Jang Ki Yong ✿ 장기용 ✿ 張基龍

2 hours ago, Heedong said:

@realistic2280a just my thoughts since its possible haha JKY's ex is a ballet dancer, the gymnast is also a good dancer :D

I think it would be good for him to date someone now since being in the military seems so lonely lol 

Woha... i thought the last gf was just a rookie actress... sigh.. i cannot imagine how actors have to hide their relationship, they are humans too; always have to be very careful of their image...  for fear of being abandoned by their fans and sponsors...

ah well, thats life in the entertainment industry, the bigger the money, the bigger risk... as long as its not illegal and sleazy like the recent China entertainer Kris Wu incident, all will be fine...:D

• Like 1

@realistic2280a also his agency doesn't want bad publicity as much as possible, cause YG is really bad at handling nasty rumors thrown to their artists haha

Yes I've heard about the issue with Kris Wu and another chinese actress :( too bad for them. 

One thing that JKY can't do is cooking haha

• Awesome 1

@mademoisellesia me too! I thought he has a condition that will exempt him in the military. I didn't even see or read an interview before asking him about his enlistment plans. And the fact that he was able to work on NWABU when we expect him to enlist much earlier :bawling: 

The thing I'm looking forward tho is seeing him in a military uniform.

• LOL 1

Even if he had a condition to be exempt, I think he has to go and be descharge if they consider he is not able to do it.

I find the timing a little bit bad because it means he will not promote his drama. They should send him after the premier in my opinion.

It seems he really wanted to work with Song Hye Kyo because I read few days ago, he turned down The Glory, which will start filming by September/October. Finally he accepted Now we are breaking up. His enlishment can explain why he turn down The Glory too.

EVENT ALERT! As many of the dramas are on a break for Olympics, we thought it will be fun to have an Olympics theme poll. What sports would you participate in if you were a super athlete? Join us for some sports related fun and chatter! 

re: @partyon, @Sleepy Owl, @confusedheart326, @agenth, @Lmangla 

• Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

@Heedong Yeah I thought he should have gone around the time his 92'er peers (Yang Se Jong & Woo Do Hwan) went. And then he went quiet for a long time so I thought maybe he was exempted (but not reported publicly as it is a sensitive issue when actors don't enlist).

@Pitchoum They have to do health checks first before enlisting. Usually that's when it is determined whether the man is fit for enlisting. The ones that is discharge after enlisting is usually the ones getting injured during serving.

For Ki Yong it is considered an OK that he will enlist after completing filming. The male lead of Let's Eat 3 didn't get a choice. The drama has to end early and without him because he was summoned to enlist.

@mademoisellesia thanks you for these information. I just remembered Choi Jun Hyuk who was descharged because he had a knee problem. Something he had before to be enlished. 

I think they try to push until the last moment, until they have no choice. It can explain why JKY accepted Now we are breaking up and turn down THE Glory.

@mademoisellesia same, both YSJ and WDW enlisted last year, so I was really confused when after filming MRIAG he still didn't.

I initially thought he would be enlisting not later than his birthday this year, but maybe the Ministry of Defense was kind enough to let him finish his drama. 

By the way, does anybody here knows the reason behind his IG username?

2 hours ago, Pitchoum said:

@mademoisellesia thanks you for these information. I just remembered Choi Jun Hyuk who was descharged because he had a knee problem. Something he had before to be enlished.

It could be an underlying disease (so to speak) however I did a google and found this which reported that the knee injury was caused during military drills. I remember after discharge he went quiet for 2 years or so. Seo In Guk was the same. The observation/message I get is seems like they still have to disappear from the screen even though they aren't serving, otherwise it will enrage the Knetizens.

https://www.soompi.com/article/742563wpp/choi-jin-hyuk-suffers-injury-during-military-service

2 hours ago, Heedong said:

@mademoisellesia same, both YSJ and WDW enlisted last year, so I was really confused when after filming MRIAG he still didn't.

I initially thought he would be enlisting not later than his birthday this year, but maybe the Ministry of Defense was kind enough to let him finish his drama. 

I honestly thought he's next and soon because he said so in his IG - the one he took together with WDH.

Was busy during work and only have time now to check updates... initially it was just SHK's update... which i thought was seriously ridiculous, i mean how the heck could commentators judged that they have CHEMISTRY when the picture is just their back, side by side to each other... like anyone squatting next to you or buying grocery picking fruits together, and when a picuture is taken from their back ...... and its called Chemistry... silly...:lol:

Dont mind my rant... i mean, who is the one who wants the free promo; or enjoying the current wave that JKI currently has due to MGIAG?... :D or some writers are just desperate to make sure there is chemistry...time will tell... 

Sigh... do ur service well Kiyong-ah... and we will let you know of our thoughts when your drama airs... not really looking forward to it, but yes i will wait for reviews before starting it... (note, the title of the drama is already,... uninteresting, sigh)

• Like 1

@realistic2280a was also surprised that she has started to promote the drama when it is scheduled to air sometime in November. I checked her IG and she just had one post about her drama with PBG back then, and that was before broadcast, not as early like this with JKY. I wonder why, did she purposely do that knowing the news about JKY's enlistment? I kinda feel sad because JKY's relevant news was overshadowed :tears:

I'm pretty sure most actors are not yet allowed to share photos when they are still filming, but since her agency is one of the producers of their drama, well I guess that's fine.

• Awesome 1