[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

1 hour ago, Loveumore said:

Knock knock hi dear @KimSooHanMoosis there's a new 3rd teaser just came out at tvnyoutubechannel. We are so so thankful to you again for ur kind translation. :kiss_wink:

Oh haha I really really can’t translate at all  from just listening. My previous translations have got the texts that aid in my understanding.

This is what I can pick out but am really really not sure at all so please don’t take it as right..even my Chinese Hyun Bin fans counterparts who are a lot more learned in the Korean language than I am are struggling and no one has released any translation yet. We non Korean natives have great difficulties when it comes to translating from just spoken Korean coz of the conjugation of sounds etc..and also the speed of spoken Korean.

Here’s just strictly to satisfy your curiosity for now and it’s based on my very very limited listening skills:

RJH: I am xxx from North Korea and I come from xxx......... I will definitely protect you (I find Hyunbin’s and Seo Dan’s parts extremely difficult to figure out coz of the North Korean accent haha)

YSR: In Republic of Korea, if you don’t know who I am you must be a spy. Though I am unable to tell you because I am too shocked...(haha..YSR sounds a bit nonsensical to me)

Seo Dan: I am bored..(came out for dinner.??) Aren’t the two of them clearly close?

Kim Jung-hyun’s character (Goo Seung Joon) - That’s a deserter of the country, you know. You need to give me money for evidence of murder.

RJH: 14 Dec first broadcast.

Anyway please please don’t take this translation as anywhere near correct haha cos I really am not sure at all. I will oblige only this once. Won’t oblige again haha..coz it’s not right to give a wrong translation :D

(The ? is from me to indicate that I am not sure.)

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2

5 hours ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

Oh haha I really really can’t translate at all  from just listening. My previous translations have got the texts that aid in my understanding.

This is what I can pick out but am really really not sure at all so please don’t take it as right..even my Chinese Hyun Bin fans counterparts who are a lot more learned in the Korean language than I am are struggling and no one has released any translation yet. We non Korean natives have great difficulties when it comes to translating from just spoken Korean coz of the conjugation of sounds etc..and also the speed of spoken Korean.

Here’s just strictly to satisfy your curiosity for now and it’s based on my very very limited listening skills:

RJH: I am xxx from North Korea and I come from xxx......... I will definitely protect you (I find Hyunbin’s and Seo Dan’s parts extremely difficult to figure out coz of the North Korean accent haha)

YSR: In Republic of Korea, if you don’t know who I am you must be a spy. Though I am unable to tell you because I am too shocked...(haha..YSR sounds a bit nonsensical to me)

Seo Dan: I am bored..(came out for dinner.??) Aren’t the two of them clearly close?

Kim Jung-hyun’s character (Goo Seung Joon) - That’s a deserter of the country, you know. You need to give me money for evidence of murder.

RJH: 14 Dec first broadcast.

Anyway please please don’t take this translation as anywhere near correct haha cos I really am not sure at all. I will oblige only this once. Won’t oblige again haha..coz it’s not right to give a wrong translation :D

(The ? is from me to indicate that I am not sure.)

Lots of thanks sis. God bless your heart. Yes noted:blush: it wont go anywhere. 

• Like 2

Aigoooo..I was so far off haha:D Mianhe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here’s the translation!

Watch: “Crash Landing On You” Starring Hyun Bin And Son Ye Jin Teases Exciting Characters And Relationships

Watch: “Crash Landing On You” Starring Hyun Bin And Son Ye Jin Teases Exciting Characters And Relationships

tvN’s “Crash Landing on You,” starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin, has released a new teaser!

“Crash Landing on You” is a romance drama about a wealthy South Korean heiress named Yoon Se Ri (played by Son Ye Jin), who is forced to make an emergency landing in North Korea during a paragliding trip due to unexpected high winds. North Korean officer Ri Jung Hyuk (played by Hyun Bin) attempts to hide her and falls in love in the process.

The teaser begins with Ri Jung Hyuk in the middle of what looks like an operation or training exercise, as he talks about a promise he made with a South Korean captain. “I want to keep that promise,” says Ri Jung Hyuk.

The scene cuts to Yoon Se Ri and Ri Jung Hyuk having a meal together, and as Ri Jung Hyuk looks on, unamused, Yoon Se Ri goes on about how famous she is. She says, “If you don’t know who I am in South Korea, you’re a spy. I’m not telling you my name right now because I’m afraid you’ll fall over in surprise.”

Seo Dan, played by Seo Ji Hye, is a North Korean in the top 1 percent and also Ri Jung Hyuk’s fiancee. She says to Jung Hyuk, “Your father asked me to do something. To become close with you.”

Ku Seung Jun, a rich conman played by Kim Jung Hyun, also appears in the teaser. He says, “If I get hurt even the slightest bit? Your money is going to disappear, just like that.”

“Crash Landing on You” premieres December 14.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

hello everyone! I'm back from my soompi hiatus for this drama. So excited!!! Thank you to all of you who have contributed translations and posted pictures and videos.. can't stop smiling rewatching and just looking at them. Hyun Bin and Son Yejin is like match made in heaven :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 6

22 hours ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

Aigooo..chasing this drama is going to be tiresome as it’s going to be hard to understand the language. Even tvN is using North Korean in their caption. I had a hard time trying to understand. Same for Hyun Bin’s three poetic lines using Yoon Se Ri as the starting word in the tvN Interview - I had to make a clever guess coz of the additional words like 네, 네다. Now I have found words like 소 inserted as ending words haha..thankfully I have watched enough Sageuks to make clever guesses. Okay enough of my grousings. The purpose of this post is to share about tvN’s very funny caption.

”Comrade Jung Hyuk, do you remember this? When Comrade and I went to the Louvre Museum to rob, only Comrade was not caught because you managed to disguise yourself as a statue.”

:D:D:D

Okay, tvN is forgiven!

By the way, Crash Landing on You as a search trended on naver (in Top 14) for a short while this morning coz of the release of Jung Hyuk’s still cuts. And Chinese kdrama fans are on fire! All Kdrama accounts that post about this drama related stuffs have been getting thousands of comments and lots of likes. One major drama account garnered more than 720k likes on just today’s post alone. 

Grateful to you sis as you tried your presence to keep us updated in a way that we could really understand thorougly. Hoping you won't get tired in the future or else we lost translation :D. And we sincerely do apologized for depending you much:wub:. God bless us all the more. 

Fighting all 2Ri/BinJin sisters:kiss_wink:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

fS6cVlq.jpg

The character poster and description of Seo Dan is out.

My translated summary:

Seo Ji Hye plays Seo Dan, a "spicy woman" ( '맵짠녀' - literally means “spicy and salty female”) in the upper class of Pyongyang.  The term “Spicy woman" in the North Korean parlance  means "Queen”. Seo Dan is a cellist who has just returned from studying abroad. She will portray “Girl Crush” charms of a straightforward girl.

In the released stills, Seo Dan exudes an exotic, distinctive charm.  She is adorned in a cool, urban style, and her expression appears cold. The appearance of indifference combined with her beautiful appearance is reminiscent of a thorny rose. However, against the “cold exterior”, she will be a “Girl Crush” character with a lot of inner charms. 

In particular, Seo Dan is the fiancee of North Korean elite officer Ri Jeong Hyeok. Although outwardly she treats him with a sense of humor, she has a kind heart inside. It is curious to know what kind of romance she will develop with him.

Source: https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/109/0004123160

Reading about Seo Dan makes me realize that we are going to see RJH having a hard time being conflicted as he is a principled man. He’s going to struggle with choosing love above his principles - (i) love vs faithfulness towards his prior engagement with Seo Dan; (ii) love vs honour and commitment towards his country. Can’t wait to see Hyun Bin deliver these emotions through his great acting!!!

On a separate note, I am happy to see that so many people are happy to see Kim Jung Hyun’s comeback in this drama and will be watching to show their support. He is a really good actor. Am excited about seeing him again too. Yay!!!

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Just now, KimSooHanMoo said:

Thanks 

I love him since Jealousy  Incarnate and he indeed a good actor, the last time I saw him was with the drama Time he was excellent there but suddenly his role was cut because of his illness but I think he is back for good and I am so excited 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@alou68 A gentle reminder not to quote with pics and IG or Twitter links. To avoid the hassle of deleting pics and links when you “quote”, use @ like how I have done here.

To all others participating in this thread, a gentle reminder not to quote posts with pics and IG/twitter links. There are good reasons why you should not do that. Too many of such quotes can cause this thread to hang. You also won’t want Soompi admin to issue you with a warning note. :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

My translation of the posters released by tvN

wIX4BV4.png

1st Poster

14 December Saturday Night 9pm First Broadcast 

2nd Poster

Point 1

Silly Yoon SeRi 

#CasualLanguage #ExplosiveCharm

Yoon SeRi who replies in Honorific Language 

To Casual Language-equipped Ri Jung Hyuk

TXTimbe.png

Poster 3

Point 2 

Couple Nickname

#TwoRi #RiRi

Ri Jung Hyuk and Yoon SeRi’s couple nickname

Keywords-making that is full of cuteness 

Poster 4

Point 3

Five Words to Describe the Drama 

#RecentPerson_RiJungHyuk #proudlysaid

Sat Sun That’ll Rip Apart & Regret If You Don’t Watch 

The idea in Ri Jung Hyuk’s answer that makes so much sense deserves full marks

WMG7seK.png

Poster 5

Point 4

The reason why you must watch

#heartflutteringpoint #You

Needless To Say

The appearance of Ri Jung Hyuk & Yoon SeRi

Poster 6

Point 5

Three Poetic Lines Sparkling and Shimmering Down

#LikeARevolution #AwesomeBrightness

Yoon - Sparkles Shimmering Down

Se - The Brightest Light In The World

Ri - Ri Jung Hyuk

Yoon SeRi’s surprise attack on Comrade Ri Jung Hyuk with a liking of a revolutionary level

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2