separated for a long, long time. She possibly doesn’t even exist in his present anymore. It’s like having a last chance to speak to a loved one who’s passed. That’s what makes this scene so special and heart breaking. I’m going to be extremely disappointed if it turns out this LG is the one who’s currently mourning Prince Jong In’s death. To leave in the middle of a kiss is unacceptable! To not seek JY is irresponsible! I’ll have to have a serious talk with writer Kim!

5 hours ago, OR Ng said:

Trust me 

even if Lee Gon was wearing a hanbok or even a t-shirt with big text in front "im getting married", there will never be a wedding  if the bride is not Tae Eul

because... the writer is Kim Eunsook (and that's a guarantee)

if a hero in her drama happened/accidentally to marry/ engage with someone else not the main girl, well, you can be sure it was before he met the love of his life

once she appears, she gonna be the only one under-any-circumstances

men in Kim Eunsook's drama never put on a show romance with other girls no-matter-what 

100!

If writer Kim wants to ruin the perfect image of LG as a lover and actually make him one of the most hated characters, she will marry him off to PM. 

But she won’t! 

The only wedding happening in this drama is between LG and JTE. 

With all the talk about marriage around LG, I have a feeling we will get one. Prince Jong In’s death is a threat to the royal family. And in times like this, what can possibly ease the people’s state of mind? An heir. Why would JTE agree to marry him? To protect him. Will she live with him permanently and leave Korea? This is where my doubt is. But you can be sure if we get a wedding before the end, things will not go well. If she marries him soon, I believe she will still die. Because what will make the love story even more heart wrenching? A hero traveling to the beginning and end of time in search for a way to save his queen. “Wife” just makes their relationship way more intimate and a parting before they can actually live as a couple will rip everyone’s heart out. And now I’m just writing my own fanfic :lol:. All this is nonsense talk but I am a firm believer that if there is a marriage, the only way possible is between LG and JTE.

p.s. this thread moves so fast, I can’t keep up anymore. Lol. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1

I need to put a lot of effort to watch and digest this drama. Wah.............the mystery began from episode 1 until episode 10. I got confused in watching this drama, especially when the same people plays two roles in two different world. OMG. !!!. But, thanks to you guys for explaining and sharing the clues of this drama.

Somehow, i still have questions about Luna, Yo Yo boy and the man who saved young LG. Someone said Yo Yo is a deity, i do agree, it makes sense to me. The conversation between Yo Yo boy and LR reveals that he is not a normal 8 years old kid who can judge what is right and wrong. I remembered the beginning of episode 1 during the interrogation, LR did mention that someone gives the flute to King Sinmun. Could that be the Yo Yo boy who give it to King Sinmun?

About Luna and the man who saved young LG, i totally can't link it to anyone who present in these two different world.  I have a crazy thinking, perhaps Luna belongs the ROC because she totally forget who she is, name and she seems like no place to go. JTE belongs ROC since she is adopted daughter to Jung Do-in. (correct me if I'm wrong). Then, JTE is ROC citizen, she has no reason to refuse LG staying in ROC....hahahaha..Only my thought.        

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 4

58 minutes ago, Guine said:

Hello, I believe she is. Luna doesn't have a proper identity, she borrowed her name from a cat, she's close to kids , she has a soft heart but strong willed. What is endearing  is she likes to collect 100,000 won which has the face of LG. The only bill she has recollection from KOC . 

Oof that does make sense! Thanks :)

Hmm I think it'll be interesting to know how she went down this path of thievery then if that's the case :o

Sorry just one more question, so in the preview do you think that's the present day JTE going through that ordeal or do you think it's a recollection of a past timeline (by Luna(??)) 

This drama really gets better and better each week, though its been phenomenal from the start! 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I like the seed flowers are finally sprouting, I think it's a good sign (See at 01.09.10). It's cute how LG orders them to sprout and telling them it's king order. And fates must play its role as those flowers are part of MOC, they must obey their king as well. So lovely! 

I guess that straight path, the one without air, rain or anything, when someone in that place time stops and they're not aging. It could be another shortcut to ROK. LG might do some experiments by going back and forth whenever the time stops. That's why he appears while he got that chance and suddenly disappears before TE's eyes. He will find a way to win this fight and I can't wait to see how they reveal it later. Do you guys notice something? Yes still about the balloons, I thought there was only one last time but now there are many and why would ES bring one with him to MOC. I wonder where he got it. That scene quite odd for me, did i miss something here? I need you guys to enlighten me. Hahaha.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Keikokoko said:

Luna does not strike me as someone who will take order from anyone. She has no fear and nothing to lose, not even her own life. I still think Luna is leftover JTE from one of time loops. The preview JTE wandering alone desperately wanting to get to palace to find LG in epi 11 further confirmed me the possibility of it.  

I do think it's possible that Luna may come to hold the half of Mapasikjeok and give it to LG before she dies. 

I think the same with you. But there was one scene that leaked in SNS, JTE was saved by Lee Gon when that happened.

But I still think Luna is JTE because Luna in episode 10 turned out to be a cat name (which means she doesn't have an identity at Corea) and she also has a disease that might be the same as JTE's mother.
But it will be very sad if this theory is true because the drama will definitely be sad ending.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

3 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

That would give PM more ammunition. IF this information develops into a substantial twist in the story, how she will use this will define her arc. Will she side with LR or LG?

Whadyya guys think?

she is going the LR way. Even if she stays on LG's side (which she wont after that phonecall! -- she thinks he is dishonest), she will be dangerous because what she wants he will never give. 

I am wondering how the pregnant lady swap- Japan/Korea show down- this husband+white haired guy in Pm's office will contribute to a political plot.

Worst case scenario: LG will be become a King without a Kingdom, on the run? We actually dont know of any great supporters of the King in Corea other than granny, JY, the naval guy and his secretary. The king needs to micro-manage and how will he oust the doppelgangers? I am anxious with regard to his/his empire's survival. JTE right now to me sounds like a big complication to his already complex existence. I just hope there is no civil war (sorry, my brain can only think of gloom-doom scenarios which are making me laugh! But @Heretorant I totally get you. I was uneasy too.)

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

JTE belongs ROC since she is adopted daughter to Jung Do-in. (correct me if I'm wrong). T

When was The Adopted Scenario Mentioned?

The Most confusing and missing point is that How many times Has the KING experimented to Search INSIDE the Passage. 

>>>Presence of 1 balloon which the King himself placed before episode 5 is now in multiple.

He does mentione He has spent time there but How many balloon pointers has he marked Or are the placement of Balloons due to his Multiple Time Travel attempts Is not Cleared uptil Now.

>>>He wanted to get hold of LR when he saw him in laptop then ran away to the passage, Alright!!But Did he seriously take the ROK money with him to call JTE? He had that much time in hand or again this was not the Linear Timeline we were watching...meaning THE FIRST Attempt to Search for LR instead it was the nth attempt??Then he actually took the money but Met JTE there itself that's why He also was CRYING. 

Episode 11-12 to the Go!!

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Wis dom said:

Spoiler

Accessed as many Libraries I could Here is The King: Eternal Monarch's today's rankings May 17th 2020.. 

1. Hong Kong

1. Singapore

1. Malaysia

1. Philppines

1. Vietnam

1. Thailand

1. Taiwan

2. Bangladesh

2. South Korea

2. Sri Lanka

5. India

5. Peru

5. Japan

7. Bulgaria

8. Boliva

10. Dominican Republic

10. Chile

There are few other libraries where it sits high but I couldn't access these libraries so far but will update once I do.  Ranked number 9th today WW. I feel like it was always destined for good. I remember hours before it aired it was trending worldwide #2 both in Twitter and Weibo. It took off early which gave it a good head-start and kept steady since normalizing it's viewer base every weekend 

Thanks, I was looking at Flixpatrol, Extinction, Money Heist had the number of viewers shown but not King. Curious to find what the total viewership is for King.

Does your rankings include other platforms or is it only Netflix? Anyone has information about Wavve, how would they watch King on Wavve?  It is just a social platform from what I can find and not a streaming video platform. Is Wavve Korean or Chinese?  I saw something about Wavve and TikTok, seems they are connected and is a Chinese company. I am kind of confused about this, and wonder who knows? Seems King is #1 on Wavve. You mentioned Weibo for China. Where would they watch King?  Illegal sites?  Any way of tracking # of Chinese watching King?   Pity there is a loss of earnings from the Chinese market. After several years, wonder if it is still huge for LMH or it has died down after several years of Hallyu ban?  You mentioned Twitter? How is it trending in Twitter now?  You mentioned trending #2 worldwide before it aired,  so it was the 2nd most popular twit then in the world?  I am not great at Twitter  knowledge, I thought Twitter  feed was mostly used in the US, not the world and King is not trending in the US at all. LOL to my disappointment. While Heirs is trending in the US though. Do you have VPN to access all the libraries?  Hope you can research more. I am very interested. If you can tag me when you put out stuff?  Thanks!

Anyone with info?  @gtLmh0622

On King, ES was just released from military service, note he was public services not a soldier (just like LMH, LOL :D), that means he has a disability that exempts in from being a soldier. Anyone knows the reason? Just thought it was funny.

• Like 7

Ahh I am really happy today bacause of LMH update :wub:

PCeg.gif

27 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Thanks, I was looking at Flixpatrol, Extinction, Money Heist had the number of viewers shown but not King. Curious to find what the total viewership is for King.

Does your rankings include other platforms or is it only Netflix? Anyone has information about Wavve, how would they watch King on Wavve?  It is just a social platform from what I can find and not a streaming video platform. Is Wavve Korean or Chinese?  I saw something about Wavve and TikTok, seems they are connected and is a Chinese company. I am kind of confused about this, and wonder who knows? Seems King is #1 on Wavve. You mentioned Weibo for China. Where would they watch King?  Illegal sites?  Any way of tracking # of Chinese watching King?   Pity there is a loss of earnings from the Chinese market. After several years, wonder if it is still huge for LMH or it has died down after several years of Hallyu ban?  You mentioned Twitter? How is it trending in Twitter now?  You mentioned trending #2 worldwide before it aired,  so it was the 2nd most popular twit then in the world?  I am not great at Twitter  knowledge, I thought Twitter  feed was mostly used in the US, not the world and King is not trending in the US at all. LOL to my disappointment. While Heirs is trending in the US though. Do you have VPN to access all the libraries?  Hope you can research more. I am very interested. If you can tag me when you put out stuff?  Thanks!

https://www.koreatechtoday.com/wavve-online-service-of-sk-mbc-kbs-and-sbs-to-launch-soon/

https://variety.com/2020/digital/asia/universal-korean-content-from-wavve-ott-1234579346/

Wavve has almost 15M subsicribers (this is last year august news) and Korean platform

You can't find number of viewrs on video platforms

They are so cute

• Like 12
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

50298b57339b42b3a6aab6f9ba5ba731.jpeg?s=

Lee Min Ho Thanks Lee Jung Jae For Show Of Support For “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Lee Min Ho has shared his gratitude to Lee Jung Jae for a thoughtful gift!

On May 17, Lee Min Ho shared photos to his Instagram account. The photo shows him standing in front of a coffee truck, with the banners reading, “A regal face, hurrah to Emperor Lee Gon of the Korean empire,” and “To all the cast and crew, please have a refreshing drink and be strong! From actor Lee Jung Jae.”

The coffee track was sent by Lee Jung Jae to the set of SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” to show his support for Lee Min Ho. The pair have maintained a close friendship since they met through the film “Gangnam Blues,” which Lee Min Ho starred in and Lee Jung Jae was a close friend of the director.

Lee Min Ho currently stars in “The King: Eternal Monarch” alongside Kim Go Eun, telling the story of two people who live in parallel universes as they try to work together to save everyone.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1400898wpp/lee-min-ho-thanks-lee-jung-jae-for-show-of-support-for-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 13
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, Guine said:

Hello, I believe she is. Luna doesn't have a proper identity, she borrowed her name from a cat, she's close to kids , she has a soft heart but strong willed. What is endearing  is she likes to collect 100,000 won which has the face of LG. The only bill she has recollection from KOC . 

But could it be the notes that has LG's face on it is because it is 100,000 won?

Maybe other notes is of lesser value? :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Oh wait what if ep 11 sequence is basically what Luna in the past (assuming Luna in the past = JTE now) went through, and in that failed timeline she got trapped in Corea and that's how she became Luna now? 

While in the actual ep 11 history is altered slightly whereby the current JTE doesn't get trapped in Corea at the end? Hmm

• Like 1
  • Insightful 9

Hi people , I have idea , and I hope u can participated in 

I wanna created a tag for the king theory in tweeter , this is for all person viewers who can shear their theory in the king story ,so if u are interested pls be with me in tweeter at #thekingtheory 

We can show all people the real power of this drama to make people thinking and enjoining at the seem time .hope u can help me ,so please be many and put your theory .thank u :thumbsup:

• Like 5

I have a theory on the next episode

Spoiler

If everyone saying that JTE  and Luna(Future) are the same person is true then this is my theory in the next episode

What if LR approaches Luna then Luna will start remembering and the flashback is the one in the preview JTE said in that preview that she is going to palace. I think that's where she will lose her memories also the preview and the 2022 video LG saw JTE have the same hair there maybe that preview happened in 2022

Edited by Aco
  • Like 7
  • Awesome 1

I couldn't find it anymore, but could anyone link me to that spoiler post 

Spoiler

where an IG account posted photos of wedding gifts wrapped in pink and tagged the show's name?  

I really want to see it again after how sad the last episode was.  I need hope hahaha.

Spoiler

Also, in that other photo posted by that wedding venue, could anyone tell who was getting married?

• Like 4