[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

For those wondering, MS is still alive.  KI calls Dong Joo and tells what happened.  ES tells DJ the results of the DNA test.  Jenny is with MS and ignores the calls from ES.  Shady Mom changes clothes and tries to be unrecognizable.  ES chases her in the airport and tells her that MS is her son.  She is defiant, so he pulls out the test.  She argues, then runs.  

In a taxi, it is sinking in what she has done.  I think there was something on the taxi radio about the Black Rose, and she asks to be let out at a park.   She stumbles to a bench and starts remembering how she met MS at one of Jenny's shows, and how he introduced himself to her and brought her roses (10 years ago).  He was kind and generous to her and showered her with gifts and jewelry.  She now knows why he asked her to adopt him after the engagement was broken, and how he wanted a family.  She is shaken, then leaves without her phone on the bench.

She calls Jenny from a payphone and asks about MS.  She goes to the hospital where the nurse asks her who she is.  She says, "I'm his mother."  She tells MS, "It's me, Mom."

ES tells Jenny that MS is Wang Soo Jin's son, and that she is not her daughter.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this drama is weird that all the action is happening at the end.hahahaha.... so shady mom as always goes into denial and arrogance as her first response. eun seok tells her that he did a dna test and it shows man soo is her son. her response is well it is 99.9% and so there's a 0.01% that it is inaccurate and she has no idea if he fudged the results anyway. :sweatingbullets: kekekke..... but then in the taxi, it starts sinking in and she sort of does a yo-yo. she calls the assassin and yells at him at why man soo is still alive. the guy apologizes saying that man soo should have died in five minutes but had some protective gear on his wrist? he asks if he can finish the job in the hospital and she tells him to forget it. at that point, it sinks in even more. she finds out from jenny where he is and goes to the hospital. she somehow manages to sneak in. the nurse tells her visiting hours are over but she says that she is in a hurry and will leave. then, she talks to man soo where she wonders if he is really her son and if he wanted to marry jenny because of that. she cries and wishes that she knew and then she wouldnt have tried to kill him. at this point, wasn't sure if this change is believable. what do folks think?

kyung in meets jenny and tells her that the files were for her but the pickpocket took them. she will deliver the USB to the publishing company and the book should come out in a week. she also says that based on the pickpocket, it looks like someone around jenny may be involved since the materials were for her. everyone is super shocked to hear that man soo is related to shady mom. preview has eun seok telling jenny that she is most likely not shady mom's biological daughter.

it is interesting that eun seok now calls man soo as her brother. from his perspective, man soo wanted to marry jenny just so he can have a relationship with shady mom without revealing his identity. since all the characters are starting to see it that way, man soo and jenny might end up having this kind of siblings tie. side note: the actor playing eun seok is now back to being better and the character seems more normal. think he just can't do certain emotions.

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

then, she talks to man soo where she wonders if he is really her son and if he wanted to marry jenny because of that. she cries and wishes that she knew and then she wouldnt have tried to kill him. at this point, wasn't sure if this change is believable. what do folks think?

shady mom always liked MS somehow. They were together for ten years. When he lied to her and did things behind her back, she turned against him. Also that he knew about her being the black rose made her want to get rid of him. I really think she feels something for him, so the change is not actually a change, since she always had feelings for him. The flashback of her first meeting with him is so good, I liked it. She just didn't know why he was against her, that's why she wanted to kill him. Now she knows his motives, that he was her abandoned son, she no longer has to wonder what made him do what he did

@Lmangla Eunsook was good as a detective in the first episodes :D Really I felt so sorry for the actor when many of you  called him lousy. He is not that bad :) I do like him actually, his face is kind and cheerful.

I was mistaken about the radio report in the taxi that shady Mom heard... it was not about the Black Rose, but about MS being stabbed.  All of these things coming out at once finally have enough punch to knock her off her game.  The part of the story that is still quite "questionable" and frankly, a stretch, is the part about someone knowing KI would have some materials that need to be stolen.  KI didn't even know what the materials were, yet things were  taken despite MS's very careful and secretive procedures.  

9 hours ago, Lmangla said:

it is interesting that eun seok now calls man soo as her brother. from his perspective, man soo wanted to marry jenny just so he can have a relationship with shady mom without revealing his identity. since all the characters are starting to see it that way, man soo and jenny might end up having this kind of siblings tie. side note: the actor playing eun seok is now back to being better and the character seems more normal. think he just can't do certain emotions

I think KBS Drama are far better than SBS. Here the plot is not very good. I was attracted by the mystery and I liked Jenny's story as a girl who has no personality and had memory loss, but when there were too many dragging like Youngman and his family I lost interest. Mansoo's character was so interesting, but the script is missing something

The actor Son Hyuk did a great job, but the drama and the script had many flaws. Only Jenny and Shady mom are interacting well with Mansoo, also Mrs Ji.

On 10/26/2019 at 12:38 PM, chococarmela said:

I hope to never watch the actor for ES in another drama again.

Oh, I don’t mind. He is cute. There are worse actors getting jobs, so why not him?

@msmy Everything all right with you there in CA?

I am so impressed with Son WooHyuk, I hope I see him in everything after this!

And I think @Lmangla is right (how long do I need to keep the fish, by the way?), it’s going to be a sibling relationship. I think it always was one. I said so way back when actually, and MS told Jenny so when she was being bratty it’s him in Japan and telling him to get lost, and he was saying all these years they’ve been spending time together makes them close like family. She was always spaced out and self-centered, and I think Shady encouraged that because she got time with MS on her own, which she enjoyed. She liked managing Jenny and MS separately, is how I see it. So Shady played mom to them both in that time.

17 hours ago, msmy said:

For those wondering, MS is still alive.  KI calls Dong Joo and tells what happened.  ES tells DJ the results of the DNA test.  Jenny is with MS and ignores the calls from ES.  Shady Mom changes clothes and tries to be unrecognizable.  ES chases her in the airport and tells her that MS is her son.  She is defiant, so he pulls out the test.  She argues, then runs.  

In a taxi, it is sinking in what she has done.  I think there was something on the taxi radio about the Black Rose, and she asks to be let out at a park.   She stumbles to a bench and starts remembering how she met MS at one of Jenny's shows, and how he introduced himself to her and brought her roses (10 years ago).  He was kind and generous to her and showered her with gifts and jewelry.  She now knows why he asked her to adopt him after the engagement was broken, and how he wanted a family.  She is shaken, then leaves without her phone on the bench.

She calls Jenny from a payphone and asks about MS.  She goes to the hospital where the nurse asks her who she is.  She says, "I'm his mother."  She tells MS, "It's me, Mom."

ES tells Jenny that MS is Wang Soo Jin's son, and that she is not her daughter.

Shady mom ran faster in those heel than she did with sneakers. First time I have  seen her breakdown, maybe she is a little bit human after all. 

7 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

shady mom always liked MS somehow. They were together for ten years. When he lied to her and did things behind her back, she turned against him. Also that he knew about her being the black rose made her want to get rid of him. I really think she feels something for him, so the change is not actually a change, since she always had feelings for him. The flashback of her first meeting with him is so good, I liked it. She just didn't know why he was against her, that's why she wanted to kill him. Now she knows his motives, that he was her abandoned son, she no longer has to wonder what made him do what he did

@Lmangla Eunsook was good as a detective in the first episodes :D Really I felt so sorry for the actor when many of you  called him lousy. He is not that bad :) I do like him actually, his face is kind and cheerful.

I think your right about the actor who plays Eunsook, I just believe he was miss cast for this part.. I seen him before and he is so much better than this.

@tulip06... thanks for asking.  We're O.K. for now.  At least the electricity seems fairly normal.

I meant to say in my previous post that I don't think Mrs. Ji would like for her second daughter to be abused by the Oh family like her first daughter was.  Aunt has already given Jenny so much grief, and it would not make sense for her to go back into the lion's den.  And Aunt is not a forgiving person as we've seen in that she was responsible for shipping off her own granddaughter which ended in her death.  Too bad for ES that he has such a crappy family.

Jenny is an emotional wreck and very angry after hearing all the news.  She is left dangling while the questions are racing through her mind.  Shady Mom manages to elude the police again at the hospital, and she's holed up somewhere and using a payphone when she calls Jenny.  I'm not sure of the conversation at the end between the two .... Did she just ask her mother "Who am I?"  She's trying to put the pieces together.  So is Mrs. Ji after hearing everything about MS.

8 hours ago, tulip06 said:

Oh, I don’t mind. He is cute. There are worse actors getting jobs, so why not him?

@msmy Everything all right with you there in CA?

I am so impressed with Son WooHyuk, I hope I see him in everything after this!

And I think @Lmangla is right (how long do I need to keep the fish, by the way?), it’s going to be a sibling relationship. I think it always was one. I said so way back when actually, and MS told Jenny so when she was being bratty it’s him in Japan and telling him to get lost, and he was saying all these years they’ve been spending time together makes them close like family. She was always spaced out and self-centered, and I think Shady encouraged that because she got time with MS on her own, which she enjoyed. She liked managing Jenny and MS separately, is how I see it. So Shady played mom to them both in that time.

@tulip06 ~ I kept it only for 2 days and changed. so you can change it if you feel like it. :D

eun seok was actually good in the beginning episodes. then in the middle, his character came across like a dummy who would do anything for jenny which was off-putting. there needed to be nuance and some irritation but there was only a blank face and this was a sharp contrast to the earlier episodes...

the actor playing man soo did a great job. usually people overact when they are stabbed but there was such a restraint to his acting in that scene. even while lying in the hospital bed, he is breathing heavily and there is a strained expression on his face which fits in with the story.

it is interesting that you described jenny as self centered and spaced out. eun seok and everyone else has kept describing jenny as sweet but yea, she was definitely self absorbed in her little world that she didn't see anyone else around her.

bodyguard is a bit taken aback when police tell him that shady mom is the culprit and to keep an eye if she shows up again in the hospital. so shady mom can't return there. meanwhile dong joo tells mrs ji and kyung in about man soo. they are all shocked. thought mrs ji would immediately connect the dots and ask if jenny is her daughter but so far, no one has gotten a light bulb moment. guess, the drama would end then? hahahaha... 

jenny is naturally shocked and can't believe that she isn't shady mom's daughter. she accuses eun seok of making up stories and only when presented with proof about the dna test can she accept that man soo and shady mom are related. even then, she has a tough time digesting the news and tells eun seok to stay out of their family affairs. makes me think that this might be why man soo did not immediately tell jenny -- she would have rejected the truth anyway.

instead, he comes up with a business situation that would take them to korea and then try and have mrs ji and song ah meet. instead, it all happened a bit more naturally without him having to do much except arrange the business deal with J group. jenny asks shady mom about man soo but she denies it. she also asks if she is the biological daughter. jenny says that she doesn't care if she isn't the biological daughter as long as she wasn't kidnapped. she has already accepted shady mom as the black rose and criminal. so it is interesting that jenny will eventually reject shady mom because of the kidnapping. like @tulip06 said, jenny was self-centered and spaced out in japan. so she may not have cared even if man soo had told her that she isn't the biological daughter and rejected the truth about kidnapping. given the strong control shady mom had over her, jenny would have rejected the truth and stuck on with shady mom anyway

It always happens in dramas I think there is a thing in pyschology might be nature v's nurture.  Does it matter if you are blood related or not to continue the work of the rest of the family.  For good or bad, it can be the case that regardless how bad a situation is for some they resent and reject what they have been taught for others they are the only theing they know so continueing on with the work at the risk of it not being true or loosing it all is too much.

Same as those in good families if the parents excell, regardless if the child is or isnt in a positive environment it wants to exceed to make the parents proud.....

It's not going to matter much if shady Mom tries to block Jenny's attempt at a DNA test.  Surely Jenny has figured out that she doesn't have a birth certificate, nor are there any baby pictures.  We know she's dense, but that past history is so obvious.

30 minutes ago, msmy said:

It's not going to matter much if shady Mom tries to block Jenny's attempt at a DNA test.  Surely Jenny has figured out that she doesn't have a birth certificate, nor are there any baby pictures.  We know she's dense, but that past history is so obvious.

Don't expect much of Jenny.  Plus, a birth certificate can be forged and they were dirt poor before, so no baby pictures while running from place to place is possible.  

@Lmangla Yunno, I think my goldfish is rather cute...

Archived