[Drama 2019] The Joseon Romantic Comedy: Tale of Nok-Du, 조선로코: 녹두전

marykarmelina

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to note that Dong Yoon, So Hyun & the female assassin all starred in the KBS Drama, School. With the female assassin being So Hyun's bully. I wonder if she figured out his identity? Will find out next week I guess..

It's so funny how no one notices his Adam's apple LoL! Or maybe it's not as noticeable idk? Drama logic perhaps, or that he has slight stubble/facial hair eheheh. His birth secret is another mystery. 

9 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

It's so funny how no one notices his Adam's apple LoL! Or maybe it's not as noticeable idk? Drama logic perhaps, or that he has slight stubble/facial hair eheheh. His birth secret is another mystery. 

I also find it funny that no one really questions how tall he is either. But in reality it is true that people do overlook certain things when they assume certain things about you. Also, if you think about it, for the time period, wouldn't be unthinkable for a man to dress like a woman. Or even want to dress like a woman. Wasn't it illegal or something?

So it really wouldn't be their first thought that he is a man, plus it helps that he looks good dressed as a woman...so they unknowingly over look the tell tale signs. 

35 minutes ago, guinearoyal said:

I also find it funny that no one really questions how tall he is either. But in reality it is true that people do overlook certain things when they assume certain things about you. Also, if you think about it, for the time period, wouldn't be unthinkable for a man to dress like a woman. Or even want to dress like a woman. Wasn't it illegal or something?

So it really wouldn't be their first thought that he is a man, plus it helps that he looks good dressed as a woman...so they unknowingly over look the tell tale signs. 

On Monday Episode, he was questioned by his build by one of the female guards. She said he has good build, good wifey material ahahah he panicked and said that he inherited his height from his mother side of the family. 

7 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I wonder if she figured out his identity? Will find out next week I guess..

I think she already knows by that ending of ep 2^^. Coz even in the webtoon, she found about it early on. This would be really fun because we'll see their antics together while they both hide it from everyone in the village :lol:

About his Adam's people, the director said during the press con that initially, he was worried about having to use CG for his adam's apple but luckily Dong Yoon's is naturally not that visible so they didn't have to.

5 hours ago, honeywell said:

Hi all.  Anyone have a link to the drama’s opening credits?  I’m watching it now and it doesn’t have the opening credits.

What opening credits were you referring to?^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really love how they manage to insert funny scenes in between tense scenes in this drama naturally. I'm always giggling on those parts^-^. And I think the ending scene is everything :D... him screaming in his man voice after being hit "there" and that late reaction of "omo....ayah"... lol..

20191002-051446.gif 

The chemistry of these two are just off the charts, imagine how Dong Joo will fall for him too and tries hard to suppress it... he he...and if I may just say that I really like KSH's character here. It suits her because I've never seen her in this kind of a role.

And uri Jang Dong Yoon and Kim So Hyun still trending today..

ctto

@guinearoyal

The height doesn't ring off any alarms for me but the Adam's apple is a definite giveaway:phew::P Though given in general women in Joseon times are of a petite height:D

@lightbringer06

Yea when she fell, oh so strategically with her hand on his crown jewels :w00t:  WTF?! CG his adam's apple LoL?!:lol: That's another thing, doesn't she suspect he's like...weird 'cause he's super sensitive on bein' touched or he needs privacy to change his clothes LoL?!:lol: The antics are already there if ya ask me! 

@vangsweetie637  I know, right? ha ha... cannot wait when their love starts to blossom :lol:

@Latte_Anyday Hahaha.. yeah, that's the concern of the director. I meant, their antics together as they both hide his gender to the widows now that she knows. It was already fun seeing her confused as to why, like you said, he's super sensitive, so double that fun with them trying to hide it :lol:. I'm curious already what would make her help him hide his identity :D

Hah Hah... it's not really his Adam's apple or height, but his face: only the lame young widow is starting to notice "she" is a man she previously run into. But this is a kdrama logic inherited from Japanese anime: anyone remember Sailor Moon? The warrior girls were absolutely recognizable, but no one related them to their "normal" identities.

Talking of another thing, we already know Nok-du's weak point: ice creams. I cracked with that scene when he turns up from nowhere and steal that bit of delicatessen nearly from DDJ's lips. I also love Yool-mo (the chef) and his facial expressions: let's hope they've built an interesting character, not a simple guy made for us to feel Second Lead Syndrome.

“Tale Of Nok-Du” Pulls Further Into Lead With Day 2 Ratings Increase

Tale of Nok-Du” is going strong after recording great premiere ratings on Monday!

“Tale of Nok-Du” is a romantic comedy set in the Joseon era that tells the story of Jeon Nok Du (played by Jang Dong Yoon), who disguises himself as a woman to enter a mysterious all-female community, and Dong Dong Joo (played by Kim So Hyun), a gisaeng-in-training who wants to be anything but a gisaeng (female courtesan).

According to Nielsen Korea on October 2, the October 1 broadcast of the drama recorded 6.5 and 8.3 percent ratings, a solid 1.2 point increase from its premiere episodes.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1356244wpp/tale-of-nok-du-pulls-further-into-lead-with-day-2-ratings-increase

Archived