[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

2 hours ago, reynamorisson said:

TKEM scene is not even cheesy but odd. The romance, the ID, etc -- it's all set in the previous timeline (that has yet to be revealed). What we are seeing now is the impact of the time travel from x-t and the bet is on how this will turn out. This is Lee Gon (×-t)'s bet to turn the table.

Lee Gon (x) is smart and Lee Gon (x-t) knew that he would be a smart kid. Hence, leaving the ID to figure out a way to break out of the loop and potentially make the situation better. Whatever that means in comparison to previous timeline.

Lee Gon (x) has always given us a hint that he might be slowly discovering that it's a time loop:

1) Him saying to the Court Lady not to worry about the ID missing because "it feels like everything is happening as planned"

2) Him stating to Tae Eul (I believe in the kitchen scene) that the guy who saved him is either the beginning or the end (and guess what, or both? It is his beginning and also the end of the loop)

3) Tae Eul that also felt that somehow "fate has choosen her" to love Lee Gon. It's because deep inside there is already a set up created by Lee Gon from (x-t) to happen now. And the premonition that somehow her life is at stake  (the probability whether she will remain safe on this time loop or to repeat the probability that she might die).

I am super excited for the end of the loop where current Lee Gon (x) broke out of current timeline knowing what must have happened or merged with the previous Lee Gon (traveling back to the future to the exact time he needs to travel back -- hence the hint: JTE's phone). 

If this theory is true, then the probability of JTE being eternally at risk is still 50:50. We are putting that bet along with Lee Gon who at the moment is still living through this timeline he created. 

P.S. I think there are two saviors as well.

@reynamorisson  Thanks for your posts!  :heart:  You've done a great job explaining what viewers have been speculating from the beginning.

Leaving the ID helps explain the story, but it doesn't look like the savior left the ID intentionally.

xhSFl9x.gif&key=4ee7025365bca97411b6b907

What do you think?

• Like 6

3 hours ago, 1ouise said:

@reynamorisson  Thanks for your posts!  :heart:  You've done a great job explaining what viewers have been speculating from the beginning.

Leaving the ID helps explain the story, but it doesn't look like the savior left the ID intentionally.

What do you think?

In my opinion he knew that would happen and he let it be. The kid tried to grab him but got his hands on the ID card 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, 1ouise said:

What do you think?

That is a great observation.  I have the impression that the ID was at the very least intended to be carried to the past or is a past significance. Then it might be:

1) Hypotheses A: If the ID was never meant to be there in the first place, then fate can play a role in determining that JTE will exist in this time loop again. In this time loop or this reality, there is a choosing for young LG to meet JTE again, and their encounter might repeat. Why? Because What is meant to happen will happen due to a certain use of law of nature. Actually, there is also this theory by Stephen Hawking that talks about how time preserves a certain quantum reality and will do what it can to keep it that way. It argues that even if you travel to the past and alter it, a few things will work itself to happen to prevent the future from changing (life form doesn't like uncertainty).

2) Hypotheses B: If the ID was carried because it meant something to the savior and intended to reach little Lee Gon anyway whether through intended placement or as it happens, through the grabbing incident. Then the previous hypotheses remains where LG wants young LG to find this woman again to break the time loop for a better reality.

3) Hypotheses C: it was purely incidental. Like when Goblin saved the young mother which then left a marking for Ji Eun Tak to become Goblin's bride. LG could have met JTE previously, but never intended their fate to continue looping. Then a new plot of timeline occurs that will lead him to find this person and leads him to a parallel universe.

I would vote for something that is less coincidental as we believe the author intends that the card means something. But at the moment, I guess we are left with some possibilities. Which one appeals to you more?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 7
  • Awesome 2

7 minutes ago, reynamorisson said:

2) Hypotheses B: If the ID was carried because it meant something to the savior and intended to reach little Lee Gon anyway whether through intended placement or as it happens, through the incident. Then the previous hypotheses remains where LG wants young LG to find this woman again to break the time loop for a better reality

This ^^ , after looking at spoiler Pics and a Hypothesis of something happening to JTE. The ID was with LG due to that. Now Fate played a role in making sure that ID reached baby LG to restart the loop.(Wherein the First time viewing of story without recent spoiler revelation stands that Adult LG has no idea the ID was grabbed by baby LG when baby LG was reaching out to him).

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

I think I read this in a Netflix article posted by someone here. Correct me if I am wrong that China created the name Hallyu. Wow!  I thought the ban against Hallyu was because China wanted to prop up their own entertainment industry but if I remember rightly, this same article claimed that SK allowed the US to set up a military base or something, perhaps missiles targeted at China and they did not like it so they retaliated by banning Hallyu. If that is the case, I can't really fault China.  I can't find that article anymore unless someone here who posted it can re-post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

I think I read this in a Netflix article posted by someone here. Correct me if I am wrong that China created the name Hallyu. Wow!  I thought the ban against Hallyu was because China wanted to prop up their own entertainment industry but if I remember rightly, this same article claimed that SK allowed the US to set up a military base or something, perhaps missiles targeted at China and they did not like it so they retaliated by banning Hallyu. If that is the case, I can't really fault China.  I can't find that article anymore unless someone here who posted it can re-post.

Interesting. It happened in 2017 correct or late 2016 or perhaps even 2016? I hear they want to lift it but not sure they will. @gtLmh0622can you shed some light on this 

• Like 1

5 Times Woo Do Hwan Whip Us Up With His Undeniable Charms In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

WOO DO HWAN IS SURELY TREATING K-DRAMA FANS THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS FOR HIS CUTE AND COLD PERSONAS IN THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH

As one-half of the endearing bromance line in The King: Eternal Monarch, Woo Do Hwan effortlessly attracts spotlight with his distinct portrayals of his characters: Jo Yeong and Jo Eun Seop.

PhotoGrid_1589327264369-768x768.jpg

Woo Do Hwan portrays Commander Jo Yeong, Emperor Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho)’s best friend and right-hand man, in the Kingdom of Corea. In the Republic of Korea, he portrays Jo Eun Seop who is fulfilling his military service as a public service worker.

The actor has been delighting viewers with his commitment to his roles. Moreover, he makes writer Kim Eun Sook’s signature “bromance” element utterly fulfilling.

Choosing between Jo Yeong or Jo Eun Seop is a sweet dilemma fans would happily indulge on. And we have Woo Do Hwan to thank that for.

Spoiler

PhotoGrid_1588027336333-768x768.jpg

Check out some of the amusing moments of Woo Do Hwan in his dual roles below.

1. UNEXPECTED MEETING OF DOPPELGANGERS

Crossing the halfway mark of the series, Woo’s characters in both worlds inevitably meet as they set forth to trace the sneaky villain of the series.

Fans had an adorable treat in the hilarious “first encounter” of Jo Yeong and Jo Eun Seop. Although, it was expected, Woo Do Hwan has really made the scenes epic comical frames.

Spoiler

2. A TALE OF TWO JOS

Switching to two contrasting characters is no easy task. In Kingdom of Corea, Jo Yeong as the King’s bodyguard holds an intimidating stance. His unfathomable thoughts draw curiosity as he shows off mutiple facets to his austere character. Who would have thought there are several types of deadpan faces until we met Jo Yeong?

For the parallel world premise to be successful, the challenge to create clear-cut definition to the dual roles is normal. We see Woo Do Hwan working hard not to have a tincture of similarity for the two characters he portray. Free spirited Jo Yeong appeals effortlessly owing to his charming Busan accent and bubbly country bumpkin attitude.

The King: Eternal Monarch

Woo Do Hwan

3. SWEET BROMANCE

On his own, Woo Do Hwan overwhelms with charisma. Together with Lee Min Ho, it is a visual treat for the audience, particularly women. His bromance as Jo Yeong with Lee Gon is bound by loyalty and friendship. Hence they bicker easily due to the familiarity with each other.

On the other hand, the budding bromance shared by Lee Gon and Jo Eun Seop might look unstable. But them being less acquainted pushes Eun Seop to show the side of Lee Gon that is less unguarded.

Now, if bromance permits to happen between Jo Yeong and Jo Eun Seop, it would definitely be a “yes please!” response from drama fans.

Spoiler

4. THE STRICT AND SASSY BESTFRIEND

Tied to his responsibility to the Kingdom and the King he serve, Jo Yeong usually concedes to Lee Gon’s orders. But the perks of being the King’s best friend since childhood is he can truly be honest to the King.

He does not sugarcoat his thoughts and responds smart quips to subdue the stubborn and sometimes hurried decisions of the King.

Spoiler

Woo Do Hwan

5. ADORKABLE JOYEONG

There’s a lot of stud appeal to Jo Yeong, but Woo Do Hwan shows he’s more than just his dapper look. Because hey, suiting up as Jo Eun Seop gifted his fans with an adorable and harmless goofball. His thick Busan dialect couple with his cute, carefree charm make for a delightful presence.

Spoiler

giphy-14.gif

WHAT’S NEXT ON EPISODES 9 & 10

Stay tuned because there’s more Woo Do Hwan to look forward to with next week’s episode of The King: Eternal Monarch!

There’ll be more entertaining hijinks to enjoy with Jo Yeong and Jo Eun Seop. Looks like Kang Shin Jae will grapple about his birth secret.

Meanwhile, Lee Gon and Lee Lim will start their battle against one another. There’s also a lot of romance to look forward to as Lee Gon asks Jeong Tae Eul if she can live in his world with him.

Spoiler

The King: Eternal Monarch tells the story of two parallel universes, one in which Korea is a constitutional monarchy and one which is similar to present-day Korea. Lee Min Ho stars as Emperor Lee Gon, who fights evil and tries to close the door between the worlds, and Kim Go Eun stars as Detective Jeong Tae Eul, who teams up with him to protect people’s lives.

Catch up on this extraordinary series via Netflix every Friday and Saturday at 10:30 p.m. SGT.

https://www.hellokpop.com/featured/5-times-woo-do-hwan-whip-us-up-with-his-undeniable-charms-in-the-king-eternal-monarch/

• Like 5
  • Love 4

8 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

@Heilo @madmad min @mychoiyoung

Did you guys see LG's shoes in episode 8. His entry into the hotel room when JY and SJ are fighting?

So does this pair match any shoes in episode 1 fight sequence. You guys are detectives!!!.

One question: where have you been? 

Who cares about the shoes in episode 8, have you not seen the spoilers? :lol::lol::lol:

————————————————

Sorry, I’m borrowing this from you @Geolyvseven :)

Come to think of it, why is Lee Gon alone in this clip? It looks like he’s about ready to start war. 

tenor.gif?itemid=17189168

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, CallieP said:

The missile system was not targeted at China - it was a South Korean DEFENSIVE system against North Korea (the Great Leader was and still is testing missiles ...) China will always side North Korea (politics of ‘balance’) - to balance out the US’ support of South Korea. 
You can refer to this article: https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/thaad-row-china-blocks-streaming-of-korean-dramas

Sorry, Admin, this could be a bit off-topic

@Geolyvseven

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Geolyvseven said:

O'right I will give you spoilers.. I didn't wanna post but I couldn't resist

Hide contents

In these videos one of them you will see Lee Gon carrying an injured woman(Tae Eul)?? Not sure tho could be his double's mother?

Hide contents

Where? I've watched the three BTS videos you linked, but in none of them LG carries an injured woman...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

One question: where have you been? 

Who cares about the shoes in episode 8, have you not seen the spoilers? :lol::lol::lol:

Omg! I was away for a day and i have 25 pages to read...

Were you guys missing me :D >cute and shy smiley<  ?

pLease share the deleted spoiler via dm and what is this boverdrama site??

the king is killing me! I want to binge watch the series now...

btw i just learnt something new... hawkings +quantam physics +a connection with fate!! You guys!! @rey sorry i just cant remember the full id.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

3 hours ago, Geolyvseven said:

O'right I will give you spoilers.. I didn't wanna post but I couldn't resist

Hide contents

In these videos one of them you will see Lee Gon carrying an injured woman(Tae Eul)?? Not sure tho could be his double's mother?

Spoiler

Definitely, that’s JTE.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Geolyvseven said:

She is very talented

Speed painting video. Non-digital fan art (no Photoshop involved). Hand-painted from scratch with colored pencils and brushes.)

:heart: :heart: :heart: 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

Has any of you watched the American crime show “Fringe”? I saw something about the birth secret similar in it.

Don't read this is you’re planning to watch Fringe:

Spoiler

In Fringe, Walter Bishop admits that he stole his doppelgänger’s son from the alternate universe when his own son died from a sickness. He kept telling Peter Bishop that he was very sick and then he recovered, but always with a very sad face. Because the truth is Peter didn’t recover, but he died. Then Walter went to the alternate universe and stole his doppelgänger’s son, who he brought up as his own.

Does this sound like the fate of Shin Jae?

Also, the difference between Shin Jae and his character in Prison Playbook is really contrasting. Like Jo Yeong and Jo Eun Sup.

I can’t be the only one who’s having a hard time wondering whether to ship Jo Yeong with Lee Gon it Jo Yeong with Jo Eun Sup, right? Hands up please!! :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2