[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

This is an interesting post by Kuroshio over at BOD  --

I can’t speak Korean, but can read some. And I found:

Ep.9 47:52 PM Ko said to her ex-husband, “Guyeon tunnel (구연 터널) project seems to be fishiest”.

In Ep.10 LL vanished into a tunnel to meet the bookstore owner. And the name of the tunnel is Guyeon.(구연 터널)

It might imply that PM Ko’s ex-husband might be the followers of LL.

That would give PM more ammunition. IF this information develops into a substantial twist in the story, how she will use this will define her arc. Will she side with LR or LG?

Whadyya guys think?

• Like 5
  • Insightful 15

Dropping by this thread to catch up and read all of your amazing theories and deductions. Still reeling in from that Episode. I am broken and confused and I love it? What has this drama done to me? We're only at Episode 10 but why does it feel like its' moving too fast? Also, I'm not ready for this drama to end? 

I'm really really worried about what will happen next and I'm even more worried what will happen to all of us when this drama ends. 

rsz-tumblr-da04caa92f7dd997968cbfc3472dc

• Like 4
  • LOL 13

• So in that scene between JY and JTE, is JY trying to convince her to not marry LG or is he convincing her to marry LG??....SO CONFUSED:frown:

• At this point, what would make this whole drama beautiful is that it had began with a funeral and so it should end with a wedding RIGHT????:heartbreak:

• Also I bet that sword is like the key to unlocking time traveling somehow. That yo-yo girl is probably the Cheonsin sky goddess? I mean in tales its a god, but now finding out yoyo boy is yo yo girl im like even more confused now...is actresses playing yo yo person suppose to be portraying a girl or guy? bc if yo yo person is a girl...maybe its one of our main characters as a kid????? or maybe like sky thunder god like Zeus!

• balloons...balloons.....maybe a sign of which portal works? or maybe each portal is to different timelines as well as worlds???? its beginning to be like the flash where its a multiverse....e.g one world where its ruled by the nazis, one world where its just evil twins, etc

• other things I'm thinking is maybe in ep.11 that is a scene from the FUTURE!!! Which would explain the present/past??? For example, like that scene would show her dying and gives us the viewers of the reasoning why LG decided to travel to the past to change the present.

• I bet someone in this drama is going to be a dragon I swear lol because in the tale of the flute, it was given to King Sinmun by the Dragon of the East Sea (previous king was king Munmu aka his father) .
  • Anyways found some cool excerpts of that story of the flute:

Sl5Gusz.png

aLakpAV.png

• Like 9
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 5

7 minutes ago, Jad068 said:

Just wondering how did Lady Noh know to give orders to the Royal Guard to go to the bamboo forest if LG and ES just came in fro the portal? 

Cos LG told her before leaving that he will be back by Thursday night. He also mentioned that to TE.

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Talking about KES dramas, I like some and I skip some too. My faves are Dots, SeGa, and this, TKEM. Fyi, to those who haven't watched them, they are certified happy ending. Most of her dramas are happy ending but well some of them are a bittersweet one though. 

Sorry to cut your post short.

I am not really into KES either. I watched in full only SG and the Heirs because LMH+the OST. I skip DOTS, Goblin, because things that didnt click. I don't know about mr sunshine. Is it good?

The heirs, despite of its lack on the storyline, for me it has a really well scene transition and bgm. Also there were several scenes that I enjoyed very much. So I could enjoy it till the end. 

TKEM is another story. My first on going drama. A really complex drama. Definitely NOT mainstream. Has a random plot if I may say, to the level that it can force us to not dare close our eyes even just a glimpse or we can lost on the middle of nowhere. Its torturing kind of drama. Yes it is.

BUT I LOVE IT

and definitely I love being with you all in this forum with your incredible theories, gif, and everything. Thank you guys.

:blush:

• Like 9

From episode 10 I learned :

- there are 2 parallel world gate, one is at the bamboo forest and the other still unknown.

- LG is definitely doing time travel, he is going back and forth to the past and the future, so he experience lost count on how many days he's been spending at the eternity.

The moment he met TE at the bamboo forest, it is LG from the present but TE? I guess its TE from the future who is longing for him, thats why she cries badly when she finally meet him.

and at the kiss scene its definitely LG from the future. 

- No matter how greedy and ambitious PM Koo is... I guess in the end she'll be helping LG.

- Noh sanggung know about this parallel world thing.

- episode 10 is full with LG doing back and forth at the parallel world, I guess we'll have the answer why next episode.

- the yoyo boy/girl, that kid is the deity for sure. and the sword will have to do something connected to this kid and the ending of the story. 

- about the preview, its TE in KOC, yes you are right. But how she come into the world, or its just a nightmares that haunted LG?

- I don't think TE will die, but the ending won't be a fairy tale happy ending I guess. What JY ask at the near end of the episode is hinting me, What if LR is already captured and the bad things stopped, what will happen to LG and TE? LG is a king and he has people who need him and he must stay in his world, and if she suppose to be his queen can she keep all the secret about this parallel world and can she keep back and forth between two world? 

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

Aside from the stellar performance from LMH & KGE, I would also like to commend Baek Hyun-Joo who is playing Sec Mo. She was so cool during the press briefing. Then she was all heartingly devastated when the Prince died. She was also wackingly out of her wits when LG was again missing before the NY.  Great turn, all in all.

• Like 16
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

5 minutes ago, Yippeun_eonnie said:

From episode 10 I learned :

The moment he met TE at the bamboo forest, it is LG from the present but TE? I guess its TE from the future who is longing for him, thats why she cries badly when she finally meet him.

and at the kiss scene its definitely LG from the future. 

Yes, I was thinking something along the same lines. Could it be the case that JTE who meets LG in the first scene has already experienced the last scene/the meeting with future LG? That would explain her distress. I love the scene but thought it a little strange that she was so emotional - it wasn't clear how long they had been separated at that point though. And I guess it could also be the case that JTE had just been very worried and had been feeling helpless since she knows LG is going up against his evil uncle who tried to strangle him as a child...in a separate universe where she can't reach him - or even find out what happened to him if things go wrong

• Like 12

To be honest while we all don't wish to see JTE die but if that entire preview sequence of her in Corea and all is just glossed over and not detailed in depth and just revealed to be a dream/a short vision, I think that the necessary impact won't be there. It'll be better for our hearts but I think that they should push the story forward with a bit more high stakes and action, and so this would be the way to do it right. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, MissSuperCyan said:

Does anyone has an idea about Lee Gon's outfit on the last scene on episode 10? Is it a wedding outfit? or a uniform for a battle?

2 hours ago, MissSuperCyan said:

This is exactly what I am thinking but my husband thinks he is just getting married to the PM that's why he had this bidding farewell feels. I told him it would make sense if he's wearing a hanbok, but I'm not entirely sure about korea's wedding culture. This is the first time we were so invested(So invested that we try to find clues on the characters outfit. lol) in a Korean drama so I thought it would be best to check. Thanks  for answering by the way.

Huh?

No way.

I think I read somewhere it is one of his official King's outfit and I'm gonna stick with it.

No one gonna marry our King except JTE!

tenor.gif?itemid=15019508

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

Hi, Chingus. Thread is flying cannot catch up with all pages but Im surely enjoying the show and brainstorming as well. Not getting enough time to visit here due to ramazan. Hope you all doing well.. 

Can twitter links be posted? If not, please letme know. I'll remove them. 

Spoiler

➡ Trending @5 in netflix india's top dramas.

➡ - most popular TV shows in the world 2020- TKEM @ 19th place, only Kdrama to top the list. And @ 9th place today. 

➡ Also this.

➡ Also on 16th may it was trending on twitter in India with almost 49K tweets and today morning (17th may) again it was in India trends with 102K tweets.

Spoiler

Spoiler

➡ No. 1 on netlfix in Thailamd and Philippines. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

I forgot how to attach pics, hence posted links directly :(( 

Ps. Let me know if this info is already posted then I'll delete it. 

Edited by LMHolic
  • Like 10
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

Waaah! I can’t stop thinking JTE and LG the whole day, I felt like my mood today was so sad. I am deeply affected by them. I still cry when I see the bamboo scene and the last scene of ep 10 :bawling: plus the soundtrack adds to my sadness. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

Yes! I didn’t get that part - why JY could not access LG’s phone (given to him by TE)??? 
Anyone can help?? @SweetButters @YongZura⁷ @syntyche 

3 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

@Umjicheok thanks a ton. It shows that I should not overthink. Muah.

Glad someone has answered your question @Dramafreak  Our King was curious about what JTE searched via his phone before.  This time, he really did leave each line of the search engine with words and phrases that combined into a sweet message for JTE.  :wub: JY was informing JTE that the King left a message for her through the search history indirectly.

This is the first time I feel like they (JY and JTE) were talking about something very personal and also realistic.  JY (as the closest friend if I may say so)  was concerned just like us about their future together.  

@LMHolic Yes, twitter links  can be posted just like other images only three and the rest in the spoiler.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, LRM11219311 said:

Waaah! I can’t stop thinking JTE and LG the whole day, I felt like my mood today was so sad. I am deeply affected by them. I still cry when I see the bamboo scene and the last scene of ep 10 :bawling: plus the soundtrack adds to my sadness. 

Never been this affected by a drama before and my mode since last night is like "Don't talk to me" lol. But I take comfort on my gut feeling that Taeul = Luna and the recap of episode 11 is a look back of Luna's past so I can get on with my life until next Friday breaks my heart into pieces again.

• Like 5
  • Love 2