[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

[HanCinema's News] Interest Spikes in Swiss Shooting Locations for "Crash Landing on You"

photo1155690.jpg

One of the aspects of "Crash Landing on You" that has endeared it to fans has been the drama's unusually good use of foreign location shooting. The lead characters in the drama, played by Son Ye-jin and Hyun Bin, are from opposite sides of the Demilitarized Zone, but meet together in Switzerland, a country where many Koreans have been known to visit.

photo1155689.jpg

Among the locations identified in the last episode of the drama are some shots of Lindenhof as well as the Rudolf Brun Bruck bridge. A Zurich train station can also be located in the area. But the most distinctive local touch is how the final scene is framed by paragliding in the background, allowing the drama to come full circle with its premise via an overall romantic backdrop.

Though the overall role of Switzerland in "Crash Landing on You" is minor, the drama's popularity has caused a spike of interest in tourism relative to the region. Meanwhile, "Crash Landing on You" finished airing at an all-time rating record for tvN, and will soon be followed up by the new drama "Hi Bye, Mama!", which stars Kim Tae-hee in the lead role for her comeback.

Spoiler

photo1155688.jpg

Written by William Schwartz (2020/02/19)

Since we still are hung up with this drama I think it won't hurt to keep posting whatever we can come across with re CLOY :)

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I was just thinking so supposedly we are just imagining their chemistry they are not dating strictly business....but don't you think that HB had to find her gorgeous and vice versa? I mean come on...they may be professional but they are not blind!!!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I’m new to the forum and to k-dramas in general, but I found myself completed addicted to CLOY after the first few episodes :D

Usually, when I finish watching a tv show I dive straight into fanworks to deal with WS, but sadly I discovered a lack of FanFiction for CLOY (I heard that’s the case for most of the recent k-dramas :huh:)

So I decided to help do something about it and began writing some fics myself!

I‘d like to share with you guys what I have so far in case someone is interested ^_^

https://archiveofourown.org/works/22839457

https://archiveofourown.org/works/22850038

Thanks!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Dana T said:

I was just thinking so supposedly we are just imagining their chemistry they are not dating strictly business....but don't you think that HB had to find her gorgeous and vice versa? I mean come on...they may be professional but they are not blind!!!!

This may not suppose to be in this forum but let me tell you, Hyun Bin keep saying she is beautiful without being shy since the negotiation days. I leave it here. So you are free to interpret anything. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Winny said:

I see HB and SYJ's MIA after the drama in different light, HB and SYJ are already establish A-listers , maybe this is their way of giving chance to their cast mates, let others have the spot light for a change, without the other cast members, CLOY won't be CLOY, they all deserve the popularity CLOY has achieved. Let's be happy for all of them. :D Just my 2 cents...

I know, I am just being too greedy. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I love how hauntingly beautiful the song Sigriswil is in the CLOY OST. So I looked for the actual place in Switzerland. I would love to visit the Suspension Bridge where they shot the drama and  maybe stay at one of those chalets by the lake side. I doubt I’d ever go paragliding but would love to take the train in this beautiful scenic place. 

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Dana T said:

3 hours ago, liltash85 said:

This may not suppose to be in this forum but let me tell you, Hyun Bin keep saying she is beautiful without being shy since the negotiation days. I leave it here. So you are free to interpret anything. 

You're not human if you don't get affected with that "wistful" and "dreamy" look.  I guess what makes their acting standout is that there's no acting at all. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

Kim Jung-nan and Hyun Bin, Like Mother and Son

photo1156779.jpg

Kim Jung-nan revealed a picture she took with Hyun Bin.

She posted a picture on her social media network and added the hashtags, "#crashlandingonyou #kimjungnan #hyunbin #jungseoyoon".

In the picture Hyun Bin has his arms around Kim Jung-nan and make-up artist Jung Seo-yoon. Kim Jung-nan added to the caption, "We look like an aunt and mother with her son".

Meanwhile, Kim Jung-nan recently starred in the tvN drama "Crash Landing on You" as an influential figure in an officer's private estate named Ma Yeong-ae.

Source : moneys.mt.co.kr/news/...

• Like 5

https://www.soompi.com/article/1384839wpp/kim-jung-hyun-talks-about-how-crash-landing-on-you-was-a-turning-point-in-his-life

Kim Jung Hyun Talks About How “Crash Landing On You” Was A Turning Point In His Life

Feb 24, 2020
by R. Jun

In an interview with Sports DongA, actor Kim Jung Hyun talked about tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” and what the drama means to him.

He described the drama as a “turning point,” and said thanks to the drama, he was able to get past a 17-month period where he was physically and mentally unwell and unable to love himself.

The actor spoke about the controversy in 2018 when he was criticized for his behavior at the press conference for MBC’s “Time.” He later left the drama early due to an eating disorder.

Kim Jung Hyun said, “It was a time when I had been berating myself as both a person and an actor. I was having a really hard time then, to the point where I thought, ‘Why am I living?’ Every moment was like I was standing at the edge of a cliff. One day, I suddenly realized that I was being too hard on myself. I felt that because I wasn’t able to live well at the moment, I would continue to feel like I was at the edge of a cliff in the future. Once I realized that, I tried to focus on the present and the people around me.”

The actor said “Crash Landing on You” was a drama that helped him find hope. “What I’m most thankful for is that I learned that I’m someone who can be loved as well. I regained a lot of self esteem. PD Lee Jung Hyo just said to me, ‘Let’s have fun,’ and that gave me a lot of strength. I’ve never been contacted so much from friends’ parents asking me to come over for dinner.”

The actor’s goal this year is to study English. He said, “One day, I will be able to relay the energy that I feel when watching movies to people from countries all around the world.”

“I want to improve my English beyond just conversational skills to being able to act in English.” Laughing, he added, “Actor Park Myung Hoon, who appeared in ‘Parasite,’ told me to prepare in advance.”

Source (1)

———

Netflix to release 'Top 10' feature in push toward transparency, ease of search

By Helen Coster

Reuters | February 24, 2020

(Reuters) - Netflix Inc <NFLX.O> on Monday announced plans to launch a new Top 10 feature that will allow users to see the most popular TV series and films in their country.

The Los Gatos, California, company has guarded its viewership data for years and only recently started revealing information about how many people watch its shows.

Director of Product Innovation Cameron Johnson wrote in a company blog post https://media.netflix.com/en/company-blog/see-whats-popular-on-netflix that Netflix will update the Top 10 feature daily. It will include an overall top 10 list as well as lists for the most popular TV series and films.

Shows that make these lists will be designated with a "Top 10" badge elsewhere on the platform. The streaming giant has been experimenting with top 10 lists in Mexico and the United Kingdom for the last six months, wrote Johnson.

Netflix uses an algorithm to serve up content based on a user's viewing history, but still faces criticism that it is difficult to browse. The Top 10 list addresses that criticism, and also reflects a trend by the company to be more transparent about how its shows are performing.

In December Netflix released a list of its most popular shows and films of 2019 in the United States, based on the number of households watching at least two minutes of a series, movie or special during its first 28 days on the service. The numbers were not verified by a third party.

(Reporting by Helen Coster; Editing by Lisa Shumaker)

https://gizmodo.com/netflix-will-finally-tell-you-what-the-most-popular-mov-1841893619

Netflix Will Finally Tell You What the Most Popular Movies and Shows Are

by Catie Keck

DD53166-E-5097-4606-948-C-AB5-D3-A92-DCA
Image: Netflix

Netflix’s recent pivot to churning out originals has meant that it’s been throwing a lot of richard simmons against a wall to see what sticks. This—combined with whatever algorithm is in place to determine what you like based on what you’ve watched or selected—makes for a pretty muddy discovery process for users hoping to find the next great thing on the service.

Now, a new feature could help surface some of the more compelling content users are watching day to day. As of today, a new row on the Netflix home screen will display the top 10 most popular shows and movies on the platform that day in the U.S. The order will change daily depending on what others are watching, and Netflix says that “the position of the row will vary depending on how relevant the shows and films are to you.” That is to say, if you’re not likely to watch what’s ranked highest, Netflix is less likely to promote the list to you.

45-E65-F84-552-C-4-A32-B493-ACEFB1-C528-
An example of a top 10 list for TV and movies
Image: Netflix

This list will be visible on the main Netflix page, and individual top 10 lists will have their own respective spots on the TV and movie tabs. According to Netflix, items that appear on these lists will get earmarked with special badges elsewhere in search and on the site.

Netflix may not do everything right—flooding its site with content it hopes will have something for everyone, for example, has created an especially frustrating experience for users seeking quality over quantity—but giving users a better chance at discovering good content, or at the very least popular content, might lend itself better to a discovery experience much closer to one users actually want. That is, one that’s less like dumpster diving for content and more like a thoughtfully curated platform promoting semi-watchable TV and movies.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 3

OSEN | 2020. 02. 24. 7:54 PM

Reaching out of Asia, "Crash Landing on You" causes sensation worldwide

E3146-CBE-6-BAC-455-D-B52-E-F31-F91-FADF

Studio Dragon's Sat-Sun drama "Crash Landing on You" (tvN, scriptwriter: Park Ji Eun, director: Lee Jung Hyo, producers: Culture Depot, Studio Dragon) officially ended its broadcast on February 16. Starting with an average viewership rating of 6.1% in the first episode, the drama consistently showed a rapid increase in rating during its broadcast and officially ended with an average rating of 21.7%, peaking at 24.1% in the last episode. Therefore, the work has written a new page on the viewership ratings among tvN's dramas.

The drama ''Crash Landing on You'' is available in 190 countries on Netflix. In Latin America, English-speaking regions, and Asian regions including Korea, each episode was published after the end of the official broadcast from the first episode. Meanwhile in Europe and Japan, all episodes were streamed simultaneously on February 16. With such global coverage, ''Crash Landing on You'' is taking the world by storm.

Reportedly, the drama is becoming more and more popular in Taiwan. Three of the four major newspapers here specifically published news regarding "Crash Landing on You". Many media outlets have also been regularly uploading articles about the drama for days. Moreover, in many countries in Southeast Asia, South America, etc., fans also set up fan pages on social networks to share photos and videos. Meanwhile, the 4 videos posted on Netflix' SNS also quickly hit 6.08 million views. This figure is absolutely overwhelming compared to the number of views of other shows. The popularity of the drama “Crash Landing on You” has reached out of Asia and spread to other continents such as North America, South America, Europe, etc.

The production company Studio Dragon also got to feel the global popularity thanks to ''Crash Landing on You'' when receiving many interview and data requests from international media such as CNN, AP, ABC News, Forbes (the US), and Spanish telecommunications company, etc. The reporters said, "It seems that everyone in the world has a special feeling about the genuine image of North Korea and the unique situation of South Korea. This is a very interesting phenomenon."

Netflix's representative said, "Via Netflix, 'Crash Landing on You', a 'made in Korea' drama created by Korean producers has gone beyond its homeland and is highly loved by international fans. As the worldwide audience is more and more interested in Korean dramas, we expect that foreign fans, who are seeking good dramas, will continue to watch 'Crash Landing on You' on Netflix service."

CP Yoon Hyun Ki of Studio Dragon - the unit in charge of producing "Crash Landing on You" - shared, "We are really happy and proud of the good results the drama gained after a long journey, from early overseas shooting to the filming in Korea in freezing weather." He added, "I think these results are thanks to a combination of numerous factors like unique background setting, absorbing development, the main and supporting actors' passionate acting, emotional direction, and beautiful footages, etc. Over the past time, we were invigorated thanks to the support of TV viewers for the drama."

Studio Dragon's representative said, "Recently, thanks to global entertainment streaming services, many films have been released around the world in real-time. In a wider area than before, the reaction of foreign audiences as well as public opinion will come out immediately. Following the global media trend, Studio Dragon is expected to make full use of streaming services as a content distribution platform."

OSEN = Reporter Park So Young /comet568@osen.co.kr
Photo = tvN 
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive 
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just watched Son Yejin's Be with you (coping with CLOY). It is heart-warming, full of love, A tear-jerker. I cried at scenes that the actors are not even crying.

Why is it that almost all of SYJ's movies or dramas are not "completely happy endings???" It is always like that, sort of happy ending, has closure but not entirely happy :bawling:. Just like CLOY. I love it and admire it, it is genius but my heart is not completely happy or at rest after seeing the ending.

• Like 3