[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

35 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

Okay, Man Soo, start spilling tea tomorrow!

my guess is that he will definitely be attacked before that but since he always has back up plans, the truth will come out anyway. the question is whether he survives. if he does, then jenny and mrs ji will probably forgive him because the guy has literally had 2 attempts on his life by shady mom.

brother police and grandpa had a showdown that was kind of funny. brother police tries to tell him that grandpa has it wrong and he shouldn't be spreading rumours. grandpa is like "I am old, I will do what I want regardless." :lol:

jenny as usual is being conned by shady mom. why does she believe shady mom's lies? shady mom convinces jenny that they need to go to LA immediately to turn over the company to jenny's name. post that, shady mom will return to seoul and surrender to police.

the DNA test is also going to be done soon. so it should come out that man soo is shady mom's son. dong joo is already figuring out that jenny may not be shady mom's daughter which is why man soo wanted to marry her. so next few days should hopefully be interesting. then few episodes to wrap up the fallout...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am amused by how Ae Young knows how to handle Young Man and her MIL.  She stopped him right away from flirting with other girls whereas SA would have whined and sulked, and before, she totally put down all of crazy aunt's craziness and called her out as a child abuser, which she was when she abused SA in front of Daseul too.  

@Lmangla We know Jenny is a fool.  No getting around that.  

1 minute ago, tulip06 said:

I am amused by how Ae Young knows how to handle Young Man and her MIL.  She stopped him right away from flirting with other girls whereas SA would have whined and sulked, and before, she totally put down all of crazy aunt's craziness and called her out as a child abuser, which she was when she abused SA in front of Daseul too.  

but I found it odd, a little unhealthy, the scene where he was flirting with the girl, he has his girlfriend in front of him, but he has a kind of sudden attraction ?? really the writers

I hope the flight out of Korea is a night flight so a few bombs can go off prior to the escape.  Jenny is meeting with MS, so she isn't going yet.  It's Kang (gangster bro) who is making trouble for Chairman Oh.  I loved the part where ES said to shady Mom, "Your son is hovering around you."  She is stunned when he talked about her giving birth to a son.  When does it sink in for her?

Not sure if the book about "Dinny"/"Tinny"/Tsin-che/or whatever they call her is actually going to happen.  :P

Can someone tell me if the actor playing Man Soo is really a good actor or do he all ways looks like he's in pain all the time even when he smiles. Just starting to look at dramas again and not familiar with this actor. The pain on his face all the time breaks my heart.  I know it should't, but he makes me want to cry every time I see him. 

12 minutes ago, laura Washington said:

Can someone tell me if the actor playing Man Soo is really a good actor or do he all ways looks like he's in pain all the time even when he smiles. Just starting to look at dramas again and not familiar with this actor. The pain on his face all the time breaks my heart.  I know it should't, but he makes me want to cry every time I see him. 

He is definitely good actor. This is his first main role.

pain is related to 2 things, his love for Jenny and his mom. Jenny doesn't love him and his mom tried to kill him. 

40 minutes ago, laura Washington said:

He is super cheerful on his Instagram. He is a brilliant actor. Probably too good for this show.

4 hours ago, laura Washington said:

hahaha, me having the same thought :D

More of the same... MS is interrupted by shady Mom in his meeting with Jenny.  At  the end of the episode, he is taking the red suitcase to the secret vault and calls for an asst.  He is leery of the guy who doesn't look familiar, but the preview shows him in the next episode, so I guess he's O.K.

All kinds of pictures and CCTV footage shows shady Mom and the other shady characters, including that other gangster guy.  Chairman Oh suspects shady Mom behind the J Group financial investigation, and he's really mad.  I think Jenny doesn't get on the plane at the airport, and skips out.

1 hour ago, rolisrntex said:

There are some good ones in the past and some of them have been mentioned in this thread. This one has been a stinker for sure.

Totally agree. I'm barely watching this drama now, it's so boring...

Spoiler

I'm currently watching The Women's Room and I love it so far. They have better characters... ah, 2014 dramas were gold. Almost.

Somehow the red suitcase that MS was carrying into the elevator got into shady Mom's hands, so she thinks she has all of the evidence.  That would be wrong as there were numerous things in the locked safe.  Preview shows him at the prosecutor's  office  spilling things about the Black Rose.  She is seen at home going through the suitcase, so obviously they did not get on the plane.

I had to laugh at shady Mom's "puffy shirt" she was wearing to the airport.  Not really the look for a middle aged, puffy woman.:tounge_wink:

If she is going through the suitcase that means you can't trust anyone in the prosecutor's office either. From the preview it looks like  MS turned everything over to them. How did she get the suitcase I wonder. The Black Rose is a BAD, shutting my mouth. SMH

And yes the puffy shirt was a bit much. LOL

21 hours ago, tulip06 said:

He is super cheerful on his Instagram. He is a brilliant actor. Probably too good for this show.

This is not the kind of drama to show case his talents.. He seems to be a break out actor which they normally starts off in Tv novels. Which is grounds for rookie actors to get in touch with there emotions to scenes and whatever maybe in the settings.. As we all know time will tell if he needs to go back redo himself..

On 10/23/2019 at 7:07 AM, Lmangla said:

my guess is that he will definitely be attacked before that but since he always has back up plans, the truth will come out anyway. the question is whether he survives. if he does, then jenny and mrs ji will probably forgive him because the guy has literally had 2 attempts on his life by shady mom.

brother police and grandpa had a showdown that was kind of funny. brother police tries to tell him that grandpa has it wrong and he shouldn't be spreading rumours. grandpa is like "I am old, I will do what I want regardless." :lol:

jenny as usual is being conned by shady mom. why does she believe shady mom's lies? shady mom convinces jenny that they need to go to LA immediately to turn over the company to jenny's name. post that, shady mom will return to seoul and surrender to police.

the DNA test is also going to be done soon. so it should come out that man soo is shady mom's son. dong joo is already figuring out that jenny may not be shady mom's daughter which is why man soo wanted to marry her. so next few days should hopefully be interesting. then few episodes to wrap up the fallout...

@Lmangla   Thanks for the update, Wasn't able to continue to watch the full episode but this tells it all. I have my own theory on how things will play out but won't spoil it for you guy's.

Archived