[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Just now, Anagha said:

May I know who is the lady guard u guys r talking about? Is she the bodyguard who reports about KSJ’s mom to lady Noh? Does she have a doppelgänger in ROK? 

If you remember episode 1, the lady 

Guard who was doing the pat down of the Prime Minister before she enter the palace?

We have not seen the doppelganger of the other one and 

tenor.gif?itemid=3984953

No more new doppelganger. 

We left 4 episodes only.

tenor.gif

:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

So I've activated my delulu mind and have come up with a crazy theory, be prepared everyone...

In the following pictures of KGE from the last shoot day, I'd like to point out the shoes:

ZCne1jC.png X9aKZ91.png IBNCrvC.png

So I'm thinking, when do girls want to wear the most comfortable clothes and shoes? When they're PREGNANT! She's wearing a beautiful flowy dress and very comfortable house shoes. Obviously it could be just that she didn't want to wear heels throughout the shoot or because JTE doesn't wear heels but JTE doesn't wear crusty house shoes either... who knows. Seems like to me they went back to the past to get the blessings for their baby to come and their married life. 

I can just imagine LG telling JTE to hurry up and get ready to visit whoever in the past, and not to put on heels or any of that stuff cause he wants her to be comfortable :wub: Although, JTE always looks very comfy to me, but this is definitely the most out of character and official dress I've seen JTE wear sooo bright colors equals good news. 

Edited by MairaA
  • Like 1
  • LOL 20

4 hours ago, syntyche said:

“The King: Eternal Monarch” Wraps Filming After 8 Months + Confirms Finale Date

Wow, 8 months is pretty long. They get knowing each other for couple months. Hope there is sparkling between them. :blush:

They really look great on the screen, the height in between makes them lovely and cute couple,.......

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Love 4

@MairaA I'm sorry.  Lol.

But I would think that she has changed out of her shoes that she wore for the drama and slipped on this comfortable one instead after filming.

But to be in tune with you.

tenor.gif?itemid=3610441

I want to see the baby before the drama ends!

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

1 minute ago, mrsj3n said:

@MairaA I'm sorry.  Lol.

But I would think that she has changed out of her shoes that she wore for the drama and slipped on this comfortable one instead after filming.

But to be in tune with you.

I want to see the baby before the drama ends!

I know I know!! It's so crazy :joy: but I WANT A BABY FROM OUR COUPLE!!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e475589baa98b377b466b

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

@gwin:  I was telling someone almost the same thing!  Many said the first couple of episodes were boring, so I rewatched, objectively, and if I wasn't a LMH fan, I may have dropped this drama.  Now, that we know more, it makes sense, but the first 4 episodes to be thrown numbers 2 and 3 hurt the drama IMO.  But strangely, the PPL, didn't, and still doesn't, bother me.  Ok, the cellreturn does (lol), but not the rest.  I must have a high tolerance to PPL.  GonJo was one of my ships, so I would have liked to see a lot more of the two of them.  

I, too, was cursing SBS when I saw the news this morning:rage:.  I remember, when watching LBS 3 years ago,  during a crucial part in the drama, ep 13, SBS aired only one episode that week.  In the end, I think it worked out for the best because LMH was pretty tired at that point and needed a break.  Hopefully, the single episode for the King will work out for the best.  I wish, at least, SBS will allow the last episode to go a little longer than 70 minutes, so all the loose ends are resolved.

Where are the LMHoes?:naughty:  I need a good laugh:lol:

It's funny that all these cancellations occur on Episode 13!  It was the same for Goblin!

But as I said earlier, this is nothing to the wait we had during CLOY's run.  So I'm not really as bothered with the one day wait.

Regarding the the first few episodes, I think Episodes 1 and 2 were compelling enough.   Episodes 3 and 4 is where the pace started to drag.  The worst for me so far is that episode when they almost went to war against Japan.  I fail to see the point, even up to this day.

• Like 5

Okay apparently they changed directors halfway through the series?  At least that’s what the TKEM Facebook fan group is saying.  Massive grain of salt of course, since it’s all hearsay and half of it is in Tagalog which I can’t read lol. 

It would actually make sense, even the PPL changed from being taken super seriously to basically being mocked.  The romance improved, the action and direction got better, we got an actual OST...

• Like 16

44 minutes ago, gwin said:

Great explanation, but I'm not sure I completely agree.  I think the LG we are seeing now is someone who has not yet spent considerable amount of time in that in between place.  He can't, because he has to go back to being a King.

I honestly don't think any time manipulation (or non-linear time sequence) has been shown on this show so far, except in the following scenes:

1.    The first scene of Episode 1 up until that point where LG is facing the gate

2.    The last scene of Episode 10

Everything else to me follows a normal timeline, except of course for the occasional time stops.   I realize that my opinion is the minority view though.

@gwin So I'm not talking about timelines, but how an observer's perception of time is different and how time can tick faster or slow depending on how fast you're moving. That portal is essentially an accelerated pathway that shoots you through large distances of space in no time. LG's perception of seeing JTE feels like no time has passed. Meaning that as he entered the portal or wormhole, he was 31 years old and when he came out on the other end of the portal to JTE's world, he still viewed himself as 31 years old. Now JTE on the other hand perceives that he is "younger" like 28 or whatever because she didn't move through the portal/wormhole, she just stayed stationary on her world. So since she stayed in her world and didn't go anywhere, she perceives it as months have passed since she last saw him and his age as being "younger" due to time dilation.

Like say for example, you have two twins: one who stayed on Earth and didn't go anywhere and one who went into a space ship that travel at a higher velocity or speed (close to the speed of light...so very fast). Now both twins have clocks from where they are and each time light makes a round trip in either twin's clock, you count that as 1. Both twins measure their respective clock's rate from wherever they are. Now the twin on Earth sees the other twin's clock rate as moving a lot slower. So then let's say it takes 25 years for the twin on the ship to travel across space (with velocity close to the speed of light) and return back to Earth. The twin on Earth will see it as it took the twin on ship 20 years for this trip due to time dilation. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

12 minutes ago, gwin said:

It's funny that all these cancellations occur on Episode 13!  It was the same for Goblin!

But as I said earlier, this is nothing to the wait we had during CLOY's run.  So I'm not really as bothered with the one day wait.

Regarding the the first few episodes, I think Episodes 1 and 2 were compelling enough.   Episodes 3 and 4 is where the pace started to drag.  The worst for me so far is that episode when they almost went to war against Japan.  I fail to see the point, even up to this day.

Episode 6 omfg.  Beginning was fantastic.  Ending was fantastic. 

I’m pretty sure the middle chunk was just one big middle finger so the world can see SK’s military and naval capabilities.

That, or someone had an inconsiderate dream about wanting to see LMH and WDH in military uniforms.  Probs the same person who wanted to see LMH pound rice in his uniform.  So...maybe us. 

Now that being said, LR’s been in the shipyard with his crew.  If we somehow end up with a naval war with wet King and Traitor - err, excuse me, ship battles against the warring factions, then that will make sense!

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

Random question yall I want to share some tumblr posts but when I paste the link, it doesn't show up all fine and pretty like how the twitter ones do, is it supposed to be like that? Anyone know how to do it properly? I tried to look it up but it didnt help me so please advise!!

I will delete this post later on, etc

11 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Okay apparently they changed directors halfway through the series?  At least that’s what the TKEM Facebook fan group is saying.  Massive grain of salt of course, since it’s all hearsay and half of it is in Tagalog which I can’t read lol. 

It would actually make sense, even the PPL changed from being taken super seriously to basically being mocked.  The romance improved, the action and direction got better, we got an actual OST...

I can understand Tagalog!  Where is this FB page?

If you look at the first episode, there were two directors already.   Baek Sang Hoon who did DOTS and Love in the Moonlight, and Jung Ji-Hyun who did Mr. Sunshine.  Yoo Je Won (Hi Bye Mama, Abyss) was apparently added midway, but he does not appear as a director in the title card at the start of the episodes.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MairaA said:

Random question yall I want to share some tumblr posts but when I paste the link, it doesn't show up all fine and pretty like how the twitter ones do, is it supposed to be like that? Anyone know how to do it properly? I tried to look it up but it didnt help me so please advise!!

I will delete this post later on, etc

First try to post let me see how it will appear for me 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gwin said:

I can understand Tagalog!  Where is this FB page?

If you look at the first episode, there were two directors already.   Baek Sang Hoon who did DOTS and Love in the Moonlight, and Jung Ji-Hyun who did Mr. Sunshine.  Yoo Je Won (Hi Bye Mama, Abyss) was apparently added midway, but he does not appear as a director in the title card at the start of the episodes.

I think it’s labeled just as The King Eternal Monarch Fans?  It has about 80k people in it.

I joined the group for spoilers but y’all are faster than them anyways HAHA.  

• LOL 5

20 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

Maybe we'll need more bed scenes from them for that to happen.

Yes! We, here, are not smart enough to use our imagination ;). We need solid proof! No continuity issues. We need to see the whole thing.

:lol::lol::lol:

• LOL 10

25 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

You were not aware about that? Where have you been? It was due to the japanese scene he was accused of mixing the warships and that was made into some sort of backlash in korea can you believe that. He was accused of most tiniest thing ever then he was changed due to that he joined the editor team instead. A resuffle took place. They are both allies With NATO and the US so there warships mostly identical with tiny difference but some netizens had time on their hands to point out this turning into some backlash 

• Like 5