[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

22 minutes ago, Heilo said:

Hahaha. Lmao! I concede to the fact that some of my theories are shaky not all of them tho:joy:

What are some of your shaky theories? spill the beans? I read up you said something about Lee Gon mothers double and SJ situation

While you all are hard at work deducing theories, my mind is still stuck on this:

It seems like we are missing the most important step. The one where the king takes JTE to his chamber and moves their relationship beyond the lips. :lol::lol::lol:

Also, I found this hilarious and true. There’s the world and then there’s South Korea. 

p.s. @reynamorisson I’m with you 100%, Lee Gon is onto the time loop. 

p.s. we’re definitely watching the reset. 

p.s. I still believe there’s 2 saviors. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Oh no please I don't want KES again but I am sure she will write exactly simple romance in next time and yes definetely will be hit :lol: I just want LOBS writer 

Yes.I hope LMH stays away from KES script with a 10 foot pole. She's always giving him lacklustre script.Heirs and now this.This was supposed to be her redemption script for him but she made such a  blunder with the team responsible for executing her script..such a mess. I pray he doesn't ever consider her script in future. she's experimenting on him. he's not her guinea pig! :rage: to sell her experiments.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, reynamorisson said:

I agree with you. It skipped me because he discussed that as a context of JTE being jealous of whomever was having his home cooked meal in the past.

For all we know, she might have been jealous of Tae Eul (x-1) :P but Lee Gon told her,

"She is already winning -- then and now"

This is Tae Eul (x-) and Tae Eul (x-1) situation 

• LOL 6

3 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:
43 minutes ago, reynamorisson said:

I agree with you. It skipped me because he discussed that as a context of JTE being jealous of whomever was having his home cooked meal in the past.

For all we know, she might have been jealous of Tae Eul (x-1) :P but Lee Gon told her,

"She is already winning -- then and now"

That would be FUN!

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

5 hours ago, Heilo said:

Oh!! You really nailed it. In all honesty you are the GOAT of this thread. The grand master of Theories

:joy:

I still have a lot of concerns though. 

One being:

So in physics on general relativity, any change in the past does not always mean you create a closed time loop from Lee Gon saving himself (x-t) and then to Lee Gon we see now(x) and lead to a new reality for when Lee Gon is back from the past (×+t). But an alternation to a past timeline may create a parallel universe instead  (universe B ) where the original universe (universe A) continues, but the new parallel universe has a different reality that plays out a different life scenario after that event occured.

So yes, a third parallel universe from what we know so far.

So, it could be that there are two Lee Gon(s) in two universes, one from that time where Tae Eul (x-t) might have been hurt and that is irreversible (universe A), plus the parallel universe we are watching now where Lee Gon meets Tae Eul is still okay as a result of the time travel (universe B).

Both possibilities/theories for a timeloop and/or the new parallel universe have a fair probability right now I would say. We need more clue in the upcoming episode where the timeline catches up for when a time travel is explained.

However, this latter theory is sadder because that means the Lee Gon from that previous parallel world lost Tae Eul, and can only watch a different Tae Eul meet a different Lee Gon in a different universe entirely.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4

14 minutes ago, Jaja said:

I keep reading this thread, browse twitter and ig tkem tags all day long just lying on the bed. Are you guys also getting fat or is it just me? :blink:

I am becoming a liberal arts major with all these theories and literary works being cited :blush:

• LOL 7

4 hours ago, Heretorant said:

While you all are hard at work deducing theories, my mind is still stuck on this:

It seems like we are missing the most important step. The one where the king takes JTE to his chamber and moves their relationship beyond the lips. :lol::lol::lol:

Also, I found this hilarious and true. There’s the world and then there’s South Korea. 

p.s. @reynamorisson I’m with you 100%, Lee Gon is onto the time loop. 

p.s. we’re definitely watching the reset. 

p.s. I still believe there’s 2 saviors. 

whichever theory/time loop/universe, the next level relationship needs to happen!!!

:joy: wait what do you mean Knetz? I have never heard of them before. Is that a parallel universe where things are the opposite of ours now? Lol

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Even though TWOTM has different timeslot it clashes with TKEM's last 15 minutes. It starts at 11 PM kst while tkem ends at 11:15 PM. maybe their audience don't watch tkem bc they wanna be focused on twotm. you know maybe they watch tkem on reruns or on netflix. so there's a good chance that with twotm ending this week.. people will watch tkem on schedule from next week. 

Sorry for rambling, I just want them to have atleast double digit ratings for all the hard work they've done. I hope I'm proven right *prayers* 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, reynamorisson said:

whichever theory/time loop/universe, the next level relationship needs to happen!!!

:joy: wait what do you mean Knetz? I have never heard of them before. Is that a parallel universe where things are the opposite of ours now? Lol

They exist in the realm V21. Where PSY never released Gangnam style and Jangmi is the premier minister and leading figurehead of the state 

• LOL 6

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

It seems like we are missing the most important step. The one where the king takes JTE to his chamber and moves their relationship beyond the lips. :lol:

Maybe that’s what the special episode on this coming Sunday is for :). 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

32 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

In which ep was sick kid Shinjae shown? I think I saw the scene, but I can't recall which episode.

Episode 6 or 7.

8 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Maybe that’s what the special episode on this coming Sunday is for :). 

The Track record says its a short movie with some non distinguishable extended scenes to summarize episode 1-8. :D Specials never have anything special.

• Sad 1
  • LOL 2