[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

The IG update that I shared earlier with translation of the caption - we now have more info - Hyun Bin, other cast and production team were there (the Taebaek Experience Park at Gangwon Road Taebaek City/District) last Thursday (17 October). The North Korean military facilities are shot there. At that place, one can get a coal mining experience. I am attaching the pic of the entrance to the Park and one of the pics inside where the North Korean military facilities in the drama is shot.

nZBxuZK.jpg

fGukHAJ.jpg

• Like 8

People nowadays tend to criticize and slide to negative side whenever something new, unique and unprecedented happens. First and foremost, it is a drama. Any kind of plot can be thought of based on the imagination of writers. If people just want logical and realistic dramas, I don't think Korean entertainment industry could be this huge. Like c'mon, we had a Korean King fell in love and married a Northern female soldier and eventually she became a Queen. How couldn't an heiress fall in love with a Northern soldier?  They just use the palagliding and land in North to disparage. I don't think the plot just simply she goes paragliding, face sa big storm, lands in North and he finds and hides her. Park Ji Eun is one of the most famous writers of Hallyu wave. Before You who came from the star and Legend of blue sea which I didn't watch either, her previous projects were pretty good and firm, especially My husband got a family I believe she is not that amateur not thinking of the irony and groundless of the plot without any twists or logical circumstances to explain it. If not, then they can feel free to criticize and badmouth whatever they want. I still up hold my belief that for creating that "big hole", Park has her own technique to sew it and will make a phenomenal drama. She spent almost 3 years of hiatus to create this script. It worths high expectation.

And of course, i cannot put aside Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin, which in fact the biggest reason for any fight I will make to protect this drama until it broadcasted :lol:. For choosing a drama after Something in the rain is like a big gasp for Ye Jin's fans. The script must have had some power. Even though we can argue that the dating rumors didn't affect them, I don't think with their personalities, they would create such chaos and gossips around when collaborating again in a nonlogical, groundless and loose script.

Respect personal opinions and people can share it, but just do it reasonably. Criticize a drama with just 3 lines of summary is really harsh.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

Lee Jeong Hyeok spotted!

FwI8obv.jpg

haha..this old man’s vest and this hairstyle..Aigoo..okay, I won’t say anything other than that he looks good in any clothes and hairstyle :D

Wasn’t expecting such a young looking LJH too.

15 hours ago, bichngoc93 said:

People nowadays tent to criticize and slide to negative side whenever something new, unique and unprecedented happens. First and foremost, it is a drama. Any kind of plot can be thought of based on the imagination of writers. If people just want logical and realistic dramas, I don't think Korean entertainment industry could be this huge. Like c'mon, we had a Korean King fell in love and married a Northern female soldier and eventually she became a Queen. How couldn't an heiress fall in love with a Northern soldier?  They just use the palagliding and land in North to disparage. I don't think the plot just simply she goes paragliding, face sa big storm, lands in North and he finds and hides her. Park Ji Eun is one of the most famous writers of Hallyu wave. Before You who came from the star and Legend of blue sea which I didn't watch either, her previous projects were pretty good and firm, especially My husband got a family I believe she is not that amateur not thinking of the irony and groundless of the plot without any twists or logical circumstances to explain it. If not, then they can feel free to criticize and badmouth whatever they want. I still up hold my belief that for creating that "big hole", Park has her own technique to sew it and will make a phenomenal drama. She spent almost 3 years of hiatus to create this script. It worths high expectation.

And of course, i cannot put aside Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin, which in fact the biggest reason for any fight I will make to protect this drama until it broadcasted :lol:. For choosing a drama after Something in the rain is like a big gasp for Ye Jin's fans. The script must have had some power. Even though we can argue that the dating rumors didn't affect them, I don't think with their personalities, they would create such chaos and gossips around when collaborating again in a nonlogical, groundless and loose script.

Respect personal opinions and people can share it, but just do it reasonably. Criticize a drama with just 3 lines of summary is really harsh.

I have not watched Park Ji Eun’s My Love From Another Star and I dropped Legend of the Blue Sea after two episodes. But I thoroughly enjoyed My Husband Got A family which I consider to be one of the best family dramas I have watched. As soon as I can spare the time, I will try watching My Love From Another Star before Crash Landing premieres as I do want to check out the writer’s style. In the last few years of kdrama watching I have stopped watching kdramas that are primarily centered on romance unless it has an actor I like very much in it. As a drama fan, between a fairytale-like or a fantasy romance story and a more realistic romance story, I must admit I do prefer a more realistic one. JTBC’s ‘Chocolate’ which will air around the same time is written by Lee Kyung Hee, the writer of I’m Sorry I Love You (I love this kdrama btw) and the storyline of that one does appear more realistic. The two dramas will undoubtedly be compared - ratings wise. But I have faith in Crash Landing coz we will definitely get superb acting from our leads and explosive chemistry between them as well (for romance kdramas, often, this alone is enough - look at Her Private Life). I have also checked the timings - JTBC’s drama airs on Fri/Sat at 2250 whereas Crash Landing is on Sat/Sun 2100. So timing wise, Korean audience actually will have the option of watching both real time if they wished. As I am certain our drama couple will give the audience fantastic acting and chemistry which will be good enough, I am not too worried about the comparison.

Regarding reasons for choosing this project, I can only comment about Hyun Bin as I don’t know much about Son Yejin. He has revealed in a number of interviews that he’s the type that doesn’t choose a project based on the views of others. For example, he chose to act in Friend Our Legend (which was a drama remake of the box office movie starring his bff Jang Dong Geon) despite skepticisms about it from his agency, friends and well-meaning people around him. He said he chose it because years ago when he watched the movie, he had thought to himself that he wanted to act in such a project and he wanted to challenge himself in a gangster role. He has also said that he’s the type that, if he wants to do something, he will pursue it and persist in doing it. So, I am sure he has his good reasons for choosing this project, whether it is because he wants to challenge himself or because of any other reason and I trust his judgment. So far, I have loved watching all of his projects - even those with lackluster ratings because he never ever fails to impress me with his acting. :wub: I became a fan after Secret Garden because of his great acting there. I have since watched every single one of his projects and multiple times too for all of them coz I usually find myself unable to move on from his characters due to his impactful acting :D 
As for Son Yejin, I have watched her in The Classic (watched this twice - years ago and recently around Secret Forest airing time, I watched it again coz of Jo Seung Woo haha); Remember (I happened to like Jeong Woo Seong very much though not at the fan level of liking that I have for Hyun Bin) and most recently, The Last Princess. And oh, ofc The Negotiation too. I have great faith in Son Yejin’s acting too. So, I am absolutely certain that the acting of our leads itself will engage the audience. 

Regarding views about the drama, as I am sufficiently Hangeul-literate and have been monitoring Knetz’ reception towards the drama, my only fear is the spread of misperceptions about the drama by Knetz( I won’t mention the two misperceptions that have been talked about coz I wanna nip these in the bud). Am keeping our actors, cast, production team and all in my prayers.

You can count on me being here to give my unconditional support and love for this drama!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 4

31 minutes ago, randomlee said:

Lee Jeong Hyeok spotted!

haha..this old man’s vest and this hairstyle..Aigoo..okay, I won’t say anything other than that he looks good in any clothes and hairstyle :D

Wasn’t expecting such a young looking LJH too.

I have not watched Park Ji Eun’s My Love From Another Star and I dropped Legend of the Blue Sea after two episodes. But I thoroughly enjoyed My Husband Got A family which I consider to be one of the best family dramas I have watched. As soon as I can spare the time, I will try watching My Love From Another Star before Crash Landing premieres as I do want to check out the writer’s style. In the last few years of kdrama watching I have stopped watching kdramas that are primarily centered on romance unless it has an actor I like very much in it. As a drama fan, between a fairytale-like or a fantasy romance story and a more realistic romance story, I must admit I do prefer a more realistic one. JTBC’s ‘Chocolate’ which will air around the same time is written by Lee Kyung Hee, the writer of I’m Sorry I Love You (I love this kdrama btw) and the storyline of that one does appear more realistic. The two dramas will undoubtedly be compared - ratings wise. But I have faith in Crash Landing coz we will definitely get superb acting from our leads and explosive chemistry between them as well (for romance kdramas, often, this alone is enough - look at Her Private Life). I have also checked the timings - JTBC’s drama airs on Fri/Sat at 2250 whereas Crash Landing is on Sat/Sun 2100. So timing wise, Korean audience actually will have the option of watching both real time if they wished. As I am certain our drama couple will give the audience fantastic acting and chemistry which will be good enough, I am not too worried about the comparison.

Regarding reasons for choosing this project, I can only comment about Hyun Bin as I don’t know much about Son Yejin. He has revealed in a number of interviews that he’s the type that doesn’t choose a project based on the views of others. For example, he chose to act in Friend Our Legend (which was a drama remake of the box office movie starring his bff Jang Dong Geon) despite skepticisms about it from his agency, friends and well-meaning people around him. He said he chose it because years ago when he watched the movie, he had thought to himself that he wanted to act in such a project and he wanted to challenge himself in a gangster role. He has also said that he’s the type that, if he wants to do something, he will pursue it and persist in doing it. So, I am sure he has his good reasons for choosing this project, whether it is because he wants to challenge himself or because of any other reason and I trust his judgment. So far, I have loved watching all of his projects - even those with lackluster ratings because he never ever fails to impress me with his acting. :wub: I became a fan after Secret Garden because of his great acting there. I have since watched every single one of his projects and multiple times too for all of them coz I usually find myself unable to move on from his characters due to his impactful acting :D 
As for Son Yejin, I have watched her in The Classic (watched this twice - years ago and recently around Secret Forest airing time, I watched it again coz of Jo Seung Woo haha); Remember (I happened to like Jeong Woo Seong very much though not at the fan level of liking that I have for Hyun Bin) and most recently, The Last Princess. And oh, ofc The Negotiation too. I have great faith in Son Yejin’s acting too. So, I am absolutely certain that the acting of our leads itself will engage the audience. 

Regarding views about the drama, as I am sufficiently Hangeul-literate and have been monitoring Knetz’ reception towards the drama, my only fear is the spread of misperceptions about the drama by Knetz( I won’t mention the two misperceptions that have been talked about coz I wanna nip these in the bud). Am keeping our actors, cast, production team and all in my prayers.

You can count on me being here to give my unconditional support and love for this drama!!!

I just want to add something as a fan of Son Yejin, she acted all her dramas and movies without realizing people would love it  or appreciate it the most important to her is she would give justice to her role and challenge herself  and that's what she is and same with Hyunbin so I believe that both of them knows what are they doing and I'm sure they've enjoyed every minute of it so I am so excited about the drama and I always pray for the success of it 

• Like 1
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, thi2018 said:

They looked worry and sad in the teaser despite beautiful scenery. The teaser didn't give me any comedic vibes. Isn't this romcom?

I guess its more on melodrama and a trace of bits romcom. It looks like this teaser is for the ending giving us a penny of hint. Meeting at the lake, where hb has a suitcase with him. Saying goodbyes :cry:or Staying with her :blush:. Can't wait to see:innocent:

• Like 4

I just want to give a brief update after monitoring the activities on naver. Almost all comments on NaverTalk are positive with all top comments saying they are looking forward to the drama. Won’t give a literal translation with commentators’ profile etc as that’s tedious:sweatingbullets:

But a summary of comments look like this:

- Their visuals already makes me look forward to the drama.

- Wow..their visuals. The drama will be daebak!

- My heart is already going dugun dugun

- Their visuals alone will already make the drama crazy good

And news reports had titles that go like this - Crash Landing of Love, a drama with our National Treasures in terms of Visuals as leads, etc, etc... haha..it’s really funny the way they use such laudatory terms to describe our leads :lol:

And a lot of comments about how crazily awesome/handsome/cool etc Hyun Bin looks :wub: As a fan of Hyun Bin I can only say, I agree haha

The drama’s name CLL went on to become top search term, with the highest (from my own monitoring) at no. 9. Coincidentally,  The Negotiation was higher at 7. Just before I came in to post here, drama dropped to no.13 and The Negotiation was at no. 9. Think tvN might be airing The Negotiation again.

0Q1pke3.jpg

epAtSX9.jpg

As for NaverTV, their dating rumors clip was at top search for a while and it remained within top 10 for a few hours. :huh:

Overall, the reception has been really really positive! Yippee! Haha..tvN’s teaser clip for Crash Landing had the most views and likes among its other clips and posts on IG and naverTV. I believe they deleted their tweet coz I saw some complaints from Hyun Bin’s fans. Haha..maybe because it’s getting too much attention and is overshadowing their currently airing dramas. But do watch the drama teaser on NaverTV if you can so that the teaser can get to within the Top Most Viewed (instead of that rumors one siiighhh..)

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

@Loveumore Haha..I just want to remind you about Soompi’s rules not to quote posts with pics or IG links. I had forgotten about these rules and had to be reminded again by Soompi admin. So please do not quote my posts that had either pics or IG links. You can do a tag like how I am doing now. Thank you!

• Like 3