[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Thank you for starting this thread..yahoo!!! CLL is real and its happening!!!..Im a huge SYJ fan from Philippines, she is my first and most favorite korean actress, beautiful face and outstanding acting talent.  Im also a believer that this pairing has most realistic chemistry going ( wink wink lol, well they did grocery shopping together in the US) and i will leave it at that coz i respect their private life ( rooting for them though) anyway  they are being generous enough to let us have CLL...im so excited for this drama because for one The negotiation is only a movie its too short!!! though it was great story and both of them acted superbly..its NOT a love story!!! As hyunbin said its unfortunate and that they have to act again in a melodrama or romcom ..so CLL will fulfill that hanging filling after negotiation which i felt and Hyunbin felt as well lol...   We need at least 16 episodes well hoping for 20 so they can explore that obvious chemistry that they have.  Secondly their visuals are perfect and part of location is at Switzerland most beautiful natural scenery in the world, Land of  swiss alps and chocolates its just perfect for them.. Then there is their acting talents both are great actors hoping for good script, realistic scenarios. Im also hoping its not going to be a heavy melo drama...but whatever i will be watching it!!! anyway will be lurking around here for more news ..thanks again ..CLL fighting!!!!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I’m excited to see their chemistry. I have not watched a drama of SYJ since Personal Taste with LMH. I enjoyed and preferred her movies more. But I heard a lot of great things about her drama Something In The Rain.. so maybe I’ll have to give that drama a try. 

• Like 7

16 hours ago, randomlee said:

I have more info about the characters in the drama. 

It has become much clearer that the drama will have a comedic tone to it. This is great news as I was half dreading that it will be a melodrama- a genre that I don’t particularly like, especially if the main theme is romance. I love this genre in a movie though haha..

I think we should be seeing a relationship chart soon. 

Thanks for this. This is quite informative. After seeing the script reading photos, it's good to finally be able to put a face to the name. 

I am also glad that the show is going to take the romantic comedy route. There's just too much tension between SK and NK these days, what with the series of missiles that NK launched this week, that it'll be wise for the show to have a lighter and more upbeat take on any SK and NK related issues. I can imagine how the other characters mentioned will provide the needed comedic relief. 

• Like 5

Looking at the script in Seo Ji Hye’s pic, I just realized that the cover design of the script shows a paragliding girl about to land on the safe shoulder of a saluting soldier (if you turn the pic to show the script cover right side up, you will see more clearly). 

And the beautiful pics of the script reading are taken by the above IG account holder who has taken very beautiful pictures of Encounter and One Spring Night. Am looking forward to seeing more beautiful pictures and stills from him/her :)

• Like 6

https://www.soompi.com/article/1346714wpp/hyun-bin-reveals-he-wanted-to-act-with-son-ye-jin-again-after-their-movie

“While filming ‘The Negotiation,’ I saw that in Son Ye Jin, so I thought, ‘I want to try working with her again.’ At the time, [we had filmed separately], so I wanted to try acting with her in the same space, making eye contact, and breathing the same air,..”—— it’s already so heart fluttering :wub:

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I have seen some knetz comments on the news article about Hyunbin's cover for Esquire September issue that seem to have missed the whole point about what he has said :huh: As the Soompi article was not the full article, I thought it would help if we put what he said in the proper context. You will see that when he said he wanted to act with Son Yejin again, he had very high praises for her acting skills and he showed utmost respect for his co-star. It is also not the first time that he said he wanted to act with her again. And it is true that they didn't act together in The Negotiation as it was almost only acting through the monitor or the screen (except for the short but tragic ending scene :bawling:).

So I only see what a fine person he is in giving praises for his co-star and using that as the reason why he has chosen to act with her again in Crash Landing of Love. If you have been reading his interviews, he is one person who always responds sincerely and he gives his honest views all the time. And he is also always consistent- he says what he means and does what he says. I will also add that Hyunbin has acted with his close friends before- for example in Rampant, he acted together with his long time friends and sunbaenims Jang Dong Geun and Jung Munsik. At one interview he also used the same reason for choosing Rampant as a project to do - that he wanted to try acting together with his friends and sunbaenims whom he hangs out with socially. And he also wanted to work with the same director again- same Director for Confidential Assignment. 

Here's my translation.

Actor Hyun Bin appears in the magazine cover of Esquire. 

Sporting an autumn aura, Hyun Bin appears on the cover of the September issue of the magazine "Esquire" with a warm appearance.  Hyun Bin arrived at the photoshoot looking more tanned than usual. He explained that he had gotten the tan deliberately because of his new TV drama "Crash Landing of Love" (tentative name), revealing how he will look in the drama that would commence filming soon.  It has already been revealed that he would take on the role of a "special officer" in this TV drama.

"Crash Landing of Love" is the new work by Park Ji-eun, the star writer of "Legend of the Blue Sea", "My Love from Another Star", "My Husband Got a Family", etc and other consecutive box office works.  After the movie "Negotiation", this second cooperation between Hyun Bin and Son Yejin is a highly anticipated work.

Hyun Bin said in an interview after the photoshoot, "Sometimes when I see the unexpected performance of the other actor, I would be greatly charmed by the acting and experience a high level of excitement. The unpredictable acting of the other party will bring about an unplanned reactive acting from me and it makes me feel thrilled. In the movie "Negotiation", Son Yejin's acting made me feel that way. So I had wanted to work with her again. As our acting in "Negotiation" was shot separately (using a binary screen shooting technique), I thought it would be good if the next time round, we are able to shoot opposite each other in the same space, face to face, looking into each other's eyes, breathing the same air. I just did not expect this opportunity to come so quickly, he thus expressed his expectations for the new drama.

Additionally, when Hyun Bin was interviewed by a certain media in 2009, he predicted that he would reach his prime at the age of 35 when he would have settled down with a family and also be more established and stable in his career.  Ten years on, we asked if he has achieved what he predicted. He laughed and said, "There is no family, so half of this prediction has already flown out of the window." "But I seem to have somewhat realised the other half. I won't say that I have reached a firm footing, rather, I would say I now have a sense of security. I feel more secure.  I am also now able to have more leisure time, and I feel a greater sense of curiosity and interest in my work, and there seems to be more things I want to experience and experiment. I also seem to be getting more projects than at that time."

Since his discharge from the army, Hyun Bin has been involved in at least two works every year, be it a historical drama, action drama, fantasy and other genres and roles.  You have performed outstandingly in romantic dramas such as "Secret Garden", "The World Within Us" and "My Name is Kim Sam Soon" and gained tremendous popularity. "Why did you not continue in this?"  He seems to have chosen to set aside this safe acting road and gone for a variety of styles. Does he not feel scared (to lose his popularity)?

Hyun Bin gave this answer through "Esquire":

"It is not that I "don't care at all". There is a subtle difference between "I don't care at all" and "it seems that I don't care". But to me, popularity isn't the point (or the focus). For this work that I do, you can't ignore popularity altogether. However, popularity isn't something that I can catch when I want to catch. Popularity is something that is beyond my control. So I'd rather think about what I can do and not worry about something beyond what I can do. The correct thinking is to focus on what I can do within my control. So I try to think simply. I need to just carefully prepare and show my acting skills.'"

For Hyun Bin, the important thing is to do his best at the work within his responsibility for now.  In this way, Hyun Bin is spending the time that belongs to Hyun Bin.

When he is asked if he had any thoughts about retiring, Hyun Bin said that he wants to know how well he is doing, and how the audience is reacting, so he is looking forward to the future when "Crash Landing of Love" ends and at the same time, he is preparing hard for his new drama which fills him with excitement, expectation and heart-flutters.

You can find out more about the interview of Hyunbin who is enthusiastically loyal to the present and eagerly anticipating the future in the September issue of “Esquire”.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 4

@randomlee thanks for the detailed translation.  SYJ is somewhat similar to HB in regards to focusing on improving acting skills rather than reaching for popularity.  I can see these two are professionals. They have tried many different roles and are not afraid of challenges. SYJ is one of the top SK actresses who won many major acting awards in the past, even HB expressed hIs admiration. I cannot wait to see what kind of story these veteran stars will deliver to us through their epic acting skills this time. I also love all their supportive casts. They are all experienced actors/actresses who have delivered their given roles effectively in the past. Now I'm hoping for the writer to give us an interesting story. Please don't waste their talents.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, thi2018 said:

The "Crash Landing of love" leads actors Hyun Bin, Son Ye Jin, Seo Ji Hye, and crews went to Zurich, Switzerland on the 22nd and filming will start on the 26th.

Cr (1)

So they flew to Switzerland without any media knew. Even we don't have any pictures, it's make sure that they are professional A list actors with doing all the production in quite and don't need any cheesy act to heart promote this drama. (Actually I'm a bit annoyed with people who said that in latest HB interview, he did cheesy act praising SYJ to promote the drama).

Still hope there's another fans who's candid their filming in Switzerland.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2019/08/hyun-bin-son-ye-jin-cast-and-crew-of-loves-crash-landing-to-begin-filming-in-switzerland-next-week

@peggygordon totally agree with you. HB doesn't need to media-play with his stature. It's not his nature to sugar-coat and flatter. He is a man who is genuine and sincere.

Edited by firstaid
additional
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

It's weird to say this, but I know where the place is. It's right outside the Museum Strauhof in Old Town Zurich. Haven't been to the museum but I've been to some restaurants nearby. It's quite a touristy area so it's not a surprise someone recognized him there. :)

Esquire graced us with such lovely stuff this week. Thanks @randomlee and @thi2018 for the translations. Very much appreciated. That Esquire video though made me ask, "how old is this guy? 25?" :)

I wonder where they will shoot their scenes in Switzerland. There's not that much to shoot in Zurich proper unless it's to show the affluence of SYJ's character like shopping along Bahnhofstrasse. I am guessing they will have mountain scenes in Schilthorn, where a famous restaurant at the peak was where a James Bond movie was filmed in the 1960s. But that will be in another region/canton. Or that will be too cliché. Well, I'm really just looking forward to their Switzerland scenes and see if we can identify the locations. :D 

I so like this video. I need to post this here. 

With HB wearing Omega in this issue, does that mean he bagged the Omega CF too? Or that's not how it works? I hope they got Omega for CLL. For MOA, they got Breitling. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002806000?lfrom=twitter

This article says that on 24th, broadcasting officials revealed that filming will commence in filming locations in Zurich on Monday, 26th. The lead cast and production crew have been there since 22nd. “The superb acting of Hyunbin and Son Yejin and the exotic scenery to be captured in Switzerland are expected to add perfection to the work.”

Re people saying that Hyunbin was engaging in media-play when he said those “cheesy words” in his Esquire interview, I’ll say this - first of all, it’s perfectly normal for him to promote his project. Come on, they do drama for income! Secondly, even though he was promoting the drama, he said what he meant and he meant what he said. I see nothing “cheesy” about what he said. Son Yejin is a good top-Star actress who has won multiple awards. One can fully appreciate his admiration for her as an actress. He’s a person who calls a spade a spade. And as an artiste, he has an artistic flair in describing things and is strong in emotions when showing his appreciation  - so the “acting in one space, breathing the same air” is just a manifestation of his artistic flair and strong emotions. Last but not least, both he and Son Yejin are stars that don’t need to stoop to cheap media play. Their names and acting prowess alone would attract attention. 

As for people saying he’s using the drama to do his own romance with Son Yejin, I find this so laughable. Why would any writer and director worth their salt (and here, we have a star writer and an acclaimed director) give them air time just for them to carry out their own agenda? Didn’t the origin of the drama start with the script being offered to them? Regardless of what the actual situation is, the writer, director and key production personnel saw in them the promises of a good drama for this script.  

By the way, it’s not just English blog sites, there have been some comments on naver along the same lines every time news articles on the drama are released. However, majority of the comments are positive (though the focus is on the couple and how they should get married after the drama bla bla :huh:and not so much about the drama as yet). 

As a firm supporter and fan of Hyunbin, I’ll “ship” him with all of his co-Stars for all of his dramas/movies with a loveline, and for CLL, I am definitely on board the Hyunbin-Son Yejin ship haha..The same goes for any real life relationship if there is any in the future and if it’s SYJ, I will celebrate hahaha..as long as he’s happy, it’s good and come on, her beauty is unbeatable!!! She matches extremely well with Hyunbin in terms of visuals, acting and maturity and after all, in his words, they are close friends (this shows me they get along swell)  :D

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, peggygordon said:

Son Ye Jin has updated her IG.

What a beautiful scenery. 

So they are in the Jungfrau bec that's the Jungfraubahn (Jungfrau Railway) in her photo. They're probably headed to Jungfraujoch, the so-called 'Top of Europe'. Very nice location. Getting more excited for the drama now. And please, I hope they'll get more snow than that. :)

• Like 5

83hTilX.jpg

According to Hyunbin Bar on weibo somebody sighted the filming crew. The person said Hyunbin is her ideal type and that he is looking really handsome and his handsomeness is at his best.  :wub:

(think the white tents may be where the filming crew is).

• Like 4
  • Love 2